[CLOSED] Seiyuu Tournament 2013 - [NOMINATION]

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: Seiyuu Tournament 2013 - [NOMINATION]

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:08 am

Sir Maddy wrote:
Kordosa wrote:Bonus points for Daisuke, Sayaka, and Kikuko voicing Battler, Beatrice, and Virgilia in Umineko
Are you serious?
Kikuko voiced Virgilia.
I never knew that.
She also voiced Mion and Shion's mother, Akane in Higurashi.

She does possess quite a range. Her two extremes can be heard here. A few of the roles where she wasn't using her Belldandy voice that I found were interesting were Lust in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Goei in Ikkitousen, and Panther in Saber Marionette J. Panther was almost impossible for me to tell until I looked it up.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:40 am

Can we make a thread to campaign for our favorite seiyuus?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:58 am

blaZofgold wrote:Can we make a thread to campaign for our favorite seiyuus?
This is a good idea, if it doesn't go out of hand. I'll type one up after dinner.

EDIT: Actually, after some discussion we would rather wait for the finalized list before making a campaign thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:55 am

I have two more slots left. Anyone want to give me a name and a reason why I should add them to my nomination list?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:04 am

ThangLong, please PM me your nominations for them to count (read the first post).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 am

KholdStare88 wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:Can we make a thread to campaign for our favorite seiyuus?
This is a good idea, if it doesn't go out of hand. I'll type one up after dinner.

EDIT: Actually, after some discussion we would rather wait for the finalized list before making a campaign thread.
I can wait n.n
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 am

Momento10 wrote:I have two more slots left. Anyone want to give me a name and a reason why I should add them to my nomination list?
Yukana. She voices Meiling, Kanna, Teletha, C.C., Cecilia, and Ai. Also, going by only one name is cool.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:41 am

Momento10 wrote:I have two more slots left. Anyone want to give me a name and a reason why I should add them to my nomination list?
Itou Kanae is the first obvious choice. The voice of Sena (Boku wa Tomodachi), Elsie (KamiNomi), Airi (Queen's Blade), Aoi (RKB), Sanae (Ika Musume), Yui (SAO), and, last but not least, the amazing Saten Ruiko (Railgun). Her voice is always full of energy and vibrancy.

Yui Makino is my personal favorite. She voiced Sakura (Tsubasa Chronicles) and more recently Yura (Stella Jogakuin C3 Club) but is much more famous for being an ultimate boss at singing, her most well-known piece being Undine (Aria the Animation OP). Her voice is the sweetest thing I have ever heard.
Sir Maddy
Uguu~
Uguu~
Worships: Ryuuguu Rena
Wish: To see Rena appear in ISML one more time.

Post by Sir Maddy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:14 am

Miyuki Sawashiro - Yomi (Black Rock Shooter), Canaan (Canaan), Himeko (Kokoro Connect), Fujiko (Lupin III), Shinku (Rozen Maiden), Perrine (Strike Witches), Nanami (Prince-sama).

Ai Kayano - Meiko (AnoHana), Saori (Girls Und Panzer), Inori (Guilty Crown), Mayaka (Hyouka), Shiina (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo), Lucy (...) (Servant x Service), Yuyuko (Touhou FANime, not The Memories Of Phantasm one, this one)

Yuuichi Nakamura - Hazama (The upcoming BlazBlue anime), Tomoya (Clannad), Gray (Fairy Tail), Houtarou (Hyouka), Alto (Macross Frontier), Kyousuke (OreImo), N (Pokemon)
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am

Kordosa wrote:
Yukana. She voices Meiling, Kanna, Teletha, C.C., Cecilia, and Ai. Also, going by only one name is cool.
What have I done... :( I totally forgot about her. Is it allowed to change our nomination?
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
DurianDude
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Worships: Kotomi of course
Wish: Everyone in the world to realize the greatness of durians

Post by DurianDude » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 am

Iguchi Yuka. Why you may ask? Well besides voicing both Index and the super ultra moe Tsukihi-chan, she also stars in a wide variety of shows including but not limited to Girls Und Panzer, To Love Ru Darkness, Fairy Tale, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Bokurano, Mayo Chiki, Sankarea, True Tears, and Zero no Tsukaima amongst others. Not enough to convince you? Well she also has vast experience in performing songs for the shows she voices for, with her involvement in the ED for Mayo Chiki, the ED for Railgun S, The Girls Und Panzer ED, and, of course, Platinum Disco, the third ED for Nisemonogatari. But wait there's more! She also participated in voicing for some video games, including the Index video game and OreImo Portable! If you're not convinced by this time to nominate her then this is a battle that cannot be won my friend. For even more works from Iguchi Yuka feel free to browse the list of roles and songs on her MAL page at http://myanimelist.net/people/885/Yuka_Iguchi :)

Thank you for time and consideration.
Fire Sisters!Show
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:19 am

I would rather that you don't change your nominations so I don't have work harder. :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:23 am

taketatsu ayana
hayami saori
Itou Kanae
toyosaki aki
Eri Kitamura
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:26 am

KholdStare88 wrote:I would rather that you don't change your nominations so I don't have work harder. :(
I-I-It's not like I want to change my nomnom or anything huh!
qx

Okay I understand that (: Sorry for troubling you
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 am

Yui Makino is my personal favorite. She voiced Sakura (Tsubasa Chronicles) and more recently Yura (Stella Jogakuin C3 Club) but is much more famous for being an ultimate boss at singing, her most well-known piece being Undine (Aria the Animation OP). Her voice is the sweetest thing I have ever heard.
Seconding that. While she isn't my personal favorite, my personal favorite would require you to watch whole series to be convinced of what she can do; so it isn't easy to promote her. Whereas Makino Yui's impressive point is her voice herself. So hearing her in her role of Sakura for example, or hearing songs likeUndine, yume no tsubasa or synchronycity should be enough to promote her.
Miyuki Sawashiro - Yomi (Black Rock Shooter), Canaan (Canaan), Himeko (Kokoro Connect), Fujiko (Lupin III), Shinku (Rozen Maiden), Perrine (Strike Witches), Nanami (Prince-sama).
Another good choice here. Hearing her as Himeko in kokoro Connect should be convincing enough ImO. Talented Seiyuu here, who has both a great variety in her role as well as the skill to perform complicated roles.

Although, my favorite to recommend would still be Orikasa Fumiko. This is a seiyuu that you'll probably won't notice that much (although her voice is quite good and cute in itself) as long as you give her plain roles to perform. But give her roles when she needs to carry a lot of emotion in her voice, roles where she needs to often switch from a tone to another, from an emotion to another, from a speech pattern to another, and you'll see her shining. Her performance in roles such as pacifica cassul (scrapped princess) or Rukia (Bleach), Victoria Seras (Helsing/Helsing Ultimate) are good example of what she can do. She has an extremely large range in her doubling, as she has done almost every type of girl you could think of; from the sweet and reserved girl like Chise from Saikano or Kirara from Samurai 7, the girl full of energy like pacifica, the cool beauty like Riza Haweye from Full Metal Alchemist, the friendly and loving girl like Shirley from Code Geass, the tsundere type like Meia Gisborn from Vandread, the teacher type like prof. fuyutsuki from GTO ; her range is so great that it's usually quite difficult to recognize some of her performance as being from her.
She usually fit very well the role no matter what it is. Most of the famous seiyuu are easily recognized even when they do plain role; I actually think that this isn't a proof of skill as when you hear the voice you actually think of the seiyuu rather than the character voiced. Whereas in Orikasa Fumiko's case, you properly associate her character doubled with her performance rather than with her, and this is how it should be.
Which is why she may be difficult to recognize, and will be remembered more often when the role is complicated.
Alwerien
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Patchouli Knowledge
Wish: ...i-it's a secret.

Post by Alwerien » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 am

1) Ono Daisuke
2) Kamiya Hiroshi
3) Sakurai Takahiro
4) Miyano Mamoru
5) Suzumura Kenichi
6) Sakamoto Maaya
7) Imai Asami

Strategically avoiding the popular ones (even those I love..I'd suicide if they don't make it in by one vote cos I trusted you people too much lol). People, whoever nominates some of these 7 and possibly Fukuyama Jun, Suwabe Junichi or Kimura Ryouhei (too little spots in my list ;;), I will love you and draw you something <3

THERE IS TOO MANY AWESOME SEIYUU FOR THIS LITTLE SPOTS.
Friends share your interests. REAL friends share your perversions~
Is it bishie tournament yet? No? Gee, what did you wake me up for?
Corni
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Worships: Yoshino Sakura
Melon Pan: 15
2018 Female Favorite: Tenma Gabriel White
2018 Male Favorite: Kanzaki Hideri
2017 Female Favorite: Edna
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Wanna have daughters someday... Don't care blood or non blood... Maybe meet someone blonde and less than 140cm for marriage...

Post by Corni » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Muh Seiyuu:-

1. Kitta Izumi
2. MAKO
3. Touyama Nao
4. Toyosaki Aki
5. Ogura Yui
Look up high into the beautiful sky, with a steady gaze. Lets commit this moment to our memories.
We will make the beautiful sky even brighter. I will embrace you and your wings.
I want to protect that radiance. It is what keeps me going.
#eramalaysiabaru
SpoilerShow
Quote from song lyric BEAUTIFUL SKY by Hikasa Yoko, Yukana, Shimoda Asami, Hanazawa Kana, Inoue Marina, Saito Chiwa, and Mimori Suzuko from Infinite Stratos 2 ED
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks for the replies. I have a good gist as to which of the two out of the bunch that I should select.
dorastrike
Ninja
Ninja
Worships: Saber

Post by dorastrike » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

1. Itou Shizuka
2. Nonaka Ai
3. Ueda Kana
4. Kuwashima Houko
5. Kawasumi Ayako (Nobody mentioned her?!)
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:17 pm

dorastrike wrote: 5. Kawasumi Ayako (Nobody mentioned her?!)
hinakatbklyn wrote:(4) Ayako Kawasumi
(From page 2)
I had the name reversed. It was on my official nomination list though.