International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Seitokai activities will be reported here, except for very important or period-specific announcements. Feel free to comment on what the student council has to offer.

Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Postby ISML Seitokai » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:58 am

Bo-n-jour?

This is our first year of forming the International Saimoe League Seitokai, so we may not have a big influence yet, and while that's completely fine with me, Hina-chan does not think so. And so, the student council will be asking the voters to submit any suggestions that could give the Seitokai more of a presence or just comments in general. The ISML Seitokai forum will also be the place to post miscellaneous bulletins, so check it out from time to time.

Bai bai~
_____
Charlotte Dunois
Vice President of Relations
ISML Seitokai
stealing maglor's lollipops ice creams since 2009
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Melon Pan: 50
Cards: ISML Seitokai's Cards

Re: Seitokai Questions, Comments, Suggestions

Postby RegalStar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:21 am

Giving council members individual accounts instead of getting them to post through ISML staff's accounts would be an interesting idea, I think.
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]

Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles
Cards: RegalStar's Cards

Postby Chocola » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:04 am

This is a good idea, I think. The only problem would be we may have a conflict of usernames, such as someone already registered Holo and we can't really tell them to change it. I'll discuss this some more among the staff, I think.

What about there is just a common account for the seitokai? Would that work better? We know who's speaking anyways by the bottom of each bulletin.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2016 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2016 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me
Cards: Tsumikitty's Cards

Postby loudmouth » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:11 am

I like that idea too actually. You could have [Seitokai] as part of the username or something if you wanted to do it. Although a signature at the end of each of their posts would be sufficient too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Wish: To go to heaven
Cards: loudmouth's Cards

Postby Bastion » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:18 am

KholdStare88 wrote:This is a good idea, I think. The only problem would be we may have a conflict of usernames, such as someone already registered Holo and we can't really tell them to change it. I'll discuss this some more among the staff, I think.

What about there is just a common account for the seitokai? Would that work better? We know who's speaking anyways by the bottom of each bulletin.

Or at least a common account for the position, since the girl working the position could change each period. 5/6 accounts for the entire length of the year with the 'user name' changing based on who's occupying the office at that time.
The only issue would be if multiple staff tried to access the same account at one time.

And that way the common grunt of the forum is also clear when it's RPing the seitokai vs the actual administrator making a comment.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img][img]http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Bastion_Arcion/Azusa2011.jpg[/img]
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.

HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.

ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.

With great power comes great responsibility

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?

MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.

Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.

Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.

Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.

The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Cards: Bastion's Cards

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 pm

That would be nice. We can probably create an account for each position and use avatars of existing setokai members for each account. And then change avatars of each account whenever we elect a new student council members.

Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler

Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Cards: Cassiopeia's Cards

Postby Dusk252 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:45 am

I like that idea. But then how would we know which member from staff is speaking through the character?
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad

Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.
Cards: Dusk252's Cards

Postby Chocola » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 am

That's the idea though. We don't need to know which staff is speaking so you guys don't take shots at maglor.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Postby Dusk252 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:15 am

KholdStare88 wrote:That's the idea though. We don't need to know which staff is speaking so you guys don't take shots at maglor.

LoL I'd like to know though. On the other hand, it might be more fun that way so... I guess I support RegalStar's idea then.
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad

Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.
Cards: Dusk252's Cards

Postby Bastion » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:46 am

I posted a banner suggestion in 'Marinara's ISML Contributions' thread, but I wanted to make it known that it was a seitokai idea, not one for a personal banner, so I'm going to repost the idea here (maybe I'm just not looking for the right keys, but I couldn't see the ability to post a new thread).

Was looking at one of the other forum member's avatar and banner and it was split in four to support four different girls, how about the same thing with the seitokai with the president in a center-square pop-out, the VP's on her 'wings', the secretary and treasurer above or below, and the reporter as a sliver on the side.

Additionally, since I was thinking of it as a banner (more space to work with?) maybe instead of fitting the positions into the pictures, coloring the background of any free-space to a fitting color for the necklace association (I'm seeing a 'sky blue' for Aquamarine) and placing the positions with each lady's position there instead. Oh, and something stating that this was the seitokai for the timespan and year.
Perhaps tossing the reporter sliver to the opposite side of the banner, since she isn't an official of the student school board, and to give the banner a nice framing.

The reason I'm trying to make it general is that I'm thinking it would chance each necklace, with a different set of ladies but the same style of scheme for the whole year.
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage[img][img]http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae279/Bastion_Arcion/Azusa2011.jpg[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.

HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.

Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.

Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.

Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.

The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:

Postby Chocola » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 am

Ah, we were already planning to have a place to display the seitokai members of each period. Signatures would be nice, but I'm not sure who would use them, maybe common accounts discussed above. I'm not really good at image composition though (extracting images of 6 characters and putting them into the same image), so I think it would be very nice if Marinara could do it. ^^

EDIT: On second thought, we do have icon-sized avatars (the ones displayed on the main page currently), so we could put those in a signature for a really quick representation of our current seitokai.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Postby maglor » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Cookies and rewards for the fantasy may be given accompanied by picture of Seitokai member doing the presentation.

short animated clip might be made showing the Seitokai members doing a small ceremony to receive the necklace from last year's winner and give it to the new winner.

The reporter may distribute interesting facts or takes on upcoming matches or joke about the results.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2016 Female Favorite: Miyamori Aoi
2016 Male Favorite: Korosensei
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.
Cards: maglor's Cards

Postby Bastion » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:Ah, we were already planning to have a place to display the seitokai members of each period. Signatures would be nice, but I'm not sure who would use them.

Well.. I would for one, there's a reason I suggested it in the first place afterall :P

I was thinking it'd be promotion for more active participation in keeping the seitokai open and functioning, similar to the Space Opera system, letting people know there is a somewhat RPG element to it.

It could also be used for the common seitokai accouts to further set them apart from normal users, but still show that they are normal, actual forum accounts.

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:28 am

So as most of you have noticed, we implemented your idea of using seitokai account, so come visit this forum regularly~

Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler

Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena
Cards: Cassiopeia's Cards

Postby Marinara » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:39 am

Arcion wrote:I posted a banner suggestion in 'Marinara's ISML Contributions' thread, but I wanted to make it known that it was a seitokai idea, not one for a personal banner, so I'm going to repost the idea here (maybe I'm just not looking for the right keys, but I couldn't see the ability to post a new thread).

Was looking at one of the other forum member's avatar and banner and it was split in four to support four different girls, how about the same thing with the seitokai with the president in a center-square pop-out, the VP's on her 'wings', the secretary and treasurer above or below, and the reporter as a sliver on the side.

Additionally, since I was thinking of it as a banner (more space to work with?) maybe instead of fitting the positions into the pictures, coloring the background of any free-space to a fitting color for the necklace association (I'm seeing a 'sky blue' for Aquamarine) and placing the positions with each lady's position there instead. Oh, and something stating that this was the seitokai for the timespan and year.
Perhaps tossing the reporter sliver to the opposite side of the banner, since she isn't an official of the student school board, and to give the banner a nice framing.

The reason I'm trying to make it general is that I'm thinking it would chance each necklace, with a different set of ladies but the same style of scheme for the whole year.

Well, here's my try:

I'm not as comfortable making posters as I am with banners and sigs, but it was fun playing with the different shapes :)
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen
Cards: Marinara's Cards

Postby Bastion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:13 am

Marinara wrote:
Arcion wrote:I posted a banner suggestion in 'Marinara's ISML Contributions' thread, but I wanted to make it known that it was a seitokai idea, not one for a personal banner, so I'm going to repost the idea here (maybe I'm just not looking for the right keys, but I couldn't see the ability to post a new thread).

Well, here's my try:
Spoiler:

I'm not as comfortable making posters as I am with banners and sigs, but it was fun playing with the different shapes :)

I like the poster style, but I was making the suggestion as for a banner as I would like to fit it into a sig, alike how some people fit the space opera banners into their signatures. Also putting the names/positions into the 'grey' space outside of the women's pictures so that it was informational, while not disturbing the pictures.

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:

Postby Marinara » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Again, just for fun, a Seitokai sig. It doesn't implement any of Arcion's suggestions, but this is only one version. I plan to play around with other versions later on.
Follow me on Twitter!
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Bastion » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 am

Marinara wrote:Again, just for fun, a Seitokai sig. It doesn't implement any of Arcion's suggestions, but this is only one version. I plan to play around with other versions later on.

Do you mind me (rehosting and) placing in my sig, for now at least. As a placeholder for the time between now and if/when something better might come along?
I really wish to show my support for the Seitokai idea, trying to make it work the most efficiently for good relations between it (the administrators of ISML), and the forum members :)

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:

Postby Marinara » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:25 am

Yeah, sure. I posted it up here as a freebie anyways :)
Follow me on Twitter!
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan

Badges:
ImageImage

Postby Bastion » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 am

Marinara wrote:Yeah, sure. I posted it up here as a freebie anyways :)

Yay! Just wanted to be sure that I wasn't going to be accused of stealing it :lol:

I was thinking and realized that the poster that Marinara made for the Seitokai could be displayed on the site main page somewhere, possibly in the 'scheduled events' box (mostly because it's too large to go above the PV and would provide a nice differential for that), forming a pictoral link between the main site and the forums.

(*'////'*)
Spoiler:

ImageImage

Bastion
Titan
Titan

Badges:

Next

Return to ISML Seitokai