International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

5th Holy Grail War (1st Draft)

Are you bored waiting for results or that next match day? Start or play a game here! Note that your post count will not increase in this forum.

What should we do about screenshots?

Always allow them.
No votes
Allow them for now until they get out of hand.
No votes
Completely ban them.
100%

Total votes : 4

5th Holy Grail War (1st Draft)

Postby ezethan97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 pm

I decided to try to host a Holy Grail War. The main change is that many passive abilities have changed into active abilities with no cooldown. Feedback would be appreciated. Also I added a poll about what to do about screenshots. The method I posted in the rules is just what I think we should do and I'm willing to change it.

Rules:
Players will be divided into two teams: Red and Black. Under normal circumstances, the players will not be told who their allies are.

Each team member will receive a class at random. Each class has a different ability, listed below. Classes can appear many times in the game.

Players may only use one active ability per turn, and any abilities with no announced cooldown that are not one-time use have no cooldown. If the player does not ask to use an ability I will assume they use ability one if it is not a passive. (Passives are always in effect).

The goal of the game is to kill all players of the opposing team. This will occur as follows: at each voting round, all players still alive are to PM GM with the name of a player they wish to vote off. GM will PM the two Assassins of the top 3 of the result of the voting and the number of votes they get, but both Assassin(s) may only choose to kill one of the top two people. Note that because players do not know their teammates, the killed off player may be a team member. For this reason, Assassin may elect to take no action if he/she does not trust the vote.

Note that Assassin is a bonus role assigned to a player in addition to a normal class role.

Each voting round normally lasts 24 hours, counted from GM's notification post regarding the start of the round. In a voting round, players may elect who they hope to kill & use their abilities if available, which will take effect in the following round unless stated otherwise. In the case of tardiness, the GM may elect to include or not include the late vote/change of vote. The GM will notify should he/she decides to end a voting round & discard a vote/change of vote due to tardiness.

The rounds will be followed by an intermediate Assassin Phase, where the Assassins choose their targets. GM will also re-confirm each Assassins' choice before closing the phase. In the case of slow PM/no PM, GM has the right to assume that the person in question is abstain. (But please do reply if you choose not to kill. Don't drag out the game.)

Also, try to keep screenshots to a minimum. I won't ban them for now, but please don't use them as the main way to figure out players' identities. However, if it gets out of hand, I will ban them.

The classes and their respective ability are as follows:
Saber - Passive: This player starts the game with two lives.
Active: As long as Saber has two lives and has not yet been identified by Ruler or Caster, Saber may choose to reveal his/her identity to everyone and sacrifice one life to reveal the identity of a random enemy. The enemy's identity will be sent to Saber via PM.

Archer - Active 1: This player may cast two votes.
Active 2: Each round, Archer may PM me the name of a player. The declared player has his/her active ability(s) sealed for the current round. Announced.

Lancer - Passive: If Lancer successfully used his ability, he automatically buries corpse and learns his wanna-be-assassin full identity.
Active: This player has the option to PM me with the following message: "I think I will be killed." If this prediction is correct, his assailant is killed instead. 2 rounds cooldown (1 if successful). Lancer's ability will not be announced when used successfully but will be announced if unsuccessful.

Rider - Active 1: If this player has a plurality of the vote, his vote count will be reduced by 50% (rounded up). These votes are redistributed to the second and third place players, In the case of an odd number, the third player will get the extra 1 vote.
Active 2: Rider will dodge the very first ability cast upon him/her during the turn. Berserker active & Assassination excluded. Announced. One time use

Caster - Active 1: Caster gets to know what roles are currently in play (all alive roles).
Active 2: Caster reveals himself to everyone. In exchange, he'll reveal who were assassins (player+team, not role) last round. (Can't be cast round 1) One time use.

Berserker - Active 1: If Berserker is killed, the killer is also killed. This occurs regardless of who kills Berserker. This ability can be used as much as you want until you kill someone with it.
Active 2: Berserker may choose to willingly reveal his/her identity to the public (assuming he has not already been revealed). In this case, the field becomes "frozen with fear": all votes in the current round are discarded, and Assassins will get a free choice of who to kill.

Ruler - Active 1: Ruler learns role (not team) from top voted player.
Active 2: This player has the option to PM GM with the name of a player. That player's allegiance is then revealed to everyone. 2 rounds cooldown.

Shielder - Passive: If Shielder successfully saved someone, he learns his role (not his team).
Active: Once a round, Shielder can choose a player. If that player was targeted by Assassin, that player will not die. This occurs even if that player was targeted by Shielder's own Assassin. Shielder may not defend him/herself. Shielder can use his ability only once/player. Announced if successful.
Extra comment: (Shielded player learn he was shielded even if it's missed)

Avenger - Passive: At the start of the game, Avenger can choose a player, if this player is killed, Avenger will automatically kill a second player. Avenger can choose his second player at start of the game too, however... (Kill Announced)
Active: Each round, Avenger can change his second player selection. Not announced
Extra comment: (First player learn he'll be avenged if he dies)

Saver - Active 1: Give a revived player (not necessarily the one you revived) his memories back and he learns his assassin full identity.
Active 2: Once in a game, Saver may revive a player of his/her choice. Reviving is complicated spell and need a full day to be cast. The revive will be announced during night recap when the cast starts and may be interrupted by Saver death, or if she's sealed. Cooldown is refreshed, but once/game ability already used aren't refund.

Faker - Active 1: This player has a fake identity from opposing team unused classes for the current turn. The role given will always be the same per Faker no matter how many times ability is used. If Faker dies while using this ability, he will be revealed as the dummy role. Guaranteed at least one/game.
Active: Once a game, Faker can display a fake information in night recap. Announced.

Watcher - Passive: Can see vote results (not all, like assassins).
Active: Once a game, Watcher can see if top 2 in vote results are "Safe to kill" or not. (Not safe means player is protected by a shield, a lancer ability is activated, this player will be avenged or this player is Berserker or many of those possibilities at the same time.) Announced. Watcher will only see whether they are safe to kill or not, not why they are not safe.
Extra Comment: Watcher needs to activate his ability before seeing vote results, however.

Assassin (Bonus class) - EACH round, GM will randomize who will get the role. Each team is guaranteed an Assassin.
Passive: Can kill someone from top 2 votes.
Active: Can dig a hole and bury the corpse. This way, he's only one to know his victim role/team, other players still know the name of the victim. Announced.

Priorities: Rider Dodge > Archer Seal > Berserker Vote Cancel > Avenger Avenge kill > Lancer Active Kill > Shielder Shield > everything else (based on time submitted)

Notes:
- Saber is vulnerable to Lancer active & Berserker passive and dies even if she had 2 lives.
- Digging a hole is also sealed by Archer since it's an active ability.
- Archer can interrupt Saver.
- Vote tie is broken by the first one having a vote.
- Saber will be revived with 1 life.
- If an Assassin messages me to kill the second assassin before the second Assassin messages me with who they will kill, the second Assassin will die without killing anyone. (I'm willing to remove this if you guys want.)
- I will try to give a 1-hour warning before the round ends. No guarantees though.
- This game doesn't include mercy!
ezethan97
Bard
Bard

Worships: Megumin
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
Cards:

Re: 5th Holy Grail War (1st Draft)

Postby Toady » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 pm

I'm playing, because I don't want to give up on this funny game just because of fair-play issues.
Maybe you should rescale the game for 4-6 players though ^^ You could give two Servants per person, that could be fun. It would require to tweak some rules of course though.
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi

Spoiler for Much stuff (but Chibaka has more):
Hikarin <3

Thank you Secret Santa :3
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]

Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2016 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2016 Male Favorite: Kaiki Deishū
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki
Cards: Toady's Cards

Postby ezethan97 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:15 am

I'll think about it. Hopefully, we can get more players, but it would be interesting to see how a small scale version of the game goes.
ezethan97
Bard
Bard

Worships: Megumin
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
Cards:

Postby Momo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:20 am

I'll play~ But I still won't trust anyone.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥
Cards: Momo's Cards

Postby Reverend » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:08 pm

okay... what happened while I was busy dying?

nvm, I'm still here.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 4
Cards: Reverend's Cards

Return to Games and Baka