International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

ISML 2017 Contestant Profile Depot

For topics that last throughout the whole season

Re: ISML 2017 Contestant Profile Depot

Postby Kiwigiwi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi. Here's my shitty write up. More to come
Spoiler for Naegi Makoto @ Danganronpa:
Naegi Makoto is an average highschooler. He comes from an ordinary family, has average grades and even more average looks. Worst of all, he doesn't have a single talent worth bragging about.

So how did the most average teenage boy get invited into the most prestigious high school in Japan? His name was picked in a lucky draw and thus, was admitted into Hope's Peak Academy as the Super Highschool level luckster. Little did Makoto know that the moment he stepped foot into Hope's Peak, his life that he had once thought would be filled with hope would instead be shrouded in despair.

Trapped within the building of the school, Makoto and his classmates are told the only requirement for graduating; kill someone and get away with it. The students begin to grow paranoid and fearful for their own lives. They feel defeated, and eventually give up on the hopes of ever escaping.

However, against all odds, Makoto stays optimistic and helps his classmates whenever he can. His kindness towards others causes the atmosphere to feel less dark and even when the situation looks the most bleak, Makoto's hope triumphs over despair.

Spoiler for Sakamoto @ Sakamoto desu ga?:
There is only one word needed to describe Sakamoto. Cool.

Handsome, suave, intelligent; Sakamoto has no trouble looking cool no matter what he does. Even when the other boys in class attempt to prank or outwit him, Sakamoto is always one step ahead of them. Whether it is mopping the floor, feeding pigeons or even just sitting stil; Sakamoto always finds a way to look stylish. He keeps calm when faced with problems and analyses his situation quietly before solving the issue in the most impressive and cool way. His seemingly perfect track record even earns him a large amount of admirers; from both boys and girls alike.

Inside though, Sakamoto is also a kind man who never fails to help others in need; such as saving a fellow student from bullies. It is no wonder then that even those who attempt to bully Sakamoto out of jealousy would inevitably grow a strong admiration for him!

Sakamoto is without a doubt cool, cooler and the coolest!
Last edited by Kiwigiwi on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
♫ Much love to my secret santa ♥
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Medic onii-chan
Melon Pan: 81
2017 Female Favorite: Kirigiri Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Heiwajima Shizuo
Wish: Shigiri
Cards: Kiwigiwi's Cards

Postby WankoMC » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:42 pm

RailWarrior wrote:One of the last characters I would expect myself to write something for. But here it is, thanks to a potato.
Spoiler for Stella Vermillion:
A strong name leaves a strong first impression, and Stella Vermillion's name exudes this quality more than anyone else's.

As her given name suggests, Stella is like a brilliant star. The masses see her as a prodigy; they place her on an unreachable pedestal, only to be admired from a distance. But a star is not special. It is only one of the uncountably many lights the speckle the universe, and Stella knows this. She is unassuming, striving to be recognized for her own merits, not for the qualities she had been born with.

And then there is her family name, Vermillion. In common usage, the word vermilion refers to a bright red, clearly a nod to the color of her hair as well her dominion over fire. But the word can also refer to the Vermilion Bird, a symbol of elegance and nobility, paralleling Stella's royal heritage. Finally, vermilion can refer to the manufactured red pigment, known to be susceptible to impurites. Indeed, Stella, although inexperienced, cannot be called a pure maiden. She often takes the initiative with her boyfriend, attempting time and time again to advance their relationship one step further.

Tfw someone turned your meme text into proper writing. Beautiful.

Have my ics, Rabbit Stew.
Just some random baka posting random stuffs~
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Wanko~
Melon Pan: 376
2017 Female Favorite: Watanabe Yō
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
2016 Female Favorite: Hiiragi Shinoa
2016 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Pastaaaa~
Cards: WoodyMC's Cards

Postby Kiwigiwi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Spoiler for Reigen Arataka @ Mob Psycho 100:
"The most important thing is to be a good person."

Enter the 'Spirits and Such Consultation Office' and you will meet the greatest psychic of the 21st century; or at least, that is what founder Reigen Arataka proclaims himself to be. In reality, he is nothing more than a con man who cannot even exorcise low tier evil spirits. Arataka even takes advantage of a young middle school boy with real psychic powers to do the actual exorcisms for him.

However, behind the lies and deceit, the endless acts of fraud and the charisma that keeps people believing it, Arataka has a kind soul. He'll take on any task he is given and do everything in his power to complete it; even when secretly terrified to do so. He may over-rely on his young "pupil", but at the same time his desire is to ensure said pupil leads a happy, normal life free of the stresses his powers put on him.

There is much wrong to be said about Reigan Arataka, but one thing is utterly true about him.

If you're in trouble, he'll always lend a hand. Even if that hand may not be quite as powerful as he'd no doubt lead you to believe.
Spoiler:
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Postby Reverend » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:43 am

I've inputted Arataka & Sakamoto's profile in the word. No check, I'll leave the ones in charge to do so.

So the new ones are, so far:
- Yang Wenli
- Suzukaze Aoba
- Sakurauchi Riko
- Edna
- Atsuko Kagari
- Miyamizu Mitsuha
- Stella Vermillion
- Naegi Makoto
- Sakamoto
- Reigen Arataka

This is for now. This thread stays open for ever, so anyone is free to write for ISML characters that have not profile yet, listed in here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xiY ... f=2&pli=1#

do note that that word file isn't open for everyone to edit, so you may put your submission here, instead.

ps.: Dear avery, once you have the time, can you please input these profiles to their respective chara page? The rest of the details... I don't know how, but I'll try to get it filled.

Thank you.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
2017 Female Favorite: Hoshino Yumemi
Wish: - the continuation of Rune Factory project
- to die, ASAP preferably
Cards: Reverend's Cards

Postby maglor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:56 am

Can someone give me update on this? Specifically, tell me which ones are missing profile picture on the website, which ones lack a profile picture we can use on the website, which ones don't have write ups on the website, which ones lack a write up we can use on the websites, which ones don't have ISML record and moe tournament records updated to include 2016, and which ones don't have their notable matches updated to include 2016.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2016 Female Favorite: Miyamori Aoi
2016 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.
Cards: maglor's Cards

Postby Reverend » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:32 am

maglor wrote:Can someone give me update on this? Specifically, tell me which ones are missing profile picture on the website, which ones lack a profile picture we can use on the website, which ones don't have write ups on the website, which ones lack a write up we can use on the websites, which ones don't have ISML record and moe tournament records updated to include 2016, and which ones don't have their notable matches updated to include 2016.

OMG I forgot! Gomen.
Erm... check the excel file. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iPuZkcOvuIlqeFfVOSZdLS-Ch9Ov4KxtZNrZDVfHHg4/edit#gid=0
I haven't finished checking them all, but there are already some names checked and not yet to have profile avatars and/or writeups.
So, yeah, the art dept can already start working. (and actually, I'll appreciate it if they also update what avas they already have into the excel. Since, you know, I have no access to your persocoms.)

Profile writeups... as much as I know, no updates past the last time I notified.

I'll edit this post again once I'm finished with the excel.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby maglor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 am

Currently, the following characters need Everything. Even one thing for one of the characters would help

Spoiler for text list:
Rem
Megumin
Karasuma Chitose
Emilia
Ai-chan
Aqua
Takimoto Hifumi
Usami Mizuki
Ōmae Kumiko
Kirigiri Kyōko
Watanabe Yō
Hoto Kokoa
Darkness
Nanami Chiaki
Ram
Nishizumi Miho
Kanbe Kotori
Hishiro Chizuru
Rory Mercury
Mumei
Hoshino Yumemi
Hinazuki Kayo
Beatrice
Shiodome Miuna
Tamaki Ako
Nakatsu Shizuru
Hestia
Shiraishi Urara
Kaname Madoka
Izetta
Kirima Sharo
Tsushima Yoshiko
Sonō Momoka
Satō Kazuma
Natsume Takashi
Natsuki Subaru
Tachibana Taki
Tennōji Kotarō
Dazai Osamu
Saiki Kusuo
Victor Nikiforov
Katsuki Yūri
Komaeda Nagito
Bell Cranel
Hinata Shōyō
Kaizaki Arata
Kōgami Shin'ya
Sorey
Tanaka
Felix Argyle
Lancer
Kuroko Tetsuya
Ginko
Hinata Hajime
Yuri Plisetsky
Kiriyama Rei
Kira Yoshikage
Amagiri Ayato
Mikazuki Augus
Miketsukami Sōshi
Kurogane Ikki
Shiroe
Fujinuma Satoru
Midoriya Izuku
Uchimaki Subaru
Nakajima Atsushi
Kageyama Shigeo
Shimazu Toyohisa
Itami Yōji
Nishinoya Yū
Kageyama Tobio
Simon
Allen Walker
Inuyasha
Karasuma Gojō
Inuzuka Kōhei
Kikuhiko
Naegi Makoto
Kurapika
Spike Spiegel
Alucard
Haruhiro
Akatsuki Kojō
Nagai Kei
Miyoshi

I will scratch the names out as we get some
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Grish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:10 am

We do have this thread for the profile images. I'm pretty sure most of them have profile images by now
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2017 Female Favorite: Sakura Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Kurapika
2016 Female Favorite: Sakura Kyōko
2016 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Cards: Grish's Cards

Postby Reverend » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:34 am

Grish wrote:We do have this thread for the profile images. I'm pretty sure most of them have profile images by now

Unfortunately I cannot access that thread.
Would you mind updating the excel? You can ask Maglor for the permit.
Or you could just list who have and haven't got a profile pic
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Grish » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:18 am

Looks like Hikachu finished the last 6 tonight. All profile images should be accounted for.
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2017 Female Favorite: Sakura Kyōko
2017 Male Favorite: Kurapika
2016 Female Favorite: Sakura Kyōko
2016 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Cards: Grish's Cards

Postby maglor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 am

Grish wrote:Looks like Hikachu finished the last 6 tonight. All profile images should be accounted for.

Thank you Hikachu and Grish and Kiwi and all the art team members
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Reverend » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:33 am

maglor wrote:
Grish wrote:Looks like Hikachu finished the last 6 tonight. All profile images should be accounted for.

Thank you Hikachu and Grish and Kiwi and all the art team members

Great job, Art Team! <3

Okay, now I shall focus to fill out the basic infos so that we can get the section up ASAP.
Then after that we'll go back to writeup issue.

I made a new excel file for the basic infos here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14DN94t9hN-dreJlm47OLs4_ZK92fhvLZndVs1lTs4oQ/edit?usp=sharing
Reason is bcs I want to get as many help as possible and it's too much of an incovenient to change edit permit of the first page. (So yeah, help will be very appreciated here.)
I will copy the content of this link into Maglor's excel file once it's done.
Thx.

ps.: I already set ithe excel so that anyone with the link can edit. Tell me if it doesn't work. Thx.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Kiwigiwi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks Revvie <3
Spoiler:
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Postby Kiwigiwi » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Spoiler for Kira Yoshikage @ Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:
What you're about to read might just cause your death. If you truly wish to learn more about Kira Yoshikage, proceed with caution; for this man values his peaceful life more than anyone else in the world.

As said, Yoshikage is a man leading a peaceful life. He has been living in Morioh all his life. An average salary man by day, his nondescript lifestyle is dictated by a strict daily schedule by himself. While seemingly quiet yet amiable, Yoshikage especially hates standing out; often going out of his way to ensure he never places first or even second in competitions. All this in the name of leading the quiet life he's so desperate for.

Truth be told however, Yoshikage is not at all an ordinary man like he would like to seem. Behind his harmless demeanor, lies the mind of a twisted serial killer; the serial killer that has haunted Morioh for years. Ruthless and remorseless in his ways, he preys on young women who suit his ideals before taking their hands home for himself. And if anyone ever found out about his secret, he would go to great lengths in order to eliminate any witnesses.

The reasons behind how he has gotten away with his long running murderous streak is unclear. Whatever power he may possess, whatever darker secret he holds.. one thing is for certain however: this man is dangerous.

Under no circumstances should anyone engage with this man and threaten his peaceful life.

Spoiler for Kageyama Shigeo @ Mob Psycho 100:
Some would say that to be born with a special talent is a gift, for others however it can be more akin to a curse.

Born with absurdly powerful psychic abilities as grandiose as they are stressful, Kageyama Shigeo lives a surprisingly average life with his parents and brother. Nicknamed Mob by his friends, Mob is a socially awkward boy with poor physical stamina. He's not all that popular among his schoolmates, his docile nature prevents him from standing out and even the girl he wishes would notice him turns a blind eye to him.

Despite possessing a limitless potential of psychic power, Mob believes himself to be weak; too weak to fit in, too weak to be normal, too weak to be cared for by the girl of his dreams. This leads to his relentless exercise and training in an attempt to impress her.

Wishing for nothing more than to lead a peaceful life, his powers are an obstacle as he draws the attention of other psychics and evil spirits alike. Above all else, when Mob's emotions build up to 100%, his psychic powers go out of control; causing him to unwittingly hurting others around him. The last thing Mob wants to do is to harm other people. Stuck forever in this cycle, a self-apathy has begun to form. A hate for the kind of power others would kill for.

However, with support from his family, friends and the teacher he looks up to greatly, Mob begins to learn that it's okay to rely on others. He no longer has to burden himself with worry, sorrow, anger or killing intent any more. Finally, Mob can be filled with happiness, peace and gratitude.

His striving to be ever more normal and to ever improve himself, both emotionally and physically till he can gain the appreciation of the girl he so cherishes, he knows at least that this path is not one he must walk alone.

Spoiler for Kirigiri Kyōko @ Danganronpa:
For some, despair is the root of true pleasure that the world should be twisted into. For others, hope is the path forward that all should be used to advance towards the future.

For Kirigiri Kyōko however, beyond such perspectives and ideologies, there is instead a focus on truth and justice.

A beautiful woman whom is often found keeping to herself, she possesses an air of mystery quite unlike anything found in her classmates. Withdrawn and quiet, yet analytical and watchful, she appears to observe her surroundings with a subtle eye as though mentally noting down the world’s oddities. This is to such an extent that some would perhaps point out that she seems almost emotionless in even the most dire of times, but she would no doubt tell you otherwise.

Beneath the surface, there may be a greater range of emotions that nobody could ever hope to fully perceive; but she has grown wary enough to know that wearing your heart on your sleeve isn’t a clever move.

She misses nothing yet never appears to use this information to any selfish advantage. Rather, Kyōko exhibits a selfless nature full of empathy for those around her. Seeing the best in everyone, Kyōko believes that no individual is incapable of some amount of good; from a mere thief to a vicious murderer, everyone has their positive sides. Maybe she herself was once lost to emotion, resulting in an unforgivable failure that still haunts her. Even with a difficulty of trusting in others, Kyōko is often the first to comfort those around her when she sees them in torment.

Her past is known to few, her future to even fewer.

What is certain however is that if there’s a danger on-going that no one else can piece together, she’s the person you’d want by your side. An enigma that wades through conundrums, in a world of perplexing dogmas it’s good to have someone so grounded around.

And perhaps one day, one might be able to catch a glimpse of her rare smile.
Spoiler:
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Postby Momento10 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:24 am

Spoiler for Megumin (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!):
“I am Megumin. I pray to that which bestowed me great power: the ancient dragon. Those who fool with darkness shall fear its power. My curse, which cannot be broken, shall give thee thy grotesque ending. Let us dance a waltz of destruction and shout to the heavens my righteous fury. EXPLOSION!”

Only one arch-mage is crazy enough to spend all her stat bonuses on explosion magic and spend the rest of her stat modifiers on explosion power and enchantment speed: Megumin, the self-proclaimed greatest arch-mage in existence. Yes, only the most powerful of mages are willing to spend hours upon hours studying the severity of the explosions power, even if it saps away all the mana within their bodies to conjure up one explosion spell. Unfortunately, her high-risk style of fighting exposes her role as glass cannon. One mistake, and Megumin is flopping around like a fish, becoming dead weight in an instant. No wonder why she is having difficulty trying to find a party in need of someone like her.

Behind her creative incantations and fascination with explosions lies a girl who wishes to get along with others and feel useful. She is awkward when it comes to discussing topics outside of her interest and has a tendency to give peculiar names to everyday objects and creatures, but Megumin means well. When the main straight-man has all but given up, it is up to her to be the second voice of reason, even if no one understands a word she says.

When the going gets tough, Megumin is more than ready to be on standby for her spotlights. Once she starts chanting, there is nothing that will stop her from seeing something explode in front of her.

Spoiler for Aqua (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!):
To her devoted disciples, Aqua is a kind, forgiving maiden who watches over her people and bring prosperous wealth to the waters of their lands. To everyone else, Aqua is far from the perfect deity everyone perceives her to be.

Aqua craves attention. The more followers she has, the more powerful she will be. Rather than venturing out and preaching her words, she would rather sit back, relax, and let everyone else do that work for her while she relishes the showers of praises and prayers given to her on a daily basis. Yes, a true goddess needs not to raise her finger to have people on their knees for her.

Aqua hungers for fortune. Donations should be given to her regularly, ideally in large sums. She should be living in a luxurious suite with a multitude of servants who would beg to be her disciple. Therefore, it is unnecessary for her to join an adventures guild, start at level 1, and train her way back to her former strength through killing monsters and completing quest. That is not something a goddess should do.

Yet, here she is, in the mortal realm, against her will, doing things unbefitting of her stature. If she wants to return to the heavenly realm, she needs to defeat the demon king, something she tells other people to do for her. But, if she manages to obtain that glory for herself, maybe others would start treating her seriously, like an actual goddess.

With nowhere to go but up, Aqua picks up her wand and begins her journey to go back home.

Spoiler for Darkness (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!):
The purpose of the crusader class is to be the first line of defense should something become awry. Darkness takes this creed a little too far, and not in the direction people would expect.

Like most adventurers, Darkness’s goal is to defeat the demon king and restore peace among her land. Unlike most adventures, Darkness desires to be shamed, defiled, etc. first before delivering the final blow. Yes, she is that type of woman, and no, she is not ashamed to admit her…unique pleasures for others to see.

Like most crusaders, Darkness is very loyal to her comrades and is willing to do anything to protect them from harm. They are the sword and shield, the tank of the team, the heavy hitters and armored strikers. Unlike most crusaders, Darkness would rather take as much punishment, if not, all the punishment, of her team than land a solid strike, assuming she does not continually miss her target. The more powerful the impact, the more she will enjoy her crusader class.

Despite her eccentric personality, Darkness is a kind, young willing whose mind is always dedicated to finding ways to help and support the people she loves and cares for. Darkness is selfless, willing to put the people’s needs above her own, even if they are not fond of her or detest her. Whether it is for her sake, the people’s sake, or justice itself, Darkness will raise her sword to any fowl being who dares harm the peace of her town.

With bravery strong enough to move mountains and courage larger than the vastest oceans, Darkness charges forward with her heart unyielding.

Spoiler for Satō Kazuma (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o!):
If you died and had a chance to relive your life inside a fantasy, role-playing setting, would you take the chance? For Satō Kazuma, he accepted it in a heartbeat.

Life as an adventurer is more fun than he imagined. He wakes up early in the morning, goes to work, gets his paycheck, spends his nights at the local pub, goes to bed, repeat… wait, this is not even close to the kind of lifestyle he imagined his new life would be. What happened to accepting challenging quests, going off to adventures, slaying the final boss, and coming back home with a hefty award and massive experience boost? It is almost as if this phantasmal world is more normal than he perceived it to be.

While there are many times where he wished he revived back home, there are some lessons and morals he learned during his time here. He understands the importance of patience, especially when dealing with people who have a few screws loose in their brains. He begins to value knowledge, especially during battles that he knows are impossible to win unless certain conditions are met. More importantly, he knows that when life gives him lemons, he should squirt all the lemon juice on its eyes and shove the remainder of the fruit down its throat. It’s a dog-eat-dog world, and Kazuma is going to be on top no matter what.

It does not matter whether he is fighting a headless knight, a giant slime, or the demon king himself. Kazuma will survive, win, and return to town a hero.
Momento10
Titan
Titan

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2016 Female Favorite: Tedeza Rize
2016 Male Favorite: Kraft Lawrence
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.
Cards: Momento10's Cards

Postby Momento10 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Spoiler for Rem (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
If only she was not around. If only she never thought those selfish thoughts that fateful day. If only she never existed.

For the longest time, Rem suffered from an inferiority complex. No matter what she did, she could never measure up to the caliber of her genius older sister that everyone wanted her to be. In her head, all she heard was the subtext of the sugar-coated phrases dumped at her. And the one moment when she found solace from her inner demons, she does what she believed was the most unatonable sin imaginable: wishing her elder sister never existed.

Time moves on, and she finally reached a point where she can claim to be better than her sister in every category: cooking, cleaning, medicine, fighting. But, she never wanted grow this way. Every day was a day of success and agony. She felt more in debt with her sister, and her inferiority towards her began to rise exponentially. She came to the conclusion that her growth would be her punishment. The sentence of her crimes can only be paid with her life.

The sun rises, and Rem starts the day with a forced smile, hoping that, one day, she can smile genuinely just like did before everything turned awry.

Spoiler for Ram (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
There once was a story of a little red demon that did everything in her power to make sure the little blue demon would be able to get along with her people. Unfortunately, this story doesn’t have a happy ending. Should it?

Ram had always wanted to work on the sidelines. The spotlight was never something she was interested in; rather, it was blinding her unknowingly as more and more people showered her with praises. She began to detest it. She wanted people to treat her younger sister with the same type of respect. If no one is going to support her sister, she will.

In her new environment, Ram finds solace working at her own pace within her new life. She does not need to care about stature or supremacy; she can just live her life normally without the constant pressure of her clan. More importantly, she does not constantly have to remind everyone to pay attention to her little sister. They are both seen with equal eyes, which was all that she wanted.

Ram cares about her sister so much that she sometimes forgets about her own happiness. Does she have the right to be happy? She may not have an answer yet, but until that answer comes, she will remain content with the way things are currently.

Spoiler for Emilia (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
They loathed her. They detested her. But, she did not care.

Emilia’s unique characteristics make her strikingly similar to a character in a legend feared by all. Subjected to discrimination solely based on her appearance, Emilia has a hard time getting along with anyone, if at all. The only reason she wears a magical cloak all the time is for her to have a normal and decent conversation with the townsfolk. Otherwise, all she will receive is their scorn and fury.

Behind the appearance lies a gentle girl who is willing to help out those in need. She is not one that helps to receive a reward or ask for something in return. Many of her kind gestures stem from her pure heart. Added with her strong sense of justice, and Emilia should be someone everyone ought to be friendly with. Yet, she is so despised that even when she resided in a sovereign’s land, the townsfolk started to fear the sovereign as a possible accomplice towards her. Even so, she wants to treat people with kindness and compassion.

If she wants to be treated fairly, she is going to have to change the way people see her. Perhaps the crest in her hand would be able to provide her the first step towards that goal.

Spoiler for Beatrice (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
Beatrice finds solace protecting a magical library under a contract with the mansion’s master. She does not mind this type of job. The library is quiet, she gets to read all the magical books she wants in peace, and, if there is ever a disturbance in the household, she can simply warp to another room to either get away from the event or take action against it.

Beatrice practices objectivity. Her sharp tongue may sting, and some of her words may come out as harsh, but she speaks the truth. It may not be what others want to hear, but as a person who has been observing them through the keyhole unbeknownst to the residents in the mansion, she informs them what she believes is the right thing to do. She does not play favorites, unless she considers them cute.

She might be unapproachable, but she is very loyal to her bonds to her contracts. If there is one thing she is good at, it is seeing a project through to the end. She is a part of this mess, so she might as well take some responsibility to see it progress as far as it can go. Should the worst happen, Beatrice will take the front lines and protect those she cares about. She is not one to laze around when a situation occurs.

To befriend someone like her, all one has to do is find out which room she is staying in. That should not be too hard, right?

Spoiler for Natsuki Subaru (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
Natsuki Subaru is only human. He does not possess any supernatural gifts or talents. When he opens his eyes, he is not completely sure why he was brought into this new world, but, for some reason, he can’t seem to get himself out of it.

Subaru always finds himself in precarious situations. Every time he thinks he is on the right direction, there is always something ready to throw him astray. When a final mistake leads to his last breath, he suddenly wakes up as though nothing happened. He is not harmed and is experiencing the same moments as he would previously. What he just experienced was not a dream, right?

It seems that, whenever he about to die, something brings him back to a point before his demise occurs. Subaru is not sure why this is so, but if this means he can alter history so that everyone can be saved, he will do so. Unfortunately, every mistake means he would need to start back from the beginning again. Subaru is only human. There is a limited amount of stress he can take. Even though he has this power, he still fears death. And when those around him are wary of the information he possess and do not recall anything he knows, Subaru becomes desperate for answers and depressed from distrust.

Why was he brought into this world? Why does he have this power? Why does this power provide him with both hope and self-destruction? Running away will solve nothing. He has to move forward and find the truth surrounding him and this mysterious power using his quick wit and thinking.

Overcoming his fear of people’s suspicion of him, Subaru tries to change his fate and the fate of others once more.

Spoiler for Felix Argyle (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu):
Do not let his appearance and demeanor fool you. Felix Argyle is, without a doubt, male.

Felix is not the knight of one of the candidates for the kingdom’s throne for no reason. He specializes in healing magic, an ability not many people are able to possess. Therefore, he is a great ally to have in the battlefield to quickly heal up minor wounds and carefully treating major injuries. While he has an unusual way to take care of his patients, everyone knows that he means well.

Felix is both loyal and logical. He serves only his mistress and no one else. Whoever his mistress decides to befriend, he will also do so. The same goes for whoever his mistress decides to sever all ties from. He knows when a demand is too risky to take and will not hesitate to deny a person’s plea, even if that person is a close friend of his. He will do what he believes is the correct thing to do, regardless of the result or consequences of his actions.

Donning a dress and a bright smile during off hours and wearing his knightly armor and level head while on duty, Felix is ready for whatever obstacle approaches him.
Momento10
Titan
Titan

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Postby Momento10 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Spoiler for Hinzuki Kayo (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi):
An air of mystery, a soft-spoken person, a loner – Hinazuki Kayo has all the makings of a bullying target.

It is not that Kayo does not do anything about the negative things that are happening to her in class; she simply does not care anymore. She has no friends, her family does not support her, and her teachers will not do anything until she speaks up about it. With no one to trust to talk to about her concerns and frustrations, Kayo chooses to not do anything about her surroundings as long as it does not bother her too much.

Kayo finds solace away from civilization in her own little world. Sometimes, she will ask the stars to give her guidance. Other times, she asks the cherry blossoms to give her strength. On rare occasions, she would go to a museum and let her imagination take her to destinations only she can go to. Kayo is a colorful person, yet all the outside commotion and negativity made her venture in a neutral realm, as it is easier for others to cope with.

Perhaps all she needs is a helpful hand to extend to her and remind her it is okay to be a little selfish for herself every once in a while.

Spoiler for Fujinuma Satoru (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi):
It’s not easy to be a hero unknowingly. Fujinuma Satoru knows this more times than he can count.

For some reason, Satoru gained the ability to travel back in time to a key moment when someone nearly is about to die. As soon as he recognize that things are the same as they were a seconds ago, Satoru immediately searches for the source of the death and does everything he can to make sure that person is saved from certain doom. It might be better if he had some other supernatural power, but this type of ability is useful in its own way.

When the death of someone close to him sends him back to his grade school years, Satoru starts to question the significance of this time. Satoru may know of what events are to come in the future, but how much of the past does he know to prevent this kind of future from happening? Originally, Satoru ventures on his quest alone. There’s too much that he knows that those around him know, and if his movements become too suspicious, there is no telling what could happen to him now that could happen to him in the future.

Time is running out, and Satoru needs to save as many as he can before his dark future becomes inevitable. Just when he is about to give up, Satoru is reminded that he had friends that he can rely on both in the past and the future to give him the courage and strength needed to help him get by from his worries. Maybe the answer he was looking for relies more on teamwork and less on going at the problem alone.

With a new resolve, Satoru steps forward to get to the bottom of this mystery.

Spoiler for Lancer (Fate Series):
To charge headfirst with your resolve – that is the way of the Lancer.

Before a battle starts or while surveying his opposition, Lancer prefers talking in open-ended questions that make his opponent doubt his or her resolve. Most of the time, he is able to get under his opponent’s skin and use his opponent’s lack of focus to secure a victory. When playing mind games does not work, Lancer immediately switches to brute force. Hot-blooded, short tempered, and quick to lash out, Lancer will do everything in his power to make sure his opponent wished he or she never faced him.

Outside of the heat of battle, Lancer is more friendly and approachable than most of his kind. A majority of his regular interactions stem from forming alliances should either need assistance in the face of a difficult enemy. Then, when it is just he and his aligned member left, all he has to do is strike at the opportune moment and emerge victorious. An enemy’s enemy is a friend, after all, and Lancer is looking to exploit this tactic as much as possible.

When the going gets tough, Lancer is ready to strike. It is going to take more than just a few bumps and bruises to keep him down.

Spoiler for Simon (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann):
Simon never thought of himself as a leader more so than a follower. He is used to going along with the flow of other people and maintaining the status quo. So, when he found what could possibly be the key to living in the surface normally again, it took the resolve of those around him to commit to heading to the surface and trying to live life normally again.

Within his circle of friend, Simon is the voice of reason. Too many times have his friends try to do something reckless that may result in their deaths. Simon is usually there to try to logically reason with them why they should not do certain things and how possible alternatives can make their situation more feasible. When his friends choose to follow their hearts than with their heads, and what he predicted became true, Simon can only hope that they grow up to see his views.

Simon’s pure heart and strong sense of justice sometimes makes him unable to cope with situations that drastically change the status quo he is trying to keep. He wants to make sure everyone stays alive as they travel around the world in search to stop the madness terrorizing their way of life. When dissent breaks down in their group and the lack of resolve results in the death of many of his dear friends, Simon questions whether or not true justice could have prevent this situation from happening.

Crying is not going to solve anything, nor is turning a blind eye from the truth. If he wants to make changes happen, the first thing he has to do is change himself from a follower to a leader. With his newfound resolve, Simon picks up his drill one more time in hopes to pierce the heavens.
Momento10
Titan
Titan

Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
KBM - to revive

Previous

Return to All Season