- Senjōgahara Hitagi (Monogatari series)
Yūki Mikan (To LOVE-Ru)
Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!)
Sawamura Spencer Eriri (Saenai Heroine no Sodakekata)
Here are the rules for submission:
1. You can only make ONE poster for each of the four contestants listed above. You can at most submit four posters in total. You do not have to make posters for every contestant listed.
2. As we are calling for "official" poster submissions, you MUST use the template. THE TEMPLATE AND FONTS are available at:
Mega: https://mega.nz/#F!7JVw0ZYD!3PF1JTTK4wTVTaP9W5L81w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Baidu: 链接: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXBmzBe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 密码: w1x9
Please refer to the guidelines below and ONLY use the official ISML English name of the characters. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU USE THE APPROPRIATE MACRONS which are provided in the template.
3. All submissions must be submitted through the forums in person or by proxy. Designated volunteers shall be responsible for collecting artworks from different platforms. We have 2 areas available for submitting entries, i.e.
a. ISML Forums
b. Baidu ISML Tieba
Your entry MUST appear in a post in this thread in the ISML forums in order to be considered valid. I shall be responsible for transferring entries from Baidu ISML Tieba to ISML Forums.
4. If you are not submitting directly through the forums, please provide us with a one-word alphanumeric username (if you don’t have one).
5. The deadline is by the end of Diamond 3 voting, i.e. 29th October, 2016, 15:00 UTC.
6. If you would like to submit a revised version of your poster(s), please DELETE the old poster(s) from the original post and put in the links with the new poster(s) to your original post.
7. Any ISML creative staff members (see here for the full list) are not eligible to participate to ensure that it is a work from the community.
8. To decide the winner, we will be hosting polls in Tieba and in the forums, along with judge voting. The ratio shall be 50% judges, 25% Tieba, 25% forums. The voting shall be held from 1st November, 2016 to 14th November, 2016 (start of Diamond 4 voting to start of Diamond NM voting).
9. We will announce the winning posters for each character along with 1-2 "fan favorite" and 2-3 "honourable mention" awards before we proceed on the remaining matches in the bracket. Apart from the winning poster corresponding to the eventual winner being the official poster for the Divine Circlet 2016, we are planning to use the posters as avatars during the remaining stages of the tournament.
10. We reserve the right to disqualify your Mikan poster entry if it is nearly identical to your submission last year.
Guidelines to making the poster:
Unfortunately, we have stopped support for GIMP. However, you can download Photoshop CS2 here with registration*.
*Photoshop CS2 is not really free but it's available for download with free registration
How to use pen tool to extract: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photos ... 4abfly.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you add more posters or replace a poster, please edit your original post and add/change the respective links.
Deadline: 29th October, 2016, 15:00 UTC
1) Sample Poster & Expectations
The sample poster is kindly provided by Kurogarasu based on her submission last year.
Please remember that since you are submitting for an official poster, do NOT deviate from the template. That includes the font, colour of the glyph and text, font size, location of the text, the ISML logo and the exhibition glyph, resizing the logo and glyph, removing the words "Divine Circlet", etc. The only items you should be changing is the layer "Name Here" where you type in the name and the position of the macron (if needed), and also adding in the picture and the desired effects that you're choosing.
Please do NOT add the word "Exhibition" in as the ISML Creative Staff has decided that the Exhibition Glyph is sufficient and therefore the removal of the word starting from ISML 2015.
2) Changing Text and Name
Open the Text group to access the layers inside the textbox.
The layer "name here" is where the character name should be changed. The upper line of text at the top of the poster is in the layer "divine circlet" (i.e. the words "Divine Circlet"), while the lower line of text at the top of the poster is in the layer "more text" (no words should be in the layer).
3) Preset Effects
Under the Effects group, you can choose from a variety of staff-made effects to add to your poster. You are only supposed to use one of the default Curves layer, if you don't make your own.
However, beware that if you turn on layers randomly, you will not get the desired effects you want. If you want to use these presets, you should be comfortable with the following:
- Know how to use use Layer Blending Options (Screen, Soft Light, Color Dodge, etc...)
- Know how to change Opacity and Fill of a layer
- Know how to paint on a Layer Mask to remove parts of effects you don't want (such as in the facial area)
- Know how to use Photoshop's Filter Gallery
- Know when to not go overboard.
4) Saving and Submitting Posters
Please save your poster in PNG file with no interlace (see below). JPEG file is also acceptable. DO NOT SEND ME INTERLACED PNG OR BMP OR TIFF; I will send an assassin to you.
In the past, images stored on PhotoBucket have become unavailable due to high bandwidth. In this case, the staff could not collect your poster in time and your hard work will unfortunately be skipped over unless it is rehosted. For a more reliable image hosting service, please use imgur, TinyPic, or ImageShack.
And finally, have fun!