International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

ISML 2012 Auto Prelim Entries

The news blog has official ISML News. This forum is for additional news or news from other parts of the ISML Community.

ISML 2012 Auto Prelim Entries

Postby chaosprophet » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 pm

The rules regarding auto entries for ISML 2012 is as follows:

I. Automatic Qualification
    A. No characters are permitted to advance directly to the Regular Season tournament.
    B. Pending eligibility as defined in Article III of the ISML Constitution, the following characters will become Candidates and will be awarded automatic entry into the Preliminary Period for Nova Division:
      1. The top 12 Contestants from ISML 2011 Regular Season that would be eligible to the Nova Division
    C. Pending eligibility as defined in Article III of the ISML Constitution, the following characters will become Candidates and will be awarded automatic entry into the Preliminary Period for Stella Division:
      1. The top 12 Contestants from ISML 2011 Regular Season that would be eligible to the Stella Division

Dividing Regular Season Contestants into Eligible to Nova 2012 and Eligible to Stella 2012:

The Characters highlighted with green are awarded automatic entry into the Preliminary Period for Nova Division.
Spoiler for Nova auto text:
Iwasawa Asami @ Angel Beats!
Nakamura Yuri @ Angel Beats!
Tachibana Kanade @ Angel Beats!
Yui @ Angel Beats!
Kuroi Mato @ Black★Rock Shooter
Victorique de Blois @ GOSICK
Charlotte Dunois @ IS <Infinite Stratos>
Eucliwood Hellscythe @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Haruna @ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Aragaki Ayase @ Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) @ Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Kōsaka Kirino @ Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

The Characters highlighted with blue are awarded automatic entry into the Preliminary Period for Stella Division.
Spoiler for Stella auto text:
Sengoku Nadeko @ Bakemonogatari
Senjōgahara Hitagi @ Bakemonogatari
Saber @ Fate/stay night
Katsura Hinagiku @ Hayate no Gotoku!
Akiyama Mio @ K-ON!
Hirasawa Yui @ K-ON!
Nakano Azusa @ K-ON!
Shana @ Shakugan no Shana
Nagato Yuki @ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu
Suzumiya Haruhi @ Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu
Misaka Mikoto @ Toaru Majutsu no Index
Aisaka Taiga @ Toradora!
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami

Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Lollipops: 276
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Re: ISML 2012 Auto Prelim Entries

Postby xcrossfacekillahx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:21 am

Yay for Sora not making the cut
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Worships: Rosario Cross
Lollipops: 8924
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Postby Momento10 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:41 am

Looks like I have to re-nominate my Clannad girls, Kagami, Holo, and Fate if I want to see them again.
Momento10
Soul gem
Soul gem

Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Lollipops: 10735
2014 Nova Favorite: Yukinoshita Yukino
2014 Stella Favorite: Nakano Azusa
Wish: ISML & AST- A new face for the champion.
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.
KBM - to revive

Postby Bastion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:57 am

Nominations needed for Nagi and the other girls of HnG that qualify. Glad that Saber isn't going to have to push for nominations, unsure how I feel about three K-On girls on the auto-qualifiers list, even if it is for Stella.
Wonder if the last season of Zero is going to give enough strength to allow Louise to enter even the prelims now
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img][img]http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Bastion_Arcion/Azusa2011.jpg[/img]
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.

HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.

ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.

With great power comes great responsibility

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?

MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.

Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.

Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.

Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.

The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Bastion
Incubator
Incubator

Lollipops: 4600
2014 Nova Favorite: Aoyama Nanami
2014 Stella Favorite: Katsura Hinagiku
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Postby hinakatbklyn » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Hmmm... 4 or 5 with more wins than losses are not elligible for the stella division (no more room). OK, I guess.

Then there's 4 with more losses than wins but are elligible for the Nova division (there's still room available). I was never a fan of losing records getting an automatic entry. (I'm already thinking of a worse case scenario that could occur during the 2012 nomination period)
hinakatbklyn
Shinigami
Shinigami

Lollipops: 3864

Postby shiraoky » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:16 am

Aw, Clannad girls didn't make the cut. Looks like I have to renominate them. lol, Iwasawa is automatically in Prelims huh? I dont think she'll do too well, but no worries.
at least sora isnt there.
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
shiraoky
[Titan]
[Titan]

Worships: Matsuoka Riiinnn~<3
Lollipops: 1687
2014 Nova Favorite: Shirakiin Ririchiyo
2014 Stella Favorite: Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Postby Eclairs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:43 am

I guess i'll have nominate both Nagi and Louise, Horo, some HnG girls, SNI girls and Raildex girls for Stella division. As for Nova girls MadoxMagi girls, gasai Yuno and some other girls.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.

"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami

Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Lollipops: 8188
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Postby JLoable91 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:50 am

Ayase, Iwasawa and Haruna are not going to make it either way...
Spoiler for Jerro's Swan Song:
You know what. That thing!
JLoable91
Trivia Master
Trivia Master

Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Lollipops: 4038
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Postby RegalStar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:49 am

No exhibition characters?

EDIT: Also, Kuroi still qualifies with her 45 minutes OVA?
RegalStar
State alchemist
State alchemist

Worships: Keima Katsuragi
Lollipops: 9753
2014 Stella Favorite: Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)
Wish: Miracles

Postby Sedon » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:34 pm

I would like to see C.C. and Holo participating again next year so I guess I should nominate them as well.. ^^; same goes for Shiina and Seraphim

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆

Spoiler for Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomu:
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Sedon
Trivia Master
Trivia Master

Worships: C.C.
Lollipops: 460
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Postby HeartClover » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:01 am

Sigh, Clannad. At least Victorique made the cut.
Thanks to Hikarin, Emjay, and Arctic for the sigs~
Spoiler for More Supports:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Lollipops: 5060
Wish: happiness

Postby ngkachun1982 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:19 am

Is "automatic entry into the Preliminary Period" means that we need not to nominate those characters as they had qualified to preliminary period already?
ngkachun1982
Ninja
Ninja

Postby HeartClover » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:59 am

^ Yes.

And I'd also like to ask about the auto qualification rules and exhibition. I think it was mentioned somewhere (the thread about the new format?) that characters could get into prelims with their performances in exhibition matches. Is that still happening? If it is still happening, is there a list for those characters?
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Postby niwa87 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 am

Nagi not in? :evil:
Excuse my lousy English...
"For Sagara's sake, it's okay, even if I have to die..." - Nina (Lasboss x Hero)
niwa87
Teleporter
Teleporter

Lollipops: 910
2014 Nova Favorite: Itsuka Kotori
2014 Stella Favorite: Eucliwood Hellscythe
Wish: My wishes come true...

Postby Eater-of-All » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:52 pm

HeartClover wrote:^ Yes.

And I'd also like to ask about the auto qualification rules and exhibition. I think it was mentioned somewhere (the thread about the new format?) that characters could get into prelims with their performances in exhibition matches. Is that still happening? If it is still happening, is there a list for those characters?

Nope, not to my knowledge. You might have been recalling Sacket's suggestions, that's all. The auto-prelim rules here should be very much final.
Your momma's so fat, when she sat on a binary tree it was crushed into a linked list
Eater-of-All
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Lollipops: 2740

Postby HeartClover » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:17 am

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying. My bad ^^;
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Postby Kordosa » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 am

I can't say that I like the fact that four of the Nova auto-qualifiers didn't even make the regular season's top 25... It says to me that they get in not because of their performance, but because there were fewer Nova contestants this year. It probably won't matter anyway since I'm sure nominees from the summer and fall 2011 series will be more popular. Besides which, this problem probably won't occur next year, since the two divisions will be separate from the start (and hopefully the contestants will be more balanced between the two divisions).

#EmeraldForAzu-nyan#Azu-CatAlliance
Spoiler for Quotes:
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Kordosa
Featured Writer
Featured Writer

Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Lollipops: 7565
2014 Nova Favorite: Yatogami Tōka
2014 Stella Favorite: Nakano Azusa
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Postby Bastion » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 am

Kordosa wrote:I can't say that I like the fact that four of the Nova auto-qualifiers didn't even make the regular season's top 25... It says to me that they get in not because of their performance, but because there were fewer Nova contestants this year. It probably won't matter anyway since I'm sure nominees from the summer and fall 2011 series will be more popular. Besides which, this problem probably won't occur next year, since the two divisions will be separate from the start (and hopefully the contestants will be more balanced between the two divisions).

I agree, and would go so far as to say that there should be a cut-off point number to stop auto-qualifying at, since it's probable that lower-rankers will be eliminated by fresher faces, but it does mean that there'll be fewer contenders to work against them. If they still get enough nominations to support their inclusion, it's ok, but automatic qualifying for the prelims simply because they were here?

Maybe an auto-qualifying mini-match during the gap between the nomination and prelims?
Mayhap take the bottom four or five Novas out (of pre-qualification) and give the extra pre-nominations to Stella, since those won't be added to and the lists are disproportinately lengthy.

But it does seem like it would work out better for following years.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img][img]http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Bastion_Arcion/Azusa2011.jpg[/img]
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.

HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.

ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.

With great power comes great responsibility

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?

MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.

Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.

Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.

Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.

The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Bastion
Incubator
Incubator

Lollipops: 4600
2014 Stella Favorite: Katsura Hinagiku
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Postby chaosprophet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 am

Next year we will likely have some lower ranked nova getting in again. That's because while almost every Stella character would still be Stella the next year, many Nova characters may be the Stella of the following year (ones that were already at their second year since being Nova).
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami

Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Postby Demi. » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:49 am

Stella division is infinitely tougher than the Nova division.

It basically goes Kanade >>> Kuroneko >> Eucliwood (Yui/Yuri??) >>>>>>>>>>>>rapedrapedrapedrapedrapedraped.
Meanwhile, the stella division has a ton of top tier charcters in it. Seems like a poor choice of dividing. And there will be very few new characters this year who are stronger than Hirasawa Yui. Maybeee Homura and Sena...None are likely to reach Haruhi level strength, and she's still only ranked 10th in the Stella division.

Asami and Yui being in the same rank on different divisions is kind of a joke. Considering Asami was 26ranks lower than Yui during the regular season. That's a massive difference in strength.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Next

Return to Community News