What is ISML and how do I participate?
- ISML hopes to find the most moe among anime girls, and it's up to you to decide by casting your vote!
- Since 2015, a Male Division has been added to allow male characters to compete too.
- Voting is free of charge; you are not required to register an account.
- Join the forum to discuss ISML with fellow fans. Subscribe to the news blog for tournament updates.
- Your participation means that you agree to our rules and policies.
What has changed since 2015?
- Females are no longer divided into Nova and Stella. Female and Male Divisions will compete in a parallel and identical structure.
- Preliminary Period is cancelled. Nominations will directly determine the contestants of the Main Tournament.
- The round-robin Regular Season has been changed to group elimination stages.
- The number of Periods has been changed from five to seven.
- The Postseason I and II are reformatted into the 'Elimination Stage'.
- The Tournament of Champions will be organized next year before the Main Tournament.
- Voting days have been changed to Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
What is the schedule of 2016?
- The calendar at right highlights all the scheduled match days.
- Matches start at 1500 GMT on the scheduled day and last for 24 hours.
- Results will be released 12 hours after a match ends.
- The schedule is tentative and may change in the future, but we'll keep you updated on the news blog.
Where do I vote?
Are nominations important?
- Yes! Extremely! Who you nominate at the beginning of the year will be the ones competing throughout the year for the
Tiara. No characters will be added to the tournament in the middle of the year.
- If you want to see new faces in ISML, please send in your nominations and let all your friends and contacts know.
How should I format my nominations?
- Any language is acceptable, but we highly prefer you write them in romaji (English).
- Name order does not matter. "Katsura Hinagiku" is the same as "Hinagiku Katsura."
- Please give the full name and series of the character, so we know exactly who you're nominating.
- You do not have to use macrons over the vowels (e.g. ō and ū); "ou" and "uu" are sufficient.