International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

4th Holy Grail War (End)

Are you bored waiting for results or that next match day? Start or play a game here! Note that your post count will not increase in this forum.

Re: 4th Holy Grail War (End)

Postby Rupy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:22 am

This is the most unpleasant victory I ever had in this kind of games. Not fun.
Rupy
~Grand Magus~
~Grand Magus~

Worships: Holo
Melon Pan: 238
2016 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2016 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
Cards: Rupy's Cards

Postby ezethan97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:00 am

I agree. Screenshots ruin the point of the game. You're supposed to figure out who's who through your actions and their actions, not by how quickly they can send you a screenshot proving their identity. Also, I would be willing to host the next game if no one else wants too. How would y'all feel about classes having 2 abilities but only being able to use one per turn?
ezethan97
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Worships: Megumin
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
Cards:

Postby WankoMC » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 am

Welp, guess it was fun while it lasted.
Most likely wont join the next game unless something picks up my interest again.
#DRUNKARD TEAM
Please ignore my random pasta~
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Wanko~
Melon Pan: 376
2017 Female Favorite: Watanabe Yō
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
2016 Female Favorite: Hiiragi Shinoa
2016 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Pastaaaa~
Cards: WoodyMC's Cards

Postby houreki » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:36 am

Welp i agree screenshots shouldn't be part of the game, as well as dead people sending pm to everyone. I guess I will not be joining next game.

Spoiler:
ImageImage
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2016 Female Favorite: Sakagami Tomoyo
2016 Male Favorite: Hijikata Toshirō
Cards: houreki's Cards

Postby Momo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:28 am

nani? Why you make mai Chibaka crie for? D: /slaps with medium-sized potato

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥
Cards: Momo's Cards

Postby Reverend » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:40 pm

The screenshot: I need to apologize to Corni.
The thing is: I hate screenshot as well. I wouldn't have done it if I wasn't being nagged me so much. And even after that I still didn't believe you guys.
Screenshot is like an ugly girl does plastic all over her face then becomes every male's most wanted waifu. Unfair? It is, because not every ugly people have access to plastic operation. But the girl being born ugly is also unfair to her. And the girl being born with enough money to do so is also unfair. It is so randomly unfair, it's balanced. That's how the world runs.

But in the end it was my call, so I will apologize if any of my teammates (not just Corni) feel annoyed, anyway.

But I do believe that screenshots are part of these games. It has been done, so many times.
Putting Secret Hitler as an example is stupid: it's a failed online multiplayer game! Secret Hitler. It never got more than 50-60 people playing it at once. Now barely half of it even visit the server. And don't even ask how many even still play it real life. (btw will anyone play with me? :()
And werewolf... dude you don't know the world! It has been done, so many times.
Even worse actually: people fake that other people PM them so that that other people get banned. It's nothing if the said people is (well, are) only banned from the game. I've seen cases where it ended up the person is banned from the forum.
This is why I am so against banning PM and screenshots. The main problem wouldn't be making sure the law is upheld, but how to tell if someone is framed or not, and who's the liar(s)? (And the world... usually they just dismiss it, or follow the general opinion bcs of "democracy". RIP, really.)
That's why I always say that in multiplayer forum games like this, the players'... adult attitude is required. Keep your saltiness to yourself, please.

As for GM PM: hey I don't ask for anything spoiler
I only ask of how the game is supposed to be run, especially with abilities. Since the description aren't enough detailed. (You think why I took effort to write that ability priority list last game? That thing is the math! Well... though I don't think anyone even read that.)
but at least I have my rights to ask how abilities are run, haven't I?
Why you become salty because of that? If you think that's not my right, you could have just ignored me like you did.
Why end the game prematurely, too?

I have an idea for a new game, but for now it's still just an idea. No idea whether I will finish it or not, though. Uni's in 3 weeks, also I need to get a job as a prequisite for graduation, also I hate life I rather sleep and hope I don't wake up.

ps.:btw I was already dead, so I can't be killed again.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
2017 Female Favorite: Hoshino Yumemi
Wish: - the continuation of Rune Factory project
- to die, ASAP preferably
Cards: Reverend's Cards

Postby Chibasa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:13 pm

I'm not salty that you asked me questions, I welcomed everyone questions (while game was not doomed yet).

I'm salty some people asked me a lot of questions, for every move they were doing, even if PM were authorized AND THEN choose to not ask me for using screenshot, like it was obvious it was authorized (my suspicion is that they knew what would be my answer), while they read my opinion about it in PM after first game, in group PM during first game, in forum thread after first game and maybe more.

You were not alone asking for screenshots or giving some. That part wasn't especially for you.

Spoiler for "much more stuff than Toady":

ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best

After facing the rain, you'll become an even cuter rainbow !Keep believe in yourself. <3
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]

Badges:
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2017 Female Favorite: Kasumigaoka Utaha
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2016 Female Favorite: Tokisaki Kurumi
2016 Male Favorite: Kyon
Wish: Not disappointing the ones I love.
Successful ISML 2017. Humans living in harmony.
Cards: Chibasa's Cards

Postby Homura » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:06 pm

There were two things that were bugging me during the game. The first thing was I'm the person who upgraded the screenshot method, but unfortunately I couldn't be the middle man of my team and ask for screenshots myself since my identity was not 100% clear in the early game, and that led Revvie to be the person asking for screenshots from people, which was something that Revvie didn't like at all, and it further created unnecessary drama for him. My sincere apology to Revvie. Also my thanks for agreeing to do something you don't like. The second thing was when one of my teammates didn't have time for the game, I never asked for his feelings but constantly told him to do what I think he should do. My terrible arrogance, but I indeed wanted to win this 6 vs. 6 game badly.

As for screenshots, I described it to Revvie as a Pandora's Box that might spoil the whole game. I agree it is a lame thing regarding so-called normal standard, but do I like it? Absolutely yes. The enhanced method is simple and effective under a practical view. Moreover, screenshots are not forced. You can always say no to it. Some may think I'm so selfish to say that. Yah I agree, but then what? Everyone is selfish to certain extents. I may be more selfish here, but may be less selfish in places you don't see. In the end, people are not that different. Feel free to blame me tho, I'm always open for complaints.

As for the sudden ending, I can accept it, but also sad. The amusement ceased all of a sudden, and the climax was around the corner. Woody gave me some trauma yesterday and made the game unprecedented fun. I even didn't sleep well lol But when I woke up, the game was already put to an end, and none of my/our puzzles were solved. So Woody my No.1 puzzle, yesterday did you intentionally PM Rupy that message, so he could inform that to me and then trick me to waste my ability that round, and you were actually gonna kill someone else on my team instead? lol
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]

Melon Pan: 55
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2016 Female Favorite: Shana
2016 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
Cards: Homura's Cards

Postby WankoMC » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 pm

@Homura: Yes, it was indeed a trap I set for you. The target for round 3 was Houreki, and we're gonna go for you in round 5. This way, even when you figured out my move and held off from using your ability in round 3, there's still a good chance you can be careless and use it in round 4. At least that was my calculation.

I set some misleads here and there to black team as well, but by the time I see votes at the end of round 2 I knew you guys already figured all your teammate so they're useless lulz. We were wiped out by too many in first round.
#DRUNKARD TEAM
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]

Badges:
ImageImage
2016 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Pastaaaa~
Cards: WoodyMC's Cards

Postby Homura » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Lol that's a nice one, I didn't cancel the usage of my ability until like 20 min before the voting closed. And, Momo or ezethan, who was your Shielder? I actually have one more question for you, I just never found a good chance to ask you. I was twice in trauma in the HGW game, and the first time was also because of you. Back to game 1 held by Rail, you got your Lancer identity revealed in round 1, and in round 2 I was the Assassin of your opposing team. Did you eventually use your ability in round 2? I was thinking in loops at that time lol and eventually I thought you more likely wouldn't use it, so decided to assassinate you. But oh well, at the end Kiwi just sealed you no matter what (at that time I didn't know we had an Archer), so my thinking turned out to be in vain...
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]

Postby Homura » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Chibasa wrote:I'm salty some people asked me a lot of questions, for every move they were doing, even if PM were authorized AND THEN choose to not ask me for using screenshot, like it was obvious it was authorized (my suspicion is that they knew what would be my answer)

I know you weren't talking about me. But very likely people will think I was one of the some, so allow me to do a little clarification here. I never contacted you except votings and that one question regarding the wording of Ruler's ability.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]

Postby ezethan97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:09 pm

@Homura I was saber so that means Momo was shielder. Although we never knew that because Momo never contacted us. We knew he was either shielder or saver because Woody knew what roles were in play due to him being caster. So who was the saver on your team? Also will you be playing the next game?
ezethan97
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Cards:

Postby Homura » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:15 pm

ezethan97 wrote:@Homura I was saber so that means Momo was shielder. Although we never knew that because Momo never contacted us. We knew he was either shielder or saber because Woody knew what roles were in play due to him being caster. So who was the saber on your team? Also will you be playing the next game?

Thanks for the info. If you really want to hold a game and need players, I can still play.

EDIT: We had no Saber. houreki was Saver, Rupy was Ruler.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]

Postby ezethan97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Yeah that was a typo. I meant saver.
ezethan97
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Cards:

Postby Momo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:22 am

Momo never contacted anyone because Momo trusted no one's teams because of the inclusion of the Faker. It wasn't until after Night 2 that Momo realised that if the Faker gotta fake fake fake fake fake then it would be announced and thus concluded that the alleged Red members in Night 1 were actually Red. Also Momo is afk a lot because Momo is lame and has a day job.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥
Cards: Momo's Cards

Postby WankoMC » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Homura wrote:Lol that's a nice one, I didn't cancel the usage of my ability until like 20 min before the voting closed. And, Momo or ezethan, who was your Shielder? I actually have one more question for you, I just never found a good chance to ask you. I was twice in trauma in the HGW game, and the first time was also because of you. Back to game 1 held by Rail, you got your Lancer identity revealed in round 1, and in round 2 I was the Assassin of your opposing team. Did you eventually use your ability in round 2? I was thinking in loops at that time lol and eventually I thought you more likely wouldn't use it, so decided to assassinate you. But oh well, at the end Kiwi just sealed you no matter what (at that time I didn't know we had an Archer), so my thinking turned out to be in vain...

Oh the answer is neither of them. I used my ability in the very first round already, so I was still on CD at that time you're torturing yourself xD
Spoiler for Why I did it:
I expected people in this game to hesitate when they first see a lancer, but random kill can still strike me down at anytime. Thus I decided to just maximize the turns I can use my ability. Even if my identity is leaked while I'm still on CD, there's still a pretty good chance they would hold off until exactly when my CD is over again. Basically I left the thinking part to whoever decides to kill me~
#DRUNKARD TEAM
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]

Badges:
ImageImage