International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

ISML 2016 Divine Circlet Poster Contest submission

Show off your ISML-related talents, whatever they may be. You can also request character avatar changes here.

ISML 2016 Divine Circlet Poster Contest submission

Postby smartboyhw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:42 am

After 4 qualifiers and two rounds of single elimination, we have decided our 4 remaining contestants that are competing for the Divine Circlet! They are:
    Senjōgahara Hitagi (Monogatari series)
    Yūki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru)
    Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!)
    Sawamura Spencer Eriri (Saenai Heroine no Sodakekata)
Now is the time to express your creativity and ensure your favourite character(s) shine in the single-elimination stage and take away the prize by making an appealing poster for them! Your poster may be used as the official poster for the eventual winner!

Here are the rules for submission:

1. You can only make ONE poster for each of the four contestants listed above. You can at most submit four posters in total. You do not have to make posters for every contestant listed.

2. As we are calling for "official" poster submissions, you MUST use the template. THE TEMPLATE AND FONTS are available at:

Mega: https://mega.nz/#F!7JVw0ZYD!3PF1JTTK4wTVTaP9W5L81w
Baidu: 链接: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXBmzBe 密码: w1x9

Please refer to the guidelines below and ONLY use the official ISML English name of the characters. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE APPROPRIATE MACRONS which are provided in the template.

3. All submissions must be submitted through the forums in person or by proxy. Designated volunteers shall be responsible for collecting artworks from different platforms. We have 2 areas available for submitting entries, i.e.
a. ISML Forums
b. Baidu ISML Tieba
Your entry MUST appear in a post in this thread in the ISML forums in order to be considered valid. I shall be responsible for transferring entries from Baidu ISML Tieba to ISML Forums.

4. If you are not submitting directly through the forums, please provide us with a one-word alphanumeric username (if you don’t have one).

5. The deadline is by the end of Diamond 3 voting, i.e. 29th October, 2016, 15:00 UTC.

6. If you would like to submit a revised version of your poster(s), please DELETE the old poster(s) from the original post and put in the links with the new poster(s) to your original post.

7. Any ISML creative staff members (see here for the full list) are not eligible to participate to ensure that it is a work from the community.

8. To decide the winner, we will be hosting polls in Tieba and in the forums, along with judge voting. The ratio shall be 50% judges, 25% Tieba, 25% forums. The voting shall be held from 1st November, 2016 to 14th November, 2016 (start of Diamond 4 voting to start of Diamond NM voting).

9. We will announce the winning posters for each character along with 1-2 "fan favorite" and 2-3 "honourable mention" awards before we proceed on the remaining matches in the bracket. Apart from the winning poster corresponding to the eventual winner being the official poster for the Divine Circlet 2016, we are planning to use the posters as avatars during the remaining stages of the tournament.

10. We reserve the right to disqualify your Mikan poster entry if it is nearly identical to your submission last year.

Guidelines to making the poster:

Unfortunately, we have stopped support for GIMP. However, you can download Photoshop CS2 here with registration*.
*Photoshop CS2 is not really free but it's available for download with free registration

How to use pen tool to extract: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photos ... 4abfly.htm

If you add more posters or replace a poster, please edit your original post and add/change the respective links.
Deadline: 29th October, 2016, 15:00 UTC

1) Sample Poster & Expectations

The sample poster is kindly provided by Kurogarasu based on her submission last year.

Please remember that since you are submitting for an official poster, do NOT deviate from the template. That includes the font, colour of the glyph and text, font size, location of the text, the ISML logo and the exhibition glyph, resizing the logo and glyph, removing the words "Divine Circlet", etc. The only items you should be changing is the layer "Name Here" where you type in the name and the position of the macron (if needed), and also adding in the picture and the desired effects that you're choosing.

Please do NOT add the word "Exhibition" in as the ISML Creative Staff has decided that the Exhibition Glyph is sufficient and therefore the removal of the word starting from ISML 2015.

2) Changing Text and Name

Open the Text group to access the layers inside the textbox.

The layer "name here" is where the character name should be changed. The upper line of text at the top of the poster is in the layer "divine circlet" (i.e. the words "Divine Circlet"), while the lower line of text at the top of the poster is in the layer "more text" (no words should be in the layer).
3) Preset Effects

Under the Effects group, you can choose from a variety of staff-made effects to add to your poster. You are only supposed to use one of the default Curves layer, if you don't make your own.

However, beware that if you turn on layers randomly, you will not get the desired effects you want. If you want to use these presets, you should be comfortable with the following:
  • Know how to use use Layer Blending Options (Screen, Soft Light, Color Dodge, etc...)
  • Know how to change Opacity and Fill of a layer
  • Know how to paint on a Layer Mask to remove parts of effects you don't want (such as in the facial area)
  • Know how to use Photoshop's Filter Gallery
  • Know when to not go overboard.

For example, make a dark gray layer above your picture to preview what effects look like:

Image Image

4) Saving and Submitting Posters

Please save your poster in PNG file with no interlace (see below). JPEG file is also acceptable. DO NOT SEND ME INTERLACED PNG OR BMP OR TIFF; I will send an assassin to you.

In the past, images stored on PhotoBucket have become unavailable due to high bandwidth. In this case, the staff could not collect your poster in time and your hard work will unfortunately be skipped over unless it is rehosted. For a more reliable image hosting service, please use imgur, TinyPic, or ImageShack.

And finally, have fun!
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2016 Female Favorite: Inaba Himeko
2016 Male Favorite: Kanda Sorata
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Cards: smartboyhw's Cards

Re: ISML 2016 Divine Circlet Poster Contest submission

Postby IGNITE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:20 am

Spoiler for Hirasawa Yui:
Spoiler for Senjougahara Hitagi:
Spoiler for Sawamura Spencer Eriri:
Spoiler for Yuuki Mikan:
Last edited by IGNITE on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:36 am, edited 13 times in total.
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home."
IGNITE
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268
Cards: IGNITE's Cards

Postby Kiwigiwi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:54 am

smartboyhw wrote:7. Any ISML creative staff members (see here for the full list) are not eligible to participate to ensure that it is a work from the community.

Nande ;=;

Good luck to everyone submitting!!
Kiwi's life in a nutshell
Spoiler:
♫ Much love to my secret santa ♥
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Grouchy Mcgrouch
Melon Pan: 81
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: Food ;_;
Cards: Kiwigiwi's Cards

Postby miyaku2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:20 am

Spoiler for Eriri:

Edit: reuploaded
Last edited by miyaku2 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper and Hikari-chan for the amazing sigs&slivers:)
miyaku2
Bandit
Bandit

Melon Pan: 50
2016 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2016 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
Cards: miyaku2's Cards

Postby kukimunstir » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:55 pm

*Uploaded new one for Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!) & 3 more posters added
*reuploaded

Spoiler for Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!):

Spoiler for Yūki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru):

Spoiler for Senjōgahara Hitagi (Monogatari series):

Spoiler for Sawamura Spencer Eriri (Saenai Heroine no Sodakekata):
Last edited by kukimunstir on Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After all, to me, the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2016 Female Favorite: Kagura
2016 Male Favorite: Okita Sōgo
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve
Cards: kukimunstir's Cards

Postby Veon » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Spoiler for Eriri:

Spoiler for Yui:

Edit:
Spoiler for Senjou:

Spoiler for Mikan:
Last edited by Veon on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veon
Salamander
Salamander

Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2017 Female Favorite: Tōsaka Rin
2016 Female Favorite: Tōsaka Rin
Wish: Contract?
Cards: Veon's Cards

Postby XxPurple-CrystalxX » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:53 am

Spoiler for Yuuki Mikan:

Last edited by XxPurple-CrystalxX on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Much love to Grish and Kiwi for the sigs ♡

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Umi Umi Uuu~:
Image Image
Thanks to Hikarin for these beautiful siggies~ <33
XxPurple-CrystalxX
~Illusionist~
~Illusionist~

Badges:
Worships: 〈プリンセス〉, 〈ウィッチ〉, 〈シスター〉
Melon Pan: 108
2017 Female Favorite: Yatogami Tōka
2017 Male Favorite: Kageyama Tobio
2016 Male Favorite: Edogawa Conan
Wish: ⋆ Aaaaaaa to be animated and many A's. Last Game anime would be nice too ⋆
Cards: XxPurple-CrystalxX's Cards

Postby WankoMC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:33 am

Spoiler for Yuuki Mikan:

#DRUNKARD TEAM
Oh boi, when did I become so orange!?

Spoiler for Oirya? My funky little space!!:
ImageImage
Thank you, for every effort and love you two put in those sigs for us >:3
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]