RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

User avatar
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.
Location: Somewhere under the warm and fuzzy sun

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Eclairs » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 am

loudmouth wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:
loudmouth wrote:Oh yeah. I'm really surprised that Yuri won. However with Angel Beats' strength staying more or less the same from last year to the present, and IS visibly diminishing even last season, it seems that Angel Beats have enough staying power that even their weaker characters can continue to win.
Don't be bitter that Angel Beats characters won't die off. I mean...
Oh no I know. Shana and Taiga show no sign of stopping either. In fact I don't really think the Angel Beats characters got any stronger, it's just there aren't any Stella characters in their division to show them whats up like they did last year.
We all pretty much know that Nova division is too easy. With Kanade >> Yuu > Kuroneko >>>> others. Its not even worth it. Stella bracket on the other hand is a different situation altogether.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
User avatar
Umi
Void mage
Void mage
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:57 pm
Worships: Ichinose Kotomi
Melon Pan: 50
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Umi » Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 am

Index > Horo? Not that I mind since I like them both but I do think Horo is a bit more moe.
Yuri, Yuki, Kurisu and Sena won their matches. That's good. The other results leave much to be desired.
Image
Chikara Icy
Mad scientist
Mad scientist
Posts: 1016
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: A better life
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Chikara Icy » Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 pm

How Homura become weaker now? @_@
Gezz, I missed my vote... -_-
User avatar
Deathscyther
Space pirate
Space pirate
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Deathscyther » Thu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Good:
Elucia > Minami: Elucia was quite a bit stronger than expected
Kurisu > Homura: Kurisu winning is always good. Homura isn't living up to the hype, which is good too. :bigsmile:
Riko > Irisviel: I don't know how she did it, but I'm happy with it. ^^;
Nagisa > Kotomi: I expected them to be much closer, but I'm happy with Nagisa winning.

Bad:
Tenshi manages to get 70% against Erio. >.>; She's just too strong for Nova lol.
Kirino > Victorique: I like both girls, but I expected Victorique to get much closer. :/
Index > Holo: Gah, I hate seeing Holo losing nearly everything.
Eclairs wrote: We all pretty much know that Nova division is too easy. With Kanade >> Yuu > Kuroneko >>>> others. Its not even worth it. Stella bracket on the other hand is a different situation altogether.
While Nova has about 3 girls who are quite a bit stronger than the rest (Kanade, Eucliwood and Kuroneko), Stella only has about 5 (Shana, Taiga, Mikoto, Azusa and Yuki). So I guess both divisions are quite easy for the top tier girls.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Posts: 2914
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by kukimunstir » Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm

kobato lossing.....probably the saddest thing happened to me this week T_T
Image
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
User avatar
shikari2011MPCws
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: In fact,I'm thinking about to make a Sparta Remix / Nico+ / YTPMV(+) / MAD in my video,for here,that's our group's main target.
Location: 香港
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by shikari2011MPCws » Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Chikara Icy wrote:How Homura become weaker now? @_@
Gezz, I missed my vote... -_-
there's two reasons:one is the technological battle and the other one is our idea? :arrowed:
sig too largeShow
well this sccound was insplited by shika-chan(Alan)'s,and he always like Sparta remix,with here...all right,do it!
SPC Magical Madhouse Team
Member list :
TC#1 konachan218(Black Lotus)
TC#2 UltraRemixerJR(RD.)
TC#3 shika.(miruru623/Madoka)
TC#4 KeroroSAN(dreamwish mash / Kagami)

12' ISML LIST
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
list can't show sorry
8X_e8fSO-LY
User avatar
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 am
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....
Location: Within a multi-verse
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Wolfnagi » Thu May 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Kureneko > Aria.
Image
Elvinsky wrote:- Kuroneko winning over Aria, Shiori winning her match, and Sora losing both her matches:
YES! YES! YES! YEEEESSSS! LIBATIONS! FOR! EVERYBODAAAAY!!! (On Wolfnagi's tab, of course. :P)
FCK THIS SHIT~!
ITS TIME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE ORDER OF THE LOTUS~! THE FIFTH WAR HAS BEGUN~!

@Riko vs Iri: DAFUQ. You guys know I'm pro-JC, but you guys also know I'm pro-Nasuverse (except Saber. She's annoying. Rin is tolerable, while Illya is high-ranked) so yeah, WTF.

Index > Horo is also bad >.>
Teaspoon wrote:It's because Hidan no Aria is a great show. Also, anything with a Kugimiya tsundere in it is automatic top-tier quality.
SpoilerShow
Image
If only Rin is voiced by Kugyu-sama, she would have been top-tier.
I BLAME NASU FOR BAD CHOICE OF SEIYUU~!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
shikari2011MPCws
Samurai
Samurai
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 11:58 pm
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: In fact,I'm thinking about to make a Sparta Remix / Nico+ / YTPMV(+) / MAD in my video,for here,that's our group's main target.
Location: 香港
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by shikari2011MPCws » Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Wolfnagi wrote:Kureneko > Aria.
Image
I though that that pic. dead
Elvinsky wrote:- Kuroneko winning over Aria, Shiori winning her match, and Sora losing both her matches:
YES! YES! YES! YEEEESSSS! LIBATIONS! FOR! EVERYBODAAAAY!!! (On Wolfnagi's tab, of course. :P)

FCK THIS SHIT~!
ITS TIME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE ORDER OF THE LOTUS~! THE FIFTH WAR HAS BEGUN~!


@Riko vs Iri: DAFUQ. You guys know I'm pro-JC, but you guys also know I'm pro-Nasuverse (except Saber. She's annoying. Rin is tolerable, while Illya is high-ranked) so yeah, WTF.

Index > Horo is also bad >.>
agree
but I felt sosad about that...
Teaspoon wrote:It's because Hidan no Aria is a great show. Also, anything with a Kugimiya tsundere in it is automatic top-tier quality.

SpoilerShow
Image
If only Rin is voiced by Kugyu-sama, she would have been top-tier.
I BLAME NASU FOR BAD CHOICE OF SEIYUU~!
tech. problem instead,that I prefer that only 7 and 8 guys are won 5 times in each...is there any bug?
but agree last one...
sig too largeShow
well this sccound was insplited by shika-chan(Alan)'s,and he always like Sparta remix,with here...all right,do it!
SPC Magical Madhouse Team
Member list :
TC#1 konachan218(Black Lotus)
TC#2 UltraRemixerJR(RD.)
TC#3 shika.(miruru623/Madoka)
TC#4 KeroroSAN(dreamwish mash / Kagami)

12' ISML LIST
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
list can't show sorry
8X_e8fSO-LY
xcrossfacekillahx
Incubator
Incubator
Posts: 3613
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:42 am
Worships: Rosario Cross
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: A very good tournament and more cookies. Moehood to reign
Location: Planet Saimoe

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by xcrossfacekillahx » Thu May 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Wolfnagi wrote: FCK THIS SHIT~!
ITS TIME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE ORDER OF THE LOTUS~! THE FIFTH WAR HAS BEGUN~!

@Riko vs Iri: DAFUQ. You guys know I'm pro-JC, but you guys also know I'm pro-Nasuverse (except Saber. She's annoying. Rin is tolerable, while Illya is high-ranked) so yeah, WTF.

If only Rin is voiced by Kugyu-sama, she would have been top-tier.
I BLAME NASU FOR BAD CHOICE OF SEIYUU~!
- The war begins!
- I thought Iri could have won but too bad.
- I believe Rin's VA is just fine. She doesn't need to be a Kugimiya knight to be that good.

- Representative of the Empire
User avatar
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 am
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....
Location: Within a multi-verse
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Wolfnagi » Thu May 17, 2012 2:57 pm

xcrossfacekillahx wrote:
Wolfnagi wrote: FCK THIS SHIT~!
ITS TIME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE ORDER OF THE LOTUS~! THE FIFTH WAR HAS BEGUN~!

@Riko vs Iri: DAFUQ. You guys know I'm pro-JC, but you guys also know I'm pro-Nasuverse (except Saber. She's annoying. Rin is tolerable, while Illya is high-ranked) so yeah, WTF.

If only Rin is voiced by Kugyu-sama, she would have been top-tier.
I BLAME NASU FOR BAD CHOICE OF SEIYUU~!
- The war begins!
- I thought Iri could have won but too bad.
- I believe Rin's VA is just fine. She doesn't need to be a Kugimiya knight to be that good.

- Representative of the Empire
I was talking bout loli Rin...........
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:30 am
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Elvinsky » Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm

Wolfnagi wrote:Kureneko > Aria.
Image
Elvinsky wrote:- Kuroneko winning over Aria, Shiori winning her match, and Sora losing both her matches:
YES! YES! YES! YEEEESSSS! LIBATIONS! FOR! EVERYBODAAAAY!!! (On Wolfnagi's tab, of course. :P)
FCK THIS SHIT~!
ITS TIME TO WAGE WAR AGAINST THE ORDER OF THE LOTUS~! THE FIFTH WAR HAS BEGUN~!
Lemme try and guess the broken image:
That professor guy from Futurama with the caption, "I DON'T WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE."

Eh, don't get your undies in a bunch...you're sure to get your revenge in the upcoming Stella match anyway. -_-
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
Image
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
User avatar
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Posts: 1369
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:06 am
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To go to heaven

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by loudmouth » Thu May 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Stella is extremely competitive near the top, while Nova is extremely competitive near the middle/bottom
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Dusk252
Dryad
Dryad
Posts: 663
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:28 pm
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: to fix my messed-up life.
Location: Portugal

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Dusk252 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Darth Blitzer wrote:
YagamiHayate wrote:Riko > Iri is the worst result in the history of ISML. /raeg
shiraoky wrote:WHOOAAA. What the-
How did Riko-
...
Team Rocket Elite wrote:Oo

Wow. How the heck did Irisviel von Einzbern lose to Mine Riko?
RegalStar wrote:Irisviel lost to Riko? What the hell?
Seriously, all of this
Just.......... wat

I demand a recount, ballot box stuffing or hanging chads, most definitely hanging chads
THIS. All of this, a thousand times. How the heck could it happen?! I'm quiting ISML for this.

Homura vs. Kurisu was bound to be a bittersweet result to me, but I was still rooting for Homura, so I'm a bit sad that she lost. Can't be angry though, since Kurisu's great too. But Irisviel losing to Riko?! I can't take that. That was insanely bad (not to mention totally unexpected).

At least Saber got her revenge from last year, winning against Nadeko by a bigger percentage than she'd been beaten by.
User avatar
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Posts: 2453
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.
Location: Somewhere under the warm and fuzzy sun

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Eclairs » Thu May 17, 2012 4:24 pm

loudmouth wrote:Stella is extremely competitive near the top, while Nova is extremely competitive near the middle/bottom
quoted for truth. You want competitiveness at the TOP of the pile, who cares with the middle rungs and lower places?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Bastion » Thu May 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Deathscyther wrote:
Eclairs wrote: We all pretty much know that Nova division is too easy. With Kanade >> Yuu > Kuroneko >>>> others. Its not even worth it. Stella bracket on the other hand is a different situation altogether.
While Nova has about 3 girls who are quite a bit stronger than the rest (Kanade, Eucliwood and Kuroneko), Stella only has about 5 (Shana, Taiga, Mikoto, Azusa and Yuki). So I guess both divisions are quite easy for the top tier girls.
From posts like this, I'm starting to think that maybe splitting the brackets wasn't such a good idea.
Without the power hitters from the other bracket, we have short of a dozen girls that are basically running away with the entire tournament. At least before there was some competition.
Jamie AB is open for business. How would you like your hare-brained scheme?
Confusing statements are fun :p
Medaka Kurokami wrote:People aren't meant to protect the rules, rules are meant to protect people
(*'////'*)
SpoilerShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae27 ... nner-1.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]

ImageImage
*Puts Nagi behind the drums and Hinagiku at the front with the mike and a guitar*
Banners made by Midnight Jasper & Marinara
Kordosa wrote:I can just imagine all of the Hinagiku facepalming moments. That alone is worth it.
HnG chapter 333 pg 9 wrote:She (Hinagiku) realized an incredibly obvious but oft overlooked point: One had to read the manga before they could give their judgment of it.
ithekro wrote:Remember you aren't allowed to use your powers for evil.
With great power comes great responsibility
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Tomoya Okazaki wrote:Can I beat you until you're motionless?
MegaTokyo wrote:Some of us are just a little more screwed up than others.
Saber (maglor) wrote:It is not how much, but it is where the king spends that tells what kind of king he is.
Rito wrote:Men don't decide whether they like someone or not based solely on breast size.
Kordosa wrote:Boy, I really need to learn to keep my questions to myself. It only makes things worse.
The lunatics around you are once again doing something to lower your opinion of human intelligence. ~Face Palm
Your sense of time tells you how much of your life has been wasted because you didn't take us at our word. ~Cracked.com
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Image
Azu-nyan, Hina-chan, Aoyama-chan and Subaru-nyan-chan
User avatar
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:31 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by RegalStar » Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Bastion wrote:
Deathscyther wrote:
Eclairs wrote: We all pretty much know that Nova division is too easy. With Kanade >> Yuu > Kuroneko >>>> others. Its not even worth it. Stella bracket on the other hand is a different situation altogether.
While Nova has about 3 girls who are quite a bit stronger than the rest (Kanade, Eucliwood and Kuroneko), Stella only has about 5 (Shana, Taiga, Mikoto, Azusa and Yuki). So I guess both divisions are quite easy for the top tier girls.
From posts like this, I'm starting to think that maybe splitting the brackets wasn't such a good idea.
Without the power hitters from the other bracket, we have short of a dozen girls that are basically running away with the entire tournament. At least before there was some competition.
It's too early to say that it's the bracket's fault. Kanade is the main dealbreaker here, and at the current rate she will just overpower everything wherever you put her in. Eucliwood and Kuroneko are visibly stronger than rest of Nova yes, but that's only slightly more so than how Shana is visibly stronger than rest of Stella (and Eucliwood is only strong right now because she has an ongoing show anyways).
User avatar
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Posts: 5614
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:58 am
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.
Location: existing
Contact:

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Bastion » Thu May 17, 2012 7:00 pm

RegalStar wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Deathscyther wrote:
Eclairs wrote: We all pretty much know that Nova division is too easy. With Kanade >> Yuu > Kuroneko >>>> others. Its not even worth it. Stella bracket on the other hand is a different situation altogether.
While Nova has about 3 girls who are quite a bit stronger than the rest (Kanade, Eucliwood and Kuroneko), Stella only has about 5 (Shana, Taiga, Mikoto, Azusa and Yuki). So I guess both divisions are quite easy for the top tier girls.
From posts like this, I'm starting to think that maybe splitting the brackets wasn't such a good idea.
Without the power hitters from the other bracket, we have short of a dozen girls that are basically running away with the entire tournament. At least before there was some competition.
It's too early to say that it's the bracket's fault. Kanade is the main dealbreaker here, and at the current rate she will just overpower everything wherever you put her in. Eucliwood and Kuroneko are visibly stronger than rest of Nova yes, but that's only slightly more so than how Shana is visibly stronger than rest of Stella (and Eucliwood is only strong right now because she has an ongoing show anyways).
While it does bear in mind that this is only the first period of the season, only a handful of girls having such commanding leads doesn't make it all that likely that things are going to change significantly later. The gap may become smaller, but only marginally so from what I can see.
I think letting thing progress this far before these type of comments is actually late rather than early.

I think Kanade's superpower was broken last year, if she were to face-off against some of the Stella top-tiers, it'd probably be closer than things were last year.
I don't think that Eucilwood's ongoing show is significant to her power either, since sequel seasons usually don't give characters that much of a power boost in other cases, and this one doesn't seem to be anything special IMO.
User avatar
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:31 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 0
Wish: Miracles

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by RegalStar » Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Kanade's superpower has, if anything, risen up this year from missing the tiara last year, and Eluciwood's boost is very much real. If you kept tabs on the precentages of all matches as opposed to a few, it should be very much obvious, and Haruna has also been performing quite a bit better ever since April, as further supporting fact.

And like I said, Stella is also led by a handful of girls. It's mostly Shana > Taiga > Azusa/Mio/Mikoto > Haruhi/Yuki/Saber > Hina > Everyone else. For Nova, the structure is kind of like Kanade >> Euu/Kuroneko > Yui/Yuri/Sena/Kobato > Kirino > everyone else. Aside from Kanade, there's nothing too structurally different.
User avatar
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Posts: 7461
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:31 am
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Chocola » Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Splitting into divisions was never intended to solve everything. We already know that Kanade would dominate Nova, so our first goal was for the middle characters in Nova to be competitive. Done. Because Kanade isn't in Stella, she isn't "running away" and becoming the clear frontrunner of all characters like 2011, thus making the top contestants in Stella competitive. Done. Right now the division split is a huge success.

So in fact, there will always be a "group" of frontrunner either way. What we have in Stella is a bigger group of frontrunners instead of just one like last year, which of course would have a better chance at keeping voters for regular season. The best part for me is wondering how strong Eucliwood is compared to the top Stella 5 in 1v1. I'm going to have a lot of fun watching TRE and RS predict this data from group matches.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
User avatar
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:43 am
Badges:
Image
Worships: Bernkastel
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Fri May 18, 2012 1:03 am

RegalStar wrote:It's too early to say that it's the bracket's fault. Kanade is the main dealbreaker here, and at the current rate she will just overpower everything wherever you put her in. Eucliwood and Kuroneko are visibly stronger than rest of Nova yes, but that's only slightly more so than how Shana is visibly stronger than rest of Stella (and Eucliwood is only strong right now because she has an ongoing show anyways).
Kanade is definitely a problem to competitiveness that won't go away by merging the divisions. She would smack around everyone in Stella as well. I wouldn't say Shana is alone at the top of Stella. Taiga doesn't look that much weaker than Shana. It's just Shana is a bad matchup for Taiga. I'd say the gap between Kanade and Eucliwood and Eucliwood with the rest of the field is quite a bit larger than the gap between Shana/Taiga and the rest of the field. While Eucliwood may fade a bit after her current series ends, it's quite a drop just to meet Kuroneko let alone the rest of the field.
Bastion wrote:I think Kanade's superpower was broken last year, if she were to face-off against some of the Stella top-tiers, it'd probably be closer than things were last year.
I don't think that Eucilwood's ongoing show is significant to her power either, since sequel seasons usually don't give characters that much of a power boost in other cases, and this one doesn't seem to be anything special IMO.
I can't say I've seen any evidence of Kanade fading from last year. You could argue that all her massive blowouts don't really mean much but they certainly aren't negatives. I still need to catch up on Zombie Season 2. If what you claim it true it might not make much sense for Eucliwood to be stronger. However, she's been consistently putting out match results that suggest she's much stronger than she used to be.
KholdStare88 wrote:Splitting into divisions was never intended to solve everything. We already know that Kanade would dominate Nova, so our first goal was for the middle characters in Nova to be competitive. Done. Because Kanade isn't in Stella, she isn't "running away" and becoming the clear frontrunner of all characters like 2011, thus making the top contestants in Stella competitive. Done. Right now the division split is a huge success.

So in fact, there will always be a "group" of frontrunner either way. What we have in Stella is a bigger group of frontrunners instead of just one like last year, which of course would have a better chance at keeping voters for regular season. The best part for me is wondering how strong Eucliwood is compared to the top Stella 5 in 1v1. I'm going to have a lot of fun watching TRE and RS predict this data from group matches.
Even if Kanade is a problem, I don't think it would be fair to implement a solution for it. She is without a doubt way stronger than everyone else. It should be normal that she smacks everyone around. It (probably) won't last forever. She should be allow to get all the huge wins she wants for as long as she can maintain her superhuman ability.

Even if she isn't in Stella, Kanade is still the clear frontrunner of all characters this year. She's just that strong and splitting the divisions doesn't hide that.

I'm looking forward to the group matches as well.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Locked