Poll: Tea vs. Coffee vs. Milk

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.

Which beverage do you prefer?

Tea
54%
Coffee
14%
Milk
32%

Total votes: 28
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Poll: Tea vs. Coffee vs. Milk

Post by Teaspoon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:21 am

Milk, yo!... even if it's pretty terrible for you. A tea is fine too. Coffee is repulsive.

But where is the Tentacle Grape option?
Sedon
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: C.C.
Wish: Something amazing to happen...

Post by Sedon » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:06 am

Momokutenshi wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Sedon wrote:well,, if caffeine can be found on milk, then I would choose it since milk is also good for the body ^^;
I've seen coffee-milk in a few shows, wether it's actual caffinated milk, or just coffee flavored milk I'm not sure though.
Usually if it's just flavor it's specific about it though (banana-flavored milk is seemingly popular in anime).
Coffee milk as exists in real life is just coffee-flavoured milk. Typically, you're more likely to see iced/chilled coffee though, which is real coffee, just cold (I haven't seen actual coffee milk since I left Massachusetts, and even then it was rare~) In anime, I would assume it's the latter, where it's just chilled coffee with milk~

Milk might be good for the body, but not for the lactose intolerant Momo~~
There, fixed it for you :P
As for me, I have both milk and coffee at home and I have access to ice-cold milked coffee in the company as well.. So yeah, coffee/milk has been almost part of my daily life ^^;

ImageImageImageImage
Credits to:
Energetic Hikari-chan for the slivers
MultiLing Keyboard Madness ⊇≪☜∵↖ⓢⓔⓓⓞⓝ↗∴☞≫⊆
Mayushii~ + Kuristina-HomuHomuShow
ImageImage
Thanks to Midnight-Jasper for Mayushii~ sig and awesome Momokutenshi for the Kuristina-HomuHomu sig~ <3
Lost but not forgotten~ Tu tu ruu~!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm

About Coffee Milk, I've been thinking and actually, I know that it's milk and coffee in one go for at least one show. In Kekkaishi, the protagonist drinks coffee-milk in the mornings (since he goes to school during the day and works at night) and needs the caffene to get through the day (and still sleeps through most of his classes) and prefers the milk.

I don't know about how rare that is, but he drinks several cartons a day just to keep awake.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 am

Which category would an espresso fall under?
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:17 am

Momento10 wrote:Which category would an espresso fall under?
It would fall under coffee.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:33 am

Definitely coffee. I only really drink espressos and mochas, with the occasional actual coffee.
Fire Sisters!Show
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:03 am

Bastion wrote:About Coffee Milk, I've been thinking and actually, I know that it's milk and coffee in one go for at least one show. In Kekkaishi, the protagonist drinks coffee-milk in the mornings (since he goes to school during the day and works at night) and needs the caffene to get through the day (and still sleeps through most of his classes) and prefers the milk.

I don't know about how rare that is, but he drinks several cartons a day just to keep awake.
Coffee milk as in coffee-flavoured milk is rare. 'Coffee milk' as in coffee-with-milk is very common.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Momokutenshi wrote:
Bastion wrote:About Coffee Milk, I've been thinking and actually, I know that it's milk and coffee in one go for at least one show. In Kekkaishi, the protagonist drinks coffee-milk in the mornings (since he goes to school during the day and works at night) and needs the caffene to get through the day (and still sleeps through most of his classes) and prefers the milk.

Coffee milk as in coffee-flavoured milk is rare. 'Coffee milk' as in coffee-with-milk is very common.
It's definately milk with coffee:
a: it comes in cartons (the pint(?) containers usually used for servings of milk), not mugs like coffee is normally sold and he carries it like it's milk
b: it's not warmed as coffee usually is, at least there's no steam displayed.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Bastion wrote:It's definately milk with coffee:
a: it comes in cartons (the pint(?) containers usually used for servings of milk), not mugs like coffee is normally sold and he carries it like it's milk
b: it's not warmed as coffee usually is, at least there's no steam displayed.
I have no idea what you're getting at except reiterating what I said in my first response to your confusion: that it's coffee with milk. Or if you prefer the words in reverse order, milk with coffee. Either way, it's a mixture of milk in actual coffee, making it a type of coffee. It's a 'milk drink' in the sense that it has milk in it and is a drink, but given that it's using actual coffee (inferred from your comment re: the presence of caffeine), it's different from 'flavoured milk' which is usually artificially flavoured, eg. coffee milk, made with coffee syrup. So it's still not what Sedon was looking for (though really, flavoured milk is terrible for you, such HFCS ;A;)

Again, don't really get your a and b but maybe this will clear your confusion?
a: Your local equivalent of this. It's actually relatively decent if you're not too picky.
b: Not all coffee is hot. There are many variants of an iced coffee.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:55 pm

I drink tea the most, without milk. But I think I prefer team + milk > coffee + milk anyways.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
aly_angelflight
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Miyanaga Saki
Wish: A job to just land on my lap

Post by aly_angelflight » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:42 am

I highly dislike the taste of straight coffee and milk, so there's no way I can say I like them more than tea, which I only dislike when the flavor is really watered down. :P