International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

RESULTS: 2017 Emerald Necklace

Re: RESULTS: 2017 Emerald Necklace

Postby Kiwigiwi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:37 pm

捕捉兔咂 wrote:I have to tell you that we didn't cheat anyone. We didn't pay anyone to vote for him. We didn't buy any polls. We vote for Natsume because we love him. If you call it cheating because we asked friends to vote for him, I believe other people also asked friends to vote for the character they love. So did they cheat too? We voted for Natsume according to rules. We know that you don't allow the vpn or other cheating methods. Natsume didn't win a lot before because we didn't notice this competition. However, he is still very popular in China and Japan. Natsume deserves your respect. You can have questions but you can't insult the character we love.

I'm not sure how what Toady said is disrespecting Natsume or insulting him. All he said was thanks to the staff for taking care of cheaters. He didn't specifically say that your band of Natsume fans are cheaters. Even if it wasn't your group that specifically did the cheating, there is likely another group who used bad methods to increase his votes. Every character has their fair share of cheats; it's the staffs job to take care of them.
Merry Christmas, Tonakai-san!
Spoiler:
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Santa
Melon Pan: 81
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: Jingle bell! Jingle bell!
Cards: Kiwigiwi's Cards

Postby Homura » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:48 pm

Kiwigiwi wrote:
捕捉兔咂 wrote:I have to tell you that we didn't cheat anyone. We didn't pay anyone to vote for him. We didn't buy any polls. We vote for Natsume because we love him. If you call it cheating because we asked friends to vote for him, I believe other people also asked friends to vote for the character they love. So did they cheat too? We voted for Natsume according to rules. We know that you don't allow the vpn or other cheating methods. Natsume didn't win a lot before because we didn't notice this competition. However, he is still very popular in China and Japan. Natsume deserves your respect. You can have questions but you can't insult the character we love.

I'm not sure how what Toady said is disrespecting Natsume or insulting him. All he said was thanks to the staff for taking care of cheaters. He didn't specifically say that your band of Natsume fans are cheaters. Even if it wasn't your group that specifically did the cheating, there is likely another group who used bad methods to increase his votes. Every character has their fair share of cheats; it's the staffs job to take care of them.

Well Toady was saying there were paid votes for Natsume in the pendant match without referring to specific evidence. That's indeed not proper, people having campaigned cleanly for Natsume and not having heard there were paid votes can consider that a disrespect to their efforts, depending on how they view it.
Last edited by Homura on Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]

Melon Pan: 55
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2016 Female Favorite: Shana
2016 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
Cards: Homura's Cards

Postby diyuan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:54 pm

natsume could have won the voting, we don't accept the result !! :roll: :roll:
diyuan
Ninja cadet
Ninja cadet

Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
Cards:

Postby Toady » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 pm

I'm sorry for Natsume fans I may have offended and for making unmotivated assumptions. I just assumed from maglor's comment about the large amount of invalid votes and from previous accounts about paid votes from China that it was the same in this case. My apologies if this isn't the case. So yeah, as Homura said, I was wrong to assume there were paid votes for Natsume on the Pendant Match.
I know every faction is cheating to some degree anyway and if you do indeed play fairly, I wish you good luck for the rest of the competition :3

Homura > I don't ignore female voters, but the profile of female ISML voters is generally different than the profiles of female fans on Tumblr and other fujoshi meeting places :P
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi

Spoiler for Much stuff (but Chibaka has more):
Hikarin <3

Thank you Secret Santa :3
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]

Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2016 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2016 Male Favorite: Kaiki Deishū
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Cards: Toady's Cards

Postby 捕捉兔咂 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Kiwigiwi wrote:

This is what Today said "Anyway, I'm glad enough people anti-voted Natsume to counter all the valid paid votes that passed through." To me, it means that he doesn't believe there are so many people loving Natsume. He thinks that Natsume doesn't deserve people to love. He is saying that Natsume can win the competition before because he cheats all through. You also have the characters you love. Can you accept anyone talking about the characters you love like this way when you do nothing dishonest? Comparing with the result, I am more angry about the rumor about Natsume. Every time we voted, we counted for the polls and we can prove that we didn't cheat. Some of us are in communication with the administrators and I believe the administrators will make the fair judgment.
捕捉兔咂
Ninja
Ninja

2017 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2016 Female Favorite: Aihara Enju
2016 Male Favorite: Kamina
Wish: No
Cards:

Postby IGNITE » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Forum Guess: 6.5/8 (81.25%)
Spoiler for Surprises:
Image > Image Kochiya Sanae > Saigyouji Yuyuko

poll tied
Image > Image Fujiwara no Mokou > Inubashiri Momiji
Spoiler:
houreki 3
exec 1
kurogaga 1
Spoiler for Graphs:

Can somebody explain how the wildcard matches work, I thought it was IRV but why are there decimals?
"The dragon remembers."
IGNITE
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge

Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268
Cards: IGNITE's Cards

Postby shogun-Zaimokuza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:23 pm

so will the result change?it's really important to the coming matches and it will be none of my business no more.
great groups can modify the rule of game with evidences and my target character’s destiny is up to their second choices, but i won't think it's wrong if their work is proved.
shogun-Zaimokuza
Ninja
Ninja

2017 Female Favorite: Yuigahama Yui
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
2016 Female Favorite: Yuigahama Yui
2016 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: hachiman→Lapis Scepter
Cards:

Postby kurogaga » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:30 pm

I like both of them (both Natsume and Levi). But, I feel agree with you for Natsume being deserved as pendant on this period rather than Levi. And I hope Natsume will be win as the pendant on next match (I mean, Ruby).

maiya713 wrote:
kurogaga wrote:Maybe let the staff talked to you. I didn't own anything since I didn't part to staff.

Thank you.

No Problem :3
Spoiler for "Old Sig":
kurogaga
~Blood Hunter~
~Blood Hunter~

Melon Pan: 0
2017 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2017 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
2016 Female Favorite: Yukinoshita Yukino
2016 Male Favorite: Sora
Cards:

Postby Toady » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:35 pm

捕捉兔咂 wrote:To me, it means that he doesn't believe there are so many people loving Natsume. He thinks that Natsume doesn't deserve people to love.

I totally believe there are Natsume fans, I'm not that stupid. I indeed *think* there are a lot of Natsume fans cheating, but that doesn't mean I don't think you're loving this character. I mean, no matter if you're cheating or not, you need some dedication to get such a large amount of votes and MV.
捕捉兔咂 wrote:You also have the characters you love. Can you accept anyone talking about the characters you love like this way when you do nothing dishonest?

Well, if Nagato Yuki was doing a comeback in ISML I would be surprised lol. And if she ends up winning because of cheating and that I would know for sure people are cheating, it wouldn't feel like a deserved victory. Note I'm not saying you're cheating, but I would love to know where most of these multivotes come from. You're very naive if you think these 3000 votes you mentioned are all valid.
捕捉兔咂 wrote:Every time we voted, we counted for the polls and we can prove that we didn't cheat. Some of us are in communication with the administrators and I believe the administrators will make the fair judgment.

I totally trust the admins to do the best in every situation and I know vote counting is done very seriously. (Really, I feel like someone could do a Ph.D. on counting ISML votes lol).
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi

Spoiler for Much stuff (but Chibaka has more):
Hikarin <3

Thank you Secret Santa :3
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]

Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2016 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2016 Male Favorite: Kaiki Deishū
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Cards: Toady's Cards

Postby maglor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:36 pm

If that is the case, please give us some evidences to let us realize that we may have been too harsh in our attempt to crack down on multivoting and unethical activities. If we see that the evidence you give us is free of anything that suggest people voting more than once, and that admins and moderators have tried to convince people that it is "one person one vote", NOT something like "1 vote per IP/device" which was something people said in the previous years, then we will reassess the situation and perhaps count some of the votes we threw out.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2016 Female Favorite: Miyamori Aoi
2016 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.
Cards: maglor's Cards

Postby 捕捉兔咂 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:00 pm

maglor wrote:

If that is the case, please give us some evidences to let us realize that we may have been too harsh in our attempt to crack down on multivoting and unethical activities. If we see that the evidence you give us is free of anything that suggest people voting more than once, and that admins and moderators have tried to convince people that it is "one person one vote", NOT something like "1 vote per IP/device" which was something people said in the previous years, then we will reassess the situation and perhaps count some of the votes we threw out.

Someone says he is collecting the evidence and trying to communicate with the administrators. I am waiting for the result of communication, too.
捕捉兔咂
Ninja
Ninja

2017 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2016 Female Favorite: Aihara Enju
2016 Male Favorite: Kamina
Wish: No
Cards:

Postby maglor » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:03 pm

捕捉兔咂 wrote:
maglor wrote:

Someone says he is collecting the evidence and trying to communicate with the administrators. I am waiting for the result of communication, too.

Post the evidence here, please. If it is a link to a file storage, post the link here.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Hetaliafan09 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Congrats to Megumi and especially Levi! So glad to see him finally win something. As a female voter I greatly appreciate how ISML has changed and evolved to include characters of both sexes.
Hetaliafan09
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Worships: Monkey D. Luffy
2017 Female Favorite: C.C.
2017 Male Favorite: Monkey D. Luffy
2016 Female Favorite: C.C.
2016 Male Favorite: Monkey D. Luffy
Wish: Become a member of the Straw Hat crew.
Cards: Hetaliafan09's Cards

Postby Kordosa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 am

IGNITE wrote:Can somebody explain how the wildcard matches work, I thought it was IRV but why are there decimals?
The wildcard matches were using STV using the Droop quota method. I found the food example on the STV page helpful in understanding. It basically encourages voters to have multiple alternate choices in order for their votes to still make an impact on the results if their first choice failed.

What probably caused a lot of confusion for voters (and may have skewed the results) was the fact that the necklace round voting instructions detailing the different voting method for the wildcard arenas were not posted to the top of the voting page until after the voting period was already halfway over.

Spoiler for Quotes:
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Incubator
Incubator

Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
2016 Female Favorite: Kongō
2016 Male Favorite: Iskandar
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.
Cards: Kordosa's Cards

Postby maglor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:00 am

We need to receive screenshots and other evidences within 8 hours. Please organize your case in a manner that is easy to understand and count, in order to reach a timely resolution of this situation.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Keima » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 am

*Sees results for emerald. Sees Isla got eliminated. Kicks the world.*
Keima
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
2016 Female Favorite: Isla
2016 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.
Cards: Keima's Cards

Postby maiya713 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:39 pm

maglor wrote:We need to receive screenshots and other evidences within 8 hours. Please organize your case in a manner that is easy to understand and count, in order to reach a timely resolution of this situation.

Thank you. I have already sent the e-mail to [email protected], and also sent the same content to you.
maiya713
Kunoichi
Kunoichi

2017 Female Favorite: Sakura Chiyo
Cards:

Postby maglor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:44 pm

maiya713 wrote:
maglor wrote:We need to receive screenshots and other evidences within 8 hours. Please organize your case in a manner that is easy to understand and count, in order to reach a timely resolution of this situation.

Thank you. I have already sent the e-mail to [email protected], and also sent the same content to you.

We have reviewed and investigated the evidence you have sent us. However, a limited number of low resolution screenshots cannot satisfactorily back up your claim of having so many people voted. We also have counterclaims that accuse you of fabricating evidence, as well as having bad history with another saimoe tournament.

The list of accusations are

1. Fabricating Chat records
    2. Photoshoping of the screenshots
    3. Members creating Multiple QQ accounts
    4. Engaging in "financial transaction through Wechat transfer, Alipay transfer, QQ red packet, and charge in QQ group to buy accounts for voting and seduce more people to vote for Natsume Takashi" throughout Bilibilimoe and other events.
    5. " register different accounts to add votes so as to win the contest. The task for each group member is to buy 1 thousand accounts (average number) used specifically to add unfair votes." to the degree of "The group leader has admitted that the accounts with nicknames such as kmy were registered for the purpose of adding unfair votes."

And more. We have independently investigated these accusations and found some of them to be true.

Given the lack of conclusivity of your claims, we reject the recount request.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Brean2010 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:47 pm

This decision is a good news for ISML.
Brean2010
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki

2017 Female Favorite: Rem
2017 Male Favorite: Emiya Kiritsugu
Wish: ISML improves its vote system.
Cards:

Postby IGNITE » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Kordosa wrote:
IGNITE wrote:Can somebody explain how the wildcard matches work, I thought it was IRV but why are there decimals?
The wildcard matches were using STV using the Droop quota method. I found the food example on the STV page helpful in understanding. It basically encourages voters to have multiple alternate choices in order for their votes to still make an impact on the results if their first choice failed.

What probably caused a lot of confusion for voters (and may have skewed the results) was the fact that the necklace round voting instructions detailing the different voting method for the wildcard arenas were not posted to the top of the voting page until after the voting period was already halfway over.

I see, thank you. The voting started at 9 from here so I voted as soon as I was able to and missed the instructions.
"The dragon remembers."
IGNITE
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge

Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268
Cards: IGNITE's Cards

PreviousNext

Return to Emerald