akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Re: RESULTS: 2011 Aquamarine 8

Post by akumaxx » Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 am

Wait, is this SDO periodic or overall?
If overall then Kanade is sure to bring one home.
But if periodic with an insane schedule?
Thinking of a possibility that she faces 2 or 3 weaklings in each period...
All AB fans will get crazy.
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 am

Seriously it would be difficult for Kanade to get Diamond @_@
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Thu May 12, 2011 6:27 am

akumaxx wrote:Wait, is this SDO periodic or overall?
Both, but they are used for similar but different things. Period SDO is used as a tiebreaker for entrance into the Necklace Showdown and for calculating the Necklace score to determine who wins the necklace for the period. As you would expected, Period SDO resets every period. Overall SDO takes into account all regular season matches. It's used as a tiebreaker to determine the Top 16 that advances into post season.

Kanade will get a necklace eventually. She had pretty horrible SDO this period and she nearly got the necklace anyways.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Worships: Rosario Cross
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 am

No cookies but Misaka won just as expected. Kanade, however will have a higher SDO because of law of averages assuming she wins all 7 matches then we'll talk come next round.
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Thu May 12, 2011 7:15 am

oh Kanade lost, but Misaka fans shouldn't be too happy.
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Worships: Akemi Homura
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.

Post by Dusk252 » Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 am

Kyuubey won. Which doesn't really matter for anything but is probably the match I cared about the most.

I wanted Kanade to win Aquamarine so I'm a bit disappointed. Not because I truly wanted her to win but because... I think Topaz fits Mikoto better xD
Anyway, I believe things could have been different if Mio had won against Shana in round 7. There's no use talking about what could have happened but at least then I'd have had someone to cheer for in this match. Either way, I happy with her strong performance in the necklace match.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 am

Yay for the primary match? I really didn't care much about it personally.
Suprised that Ran managed to get second in her match though, didn't think she was that popular.
Hatsune is the next Hina-tan XD Managing to gain nearly 3x the votes of the 2nd place winner and more votes total than all the other condenders of her match combined and still have some room to spare.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 am

Electricity and water probably match huh?
Matteas
Osananajimi
Osananajimi
Wish: Hakamada Hinata to get into the regular season.

Post by Matteas » Thu May 12, 2011 7:39 am

It still remains a mystery for me how Misaka manages to get so many votes. In my rough ranking of the 50 characters, she's somewhere in the second half ^^'
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu May 12, 2011 7:51 am

She's like 3rd place in VF so it shouldn't be a surprise to you. Besides she fought better opponents than Kanade so I guess that should answer your question
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad

Post by Dusk252 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:00 am

Matteas wrote:It still remains a mystery for me how Misaka manages to get so many votes. In my rough ranking of the 50 characters, she's somewhere in the second half ^^'
I like her. I don't love her but if I were to rank the 50 characters by preference, she'd be around 20th I guess. She has a cool power and she's a tsundere that's not completely over the top which means she's less annoying - imo anyway. I have a harder trouble understanding how Shana manages to get so many votes but hey, that's because people have different tastes and it seems like the majority likes that type of characters. There isn't anything you or I can do about it.
xcrossfacekillahx wrote:She's like 3rd place in VF so it shouldn't be a surprise to you. Besides she fought better opponents than Kanade so I guess that should answer your question
The fact that she fought "better opponents" than Kanade and won explains her high SDO and is the reason she won the necklace. It doesn't explain why she scores all those votes. The question he was asking was more like: why is it, that even when faced with strong opponents, she manages to get so many votes?
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Thu May 12, 2011 8:06 am

Kanade brought us an impressive match. It's no wonder that she still dominates the Regular so far. However, a large margin victory couldn't bring Kanade the Aquamarine Necklace. The fact is she still not far enough ahead of Mikoto to break through the dilemma of trapping in the low SDO. I have to recognize that Mikoto's strength shouldn't be underestimated at all. Maybe Kanade will have a better schedule so that she can gain a higher SDO in the Topaz, and if it were exactly like that I believe no one can stop her to shoot the Topaz Necklace down. Anyway, the result is good to Mikoto and Mikoto's fans. Having missed the Aquamarine Necklace with a pity and waited for over one year, Mikoto is finally able to enjoy the happiness of holding the Necklace with the power of ocean in her palm as she wishes. Also congratulate to Mikoto, it's a nice fight and it's a nice Necklace picture. Maybe I shall suppose that Mikoto is the girl who is running closest behind our dominated Angel.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
RusAnon
Nikuman
Nikuman
Worships: Suigintou

Post by RusAnon » Thu May 12, 2011 8:14 am

This SDO calculation is b-shit. Basically, it just means that no matter how many fans vote for Kanade and how big is her vote margin, she will lose because her opponents are 'weak'. She won her match against Misaka, and therefore is only character without losses this period.
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu May 12, 2011 8:20 am

Overall good results. Looking forward to Topaz :D
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 am

RusAnon wrote:This SDO calculation is b-shit. Basically, it just means that no matter how many fans vote for Kanade and how big is her vote margin, she will lose because her opponents are 'weak'. She won her match against Misaka, and therefore is only character without losses this period.
That's completely untrue. 120 more votes was all Kanade needed to win the Aquamarine necklace. If her fans rallied a bit harder, she could have won the Aquamarine necklace despite her low SDO.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 am

RusAnon wrote:This SDO calculation is b-shit. Basically, it just means that no matter how many fans vote for Kanade and how big is her vote margin, she will lose because her opponents are 'weak'. She won her match against Misaka, and therefore is only character without losses this period.
Erm, unless I'm misinterpreting something, Kanade nearly won despite her opponents being 'weak'.
If her total vote margin had been a little bit larger, she would have been the one wearing the necklace.

Edit: XD Three people pouncing on an incorrect statement.
Last edited by Bastion on Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
Miku
Sacred jewel
Sacred jewel
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: Someday can step onto Hockenheimring or Nürburgring to shout for local racing drivers!

Post by Miku » Thu May 12, 2011 8:25 am

Not exactly. The problem is that Kanade didn't win enough votes. She has already nearly beated Mikoto in the final necklace score. In fact, if Kanade received about 200 more votes, she will be able to get the Aquamarine Necklace. So the saying that "no matter how many votes she gets she will still have no chance to win the necklace is wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImage
Elizabeth F. Beurling (Silver Fox) From: Maritime State Britannia
Cassiopeia
Combat butler
Combat butler
Worships: Tennos "A-tan" Athena

Post by Cassiopeia » Thu May 12, 2011 8:26 am

Matteas wrote:It still remains a mystery for me how Misaka manages to get so many votes. In my rough ranking of the 50 characters, she's somewhere in the second half ^^'
Kholdy will be sad to hear this. Oh yeah he knows already :P

akumaxx wrote:Wait, is this SDO periodic or overall?
Kanade will win one for sure, so you don't have to worry about that. All top girls will face weak opponents in certain periods. As TRE already pointed out, Kanade was very close winning her necklace even with very low SDO, so that really tells you she would win one without sweat if she is given a slightly better SDO schedule.
Last edited by Cassiopeia on Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credit to Awesome Hikarin <3 ISML2011 FINAL <3
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu May 12, 2011 8:33 am

So? That's not how it works. She fought 6 opponents who are strong and lucky enough to be there.

Sure, technically she is 8 - 0 in Aquamarine and what? The necklace round was made so that Shana, Haruhi, Kagami, etc. won't be able to win more than one necklace in a year.
Last year the winner had to have a high SDO and on top of that, had to be 7 - 0 in order to have a clear shot at winning a necklace. The special round this year is generous enough for Kanade because any contestant who goes 7 - 0 gets an easy ticket to the 8th match regardless of SDO. She had a chance to win by the way.
Had the rules last year applied, she had no way of winning even if she plows through all her matches.

So don't go crazy on this.
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad

Post by Dusk252 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:18 am

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
So? That's not how it works. She fought 6 opponents who are strong and lucky enough to be there.

Sure, technically she is 8 - 0 in Aquamarine and what? The necklace round was made so that Shana, Haruhi, Kagami, etc. won't be able to win more than one necklace in a year.
Last year the winner had to have a high SDO and on top of that, had to be 7 - 0 in order to have a clear shot at winning a necklace. The special round this year is generous enough for Kanade because any contestant who goes 7 - 0 gets an easy ticket to the 8th match regardless of SDO. She had a chance to win by the way.
Had the rules last year applied, she had no way of winning even if she plows through all her matches.

So don't go crazy on this.
^Exactly. This year's rules are made to give a chance to characters who get a low SDO. That actually minimizes the luck factor, not the other way around. She had a chance to win despite her low SDO.