ISML Karaoke 2018: Round 1, Group 2

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.

Which entries deserve to advance?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 amPlease note that results are sorted by decreasing number of votes received.

Entry 108 (mahou)
42%
Entry 109 (last regrets)
26%
Entry 106 (mosaic kakera)
16%
Entry 107 (yubikiri genman)
11%
Entry 110 (jibun [email protected])
5%

Total votes: 19
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

ISML Karaoke 2018: Round 1, Group 2

Post by Chocola » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 am

Rules:
  • In your comments, please refer to entry numbers or song titles instead of participant names.
  • You can vote for a maximum of 2 entries.
  • Constructive criticism is allowed but don't be rude.
  • Try to not have bias if you know the song, and judge based on the vocals.
  • Your votes will be anonymous. You could (and should) vote for yourself.
https://staff.internationalsaimoe.com/s ... 8_R1G2.zip
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: ISML Karaoke 2018: Round 1, Group 2

Post by Reverend » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:13 am

why do we allow 108 to participate, again? She's too cheat.
SpoilerShow
106: ... he ended up avoiding the high notes. :(
107: should have used a guitar cover. And should have used a slower tempo one. Bcs it will fit male voices better. As for singing... man that's difficult. Well, at least you got the first "Yubikiri genman" (partly) right.
108: cheat.
109: ... it was a brave attempt, is all I can say.
110: Control!
Last edited by Reverend on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:29 am

Entry 1Show
You kept tempo throughout the entire song, which is pretty hard to do, especially when the song is as rhythmic as yours. It got me into the song quite nicely.

If anything, if you had found a purely instrumental backtrack it would've been nice just to hear your voice only. You might be worried about pitch issues, but you can actually get away with more if you're the only voice singing.

Confidence is key for any singer. You have great tempo control, be confident and have fun singing!
Entry 2Show
Nice song. It's very melodic and lyrical, and you definitely warm up to the song as you keep singing. Try to start off in the same style and start strong. Be careful with your tone, especially in a song like this.

There are moments where you really capture the essence of the song and it shines through. The song is really nice, did I mention that?

Not sure what was going on in the bridge there, a little terrifying to be honest. I'd say that none of the layering worked out except for the last note, but the last note was solid - so it wasn't a bad idea! I think experimentation is risky but it can be worth it - plus its fun.
Entry 3Show
The first few notes of the song, I'm already swaying my head left and right to the melody. So nice.

I love the way you sound so relaxed when you're singing. It's something that gives your voice a really clear, warm quality that makes me relaxed just listening to it. And if I'm not mistaken, is that your own guitar playing? It doesn't sound like a backtrack at all. If yes, then that's super awesome, major props to you (and if not, well you found a really good backtrack!).

I don't even think I could make up negative things to say really, I'm definitely not good enough.
Entry 4Show
Your voice is strong and stable, very firm and sure. You should make more use of it! I think some added emotion would just explode the sound in a really good way.

Otherwise it was a very stoic piece. Nothing wrong with that, but it seems a waste of such a good voice. But if that's what you were going for, I think it worked very well. I'd love to hear you sing something more lyrical or energetic. Next round, perhaps?
Entry 5Show
I love this song (the backtrack is just a little too soft). It's pretty hard though! I can tell you struggled a little with it, which is fine (I think this song is like really really hard). A suggestion with fast songs that have a catchy rhythm: if you bob to the rhythm, or tap your foot, or do anything physical to keep yourself on the beat, it'll actually help you sing with the song too.

Otherwise your mic is a bit muffled, so I couldn't hear your voice clearly. Otherwise I think you have a basic idea of the pitch and rhythm, just polish it more. I can tell you're having fun, which is more important than anything else. I'd invite you to karaoke if we lived near each other~
Last edited by blaZofgold on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karob
Claymore
Claymore
Badges:
Worships: ♪♫
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Jeanne d'Arc
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
2017 Female Favorite: Asada Shino
2017 Male Favorite: Shirogane Kei (Shiroe)
Wish: At the end of all our lives, to be able to say, "it was worth it".

Post by Karob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Slow melancholic songs OP. :D
ImageImageImage
MyAnimeListSoundcloudSakata Mountain
"The right answer is to never stop thinking." ~Seikaisuru Kado
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 am

SpoilerShow
Song 106

Is pressing down on the throat too much. Need much better pitch control. Perhaps relax a bit and then breath in bit more before singing. Also try some scale exercises with a keyboard to improve pitch control

Song 107

Need bit more confidence at beginning. more variety in vocalization technique would be nice. Good low notes. decent pitch, dynamic, rhythm control. The song request rather exquisite legato-staccato technique that would be hard for most people, so no points deducted for this aspect. Nice chorus attempt.

Song 108

This is a good singer, so I am going to raise the judging standard WAY ABOVE others here. Need to sound more firm, bringing more diaphragm, stomach and deeper breathing into action. Some of higher notes need more clear accents. Legato needs to be warmer. Nice pronunciation in most places. Some fade outs would have been nice in some places. Better maintenance of passion would have made the performance excellent. Listen to how the guitar parts attack certain parts of the song and try to emulate in the song. Still, compared to most of others, very good performance. The singer did enough to make me use my higher review level.

Song 109

Relax more. Breathe more deeper before singing. This song needs that Full Balloon letting out air little bit at a time kind of technique. Need to think about dynamic and legato a bit more.

Song 110

OOhhh. Rather ambitious song. Need to catch up. The song is really fast, which is hard. sorry but too many things are off. May be a easier song?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:28 am

Entries 108 and 109 advance to next round. :) Please start working on your Round 2 entries. You have until the end of December.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Chibasa
[You can (not) Zura]
[You can (not) Zura]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Yamada Naoko
Melon Pan: 120
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Kyon
2017 Female Favorite: Kasumigaoka Utaha
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: Creating the best card game

Post by Chibasa » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 am

OUTRAGEOUS WIN !
ImageImage
Secret Santax Time
much more stuff than ToadyShow
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hikarin is the best
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 pm

I forgot to mention that if you didn't advance and would like to submit an exhibition entry, you are welcome to do so.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage