International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

[STORY] Legend of Galactic Heroes (Aquamarine 2015 - Boys)

Presenting ISML as a dramatic galactic war...

[STORY] Legend of Galactic Heroes (Aquamarine 2015 - Boys)

Postby Reverend » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:49 am

Prologue

Once, in a time and space unknown,

It was dark. The cold breeze of the night chills the bones. The clouds had gathered together. It all looked like a huge monster, ready to consume anything it saw. The voice of a huge metal foot clamping into the ground every time it stepped is the only ambient heard. And it was not beautiful to men; it was the voice of despair to come, of oppression to face when light came, or death. Men were ruled by an extraterrestrials that called themselves “Servant to the One True God.” The everlasting days were always filled with slavery, while the glimpse of night were filled with fears.

But one day, a knight in mask bearing a long sword came. He was a foolhardy and a genius. He and a group of bold men declared defiance to this “God.” And thus, a huge war occurred. The Great Conflict of the Saimoe had begun.

The oppressors hunted down the rebels, but the rebels were cunning. Numerous time they were cornered, numerous time they escaped, while gaining sympathies and loyalist at the same time. After a long and arduous conflict, the rebels managed to reach the oppressors’ capital, and in the final battle the knight killed the “God”. The oppressors were destroyed. Their civilization vanished. And the knight was praised a hero. The knight became an Emperor; he rose to the throne of humanity, to lead them into his vision of peace. He was known as Emperor Lelouch of the Geass.

And thus ended the first conflict, men with their naivety were oblivious of what was to come.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 4
Cards: Reverend's Cards

Re: [STORY] Legend of Galactic Heroes (Aquamarine 2015 - Boy

Postby Reverend » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:02 am

Once, there was peace. But then there was none...

The old ones said: you’ll either die a hero, or live long enough to be a villain. There was once a brave hero of humanity, who destroyed a despot that promoted slavery and tyranny. There was once a tale of bravery and a tale of liberty. But it was no more. The naive humans wanted more than just freedom and peace - they wanted to possess. Emperor Lelouch of the Geass, once the greatest hero ever known, had turned into the greatest enemy of men. Rebellion after rebellions occurred - there will be war no matter what the age is. The Second Great Conflict of the Saimoe had begun.

Once upon a time, there was a black swordsman. He and his legendary dual sword-wielding technique were without match. Born of the weak and the trapped, he led his people, the Aincrad, in their struggle to survive. But he knew it was not enough - that the only way to stop the war is to strike at the heart of hatred. Thus, the Aincrad marched. Into the halls of the Emperor of Geass they traveled, facing so many hurdles, against so many challenges - they never back down.
Until finally the Emperor himself appeared. Under a huge tree, the Swordsman and the Emperor fought, in a duel to decide the future. And after bout after bout after bout, the swordsman stabbed the Emperor in the heart. Lelouch fell. The Geass were undone. The Aincrad were victorious. Mankind was freed.

But then, the swordsman, Black Swordsman Kirito, went missing. Under the huge tree where the legendary duel took place, his swords were left.

And thus ended the second conflict. Men with their ignorance knew not of the future.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage

Re: [STORY] Legend of Galactic Heroes (Aquamarine 2015 - Boy

Postby Reverend » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 am

Once, there was hope. But then there was none...

Once, there was an Empire that ruled humanity and brought them into peace and prosperity. Once, there were men of courage who rebelled against despot. Once, there was a hero of chaos who abolished false order. But then, there was nothing but conquest. Men of ambitions found power. Races turned into nations. Nations clashed with each other. And the galaxy turned into turmoil. The Third Great Conflict of the Saimoe had begun.

The war spanned for hundreds of years. Heroes rose, Heroes fell. The pages of history were filled with tales of victory, of courage and of glory, but none of peace - Until one day, a boy with a bang and uninterested eyes appeared. He looked mediocre - his appearance, his gesture, his academic, nothing was special about him. But the boy was a genius - with his deductive reasoning, he brought the war into a still. He shunned the ambitions of leaders. He dragged the nations into the table of discussion, and established a law: Materialism Dialectic of Saimoe Logic.
Under the huge tree where once Lelouch fell, under the huge tree where the swords of Kirito stood, the boy, Genius School Detective Hōtarō, declared the end of war. And the tree that was once the symbol of death was now the symbol of life. The Tree of Hope, they call it now, is a sacred place; a sanctuary for proof of humanity’s dream of union and prosperity.

And thus ended the third conflict. And everlasting peace has reign over since then. But, humans are naive creatures, after all...

-End of Prologue-

Spoiler for Writer's note:
Please, don't kill me for using the same title of a certain famous novel series that was adapted into a decade-long OVA series.
And please, don't kill me for using the name of a certain famous book as a book here. I was just reading one of my favorite book when I wrote this.

Like what I already said in the girl's story thread, I let people comment here, as long as it remains conducive.
Like what I already said in the girl's story thread, I'll finish everything Aqumarine-related before Amethyst starts.

Wish to contribute? Sign up here

FAQ:
1. What is this?
Find your answer here
(though a lot of thing there needs updating.)

2. What is the difference of this and the girl side of the story?
As far as I can tell now: slightly different naming convention, different preludes, and possibly different terms. I'll reduce the sci-fi feeling here and make it a more "fantasy mixed with war mixed with politic" setting.
(ps.: nor that my girl-side of the story has a lot of sci-fi, though ;) )
In the end, there would probably come a day where this will be merged with the girl's story. But, until then, just eat what's there.

3. What's the point of separating the boys with the girls if you will end up merging them anyway?
  • Page convention: I don't want to flood-post a thread. Actually I am planning of making a new ID for Space Opera, like ISML Seitokai or so.
  • Freedom of writing: to make my work easier things interesting.

4. The Banners are good. How did you make them?
Don't ask me. Ask Melange and Momento10. Massive thanks to Melange for all the efforts over the years. And great thanks to Momento10 for the new banners for this year.

5. The story sucks.
Shut up.

6. The older story is better.
From 2009 to 2012 were all ithekro's work. The 2014 ones are blaz's work. All hail the predecessors!

7. The story is good.
Flattery won't get you anywhere, you know? ;)

8. This FAQ is a bullshit. Why bother writing them?
Because I'm bored.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~

Badges:
ImageImage

Return to Space Opera