SEITOKAI: Secretary

Which character would you like to become Secretary of the ISML Seitokai in Aquamarine?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

Nakamura Yuri
31%
Holo
8%
Kotobuki Tsumugi
47%
Laura Bodewig
3%
Shirai Kuroko
11%
Shiina
No votes

Total votes: 36
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

SEITOKAI: Secretary

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:46 am

With the addition of our third member, Charlotte Dunois, the ISML Seitokai's core members have all been elected. With our first public implementation of Directive 1003, we feel that the last two members of the student council needs to be appointed as soon as possible, especially if Suzumiya-san keeps leaving important documents everywhere. A diligent secretary would definitely keep the place more organized.
_____
Katsura Hinagiku
President
ISML Seitokai
Description: The office of Secretary is responsible for keeping records of each meeting and giving general advice based on those records, and also provides match analysis of ISML results; this office works under the Vice President of Operations.
International Saimoe League Seitokai Q: What is the ISML student council?
A: For every period, there will be 5 characters representing ISML, and the staff have the option to speak through them.

Q: How are nominees chosen?
A: They are chosen by VF of current period, but there are limits to how many times a contestant is nominated.

Q: Will this play a big role?
A: The seitokai members are here for roleplay purposes where everyone can reference them, and this will be a somewhat fun project to do in between periods.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
fujibayashi
Undine
Undine
Wish: World peace

Re: SEITOKAI: Secretary

Post by fujibayashi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:58 am

I picked Tsumugi.
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am

Tsumugi has that secretary vibe.

Holo seems like a better pick for the Treasurer post.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:44 am

I picked Nakamura Yuri. Kotobuki Tsumugi and Holo are also fine choices for the post, but we need someone who can help stand against Suzumiya Haruhi and do Haruhi's tasks in many occasions Haruhi disappears for a paranormal discovery trips. Tsumugi isn't someone who will give creative or bold advice. I would like to hold out Holo as I believe Holo is better qualified as treasurer or Financial Officer. Laura, Shirai, and Shiina are not the types who would meticulously do the paperwork, and not the ones who will take initiatives in doing analysis of records, nor someone I would trust to perform in depth analysis based on records. You need someone of Strong and Stable mental fortitude to work under Haruhi, and who better than a Haruhi-clone who is more qualified to be VP of Operation compared to Haruhi herself?
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Keeping records / giving advice - Holo > Yuri
Can Handle Haruhi - Both
In depth analysis - Yuri > Holo
Mental fortitude (Strong) Holo > Yuri
(Stable) Yuri > Holo

Hm. Tiebreaker goes to Yuri.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Holo or Yuri would do good so toss up
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2019 Male Favorite: Kyon
2018 Female Favorite: Rem
2018 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Voted for Tsumugi as she'll have less problems working under someone than Yurippe... Well, I guess maglor's arguments go the other way around but Mugi-chan would make a good Mikuru n°2 for Haruhi ^^
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi
My Secret Santa is awesome :3

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
Last Sinner
Temple priestess
Temple priestess

Post by Last Sinner » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Tsumugi really should have been on the relations list imo. She's got quite a way with people on several levels.

As much as I'd like to have picked Horo....SHE CAN'T READ....

My vote goes to Yuri since she's good at action, logistics and collation. Although...why wasn't she on the president list?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Yes, not specifically stated in the description is they will get bullied by Haruhi.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Yurippe getting bullied by Haruhi?! :P Well yeah we need someone who doesn't crack under Haruhi's bullying and pressure. Yurippe is a confident and inspiring leader to her subordinates. Although she is not likely to be a President in ISML, she can help kick start our first setokai.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.

Post by Dusk252 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Well, I voted for Tsumugi. She was the name that stood out when I first looked at the list for the secretary.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 pm

maglor wrote:I picked Nakamura Yuri. Kotobuki Tsumugi and Holo are also fine choices for the post, but we need someone who can help stand against Suzumiya Haruhi and do Haruhi's tasks in many occasions Haruhi disappears for a paranormal discovery trips. Tsumugi isn't someone who will give creative or bold advice. I would like to hold out Holo as I believe Holo is better qualified as treasurer or Financial Officer. Laura, Shirai, and Shiina are not the types who would meticulously do the paperwork, and not the ones who will take initiatives in doing analysis of records, nor someone I would trust to perform in depth analysis based on records. You need someone of Strong and Stable mental fortitude to work under Haruhi, and who better than a Haruhi-clone who is more qualified to be VP of Operation compared to Haruhi herself?
I agree with the sentiments for all of them, but I think Mugi would make for the better secretary.
I think if Haruhi were to dissapear, Hinagiku would more likely take over handling at least the business side of her role, and I agree with Horo being better suited to being treasurer (except for her tendency to spend extravagantly and drink excessively)
Dealing with Haruhi's teasing, given the expy's willingness to engage in similar endevors, I think Mugi would deal with things rather well, possibly even encourage such a thing. Haruhi x Tsumugi possibilities arise amusingly well from this combination.
Last edited by Bastion on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:29 pm

So apparently no one thought picking Shirai Kuroko would be amusing. Oh well, I got for Yuri for Haruhi, of course.
Last Sinner wrote:Although...why wasn't she on the president list?
VF. She is at the bottom of Tier 2.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Thing is, Tsumugi wouldn't mind being bullied by Haruhi, which makes it not fun for Haruhi anymore...that and Mugi likes skinship.
Space Opera
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:19 pm

ithekro wrote:Thing is, Tsumugi wouldn't mind being bullied by Haruhi, which makes it not fun for Haruhi anymore...that and Mugi likes skinship.
You're implying that Haruhi wants resistance rather than reciprocation?
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Judging by how fun she finds Mikuru verse Sawako-sensei's reaction to dressing up Yui verse Mio.
Space Opera
shiraoky
Electromaster
Electromaster
Worships: the rwby ladies <3
Wish: more time to laze around and have fun!

Post by shiraoky » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Oh, different list of people? xD Though I would love Yuri to be on the Seitokai, Haruhi is already on it, and I doubt we need two of those types of people :P I think the only one who fits the job best is Tsumugi. Too bad Charlotte couldn't be the one to get this position :P
Thanks to M-J for the beautiful sigs<3~!
tkout
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: Midarezaki Kyōka
Melon Pan: 85

Post by tkout » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:35 am

I voted for Kuroko.
I don't know about her record-keeping ability, but she certainly isn't going to sit around, and will be biased whenever it's about Misaka.
Kuroko can easily search for Haruhi too (I think.) :\
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 am

I picked Kuroko. I mean, I have seen her (not really) work hard at Judgement trying to keep up with all of the paper work that Anti-skill throws at her, and she manages to pull it off. As long as there is no one in the council with "Misaka vibes" as I call it, she should be able to do her part of the workload. I am sure she could handle record and match analysis well. I am sure she would not be bullied by Haruhi, and if Haruhi disappears, she can find her (I hope).
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:19 am

My first thought was that I'd like to see Kuroneko in this position. Having her provide commentary on matches and talk to Haruhi with that cavalier attitude of hers would be awesome.
KholdStare88 wrote:So apparently no one thought picking Shirai Kuroko would be amusing.
Actually, I did think that would have been amusing. Kuroko hates paperwork, and then having her deal with Haruhi's seemingly random demands would be very funny. Alas, she isn't getting many votes, so I won't waste mine.

I'm choosing Mugi. She's dependable for the most part (even if she lacks exposure to common real world experiences; she is an ojou after all). I don't think there will be a problem with her working with Haruhi since I very much picture Mugi saying something like, "That sounds like fun! Let's do it!" and then adding in her own wacky fun ideas into the mix. She's just the sort of malleable person that Haruhi would love. In the same way that Koizumi agrees with whatever Haruhi comes up with, Mugi would likewise be enthused. The difference being Koizumi doesn't want Haruhi to get upset or be bored, while Mugi would just think it'd be fun. I'd also be amused hearing Mugi's commentary on matches with her somewhat unique perspective.

By the way, I see all this talk about the Treasurer position. As I can't think of a reason why the ISML would need money (what with a god serving as VP of Ops), the only thing I can think of that the Treasurer would do would be to oversee and distribute the pre-results quiz cookies.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.