[STAGE 1] Group A <Fire> - Best Anime YouTube 2013

Create a poll for the Community to answer! The Staff may use this forum, too, to get your opinion on new ISML ideas. Sponsored Events will also go here.

Which videos do you like the best or find the most impressive?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 am

1. MTC - DJ S3RL
4%
2. 【MAD】[THsub NERD-FS]『さよなら君の声』[Sayonara kimi no koe]
6%
3. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Implosion AMV
11%
4. Spanish Wolf [Spice and Wolf AMV]
14%
5. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Metamorphose AMV
14%
6. Safety Dance AMV - Best Upbeat 2011
17%
7. 【MMD銀魂】千本桜
3%
8. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ My Sassy Girl(s) AMV
9%
9. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Steel Fenders AMV
14%
10. Amv - Imagination 720p
7%

Total votes: 70
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Re: [STAGE 1] Group A <Fire> - Best Anime YouTube 2013

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:02 pm

I voted 3, 5, 6 and 9~
Bestanimeofalltime is just always so good... (though I forgot to nominate one I really liked (I hope it's still in though ;3))
And for some reason Nichijou videos on youtube are always amazing! XD
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Death
Melon Pan: 81
Wish: For people to stop taking advantage of me

Post by Kiwigiwi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:53 pm

I clicked the vote button...it said it was sent, but when I came back here, it was still at the check box thingy.... did it send or not?

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
♫ Much love to my secret santa of 2016 ♥
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:I clicked the vote button...it said it was sent, but when I came back here, it was still at the check box thingy.... did it send or not?
Yes, it did~
You're just able to change your votes if you want.
It's kinda weird how it doesn't say something like 'thank you for voting', but your vote should have been registrated!~ ;3
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm

JLoable91 wrote:
Kurogarasu wrote:I clicked the vote button...it said it was sent, but when I came back here, it was still at the check box thingy.... did it send or not?
Yes, it did~
You're just able to change your votes if you want.
It's kinda weird how it doesn't say something like 'thank you for voting', but your vote should have been registrated!~ ;3
This is going to change for the subsequent polls, popular opinion (consisting of Ebby and Xander) wants no changes to polls after submission.
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 am

Isn't this poll running too long?
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 am

LOveLive! wrote:Isn't this poll running too long?
blaZofgold wrote:Group A <Fire>: 11/12/13 - 11/16/13 [Salamander Ribbon]
I'm on time. The early rounds will last longer, so people can have more time to watch the videos and more people have the chance to decide early.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:12 am

The time given is definitely necessary on the first rounds. Not everyone has the time to spare one hour to look at the 10 videos and choose every day.

Finally had the time to watch them and vote.

I ranked them below in order of preference
SpoilerShow
9. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Steel Fenders AMV
I like how well all the scenes from so many anime are mixed together to tell a different story between those character. The editing skill is awesome; and if I didn't like that much the song the first time I watched it, I goes well with the story so I soon started to like that part of the AMV as well.

6. Safety Dance AMV - Best Upbeat 2011
There are several awesome AMV featuring nichijou on youtube. This is definitely one of them. I never watched that anime though ^^".

5. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Metamorphose AMV
Another AMV by Umika, just like steel fenders. While I like this one less compared to some of her other works, the way to blend all the different anime in one story so well that you can't even notice most of the anime used at first glance is impressive, and the story told etc is nicely done.

3. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Implosion AMV
I like the fact that the trailer-like aspect of this amv. And it makes look the index anime so much more badass than it really is. There's a really good job with this one, it feels different than most amv you can see on youtube.

4. Spanish Wolf [Spice and Wolf AMV]
A Really nice amv that really does a good job catching the atmosphere of ookami to koushinryou. Too bad that poll had so many good titles, so I couldn't include it in my votes. Well, two amv from Umika right from the first poll, this hurts.

10. Amv - Imagination 720p
I always thought that amv was nicely done. However, it's not really to my taste as I prefer AMV either story focused, or focused on one anime, rather than an AMV focused on one general theme/without theme.

2. 【MAD】[THsub NERD-FS]『さよなら君の声』[Sayonara kimi no koe]
I didn't know where to place this one really. It may have deserved to be a bit higher. Anyway, good job capturing the story. However, too much statics scenes with characters simply talking can quickly bore people who didn't watch the anime ImO. And the editing skills isn't anything worth mentioning.

8. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ My Sassy Girl(s) AMV
Well, there's certainly editing skills here. But like I said above, I don't like that much general theme based AMV. There's a lot of those in the list of bestamvsofalltime, and I'm not a big fan of them.

7. 【MMD銀魂】千本桜
It certainly is impressive in its one genre. But I was quickly bored with it, and had to force myself finishing it. Obviously, this cannot rank any higher after that...

1. MTC - DJ S3RL
Nominating a music only video in a video tournament is always a risky bet. It's like putting all your money on the same horse, as if the voter don't like the music, well, there'll be nothing left to save the video. And it's my case, I don='t like it. As for the lyrics, on that kind of subject, I found it was too direct, too poor, too little, lacking any sense of taste and refinement and felt like there were written by a 14 years old boy for who lewd things he can imagine is basically either masturbating or having a girl sitting on his crotch. If you want lyrics on that subject that are worth listening too, try something more elaborated like /hidden (to stay with youtube video of the same kind with digitalized voices and music only). Now that's something where I can enjoy the risky lyrics. Well, at least, that's my preference.
In the end, there was only 3 videos that I didn't know (1,2,7). I thought there were more when I looked at the list the first time. Nice selection anyway. I look forward the 40 others.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:37 pm

I know I didn't nominate (I wish I had, but exams T-T ), demo, for Blaze-kun no superubo efforto~♥
1. MTC - DJ S3RLShow
wth did I just listen to? Should I be listening to these in incognito windows...? Those lyrics I don't even. Also too elektronika for me :<
I actually listened to the whole thing to give it a chance but...
0.5/10. I probably gave it a point too much.
2. 【MAD】[THsub NERD-FSShow
『さよなら君の声』[Sayonara kimi no koe]
feat. Mashiroiro Symphony]It would be helpful if I had English lyrics to know what the lyrics mean other than the actual title since it seemed a bit important and I don't read... is that Thai? Besides that; an ok vid, didn't especially leap out at me or anything so average, I guess~
4/10
3. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Implosion AMVShow
I quite liked this one. Good buildup of suspense, good synchronization, told its story nicely, nice colors made me almost want to watch Toaru, (but not really); felt very much like a trailer/PV. It was nice, but lacked memorability and impact. Nothing really happened with the music.
6/10
4. Spanish Wolf [Spice and Wolf AMVShow
Very cute, adorable even. Definitely makes me want to watch Spice and Wolf (I know, I know, I still haven't watched it yet ><) Super, super adorable, well matched even though I wasn't super keen on the song.
7.5/10
5. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Metamorphose AMVShow
A little overbright but gorgeous. Very well done.
8.8/10
6. Safety Dance AMV - Best Upbeat 2011Show
Hahaha very adorable, awesome match. Hilarious xD
8.5/10
7. 【MMD銀魂】千本桜Show
Sprites are very cool~ I actually really like what they did~
7.8/10
8. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ My Sassy Girl(s) AMVShow
I liked the start but never a fan of insert Eng rap. It's relatively well done, but not a fan, sorry.
3.8/10
9. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Steel Fenders AMVShow
Fairly well put together though the animation is a bit iffy to me. Not amazing, but decent~
5.5/10
10. Amv - Imagination 720pShow
Lyrics are so. mundane. Please just get on the damn train if that's what you need to do, not tell us how desperately you've got to get on it. Other than that, it was really nice and well done.
7.9/10

LOveLive! wrote:Isn't this poll running too long?
B-b-but if it didn't run til now, after my exams are done, then I wouldn't been able to vote *sad* D:

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Kiwigiwi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 pm

A lot of judgement here is based on preference.... Should a video be shot down just because it is not done to your liking or preference?
I'd rather see the quality of the video and the how well the whole thing worked as a video rather than giving a story to tell. Not all videos need a story... especially with the first song... It was weird and I certainly did NOT like the lyrics.. It wasn't to my liking, but I have to admit that it WAS kind of funny. And the song has a catchy tune and overall, ignoring the lyrics it was good. It may not appeal to me... But whoever said it isn't appealing to others? Not that I'm voting for it though. Just putting it out there that I'm going to make a judgement by quality and not preference.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?

Post by kanohistorm » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Kurogarasu wrote:A lot of judgement here is based on preference.... Should a video be shot down just because it is not done to your liking or preference?
I'd rather see the quality of the video and the how well the whole thing worked as a video rather than giving a story to tell. Not all videos need a story... especially with the first song... It was weird and I certainly did NOT like the lyrics.. It wasn't to my liking, but I have to admit that it WAS kind of funny. And the song has a catchy tune and overall, ignoring the lyrics it was good. It may not appeal to me... But whoever said it isn't appealing to others? Not that I'm voting for it though. Just putting it out there that I'm going to make a judgement by quality and not preference.
I touched on this in my first post.
SpoilerShow
Can a song make or break a video?
Yes, but it won't be because the song is good is bad, but how well it matches the video.
(exception: if it's someone doing a cover, different criteria applies)

And with my review of the Spice and Wolf video,
I touched on the fact that it showed a lot of depth and focus even though there was not really a story in there per say
overall, you either choose to vote for quality, or for your enjoyment/entertainment
spoiler alert :3
Kiwigiwi
[Apteryx mantelli]
[Apteryx mantelli]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Kiwigiwi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 pm

kanohistorm wrote:
Kurogarasu wrote:A lot of judgement here is based on preference.... Should a video be shot down just because it is not done to your liking or preference?
I touched on this in my first post.
SpoilerShow
Can a song make or break a video?
Yes, but it won't be because the song is good is bad, but how well it matches the video.
(exception: if it's someone doing a cover, different criteria applies)

And with my review of the Spice and Wolf video,
I touched on the fact that it showed a lot of depth and focus even though there was not really a story in there per say
overall, you either choose to vote for quality, or for your enjoyment/entertainment
I totally agree. As much as I don't want to admit that sometimes the things you like are not better. I won't deny different people have different preferences. Which is why such a voting is opened so more people can make a fairer judgement. I can't wait for the next group of videos though. I'm lacking in nice AMVs to watch.

♡ Secret Santa Daisuki ♡
SecretsShow
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 am

Momokutenshi wrote:
Lyrics are so. mundane. Please just get on the damn train if that's what you need to do, not tell us how desperately you've got to get on it.
7.9/10
LOLOLOL<3
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
haebaragi
Familiar
Familiar
Badges:
Wish: Need a time machine. Badly.

Post by haebaragi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:02 am

blaZofgold wrote:
haebaragi wrote:I have a bad feeling about my noms...

By the way, am I not allowed to vote yet? There's always a message about invalid submission when I voted...
Eh...? are you voting more than 4?
If the problem persists please ask a mod, I'm not sure what's wrong :\
I'm able to vote after changing my forum skin to the default one. (I was unable to vote since long ago, but I thought it was because I didn't have enough post).
Voted 5, 7, and 9.
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:03 am

haebaragi wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:

By the way, am I not allowed to vote yet? There's always a message about invalid submission when I voted...
I'm able to vote after changing my forum skin to the default one. (I was unable to vote since long ago, but I thought it was because I didn't have enough post).
Voted 5, 7, and 9.
oh yeah, I completely forgot about that one.
I mentioned it to Crisu and them once but they never got to it
Eibbor82
Gundam
Gundam
Worships: Mutual respect
Wish: To improve

Post by Eibbor82 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:04 pm

kanohistorm wrote:
haebaragi wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:

Voted 5, 7, and 9.
There was a problem with voting if you didn't have the default skin? I've been using AcidTech ever since I joined and I've never had this problem.
ImageImage
"Seriously, who wants to be chained down?"
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:08 pm

Eibbor82 wrote:
kanohistorm wrote:
haebaragi wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:

Voted 5, 7, and 9.
There was a problem with voting if you didn't have the default skin? I've been using AcidTech ever since I joined and I've never had this problem.
one of them did at least- I havent tested it with the other skins though
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Eibbor82 wrote:There was a problem with voting if you didn't have the default skin? I've been using AcidTech ever since I joined and I've never had this problem.
Acid Tech seems fine now, there were problems with it before. I've been using it since I joined and had some problems then, but it's been cleared up since.
Maybe they just haven't gotten to all of the skins?
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:49 am

Voted for:
3. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Implosion AMVShow
I liked how the darker atmosphere of both the song and the scenes highlighted the not-so-bright side of the Raildex series.
4. Spanish Wolf (Spice and Wolf AMV)Show
The song really fit well with the dynamics between Holo and Lawrence.
5. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ Metamorphose AMVShow
I know absolutely nothing about Ao no Exorcist but I thought the music fit the various images rather well.
8. √Bestamvsofalltime ▪ My Sassy Girl(s) AMVShow
Three good series featuring hard-to-handle female characters. I've been a BoA fan since InuYasha introduced her to me about 10 years ago. I haven't kept up with any of her music (or any other JPop/JRock) for the last few years, and it was nice hearing her sing again.
I also liked:
I liked the quasi-surrealistic style of images and music here.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Teaspoon
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom

Post by Teaspoon » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Voted 3, 4, 6 and 9.

I liked the visuals of Metamporphose but the music is 2linkinpark4me.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:

Post by blaZofgold » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:44 am

The results are in!

Congratulations to the videos that have moved on, and Safety Dance for winning the Shaitan Ribbon!
(I'm sorry, my editing skills are terrible T.T)
Unfortunately, Ebby's hentai song, the Mashiriro AMV, the Gintama MMD and the Imagination AMV are now out of this tournament.