[Poll] Web Browsers

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.

Pick the web browser you use most frequently:

Internet Explorer
5%
Mozilla Firefox
38%
Google Chrome
51%
Opera
3%
Safari
2%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 63
Deathscyther
Space pirate
Space pirate
Melon Pan: 50

Re: [Poll] Web Browsers

Post by Deathscyther » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:34 pm

I mainly use Chrome nowadays, but I have to use IE at work (sadly...).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Thread rez since there wasn't another thread dedicated to web browsers and I didn't want to make one for just one post.

Opera has released version 12.17 for those awesome people who still use Opera 12. It patches a Heartbleed-related vulnerability so it's a highly recommended upgrade for Windows users. Mac and Linux users are not affected because the Heartbleed vulnerability takes advantage of an unrelated bug in Windows.

12.17 can be downloaded here.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh I get to update my answer, too.
Deathscyther wrote:I mainly use Chrome nowadays, but I have to use IE at work (sadly...).
Me, too...
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
HaloCapella
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: My Cuties!
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
Wish: Saimoe-chan's official debut.

Post by HaloCapella » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:46 pm

I used to use firefox alot, but now I'm using Chrome. Firefox just suddenly superslow by then (might be an add-on or something) but I'll have to fix that someday~
Admiral Paru ~~ Pixiv DeviantArt Twitter Image
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:38 pm

If you like having 300 tabs open, use Firefox. It caches older tabs until you click on them again.

If you like having 5 tabs and want them all to remain active, use Chrome.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 pm

Anybody who isn't using Chrome nowadays might want to get with the times...seriously, I've used the whole lot of the browsers and Chrome is hands down the most sleek, fast, and versatile of them all.

Firefox is made specifically for script dev junkies. Do you know what that means? No? Then you shouldn't be using it XD
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Even I've migrated from IE to Firefox now. NoScript is the best.
SpoilerShow
HaloCapella
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: My Cuties!
Melon Pan: 55
2018 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
Wish: Saimoe-chan's official debut.

Post by HaloCapella » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 pm

tho, the fact that connecting to Google more conveniently is a little scary actually~
Admiral Paru ~~ Pixiv DeviantArt Twitter Image
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:03 am

HaloCapella wrote:tho, the fact that connecting to Google more conveniently is a little scary actually~
Oh, come now. Google isn't evil. Surely, they wouldn't do anything bad.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Crisu » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 am

Eater-of-All wrote:Even I've migrated from IE to Firefox now. NoScript is the best.
I... I... wow.
I feel like we should do something to commemorate.

On a side note, I think in a separate thread I was talking about IE's new mascot, Aizawa Inori. She's a little cute, I guess, but not enough to convert people who have already gone away, IMO. Plus I expected that browser to have lots of custom skins/themes, but it really just changes your homepage...
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:58 pm

I mainly use opera 12. I tried opera 20 but didn't really like the changes.
I have chrome as well, but only use it if a website doesn't handle opera 12 properly.

Was using firefox a few years ago before and Explorer like 10 years ago, but I stopped used those two loooong ago. Never tried safari.
Anybody who isn't using Chrome nowadays might want to get with the times...seriously, I've used the whole lot of the browsers and Chrome is hands down the most sleek, fast, and versatile of them all.
I still like Opera better though.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:05 pm

Zefyris wrote:I mainly use opera 12. I tried opera 20 but didn't really like the changes.
I have chrome as well, but only use it if a website doesn't handle opera 12 properly.

Was using firefox a few years ago before and Explorer like 10 years ago, but I stopped used those two loooong ago. Never tried safari.
And this here folks is an Opera user in his natural habitat. Please refrain from taking any pictures so as not to alarm it.
Crowd: Wow~

*I only kid lol*
exec
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 15
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kanna Kamui
2019 Male Favorite: Shiota Nagisa
2018 Female Favorite: Holo
2018 Male Favorite: Astolfo

Post by exec » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Desufire wrote:
Zefyris wrote:I mainly use opera 12. I tried opera 20 but didn't really like the changes.

And this here folks is an Opera user in his natural habitat. Please refrain from taking any pictures so as not to alarm it.

*I only kid lol*
ikr, I use Opera too...
actually it's strange but i found that IE is better with youtube than Chrome, maybe it's just me.
And yeah, i liked the previous Opera more... though they did promise to implement a lot of stuff from old Opera eventually...
Like sync and stuff, not sure about mail agent... i liked the fact that you could have irc, mail and browser in one thing, and it worked better than FF(which i hate with passion).
I use IE for some stuff like niconico embedding on this forum... since it doesn't work on opera for some reason... Chrome i don't use mainly because google. And Safari has nice design but performance is kinda meh. FF is dead for me since it's like a beehive of add-ons, while i wait for it to load i can make my tea...
Chingy
Beef bowl
Beef bowl
Wish: To work in Japanese animation studios like Sunrise, Inc.

Post by Chingy » Fri May 02, 2014 9:39 am

I use Google Chrome on the PC, and Dolphin Browser on the mobile phone.
Yes, I think Dolphin Browser is the best mobile web browser. :P

"To err is human;

To forgive, divine."
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Fri May 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Desufire wrote:

*I only kid lol*
What is this, a browser Safari?

/shot
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 03, 2014 6:18 pm

blaZofgold wrote:
Desufire wrote:

*I only kid lol*
What is this, a browser Safari?

/shot

And the browser Explorer is unaware of what lurks inside this safari

/doesn'tgetshot
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 am

Fuijiwara wrote:And the browser Explorer is unaware of what lurks inside this safari

/doesn'tgetshot
Such as the elusive Firefox.

*sidesteps to left*
/still shot
QuotesShow