Suggestion for NECKLACE POSTERS

Show off your ISML-related talents, whatever they may be. You can also request character avatar changes here.
oenothera2
Ninja
Ninja
Melon Pan: 50

Suggestion for NECKLACE POSTERS

Post by oenothera2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:46 am

Dear ISML, I come from a Chinese ISML forum and would like to express some opinions that most Chinese ISML supporters want to say.
As a big fan of Akiyama Mio, I was overwhelmed by her winning of Topaz Necklace, yet also disappointed by her necklace poster. The colour tone is being too dark, while the background looks awkward with that wire netting ( She looks like a PRISONER!! ) Honestly, though we understand your effort, most of us are not satisfy with the necklace posters in 2012, especially Kanade's and Ruri's , which blue and purple suit them so much yet the posters look a bit... ridiculous. (Kanade's look too sexy that doesn't fit her personality....and Ruri, why can't you use any official anime posters rather then a FAN DRAWING THAT DOESN"T LOOK GOOD ENOUGH???) Their supporters want a nice looking poster, not something made randomly. Last year's posters were fantastic , we saw your team's devotion and we appreciated a lot.
I am not sure whether there's any changes in the team during last year , but I really reckon the ISML team this year should improve their skills. In fact, I know a lot of talented friends in our forum who are keen in creating necklace posters for their favourite characters and they are really good. Maybe the ISML can attempt inviting some people to join in creating the posters.

Here is a topaz poster I made for Mio

This poster is made by 暮煾°, who also created a series of necklace poster for other candidates. I am expecting to see the official necklace posters could be as good as this.

More posters created by 暮煾° can be viewed in http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1862355986

I sincerely hope ISML could consider my advice and shows improvement on better necklace posters. Thank you.
Cross
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Madoka
Wish: me to be in an anime.
All-time Favorite:
Tachibana Kanade

Re: Suggestion for NECKLACE POSTERS

Post by Cross » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Mio's poster is not that bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Support ISML + My All-time FavoriteShow
ImageImage
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:31 pm

We would love for more poster makers to be honest. The main problem is security and timing issues. The posters need to be done before results are released, so the poster maker has to know the winner ahead of time and we have to trust that he/she doesn't "leak" who the winner is to other people. The other problem is we really do want to work with 暮煾° but we wonder if he/she can speak English. If anyone wants to join the poster making team, tell them to create an ISML forum account and post here.

I have to disagree with the Kanade and Ruri posters though, because I don't think "too sex" is a problem and Ruri's fanart looks...incredibly good in my opinion. Everything else can be improved.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Hikari-chan
Kholdy's Master
Kholdy's Master
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Worships: rider ♥ sinon ♥
Melon Pan: 110
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2018 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2018 Male Favorite: Levi
Wish: being able to make everyone around me happier in some way

Post by Hikari-chan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:53 am

We try our best to communicate and get ideas across in order to make posters that satisfy the current Period. Sometimes it is harder than other times, and we just try our best to be creative while also maintaining some consistency in the way we do things. While this may not satisfy everyone, we do try our best and yes, sometimes it is hard when we are very busy. Like KholdStare mentioned, it would be nice to recruit others who are interested and will give us their word to not leak the winner(s) of each Period/exhibition round, but we also have to make sure that we can communicate well enough with them to make sure that things can go well without us having to worry about such details.

The posters we make are to represent the character, and that is why even if the ones that you have posted look very pretty (and they do!), they have a lot of inconsistency going on in the background and foreground that really retract from the focus on the winner. It was not our intention to make things seem "random", but sometimes it is difficult to create a sufficient poster in the deadline that we have from the time of knowing the winner.

But we are grateful for you bringing it to our attention, and we try not to disappoint anyone when it comes to posters, so we're hoping the effort we continue putting into them will show. But please don't let it deter you from continuing to support your favorite characters in the voting process, we're definitely doing what we can! :gumheart:

thank you so much to my wonderful santa! <3
mal | twitter
oenothera2
Ninja
Ninja

Post by oenothera2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:39 am

KholdStare88 wrote:We would love for more poster makers to be honest. The main problem is security and timing issues. The posters need to be done before results are released, so the poster maker has to know the winner ahead of time and we have to trust that he/she doesn't "leak" who the winner is to other people. The other problem is we really do want to work with 暮煾° but we wonder if he/she can speak English. If anyone wants to join the poster making team, tell them to create an ISML forum account and post here.

I have to disagree with the Kanade and Ruri posters though, because I don't think "too sex" is a problem and Ruri's fanart looks...incredibly good in my opinion. Everything else can be improved.
Thank you for your response. I apologize for being over critical on the posters, they weren't that bad if not comparing Ruri's poster with 2011's. It's glad to know the spot for poster making team is still available, as I am very interested in joining the team and I promise I won't giveaway the result, what do i need to do to apply for it( do I just creat a new post or...?)? It will be great if you can tell me more about it.

BTW, Since I couldn't have contact my friend yet, I am not sure whether she has any problem on English speaking, I wish she could receive my message as sion as possible. Thank you for your kind cooperation =).
oenothera2
Ninja
Ninja

Post by oenothera2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:07 am

Hikari-chan wrote:We try our best to communicate and get ideas across in order to make posters that satisfy the current Period. Sometimes it is harder than other times, and we just try our best to be creative while also maintaining some consistency in the way we do things. While this may not satisfy everyone, we do try our best and yes, sometimes it is hard when we are very busy. Like KholdStare mentioned, it would be nice to recruit others who are interested and will give us their word to not leak the winner(s) of each Period/exhibition round, but we also have to make sure that we can communicate well enough with them to make sure that things can go well without us having to worry about such details.

The posters we make are to represent the character, and that is why even if the ones that you have posted look very pretty (and they do!), they have a lot of inconsistency going on in the background and foreground that really retract from the focus on the winner. It was not our intention to make things seem "random", but sometimes it is difficult to create a sufficient poster in the deadline that we have from the time of knowing the winner.

But we are grateful for you bringing it to our attention, and we try not to disappoint anyone when it comes to posters, so we're hoping the effort we continue putting into them will show. But please don't let it deter you from continuing to support your favorite characters in the voting process, we're definitely doing what we can! :gumheart:
I am sorry that i did not considor the team's pressure before I start complaining about it. I understand how difficult it is tofinish a satisfying work in such a limited time,thus i am thankful to every poster makers' effort and efficiency . What you said about retracting the focus from the winner is really true, I will definitely do some improvement on this aspect. In my own opinion, I reckon the 2011 posters were the bests which the chooses of both background and character photos were excellent. I hope the quality of new coming posters could be as good as last year or even better. Thank you.=)
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 am

I'm going to give a warning that the timeframe for creating the posters will be between midnight and dawn (assuming the graphics people want some time for quality checking) for people in China.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:42 am

Some of us think that repeat winners are making it harder to make quality posters, because all of the good renders were already used in 2011. :)

@RegalStar: Not only that, but we have to do VC before we can start on the poster, a process that sometimes take a while, and especially in the necklace/postseason matches.

@oenothera2: We don't want to replace any 2012 posters, but there are still 2 circlet posters left. When the time comes, I'll contact you. What will probably happen is you'll have to submit the PSD to us so we can make the necessary adjustments before we finalize the poster.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 am

I love both posters and I think they can be used for next time maybe.
I hope more people will make posters like these.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 am

I enjoyed the posters from this year. I have no complaints, in fact I thought they were really good.
Fire Sisters!Show
Symino
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Your Top 5 worst necklace posters

Post by Symino » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 am

5) Shana Ruby 2011, 4) Setsana Sakarazaki Topaz 2008, 3) Eucliwood Hellscythe Diamond 2011, 2) Fate Testarossa Tiara 2008, 1) Tomoyo Sakagami Aquamarine 2009. Feel free to post yours :)
Arisa Kuhouin for RS 2016
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Re: Your Top 5 worst necklace posters

Post by Chocola » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

I don't really feel a great need for this topic. We all have right to an opinion, but such a listing serves no purpose except to demoralize the ISML graphics team.

There is one poster that the ISML staff really hates though and wants to remake when they have time, which is Tomoyo's Aquamarine 2009 poster.

But I guess this is a great time to announce that we will be using a new poster format starting 2013. Look forward to it, I guess?!? ^.^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:14 pm

I still think Sakurazaki Setsuna's 2008 Topaz poster is one of the best necklace poster ever. Rarely do you see a poster which makes people consider a character in a different positive way.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Ooooo a new poster format you say? I shall look forward to it!
Fire Sisters!Show
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Katsuragi Keima
2018 Female Favorite: Haibara Ai
2018 Male Favorite: Edogawa Conan
Wish: Complete my bucket list

Post by epeldoll » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 am

i think there is something missing ,lacking or something's not right in Kagami's poster (emerald necklace -2008)..
it's only my opinion..
I gave my 100% support to themShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 am

This thread is kinda...mean haha

I do believe that the ISML graphic team works really hard and we can see that the posters actually do get better and better from year to year.
Looking forward to the new poster format~
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Katsuragi Keima
2018 Female Favorite: Haibara Ai
2018 Male Favorite: Edogawa Conan
Wish: Complete my bucket list

Post by epeldoll » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:36 am

i also think that this thread is mean but it is where we can express our own opinion so that ISML can be more beautiful or more (i cant express it.).

sorry but I'm just expressing my opinion. no hard feelings to ISML graphic team.
I gave my 100% support to themShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by DurianDude » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:39 am

I don't like this thread. I have absolutely no artistic talent and make no contributions to the art whatsoever so I have no right to insult the work put out by the wonderful graphics team. Ganbatte graphics team! I love your work!
Fire Sisters!Show