Banners for ISML 2013

Show off your ISML-related talents, whatever they may be. You can also request character avatar changes here.
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: adventure

Re: Banners for ISML 2013

Post by HeartClover » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:53 am

Some really pretty banners so far, I hope to see more~
Updated my first post again (changed the second and fourth banner a bit). I'll make some more over winter break, maybe.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Hikari-chan
Kholdy's Master
Kholdy's Master
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Worships: rider ♥ sinon ♥
Melon Pan: 110
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2018 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2018 Male Favorite: Levi
Wish: being able to make everyone around me happier in some way

Post by Hikari-chan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:42 am

kukimunstir wrote:
shiraoky wrote:
Hikari-chan wrote:I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment, but I tried to throw something together. I think I'm gonna fix it when I can!
SpoilerShow
Uninspired?! D:! That looks so pretty! ;_;!!
just imagine when she gets really inspired X)
You guys are sweet and funny~ <3 I was just kinda procrastinating, though I did fix the colors a little and as well as the text, plus some plainer banners. Might end up adjusting these later too... I'm just out of it lately, lol
SpoilerShow
edit: third banner sucked, removing it until I fix it

thank you so much to my wonderful santa! <3
mal | twitter
yukiTomoyo
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Natsumi Rikako
Wish: the animation of Rewrite.

Post by yukiTomoyo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:52 pm

failed resultsShow
updatedShow
Has it been better than the one before or I just need to change the colour of the logo......
Last edited by yukiTomoyo on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.

Post by Alwerien » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:58 pm

For now I am still gathering material to use for banners. Just you wait! I'm feeling lazy and want to reuse some of my last year's because I feel I will miss them a lot..but I really shouldn't, should I...

So anyways! Since I'm too lazy to present some of my (unexistant) work, I shall look over the others~
RedDawningSky wrote:Looks like fun! (Actually, a few months ago I made a whole bunch of potential bases for next year that got lost when my laptop died... sigh.)

Here's my first attempt and I'll probably try to do more when I have time!
SpoilerShow
I like the soft colors, but I think the picture is a bit too smudgy/sketchy..even though that might have been intended. Just take it as my personal opinion.
miyaku2 wrote:Tried some today..and failed
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Nice ideas but I think the banners are too oversaturated for me. The first one blends nicely together though. As for the second one, I really like the mood the picture gives with the left side, but the oversaturated red shades in the face distract me from it. And logo color~
JLoable91 wrote:Nyaa! Great banners already~
Jerro's submissionsShow
ImageImageImageImage
You may guess the characters but it's not that hard~ :p

But I plan on making three more. They'll be more oriented towards new 2012-anime~
They might be a bit too easy to recognize, haha. Some of them at least.
The first banner is pretty catchy. The second..I'm sorry, don't like it very much. That pink/burgundy.....wine, blood or what it is really breaks it for me as it doesn't compliment the rest of picture and the text doesn't really seem to fit much either. (The text fits better than the previous version, but it makes that hot pink stand out so much more, especially when even her face is blue..) I'd also suggest trying to align/blend in the 2013 with the arches of the building behind. The third one is cute, but I think having just picture on one side and huge text on other is very uneven for banners.
I like the fourth one a lot! Maybe I'd suggest try placing the main ISML2013 text differently though? As in, either make one line left, other center, last right (just not with only the aligning) or aligning it all to left...? It looks like you make a wall in the picture if you align it to right there. As for the fifth...well...it's not bad. The colors match well and only thing I'm not sure about is the placement of fufufu~ something seems a little odd about it, maybe the rotation? Hmm. The last one..makes me hungry. And the green logo doesn't match greens in the picture. Overall, a lot of them are nice.
HeartClover wrote:I made a few~
SpoilerShow
Clovie, that's few? There was less before the edit right~ I quite like them all and they have this wintery feel..and I love scarves. I think the text and logo on the first one could use some work, this way it intrudes into the picture and the purple of logo doesn't really match anything in it. And for the text, it could look better with some italicized/slanted font as the whole picture seems to be tilted from the tree to the snow. I like the picture you used in second, but it seems a bit too blurry and I don't think the font fits. The third one is soft and pretty! Maybe only if the picture was a bit more up, so the character didn't have a part of eye cut in there. I like the text on this one too. The fourth one has a cute picture and even the text seems to fit, though I kinda question the quality of the picture..or the filters you possibly used on it. The last one has the soft feeling I like again but something doesn't seem right with the logo to me. Maybe it's cos I just don't like the logo's not-soft-at-all look, haha.
kukimunstir wrote:
difficulty using the right fonts,colors and blending ><"Show
Wahhh, I'm just not one for colors like these. You did a good job with them though. The first..I find the filter kind of distracting but well, others might like it. What really distracts me though are the legs in the right corner though, haha XD. The second seems fine, just the logo doesn't really fit in. Hmm, I wonder if you can use the filters on the logo too to make it match somehow. Aaaaand I love the last one!

keep up the good job guys!
gaah now i'm sleepy
JLoable91 wrote:I think I'm addicted to making these!~ XO
Morenyaa~Show
ImageImageImageImage
You addict! Alright, for your next batch of banners. Hmm, I don't really think the styling of the fonts you went with works much with the picture but it's not bad. The second one ..is too bright for me but it's pretty! The third..hah, that picture. I think it works, the banner text is nice but dunno about the Dear diary...it looks slightly off. Also, logo coloooor! Last one...as someone said, it looks kinda too bloody. I know and like that picture, but I don't think in this way it's much of a useable logo material if you consider how Feito-chan picks them. And that font is really...strange...what font is that D:
nteoez wrote:
tried making a few... maybe characters are too obvious...Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The first one....why do you use sad pictures D: Anyways, the logo doesn't blend in well + it's unreadable here. I..like the second one, even if it's just legs. I think the third one is a bit too bland, with 90% of the banner being a single color and the pink logo... Fourth...wait, do you have some sort of foot fetish? XD. That one is interesting but the picture is actually just on the right side and not sure if the left one matches too well...at least duplicate some library- Though I guess because of the text..oh well. Not much of a fan of the 2012 spread like that though. I like the fifth one's mood but the ISML text and logo seems a bit too contrasty with the picture being all dark. Hm, next. Orange...too orange. Ahem. I mean, you really do have a foot fetish, don't you. It's kinda unusual take on banners, though it's not bad. I¨d try turning the tiara yellow and the text on in red though. Well, it might not work. As for the last one, the image could make for a nice banner, but I think that black pixely font really ruins it.

Hikari-chan wrote: You guys are sweet and funny~ <3 I was just kinda procrastinating, though I did fix the colors a little and as well as the text, plus some plainer banners. Might end up adjusting these later too... I'm just out of it lately, lol
SpoilerShow
edit: third banner sucked, removing it until I fix it
Darn. Didn't get to see it before you took it down : <
I hope I didn't bully you with the colors.. XD I like it much more this way though. And the second one is really pretty! Maybe try lightening/tinting the tiara blue on it though? The black spots on it just... *stabs logo*
yukiTomoyo wrote:
failed resultsShow
The banner picture is really pretty and I like it, the text too, even though I'd probably pick slightly different hue... but what exactly did you look to the logo to make it look like spilled mustard over pretty picture ;_;

I'M SORRY EVERYONE I THINK I WAS TOO HARSH. DON'T HATE ME---- THEY ARE ALL NICE IN THEIR OWN WAY AND I CAN SEE YOU ARE WORKING HARD!
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Thanks Aru for the comments :3 I will edit and upload them later.
some moreShow
honestly i'm not satisfied.gah it's so hard to find matching fonts and color
@YukiTomoyo I think it's nice and pretty. But something's wrong with the logo. Looks like the logo is over bold or something ^^;
@Hikarin Too bad I didn't get to see the third one. And the 2nd banner,beautiful,gaah I really hope I have your skills~
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:42 pm

You're an awesome critic Aru-chan! Don't worry about feeling bad~ ;3
changesShow
1. Changed the rotation of fufufu
2. Made it slightly darker
3. Changed logo color
4. Removed Dear diary and changed logo color
5. Different alignment for the main ISML13

Also updated these in the original posts~

But I can't seem to find solutions for the second banner (part 1), third banner (part 1, the left side of the banner is also the border of the full pic so I can't change that :/), first banner (part 2, I'm still trying but I don't really know what to do ;__;), fourth banner (part 2, the font is Beech (which actually fits Komachi well as it looks kinda spirity~ :3 But I don't know what to do with the bloody look of the banner)
Spindler
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by Spindler » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:54 pm

a few attemptsShow
Edit: Updated banner 3, thanks for the feedback~
Last edited by Spindler on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miyaku2
Bandit
Bandit

Post by miyaku2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:32 am

@Alwerien
Thanks for the comments ><
Hmm..now that you say I just noticed it was too saturated. I will edit them later. Thanks again:)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper and Hikari-chan for the amazing sigs&slivers:)
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.

Post by Alwerien » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 am

I'm so glad noone got offended by my critique, haha.. ^_^; I will upload mine soon, once I'm satisfied with them.
kukimunstir wrote:Thanks Aru for the comments :3 I will edit and upload them later.
some moreShow
honestly i'm not satisfied.gah it's so hard to find matching fonts and color
I like these two new! Especially the first. Seeing these though, have you ever considered resizing the ISML logo? Sometimes it can look too out of place at this size. As long as it's easily readable, resizing the logo or making it partially transparent is fine.
yukiTomoyo wrote:
updatedShow
Has it been better than the one before or I just need to change the colour of the logo......
It's definitely better! Crisu could say it's not readable enough as it is now though. Have you tried changing the setting of the style of the font layer besides the stroke? As it is now, you are just changing the font color and stroke, but there is still the black shadow which looks really weird on yellow. It could look good if you say made the font yellow matching with the picture and then picked some dark yellow/orange/whatever fits as the shadow color. Black shadow doesn't usually look good on yellows. Changing the color itself by some light yellow overlay on the tiara could make it look better but I'd need to see to compare. Don't think it's necessary though, the most troublesome right now is the font.
JLoable91 wrote:You're an awesome critic Aru-chan! Don't worry about feeling bad~ ;3
changesShow
1. Changed the rotation of fufufu
2. Made it slightly darker
3. Changed logo color
4. Removed Dear diary and changed logo color
5. Different alignment for the main ISML13

Also updated these in the original posts~

But I can't seem to find solutions for the second banner (part 1), third banner (part 1, the left side of the banner is also the border of the full pic so I can't change that :/), first banner (part 2, I'm still trying but I don't really know what to do ;__;), fourth banner (part 2, the font is Beech (which actually fits Komachi well as it looks kinda spirity~ :3 But I don't know what to do with the bloody look of the banner)
Haha I wouldn't call myself an awesome critic but thank you~
I don't think you really needed to remove the Dear diary, but it would need a better placement/be blended more in to fit, I think. Otherwise I like the changes!

Sorry that I can't offer better solution for the I/2 banner ;_; I think the I/3 one may stay the way it is, it's cute even if a bit uneven. the II/1 one..I guess it just needs some kind of inspiration hit. And the Komachi font is actually fine, I just haven't seen it before so I got curious~ But yeah, it's a bit too bloody-ish. You could try some color replacing for the red and tone it down somehow? Would need to see the original to know if it's possible to do something with it I guess.
Spindler wrote:
a few attemptsShow
I quite like these "attempts" :3 Maybe just, have you tried having the picture higher/rotated on the last one so it doesn't show part of her eye like that? I understand that it's not always possible to avoid this though.
miyaku2 wrote:@Alwerien
Thanks for the comments ><
Hmm..now that you say I just noticed it was too saturated. I will edit them later. Thanks again:)
No problem~ Don't go out of your way to edit them if it's just me though :3 I just like the idea of softer color combinations for banners because otherwise they distract a bit too much from the content of the site itself.

Still not happy with mine enough to post ;_;
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:15 am

ChangesShow
^ Still not sure about the text...
^ Idk if it's still too blurry. I blame the original image.
^ Fixed the eye.
^ Fixed the filters.
^ Tried a softer colour with the logo.
I need to download some new fonts...
Last edited by HeartClover on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hikari-chan
Kholdy's Master
Kholdy's Master
Badges:
Worships: rider ♥ sinon ♥
Melon Pan: 110
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2018 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2018 Male Favorite: Levi
Wish: being able to make everyone around me happier in some way

Post by Hikari-chan » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:29 am

Hey, HeartClover! I dunno if you still needed the image, but I was able to find it here! (Decided to link it since it's kinda big). Everyone's been doing their best to contribute, thanks so much for all the contributions so far! :gumheart:

thank you so much to my wonderful santa! <3
mal | twitter
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Katsuragi Keima
2018 Female Favorite: Haibara Ai
2018 Male Favorite: Edogawa Conan
Wish: Complete my bucket list

Post by epeldoll » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm just a beginner though (i only know basic).. hope you appreciate it. ^.^
bannerShow
this is my favorite..
SpoilerShow
i think you can easily guess the characters.
Edited : to add more pics.
Last edited by epeldoll on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I gave my 100% support to themShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore

Post by epeldoll » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:56 pm

JLoable91 wrote:Nyaa! Great banners already~
Jerro's submissionsShow
ImageImageImageImage
You may guess the characters but it's not that hard~ :p

But I plan on making three more. They'll be more oriented towards new 2012-anime~
i love it ,especially the 1st and the 5th..
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy

Post by HeartClover » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:20 am

Hikari-chan wrote:Hey, HeartClover! I dunno if you still needed the image, but I was able to find it here! (Decided to link it since it's kinda big). Everyone's been doing their best to contribute, thanks so much for all the contributions so far! :gumheart:
Thanks Hikarin~
I edited the post with the changes (don't want to keep reposting the same thing).
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by kukimunstir » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:53 am

@Clovie IMO you already did very well with your banners. I like them especially 3,4 and 5. I think you don't need to edit them anymore. Text for banner ,1 I think it looks good. And you changed the logo position as well. Banner 2 I think it's better, not too blurry anymore.

@Epeldoll "Guard Skill, Distortion". Mayoi,Tomoyo,Suiseiseki,Miku. meeh I don't know who qX
All your banner looks good.I love the pictures you used.But-but something looks wrong with the logos except the Kanade one.Aaand third Banner, the year text is huge hahaha
Made more honestly I'm too lazy to edit previous one but I'll tryShow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extras~The dark side of Saimoe
*updated
Last edited by kukimunstir on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore

Post by epeldoll » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 am

kukimunstir wrote: @Epeldoll "Guard Skill, Distortion". Mayoi,Tomoyo,Suiseiseki,Miku. meeh I don't know who qX
All your banner looks good.I love the pictures you used.But-but something looks wrong with the logos except the Kanade one.Aaand third Banner, the year text is huge hahaha

yeah i forgot to merged the logo that why it is a failure..
boring so i made another.Show
Last edited by epeldoll on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by kukimunstir » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 am

Yea always used the already merged one. Wow the new banner looks futuristic and awesome =D
epeldoll
Claymore
Claymore

Post by epeldoll » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:49 am

kukimunstir wrote:Yea always used the already merged one. Wow the new banner looks futuristic and awesome =D
gee thanks. 0///0.
Izfanx
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Worships: Yuuki Asuna
Wish: LIVE IN AKIBAHARA

Post by Izfanx » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:05 am

lol I'm so nervous this is like my first time creating a banner for something and I'm so noob in Photoshop so please give me feedback it's fine if its a negative one but don't make it sound so harsh XD. It looks good to me but I don't know bout you guys ._.
ISML BannerShow
ImageImageImageImage
EDIT: btw, anybody knows how to make those "bling-bling" effects on photoshop? ^.^
and anyway, if anyone can gimme a link/tutorial about how to make these kinds of moe banners would be appreciatied :bigsmile:
Uh does the "girl" on the banner must be from an anime?
Last edited by Izfanx on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Banner Art THX To Midnight-Jasper-sama
Lolinekocchi
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Enomoto Takane / Ene
Wish: To marry Hyuuga in Kancolle before her 'birthday'

Post by Lolinekocchi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:12 am

So I edited a few.

Credits goes to their respectful artists. Easy to guess? I wish not... Ugh, still not satisfied
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Currently busy with Teitoku works (read: Kancolle) and college.