[Poll] Web Browsers

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.

Pick the web browser you use most frequently:

Internet Explorer
5%
Mozilla Firefox
38%
Google Chrome
51%
Opera
3%
Safari
2%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 63
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Re: [Poll] Web Browsers

Post by Wolfnagi » Fri May 18, 2012 8:09 am

Alexander wrote:IE's only use is to download Firefox or Chrome.
This.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Fri May 18, 2012 8:18 am

Wolfnagi wrote:
This.
I agree.
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 pm

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Wolfnagi wrote:
This.
I agree.
Third~

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri May 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Eater-of-All wrote:IE is quicker and more convenient.
Wut.
Sedon wrote:
xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Wolfnagi wrote:
This.
I agree.
Third~
Hey now. I'm still using Windows "XP", and I still need IE to download Windows Updates because the Automatic Updates setting sucks and doesn't auto-update like it's supposed to.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Sat May 19, 2012 12:23 am

Kordosa wrote:
Eater-of-All wrote:IE is quicker and more convenient.
Wut.
Sedon wrote:
xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Wolfnagi wrote:
This.
I agree.
Third~
Hey now. I'm still using Windows "XP", and I still need IE to download Windows Updates because the Automatic Updates setting sucks and doesn't auto-update like it's supposed to.
You can't update through the control panel?
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Sat May 19, 2012 1:25 am

Firefox. It really likes to act up from time to time, but it has a bunch of things I need that Chrome doesn't provide really.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat May 19, 2012 1:27 am

Teaspoon wrote:
Kordosa wrote:I'm still using Windows "XP", and I still need IE to download Windows Updates because the Automatic Updates setting sucks and doesn't auto-update like it's supposed to.
You can choose your update settings in the control panel, but you can't actually force an update check on demand through it. The only way to do that is to go to the Microsoft Update web page using IE. I always prefer doing it manually through the website since I know that my computer will be updated. With Automatic Updates, yes, it will notify me that there are updates and will download/install them, but it does it in the background and I'm liable to forget that it's updating while I'm doing something else and I might turn off the computer while it's still doing the updates. And there's no clear indication of its progress since there's no dialog box like there is on the website. So I usually have it set to only tell me if there are updates available so I can do it myself. I've done it this way for several years now since it had proven to be a hassle.

I'm actually being notified there are updates available right now as a matter of fact.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 am

Kordosa wrote:
Teaspoon wrote:
Kordosa wrote:I'm still using Windows "XP", and I still need IE to download Windows Updates because the Automatic Updates setting sucks and doesn't auto-update like it's supposed to.
You can choose your update settings in the control panel, but you can't actually force an update check on demand through it. The only way to do that is to go to the Microsoft Update web page using IE. I always prefer doing it manually through the website since I know that my computer will be updated. With Automatic Updates, yes, it will notify me that there are updates and will download/install them, but it does it in the background and I'm liable to forget that it's updating while I'm doing something else and I might turn off the computer while it's still doing the updates. And there's no clear indication of its progress since there's no dialog box like there is on the website. So I usually have it set to only tell me if there are updates available so I can do it myself. I've done it this way for several years now since it had proven to be a hassle.

I'm actually being notified there are updates available right now as a matter of fact.
I just ask because I haven't used X.P in over 4 years and I don't remember how I used to do it myself. I always turn automatic updates off, those drive me insane, but with 7 I just update after Windows Patch Day (second Tuesday of the month) via the control panel. Kinda sucks if you can't do that in X.P :(
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sat May 19, 2012 1:58 am

Teaspoon wrote:I always turn automatic updates off, those drive me insane, but with 7 I just update after Windows Patch Day (second Tuesday of the month) via the control panel. Kinda sucks if you can't do that in X.P :(
Actually, it's the same thing. I'm just using IE instead of the Control Panel. It's probably the same amount of mouse clicks either way, and there are several ways to do it in "XP". One that I literally just figured out is to use the "Run..." command under the Start Menu and type "wupdmgr" and press "Enter". And it'll pull up the Microsoft Update webpage in IE. And that might work in Vista/7 as well.
QuotesShow
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Sat May 19, 2012 4:37 pm

Netscape
spoiler alert :3
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun May 20, 2012 7:08 pm

^ Oh, cool. We finally get someone who uses something else. I was still hoping we might get at least one Linux user, a couple of Mac people, or someone who uses one of the myriad open-source browsers (other than Firefox), but I guess that's hoping for too much. ^^;

As for the apparent lack of knowledge/experience with Opera, I feel I must promote it so you guys can at least see what it offers. Whether or not you guys decide to try it out is up to you because I know people simply like what they like, lol.
About OperaShow
Opera was first released in 1994 by a developer in Norway, and has long been an innovator in terms of browser features that have arisen over the years. Usually, Opera will come out with a new feature first and then Firefox or Chrome will do something very similar soon after.

A few of the things I personally like and use often in Opera:

Keyword Search - First of all, I really like Opera's Keyword Search function. This is now present in Firefox (and probably Chrome), but I love Opera's simplicity. Here's the tutorial on it. Another thing is that any custom searches you added are also added to the quick search box at the top.

Tab Stacking - While Firefox and Chrome also allow users to rearrange tabs, I'm not sure if they also allow you to group tabs together like in Opera. Here's a short tutorial with this feature.

Closed Tabs - The Closed Tabs feature is another thing I like. It's sort of like the Recycle Bin in Windows. Here's a tutorial for it. The only restriction is that the tab(s) must have been closed during the current browsing session. It can't recover closed tabs from a previous session.

Sessions - Finally, there's the session manager. I didn't find a tutorial on YouTube for it, but essentially it allows you to save a group of tabs for later. Let's say you found several items on sale on Amazon and wanted to save those pages to view later. You can open the page for each item in a separate tab and choose to save them as a group using the "Sessions" menu under "Tabs and Windows". You can even set a name for it. Then later, you can open the session you saved and it'll automatically open those tabs.

Other things that Opera has include IRC chat, a built-in basic BitTorrent client, and an email client.
QuotesShow
DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Mon May 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Woohoo! I'm the first one who chose Safari, and it's pretty awesome xD
I'm guessing I'm the only one who has a Mac though judging from the poll results...

I've never tried Opera but its tab-stacking capabilities sound cool. I also had Google Chrome on my previous laptop, and it was good too (:
thank you santa
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 22, 2012 4:46 am

Kordosa wrote:I was still hoping we might get at least one Linux user, a couple of Mac people, or someone who uses one of the myriad open-source browsers (other than Firefox), but I guess that's hoping for too much. ^^;
DarknessHid wrote:I'm guessing I'm the only one who has a Mac though judging from the poll results...
Well, what do you know? Madoka does exist. :P

I actually used Safari for the first time today. It was on a customer's computer I was working on at the shop so I decided to try it out. I didn't do much with it so I have no comment. ^^;
QuotesShow
Nanakon
Shrine maiden
Shrine maiden

Post by Nanakon » Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 am

Google Chrome..
Incognito anyone?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon May 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I use Pale Moon, but it's just another (supposedly less memory intensive) version of Firefox anyways. I use Chrome sometimes, and IE only for sites that require it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue May 29, 2012 2:29 am

Firefox: For serious things that Chrome does not provide.
Chrome: Default browser, used for everyday little things.
IE: Whenever I use my desktop
Safari: Whenever I go to school (had to learn how to maneuver on a Mac during high school and college)
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 29, 2012 3:19 am

If this actually happens, I'm jumping ship straight to Firefox because I just know Facebook will ruin what makes Opera great.
QuotesShow
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 am

Kordosa wrote:If this actually happens, I'm jumping ship straight to Firefox because I just know Facebook will ruin what makes Opera great.
Bad news is bad.
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Tue May 29, 2012 9:39 am

Chrome becacause it works faster for me
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Chikara Icy
Mad scientist
Mad scientist
Wish: A better life

Post by Chikara Icy » Tue May 29, 2012 10:12 am

I always use Google Chrome to browsing Internet, sometime I use Mozilla to download anime