International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

Saimoé Civilizations (Civ 5)

Presenting ISML as a dramatic galactic war...

Re: Saimoé Civilizations (Civ 5)

Postby HaloCapella » Tue May 13, 2014 3:53 am

alright, i made another big change on Xebec. The prevous set wasnt really so interesting. Thats because I had an awesome idea.
They're now purely dependant on TOURISM.

*Endowment* -

Spoiler for changed again:
"Your level of influence towards civilizations requires half the percentage of tourism to reach the next level."

This shows that this Civ will gain tourism benefits more easily than others. Doesnt mean they can reach Cultural victory easier, but gives them more flexibility when reaching other victories. This means they can gain better science from trade routes (science victory), effective spies (diplomatic victory) and city unrest (conquest victory).

This is the normal influence levels:
Exotic (10%), Familiar (30%), Popular (60%), Influential (100%), Dominant (200%)

Here is Xebec's influence levels:
Exotic (5%), Familiar (15%), Popular (30%), Influential (50%), Dominant (100%)

as you can see, all of them are neither closer to victory. its just that Xebec wont get any more by reaching over 200%.

"Your empire begins with a "Familiar" level of influence towards all civilizations."

Xebec now already starts with Familiar with other civs. However, they're still at 0% instead of 30%. meaning that they'll have to build all the way up to Popular/60% in order to get the increase.

this means they already get a science boost at start under trade routes and less penalized when attacking cities.

*Nyarlathotepians* -

Spoiler for changed again:
"Scout that requires no maintenance. Strength doubles (5, 10, 20, 40, 80 and 160) for each level of influence you have towards enemy unit's civilization. (Ancient Age)"

These are generally just normal Scouts that saves gold. Saving gold is great in the start of game, you can build these as much as you like.
Furthermore, they get much better when you accumulate tourism. Also, more easier when using Xebec. Reaching a certain level of influential can make these units so powerful for their little cost. Unfortunately, theyre ineffective against Barbarians... so use these to monitor the land and keeping enemy Civ in check.

Lastly, 160 does look overpowered, but i dont think you'd see that very often.

Spoiler for just one more time. sorry T.T:
"Scout that requires no maintenance. Strength increases by 50% for each level of influence you have towards enemy unit's civilization. (Ancient Age)"

The scouts are pretty normal now, except when against non-barbarians. which would be 10 strength now. due to +100% cuz of Familiar influence. later in game, can either go up to 12, or 15. almost up to a spearman and pikemen, but faster and cheaper.

"Scout with strength that exponentially grows for each level of influence you have towards enemy unit's civilization. Strength ranges from 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 and 160. Doubled maintenance. (Ancient Age)"

Strength back to level of tourism again. now accumulate lots tourism and keep them till the late age so they can withstand a GIANT DEATH ROBOT! Also great in the start of game, starting with 20 strength! War with Nyaruko early so she can crawl up with love~
EDIT: it now only boosts attack power. having just pure strength is too powerful. >.>;

"Scout with +5 strength and +25 cost for each new Era. Also +25% attacks and doesn't obsolete.
It also captures enemy units from victories into 50 HP (of 100, and waiting for next turn. (Ancient Age) "

now this should be more fun~

*Dormitory* - "Hotel that grants science and more tourism for each City-State friendly to you. +2 science and +2 tourism to your city from each friendly City-State. (Modern Age)"

Hotels are a super late game building that could help you to finish your victories. Only if you have City-States, so its pretty situational. However, a nice counter to other Diplomatic civs.

Overall: Probably a Civ to go Tall with. however, Nyarlatepians could be good for expansions. Its just all up to you. It would pretty be difficult to reach any victory with them actually. Dont worry, just use Nyaruko and crawl up with love~ ;p Woo Nyaa!
Edit: now Nyarukos are available in all ages and designed to pester enemy civs, hoping they'd be annoying to go against.
Pixiv DeviantArt ♪~ Admiral Paru ~♪ Twitter Facebook
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
HaloCapella
Esper
Esper

Worships: me, meself, and meganekko
Melon Pan: 55
2017 Female Favorite: Tanaka Asuka
2016 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
Wish: sometimes
Cards: HaloCapella's Cards

Postby HaloCapella » Sat May 24, 2014 4:35 am

A new saimoé Civ has just arrived! Hailing from the studio, Bones!

Queendom of Bones, led by Victorique de Blois. Her wellsprings of wisdom flows out from the power of National Wonders!
She also can assemble her military with Weapon Meisters from Soul Eater, can effect land and sea units combined!
And Transmutation Gates and Circles from Fullmetal Alchemist. All your future land units can heal together better!

Spoiler:

About building requirements, if you have 5 cities, your national wonder only require 3 cities to be built. (rounded up) However, these wonders still need the required building on the city you build your National Wonder on.

Circus Maximus: +10 happiness, +2 culture (instead of +5 happiness, +1 culture)
East India Company: +8 gold (instead of +4 gold)
Grand Temple: +16 faith (instead of +8 faith)
Hermitage: +4 culture (instead of +2 culture)
Heroic Epic: +2 culture (instead of +1 culture)
Ironworks: +16 production (instead of +8 production)
National College: +6 science, +2 culture (instead of +3 science, +1 culture)
Oxford University: +6 science, +2 culture (instead of +3 science, +1 culture)
National Epic: +2 culture (instead of +1 culture)
National Intelligence Agency: *none*
National Visitor Center: +4 gold (instead of +2 gold)
Palace: *not included*

Hopefully this Civ would be fun to play if this was made~

EDIT:
fixed up AIC's UA. they can now use Missionaries and Prophets to claim any tile nearby your cities. meaning that they can help you rapidly expand without the use of gold, but the cost of spreading your religion. They can still take foreign tiles, probably costs more moves and can cause diplomatic penalties.

and made a tiny change on Flonyardian Heros. gifting damaged ones will give more than undamaged ones.

♪♪
HaloCapella
Esper
Esper

Postby HaloCapella » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:34 am

Finally, I think now this is possibly the last civ idea I'm gonna make. I could be at my limit now~

♪♪

Here I present you the Sunrisean Regency! Led by the mysterious C.C.! The immortal witch who can revolutionize the battlefield!
With the powers of the mind and mind altering, Neuro Linkers allows enemy citizens to combat virtually and causing cities unable to operate.
And lastly, from the studio known from their mecha anime, you so cant wait to use them at the end of the game!

Spoiler:

About Witchcraft, this allows you to make denouncing enemy civilization more important then usual. Use this opportunity wisely, or else the enemy can catch you off-guard. Doing this may lower the enemy's firepower for a very long time. (75 turns or more. usually the length of denouncement lasts. Because it doesnt rely on the denouncement's duration because it disappears when war is declared.)

Neuro Linkers (from Accel World) are great engineers, known to be the most desired units. That's why it is better not to hesitate when sending them into the battlefield to disable a city. This is because after using that ability, the unit quickly appears back in the capital, making it easier to hurry production and finish the wonder faster.
Disableing a city should be effective, since it lowers the city's firepower and cripples the enemy's economy. REMEMBER! THE BIGGER THE CITY, THE LONGER THE RESISTANCE!!

Furthermore, you get a free Neuro Linker in the classical age, so its best you prepare for war.

Lastly, Mobile Suit (Gundam) are an endgame units, if you survive that is.

==NEW CHANGES==

Spoiler for Xebec:

Total overhaul. Nyaruko now is a late game unit that can propagate into an army of nyarukos. Hotels now simply gives growth. and your empire pays less gold from building. youre now open to use the extra gold for something.

Spoiler for Shaft:

Crab Spirits now allows you to make a small army anywhere it is placed. Great for coastal invasions.

Spoiler for Seven-Arcs:

Flonyardian Heros now does not deal with city-states. but theyre still useful when defending your empire.

NEW FIXES: changed the Flower Petal pic for AIC. It now has Kuroneko, which should be a must before theres no reason to call it AIC.

and Sunrise's free Neuro Linker now occurs later in the Industrial Era. Spread out the bonuses, so they'll all equal out before the super late unit, Mobile Suits.

NEW CHANGES: Xebec: Buying buildings now gives you free science points. This now makes Xebec a gold-based research-advantage Civ. as long you focus on money, you'll get more research.Also, matches the Endowment term

♪♪
HaloCapella
Esper
Esper

Postby HaloCapella » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:35 am

Spoiler:
finally, a new saimoe civ idea for A-1 pictures' Alpha-One Enterprises. Features Meiko "Menma" Honma from Anohana as the leader. Yuuki Asuna from SAO for Rescue Squadrons, a unique horsemen. and 765-Pro from The Idolmaster as a unique factory. Looks like they'll have to be under war (defending or attacking) in order to make a better use of their ability. Happiness, Taj Mahals, and Artists is the way to go~

Made changes for Alpha-One Enterprises, hopefully look better now. They now can reap the rewards of the ancient age until Sweden or Venice grabs them from you. Rescue Squadrons can secure your upcoming ages. Lastly, finish it off with 765-pros. I guess i'll have to find music for them now.

Spoiler:
HaloCapella
Esper
Esper

Postby HaloCapella » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Spoiler:
since i havent got any civs to be made in-game for Civ5. might as well make ideas for the next game, Civ6.

first things first, a few points about Civ6:

Each empire in Civ6 has a Civilization ability, Leader Ability, Unique Unit, and Unique Infrastructure.
(Infrastructure can be either a building, district, or improvment.)
*keep on mind that Leaders can have more than one unique unit so theres less limits*
*Also, there can be more than one leader for each empire.*

KyoAni Empire - Stars of Fortune: +5% production towards all units, buildings and districts.

Suzumiya Haruhi
Haruhi's SOS Brigade: additional +5% Non-food yields and +5% growth to cities that are not content (ecstatic cities, happy cities, displeased cities, and cities under unrest). Cities gain extra non-food yields whenever the population grows.
(Excitement to the World: Will grow her cities as much as she can. Dislikes leaders having cities with negative amenities.)

Sakagami Tomoyo
Chain Combo: Gain an extra slot for a Diplomatic policy slot regardless of government type (needs Political Philsophy civic). All units get +5 combat bonus if nearby support units. Gains the Key Force unique unit.
(Sakuranoki Guardian: Friendly towards leaders with weak militaries. Dislikes leaders who delares war against City-States.)

Key Force - Unique unit for Sakagami Tomoyo. Renaissance Anti-Cavalry Unit. 50 strength. Available in Printing. Generates influence for City-States from killing units.
Mo~e Marine - (replaces Infantry) +10 Attack bonus and +1 movement when moving/attacking from sea or river. Killing units causes the enemy civilization to generate extra war weariness.
KyoAni Shop - (replaces Market) +2 culture if built on home continent. Later on, makes tourism on home continent.

more will come~
Last edited by HaloCapella on Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaloCapella
Esper
Esper

Postby Reverend » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:13 am

you should make new thread, pyuru

oh... my writer urge... is calling me...
*looks at Space Opera*
*cries of his inability to continue that*
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 4
Cards: Reverend's Cards

Previous

Return to Space Opera