What is ISML and how do I participate?
- ISML hopes to find the most moe among anime girls, and it's up to you to decide by casting your vote!
- Voting is free of charge; you are not required to register an account.
- Join the forum to discuss ISML with fellow fans. Subscribe to the news blog for tournament updates.
- Your participation means that you agree to our rules and policies.
What has changed since 2014?
- A third Division featuring male characters has been added.
- Nominations will begin in March instead of January.
- The Preliminary Period will be updated for 2015.
What is the schedule of 2015?
- The calendar at right highlights all the scheduled match days.
- The 2015 calendar will be available soon. The first event is the Nomination Period, beginning March 1 and lasting two weeks.
- Matches start at 1500 GMT on the scheduled day and last for 24 hours.
- Results will be released 12 hours after a match ends.
- The schedule is tenative and may change in the future, but we'll keep you updated on the news blog.
Where do I vote?
How do Preliminaries work?
- Candidates are shuffled in various groups in each Round.
- Rounds typically last two voting days because of the number of Candidates involved.
- In Round 1, you can choose up to 3 characters per group.
- For Rounds after that, you can choose up to 2 characters.
- Candidates get eliminated in Rounds 1 and 2.
- Contestants begin to be admitted to the Regular Season in Round 3 and afterwards.
- Side note - The Winter Seasonal Tournament will take place at the same time as Prelims.
[ Show/Hide older FAQ entries ]
Are nominations important?
- Yes! Extremely! Who you nominate at the beginning of the year will be the ones competing throughout the year for the
Tiara. No characters will be added to the tournament in the middle of the year.
- If you want to see new faces in ISML, please send in your nominations and let all your friends and contacts know.
- After the girls pass nominations, you will have to vote for them during prelims so they make it to the regular season.
How should I format my nominations?
- Any language is acceptable, but we highly prefer you write them in romaji (English).
- Name order does not matter. "Katsura Hinagiku" is the same as "Hinagiku Katsura."
- Please give the full name and series of the character, so we know exactly who you're nominating.
- You do not have to use macrons over the vowels (e.g. ō and ū); "ou" and "uu" are sufficient.