International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

Votes and Reporting

Votes and Reporting

Postby maglor » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Due to our inexperience in dealing with Emerald Necklace issue, we have made the situation into one where no one can trust another. We regret this has happened, but we can't dwell on this forever. Therefore, we will proceed to the Ruby period with Emerald Necklace unchanged, as it still is a result we feel to be most likely to be correct, but we also want to implement measures to give peoples of large fan clubs and internet community a better say in the future results.

This thread is made for several reasons. The primary reason is for large internet communities to let us know what is happening within them, so we won't get blindsided and go through these inefficient challenge and checks. Had we gotten good confirmation of large scale voting drive for certain characters early on during the voting period, we would have become slightly more trusting of the votes we saw. The level of the trust is very important. To increase the level of trust between everyone, I would like to ask people all over the internet to give us periodic "snapshots" of what is happening in internet communities they visit. A workable schedule is for a large internet community to give us some collection of their data and evidences for their data, every 6 to 8 hours during the voting. Such "real-time" data will really help everyone trust each other.

The most preferred form of data and evidence submission is by siteamail to I. Due to potential privacy issue, we won't be able to reveal them to public. Make sure your submission is in form easy to understand, as I may get dozens of these every match, thus won't have adequate time to understand them all if some of them are presented in a way hard for me to understand.

A key thing to remember is that what we hope to know the most is small time scale changes in voting behavior. We have years of data thus we know well the large scale situation and long term trends. What always troubles us are the short-term changes. Your vote reporting will help us better understand the changes that is current.

I encourage independent reporting, as submission by more than two independent people who are not collaborating with each other will help us believe the "evidence" more. If you are member of large internet community that wishes to submit these data periodically, have more than one person(group) gather and submit the data, and let the people/ groups not communicate with each other during the data gathering and submission. Independent verification is very important.

There is a secondary reason for the this thread. Another thing someone can do is report cases of fraud, multivoting, bribery, or other unethical behaviors. We can't look everywhere, thus we rely on you to report things we missed. However, I take the possibility of false accusation seriously, thus will be very skeptical of accusation which cannot be verifiable by independent parties. I may ask the accused for a rebuttal against accusation. When I do so, I will do my best to conceal the identity of the accuser.

While I have no idea how active this can become, I can imagine having almost no activity except for once in a year or two, or be constantly bombarded by accusations, counter-accusations, "evidences", and "claims". Think carefully about how you will present your post. If it is excessively long or messy, we may be forced to ignore it. We also won't tolerate profanity nor immature behaviors. Be careful of how you present your post as you might ruin a valid case by throwing a "internet tantrum".

Finally, if you have some long term suggestion about ISML in general, I recommend using other threads or making a separate thread for it. Let's keep the focus of this thread on Votes and Reporting.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2016 Female Favorite: Miyamori Aoi
2016 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.
Cards: maglor's Cards

Re: Votes and Reporting

Postby maglor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:02 am

At this point, I have not received any claims, data, nor accusation. Thus, barring extraordinary circumstances and situation that can be verified by multiple independent third-parties, I will not be accepting any screenshots, data, claims, nor accusations about what has happened in or before first 6 hours of voting for Ruby round 1.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:07 am

It is past 12 hours from voting, and still no data sent. Thus, barring extraordinary circumstances and situation that can be verified by multiple independent third-parties, I will not be accepting any screenshots, data, claims, nor accusations about what has happened in or before first 8 hours of voting for Ruby round 1.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:04 pm

It is past 20 hours from the start of voting for Ruby round 2, and I have not received any data nor claims. Thus, barring extraordinary circumstances and situation that can be verified by multiple independent third-parties, I will not be accepting any screenshots, data, claims, nor accusations about what has happened in or before first 12 hours of voting for Ruby round 2.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 am

More than 8 hours has past since end of the voting, and no one gave us any data. Therefore, if anyone wants us to take a look at something, they must tell us how to look at it, instead of collecting the information themselves. For example, instead of giving us the saved screenshots, they have to give us the links to let us see the screenshots ourselves.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:33 pm

More than 1 hours has past since end of the voting for Ruby 3, and no one gave us any data. Thus, barring extraordinary circumstances and situation that can be verified by multiple independent third-parties, I will not be accepting any screenshots, data, claims, nor accusations about what has happened in or before first 17 hours of voting for Ruby round 3.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

I must say I am very serious about this real time self reporting. Today, there is a large group of votes I am very curious about. If no one self reports about these, or allow our observers to see it unfolding within your websites, I can't help be extremely skeptical of these votes. Whoever you are, you got 8 hours to either self report or invite our observer(s).
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Brean2010 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Hello,

To give an idea for the different communities. What you consider is a "large amount of votes"?
Brean2010
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki

Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Rem
2017 Male Favorite: Emiya Kiritsugu
Wish: ISML improves its vote system.
Cards:

Postby maglor » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Brean2010 wrote:Hello,

To give an idea for the different communities. What you consider is a "large amount of votes"?

More than 300.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 pm

It now is 21 hours after the start of voting for Ruby 5. I have some observations from observers. Except for extraordinary circumstances and situation that can be verified by multiple independent third-parties, I will not be accepting any more screenshots, data, claims, nor accusations about what has happened in or before first 13 hours of voting for Ruby round 5, unless it comes from our observers.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:56 am

The results are now out. Any screenshots or claims must now be verifiable by multiple independent observers, or be collected by our staff members
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby remwifeforever » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:48 pm

Dear ISML staffs,

First, thank you for your efforts on analyzing the results.

We have seen the result of Ruby 5 and felt really upset about Rem losing. We are not so convinced about the result. As a member of Chinese Rem fan club, I here ask for a recount of the votes. We have gathered all the screenshots we can get and sent an email to [email protected].

We want to clarify that all of our votes obey the “one person one vote” rule. During our campaign, we also address this multiple times. All of the screenshots are not being edited by PS or any other software. Hope you guys can recheck these votes and make sure they are accounted.

Thank you
remwifeforever
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Worships: Rem
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Rem
Wish: RemBestGirl
Cards:

Postby maglor » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 am

remwifeforever wrote:Dear ISML staffs,

We have seen the result of Ruby 5 and felt really upset about Rem losing. We are not so convinced about the result. As a member of Chinese Rem fan club, I here ask for a recount of the votes. We have gathered all the screenshots we can get and sent an email to [email protected].

We want to clarify that all of our votes obey the “one person one vote” rule. During our campaign, we also address this multiple times. All of the screenshots are not being edited by PS or any other software. Hope you guys can recheck these votes and make sure they are accounted.

Thank you

We are still sorting through piles of data. The announcement is delayed, but we will try our best to reach a conclusion by the time Ruby 6 results are ready.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Multiple reports for today received. More work.....

Very appropriate song....
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 am

maglor wrote:
remwifeforever wrote:Dear ISML staffs,

Thank you

We are still sorting through piles of data. The announcement is delayed, but we will try our best to reach a conclusion by the time Ruby 6 results are ready.

We had deluge of conflicting information and accusations. After hours of toil, we feel that no one side of the claim is sufficiently stronger compared to the other side in order to change or not change the result. Therefore, the ruling we made about Ruby 5 will remain as we had already called. We will not discard the information and claims made, and will endeavor to make as good use of it in the future to uncover and foil future attempts of misdeeds.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Return to Ruby