[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Re: RESULTS: 2011 Aquamarine 7

Post by RegalStar » Tue May 10, 2011 4:13 am

Oreimo doesn't have incest theme in it...

Err, back on topic, too bad Kuroneko missed the ticket to get in necklace match due to Shana and Kanade both winning. Oh well, it's not like she had a chance with this necklace anyways...
rainbowizard
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Okazaki Nagisa
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: All I wanted was one moment of happiness! Why! Why can't I be happy!?

Post by rainbowizard » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 am

Nagisaaaaaaa!!! :D
Thanks to everyone who voted for Nagisa! =)
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 am

Nagisa's beaten Ayase by TWO VOTES. Now, have we even see an ISML match won with ONE VD yet :P ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
HeartClover
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Worships: Audrey Hepburn
Wish: adventure

Post by HeartClover » Tue May 10, 2011 4:23 am

most of my choices did really well. too bad for tomoyo, but she was up against yurippe....
hurray for nagisa! it was really close. i can't believe ayase almost won considering she's a minor character. i guess clannad power has decreased, sadly enough. victorique lost again, but it was kuroneko so it was expected. and yay for tenshi!!!
Last edited by HeartClover on Tue May 10, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to my lovely Emjayfor the sig~
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 am

Had the Necklace showdown not been implemented, we would have had Mikoto wearing the Aquamarine Necklace right about now. With the new seven free-for-all match, does this place Mikoto at an advantage, or a disadvantage? The seven girls are implemented: Mikoto, Shana, Yuki, Kanade, Eucliwood, Yuri, and Mio.

I think Nagisa broke her own record of closest match that is not a tie. 2 votes? Really? Then again, I guess this is not a record, assuming that there have been one vote differences back in 2008. In any case, I was glad that there are still people out there voting for her, no matter how small the margin of victory was. Mikoto actually defeated Azusa by 8 votes. Quite a surprising outcome, but I am just as glad that she won. Well, Mio's decrease in power does not say anything yet, but it does give significant warnings when challenging Kanade, Asuza, and even Mikoto, whom she defeated twice to become ISML Champion. I would not put Yuki or Eucliwood in the "people who can currently defeat Mio" just yet. Although plausible, I do not see it happening. I am starting to see Mio finishing in 5th and Hinagiku finishing somewhere in the Bottom 8. Fate losing to Last Order was not good. And here, I thought she could do better than that. I am surprised Seraphin defeated Sora and Kuroko defeated Asami.
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue May 10, 2011 4:31 am

Results aren't pretty on a whole. Azusa did well to close the gap to only 8 votes, up from 184 last year when she lost to Mikoto. Eu brought Kanade's win% down to 61.62%, so there's hope for stronger opponents to bring that % down further.

Anyway, I'm sure the results would have ruffled quite a few feathers among the various supporters. Tactical voting and anti-voting might start picking up.

Meh...Mio losing means that the necklace tourney just became boring since Kanade would now have a bigger opportunity for a "from-behind" grab at the necklace assuming that she gets a big chunk of the votes. And Yuri might end up stealing votes from non-AB characters.
Last edited by Kiopi on Tue May 10, 2011 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Tue May 10, 2011 4:32 am

But in 2008, the number of votes ranges from 500-1Kish i think. the percentage is slightly higher back then .
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RegalStar » Tue May 10, 2011 4:34 am

Momento10 wrote:Had the Necklace showdown not been implemented, we would have had Mikoto wearing the Aquamarine Necklace right about now. With the new seven free-for-all match, does this place Mikoto at an advantage, or a disadvantage? The seven girls are implemented: Mikoto, Shana, Yuki, Kanade, Eucliwood, Yuri, and Mio.
Mikoto is at a huge advantage in the showdown still. She has a 30% edge on SDO compared to Kanade, as well as 24% and 18% on the other competitors. Given that she's one of the stronger rank 1s, there's no way anyone except Kanade can overcome such a huge difference, and even Kanade herself is going to have an uphill battle at best unless a lot of people vote strategically (ie treat the battle as a two-way battle between Mikoto and Kanade, which is more or less what it boils down to anyways, rather than a seven-way battle), especially since Yuri is there to siphon votes away from her.
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Tue May 10, 2011 4:37 am

Epic result, isn't it?
Ah, yes, Shana beats Mio. Congratulations, Shana! Though I vote Mio and like Mio better.
And Mikoto beats Azusa with 8 votes. That's the most exciting match to me. And Mikoto becomes the most competitive character against Kanade in the Necklace Showdown. She must be the biggest obstacle on Kanade's way to her necklace now.
Nagisa beats Ayase with only 2 votes? Oh, it must be something mistaked. That's a pity. I thought Ayase would be able to claim a win.
And Fate lost again? To that annoying lolita? OK, it's the most upsetting result.
I also appreciate the match that Nagato wins over Katsura, sine I can't remember how long it takes for Nagato to get a win from Hina.
The rest is predictable and acceptalbe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Tue May 10, 2011 4:41 am

Is it the third time that Nagisa wins in less than 20 votes? 2-vote-win! OMG
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by RegalStar » Tue May 10, 2011 4:42 am

In any other round Fate probably would've won against LO (with whom I have no idea what happened that she managed to show enough results in the prelims to get in rank 4...), but since Mikoto has so much at stake in this match, turnouts from railgun fans would be high and LO would get a boost from it as well.

Also, it seems that Nagi got her revenge against Konata from the prelims with a fairly impressive victory.
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Tue May 10, 2011 4:45 am

Nagisa wins YES
bluemage
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Reimu Hakurei
Wish: A happy and peaceful life.

Post by bluemage » Tue May 10, 2011 4:50 am

Shana beating Mio was nice. Nagisa sure had a close win. Too bad Azusa couldn't edge out the Railgun. Hinagiku appears to be weakening.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
#1<---------- ISML 2012 Top 8! ---------->#8 ---------- #8<---------- ISML 2012 Bottom 8! ---------->#16
Character Cards & Signature Slivers Made by Marinara, Hikari-chan & melange
Participant from 2008-2012
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 am

Kotobuki Tsumugi here.

It was a lot of fun but the main matches of Aquamarine come to an end here. We had a strong finish with a lot of close matches. Kanade looks impressive in every match she has. It's surprising to see she could break 60% even on Eucliwood. Everyone else will need to work hard if they want to catch up with Kanade. Several characters did their best to have a strong finish in Aquamarine. Kuroneko, Taiga, Ui-san, Mikuru and Yami all did great in their matches. Nagi shows how her hard work over the last few week has paid off and has a strong performance on Konata who beat her back in preliminaries.

There are a few characters that need to try a bit harder in Topaz. Kyou, Iwasawa, Fate, Charlotte and Kagami put in a lot of effort but weren't able to perform as well as they used to. Fate and Iwasawa ended up falling a bit behind Last Order and Kuroko. I also wasn't quite able to do my best in this round. Don't get depressed! We can do better in Topaz!

Poor Azu-nyan wasn't quite able to beat Mikoto. I brought some cake so let's all cheer up and eat it together.

Until next time.
_____
Kotobuki Tsumugi
Secretary
ISML Seitokai
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Aquamarine
Flame haze
Flame haze

Post by Aquamarine » Tue May 10, 2011 5:11 am

Nymph was so close to getting her first win! ;_; I hope she won't be the one that ends up with 0-49.
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Tue May 10, 2011 5:36 am

Although Eucliwood got closer than any other contestant has yet, it was still a decisive victory. And the fact that Eu is tier 1 (or the wildcard between 1 and 2) means that Kanade's power is absolutely terrifying. 61.62% is a lot. Mio last year at least made the other strong contensants look like they had some chance. Kanade...wow. Can't really say I'm surprised though
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
superunature
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Akiba
Wish: Rabu touch!

Post by superunature » Tue May 10, 2011 5:41 am

How funny
we have
3500,3800 x 2, 4000 x 3, 4100 x 4, 4200 x 4, 4300 x 2, 4500 x 2
and the answer end up being 4400, which no one picked~
at least I was close on the Yui-percentage...
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 am

loudmouth wrote:Although Eucliwood got closer than any other contestant has yet, it was still a decisive victory. And the fact that Eu is tier 1 (or the wildcard between 1 and 2) means that Kanade's power is absolutely terrifying. 61.62% is a lot. Mio last year at least made the other strong contensants look like they had some chance. Kanade...wow. Can't really say I'm surprised though
Not that my predictions have been any good as of late, but I have Eucliwood pegged at 8th and roughly around Yuki and Hinagiku in terms of strength. 61.62% really is pretty stunning.

Kanade needs 56.53% of the Necklace Showdown votes exclude votes not given to her or Mikoto. She needs to do this despite losing a few vote to Yuri voters. The fact that Kanade can't be counted out of pulling this off is also pretty scary.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 am

The lord has received 10 wins, which is never feeding.
And... a 8th match?
Do we need a new avatar for Lina? Latest Slayers was just 3 years ago.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:
loudmouth wrote:Although Eucliwood got closer than any other contestant has yet, it was still a decisive victory. And the fact that Eu is tier 1 (or the wildcard between 1 and 2) means that Kanade's power is absolutely terrifying. 61.62% is a lot. Mio last year at least made the other strong contensants look like they had some chance. Kanade...wow. Can't really say I'm surprised though
Not that my predictions have been any good as of late, but I have Eucliwood pegged at 8th and roughly around Yuki and Hinagiku in terms of strength. 61.62% really is pretty stunning.

Kanade needs 56.53% of the Necklace Showdown votes exclude votes not given to her or Mikoto. She needs to do this despite losing a few vote to Yuri voters. The fact that Kanade can't be counted out of pulling this off is also pretty scary.
Oh wow. I completely overlooked Yuri when I voted for fantasy. If Kanade can't get to 56.53% it'll make me feel a lot better. It'll make her seem (to me) less like a force of nature and more simply the favorite to win the Tiara ._.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage