By the order of the ISML Fujoshi Seitokai Council Directive 2014 (kidding),
Welcome to the ISML 2014 Awards Art Contest! About one week ago the ISML Forums have presented the ISML 2014 Best Character without a staff-poster awards after some intense competition. The winners are Nakano Azusa from K-ON! (Regular Season), Aoyama Nanami from Sakura-so no Pet na Kanojo (Postseason), and Miyauchi Renge from Non non Biyori (Preliminaries but not into Regular Season). Now you can make a poster for each of them and honor them!
Here are the rules for the contest:
1. You can only make ONE poster for each of the three awardees: Nakano Azusa, Aoyama Nanami and Miyauchi Renge. You can at least submit one poster and at most submit three posters in total.
2. You do NOT have to use the template provided by us. However, if you are unconfident, use the template. The template is available at:
https://mega.co.nz/#!mUsDXSBb!AL1-G2L2k ... limyIR6HOE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; AND
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1gdKiQNx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please refer to the guidelines below.
3. All submissions must be submitted through the forums in person or by proxy. Designated volunteers shall be responsible for collecting artworks from different platforms. We have 3 areas available for submitting entries, i.e.
a. ISML Forums
b. Baidu ISML Tieba
c. ISML Official Facebook Fans Page
Your entry MUST appear in a post in this thread in the ISML forums in order to be considered valid. The ISML Official Facebook Fans Page administrators shall be assisting to post entries to the forums. Me (smartboyhw) shall be responsible for transferring entries from Baidu ISML Tieba to ISML Forums.
4. If you are not submitting directly through the forum, please provide us with a one-word alphanumeric username (if you don’t have one).
5. The deadline is 23rd November, 2014.
6. A public voting shall be held after the organizers have finished organizing the entries. The polls shall be held in:
a. ISML Forums
b. Baidu ISML Tieba
The administrative arrangements for the two voting areas will be announced when the voting begins. There will be judges in this contest and their score weighting shall be announced later.
7. If you would like to submit a revised version of your poster(s), please DELETE the old poster(s) from the original post and put in the links with the new poster(s) to your original post.
Guidelines to making the poster:
Font: http://archive.internationalsaimoe.com/ ... lxfree.ttf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Unfortunately, we have stopped support for GIMP. However, you can download Photoshop CS2 here with registration*.
*Photoshop CS2 is not really free but it's available for download with free registration, so do it and spare me the details-
How to use pen tool to extract: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photos ... 4abfly.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you add more posters or replace a poster, please edit your original post and add/change the respective links.
Deadline: 23rd November, 2014
1) Sample Poster & Expectations
You are required to have:
- One eligible female character out of the three award winners
- Her name (Nakano Azusa / Aoyama Nanami / Miyauchi Renge)
- ISML 2014 Logo and the Exhibition Glyph
- Dimensions of the poster must be 480 x 648 pixels
- You do NOT have to use the template, as long as you have the things mentioned above
- You may change the font, color, text location, logo location, and resize
- You may even earn extra points for creativity!
Open the Text group to access the layers inside the textbox.
Here, you can select and move the Exhibition Glyph. The layer "Name Here" is where the character name should be changed. The upper line of text at the top of the poster is in the layer "some text", while the lower line of the text is "more text". Note that the color of the name can be changed in Layer Style, the Color Overlay section. If you want to quickly change the colors of the name and text, just edit the Layer Style of one of the layers, right click the layer -> Copy Layer Style, and you can use Paste Layer Style on other layers. The texts and logos are under the "Text & Logo" group.
3) Preset Effects
Under the Effects group, you can choose from a variety of staff-made effects to add to your poster. You are only supposed to use one of the default Curves layer, if you don't make your own.
However, beware that if you turn on layers randomly, you will not get the desired effects you want. If you want to use these presets, you should be comfortable with the following:
- Know how to use use Layer Blending Options (Screen, Soft Light, Color Dodge, etc...)
- Know how to change Opacity and Fill of a layer
- Know how to paint on a Layer Mask to remove parts of effects you don't want (such as in the facial area)
- Know how to use Photoshop's Filter Gallery
- Know when to not go overboard.
Please save your poster in High Quality, Baseline Optimized, JPEG file. PNG has too high file size (for posters), and GIF is too lossy. Please no BMP or TIFF; I will
In the past, images stored on PhotoBucket has become unavailable due to high bandwidth. In this case, the staff could not collect your poster in time and your hard work will unfortunately be skipped over unless it is rehosted. For a more reliable image hosting service, please use imgur, TinyPic, or ImageShack.
And finally, have fun!