International Saimoe League Forums

Discussion forum for all ISML matters

The Sisyphus and the Boulder (CD 1529)

Seitokai activities will be reported here, except for very important or period-specific announcements. Feel free to comment on what the student council has to offer.

The Sisyphus and the Boulder (CD 1529)

Postby ISML Seitokai » Sat May 13, 2017 7:32 am

Judicial Order 1529

Proposal: Ratification of Notes of Judicial Committee Meeting 2017-AQ-1: The Seitokai for ISML 2017 shall be formed. A new method of selection shall be commenced. The candidates have been decided.
Original Proposal by: Sakagami Tomoyo
Consent: Tachibana Kanade, Kousaka Honoka, Kuroyukihime, Shiba Miyuki, Tomori Nao
Dissent: None
Abstain: Katsura Hinagiku

Ratified Date: May 13th, 2017
Under Authority of: Tachibana Kanade

Honoka: E-excuse me. *creaking sound of a door slowly opened*

Tomoyo: Huh... ._.

Nao: This room is as messy as ever.

Honoka: Where is everybody?

Nao: I can take a guess... Nagi probably left to pursue her manga and Kurumi is probably busy fighting Kotori. With Yuki, probably reading some books or so and Keima the same with his games. I can imagine Yurippe getting real fed up and shooting everything in sight until she's out of ammo *points to the bullet-riddled wall.*

Kuroyukihime: Huh... ._.

Nao: Well, given their history, this is not a surprising end.

Honoka: Then, what should we do about it?

Tomoyo: The office and work of the Seitokai are too important to be left incomplete. We need to rebuild it from scratch...again.

Kuroyukihime: This time, we need someone who will be more responsible than the previous ones

Miyuki: Agreed.

Tomoyo: Let's clean this place up first. Miyuki, can you help me file these drawings? Nagi may come back and.... *fade*

*while we await for our cast to tidy the seitokai room, let us have a Nao in apron*

------------------------------------------
A few moments later...

Tomoyo: Eh, let's begin the ISML Judicial Committee's first meeting of this year. To re-cap, sometime between the end of last year's tournament and the present day, we lost contact with the Seitokai. Our beloved Hina got annoyed and left to check up on them, and now has gone missing herself. That was a month ago. And then, as you all already know, we discovered this room empty, just half an hour ago.

Tomoyo: The condition of both the Seitokai and the Judicial Committee are very bad. For the Judicial Committee itself, I, Sakagami Tomoyo, as one of the two most senior members remaining, shall now assume temporary leadership. If there's anyone in this room who objects, voice your opinion now or forever hold your peace.

Silence.

Tomoyo: Then, I thank you for your trust and hope I can repay it well with good work done. Now, we shall discuss about the Judicial Committee at a later date and focus on our current topic: Why did this happen? What should we do to revive this place?

Nao: Why did this happen? Isn't it just because they are all a bunch of weirdos mashed together without any sort of chemistry whatsoever?

Miyuki: Well, true. *shrugs*

Kuroyukihime: I think the whole trouble is due to our election process favouring candidates that have a strong fanbase, no matter how small that fanbase is. We need to recruit candidates that are likely to be responsible and capable and let the voters express how they feel about all the candidates relative to others. This way, the candidate who is broadly considered to be competent and trustworthy will win the office and we will not get the distasteful mess that was last year's Seitokai.

Honoka: Eh? But will people like it if some random character they don't know about getting elected?

Nao: They can go sulk.

Honoka: EHHH!

Miyuki: Hime-san makes a valid argument, though. There's no way the Seitokai will work if the members don't fulfil the criteria required for each role.

Tomoyo: What should be done then, Hime?

Kuroyukihime: Hmm. I suggest that we can openly recruit the candidates and then select them out one by one ourselves and leave a final list for the people to vote. But, the problem is, it will take a long time, and it will be so tiresome.

Nao: Or we can decide them ourselves. Right here. Right now.

Honoka: WHAT!?

Nao: But we don't have enough time! Plus, it's not like the old method (read: random.org) was any better...

Honoka: But then if everyone doesn't like the choices given to them, then there's no way we can make them happy with whatever result that may happen, and eventually the Seitokai itself.

Tomoyo: I don't think it will be that extreme, but Honoka does raise a point. The reason why this Seitokai existed in the first place was not just to run the tournament, but to create an atmosphere... that(as if) we're all alive(even if we're not) here and we're having fun, and that we wish to share this experience with everyone.

Tomoyo: But Nao is also right: we don't have time, and that it's the best way to make sure whoever gets elected will do the job right. We need that the most right now, or else this Seitokai will vanish for good.

Tomoyo: Thus, while I agree with Nao's method, we will need to find a voting method that ensures that... at least whoever gets elected, everyone will accept his/her leadership.

Kuroyukihime: But, how?

Tomoyo: Hmm, I know of a method that lets the voters decide by their order of preference, and then we count the votes based on that. It is called the IRV, if I remembered correctly. I also know someone who knows much more than I do on how it work and I intend to ask if he can help us run the voting.

Honoka: That sounds good! But.. wouldn't it be odd if we just write a name without their consent?

Kuroyukihime: Ah... so, in the end, we can't do it today. *sigh*

Tomoyo: Can't be helped, then. Let's postpone this meeting and do it tomorrow.

Honoka: Agreed!

Tomoyo: But before that, is there anything else you want to say before we proceed with the selection of the candidates?

Miyuki: Tomoyo-san...

Tomoyo: Yes, Miyuki?

Miyuki: I think we need to make the office last a whole year so it will trouble us less. We have seen an increase in Seitokai funds usage due to the unecessity that is holding a ceremony just to replace members.

Tomoyo: Hmm, I think that could work. Any objections?

Nao: Nope!

Tomoyo: I just want to make sure. Anyone with any objections, to everything we have decided today?

Silence

Tomoyo: Alright. For now, we shall end this meeting, and tomorrow, at this time, we all should be back with a name in mind for the Presidential role. Good luck, people. And please think it carefully.

The next day, at the same time, they gathered again.

Tomoyo: Alright, then, everyone's here. Kanade, will you help me get a box? And Miyuki, can you help me distribute some of those papers that hasn't been used yet. Each one of us will write a name, and then put it inside a box, so that we can't tell who nominated whom. Remember: we need a reliable and capable Seitokaichou, preferably one whose credibility is proven.

Miyuki started passing around the papers and everyone was busy thinking whom to wrote. Meanwhile...

Kanade: Guard Skill: Hand Sonic ver. 23

A box appeared.

Nao: Of all the new moves you could have made. And also: what kind of naming is that?

Honoka: By the way, how many candidates we should have?

Kuroyukihime: Hmm... Is 6 enough?

Tomoyo: Should we have more, guys?

Honoka: Erm... how about 8? ^^

Nao: But there are only 6 of us.

Kuroyukihime: Then why don't you and Kanade write one extra candidate in each, Tomoyo? You two are the oldest here, after all.

Tomoyo: Alright, then. Please put your candidate's name into the box once you've done.

(Box was passed around)

Tomoyo: Kanade, would you do the honours?

Kanade began puling out the papers

Spoiler for Candidates:
Image Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)
Image Senri Akane (Rewrite)
Image Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad)
Image Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Image Fine (Shuumatsu no Izetta)
Image Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord)
Image Kumagawa Misogi (Medaka Box)
Image Takamachi Nanoha (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha)

Everyone: ...............

Honoka: Tomoyo-chan, Good luck! ^^;

Tomoyo: -_-

Kuroyukihime: With Hinagiku also missing, having Tomoyo be in the Seitokai will remove two of our most senior magistrates. That would mean "someone" needs to be re-instated and perhaps take over the missing senior magistrates' work.

Nao: I'm sure there are others who are equally competent, but less of a hassle to work with.

Tomoyo: I'm a hassle, huh? ._.

Miyuki: Don't worry, everyone. I'm sure it will be Fine.

Tomoyo: Let's not be so hasty, shall we? You never know what will happen at the elections.

the one who is also a senior member of the Committee but the only contribution is by summoning a box because the writer is so poor.
ISML Judicial Committee

ps.: Can I have my mapo tofu, now?
stealing maglor's lollipops ice creams since 2009
ISML Seitokai
Seitokai
Seitokai

Melon Pan: 50
Cards: ISML Seitokai's Cards

Re: The Sisyphus and the Boulder (CD 1529)

Postby houreki » Sat May 13, 2017 7:48 am

ISML Seitokai wrote:

Miyuki: Don't worry, everyone. I'm sure it will be Fine.

I see what you did there :ascii110:

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2017 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2016 Female Favorite: Sakagami Tomoyo
2016 Male Favorite: Hijikata Toshirō
Cards: houreki's Cards

Re: The Sisyphus and the Boulder (CD 1529)

Postby Lulu » Sat May 13, 2017 8:43 am

Spoiler:
Lulu
[Blame maglor]
[Blame maglor]

Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: 姫カット
Melon Pan: 26
2017 Female Favorite: Hiiragi Kagami
2017 Male Favorite: Araragi Koyomi
2016 Female Favorite: Shana