Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: RESULTS: 2012 Aquamarine 5

Post by Chocola » Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 am

You completely misunderstood me. The division proposal has nothing to do with Kanade. In fact how dare you even hint that the ISML Staff would propose a system because of one character?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 am

KholdStare88 wrote:You completely misunderstood me. The division proposal has nothing to do with Kanade. In fact how dare you even hint that the ISML Staff would propose a system because of one character?
I didn't mean to imply that. I can't imagine the division proposal had anything to do with Kanade since it doesn't do anything to Kanade.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 am

Darth Blitzer wrote:I demand a recount, ballot box stuffing or hanging chads, most definitely hanging chads
A little late, but wasn't the recount request part of the tournament rules at one point? I think it was something to the effect that anyone in the ISML community could request a recount of the votes if they thought there an error was made during the tally, and that as long as that request was made within twelve hours (or was it twenty-four?) of the results being posted, that the ISML staff would recount the votes at their discretion. Is that right? And is anything like that still in effect?

My two cents on one way of looking at the division split:

What this actually does is weed out the Nova contestants each year (since characters from the more recent series are more likely to get in), to see who has staying power over the longterm. And then the Nova contestants that stick around long enough are eventually eligible to be placed in the Stella division due to their series age, and then they would have to prove themselves among the Stella veterans. If you look at it this way, the new format allows one to gauge the popularity/strength of a new character over a long period of time.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
shikari2011MPCws
Samurai
Samurai
Wish: In fact,I'm thinking about to make a Sparta Remix / Nico+ / YTPMV(+) / MAD in my video,for here,that's our group's main target.

I need a questions about that:

Post by shikari2011MPCws » Fri May 18, 2012 12:56 pm

the division split???what's this???
why I always got trouble about ISL???is I don't know about that?
sig too largeShow
well this sccound was insplited by shika-chan(Alan)'s,and he always like Sparta remix,with here...all right,do it!
SPC Magical Madhouse Team
Member list :
TC#1 konachan218(Black Lotus)
TC#2 UltraRemixerJR(RD.)
TC#3 shika.(miruru623/Madoka)
TC#4 KeroroSAN(dreamwish mash / Kagami)

12' ISML LIST
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
list can't show sorry
8X_e8fSO-LY
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Post by Wolfnagi » Fri May 18, 2012 3:17 pm

"see the great wall of post about ISML that I don't really care about"

So basically, Kanade is still top-tier like usual. That's the only thing I know bout Nova...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 pm

Nova = kuudere division ?
Stella = tsundere division ?
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Post by Wolfnagi » Fri May 18, 2012 4:15 pm

maglor wrote:Nova = kuudere division ?
Stella = tsundere division ?
I would prefer that very much, maglor
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nepommic
Nikuman
Nikuman

Post by Nepommic » Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 pm

its some weird thing where they split the newcomers and veterans. not really working out. lol
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
loudmouth
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Wish: To go to heaven

Post by loudmouth » Sat May 19, 2012 4:06 am

Nepommic wrote:its some weird thing where they split the newcomers and veterans. not really working out. lol
It seems to be working pretty well to me. It allows for girls who would never enter the league to have a chance. Maybe it's not perfect but it's still far and away better than any of the other Saimoe tourneys.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Sat May 19, 2012 10:19 pm

Someone requesting for translation of a reply to a post in Anizone *cough* so on behalf of him:

There are several problems with the Nova League right now, but here I will just discuss how meaningless it was to divide up the league into Nova and Stella:

Last year during regular season, there was a discussion on the problem of decreasing vote totals, its reason, and possible solutions to that problem. One of the suggested reasons was that we only get to see the same characters (Haruhi, Yuki, Shana, Hinagiku, etc.) over and over again. In order to resolve this problem, the ISML has created a system with two leagues: Nova, which would host "new characters", and Stella, which would host "veteran characters". This new system sought to have an effect of both increased vote totals and an environment where new characters can shine as well.

But it seems to be not working: in general, the average vote totals of Nova league are less than Stella league's. Within Nova, though, only/mostly match-ups with Kanade, Yuri, and Yui (AB!) are the ones with highest vote totals (about the same as Stella division match-up). Recently, even though it was an inter-series match-up, Kanade vs Yui ended up getting the highest vote total (7941) in Nova league. Which is weird, considering how vote totals tend to decrease when we have an inter-series match-up.

So how are the real "new characters" doing? Not that well. We can see that the top performers in Nova are Kanade, Eucliwood, Kuroneko, (and Yui, arguably). These are all contestants that had a great record in last year's ISML. Three of them earned a necklace last year. Compare them to Kashiwazaki Sena and Hasegawa Kobato, two of the top "new characters" in Nova league. Their strengths are nowhere near the top performers in Nova listed before. In addition, the number of "new characters" in (Nova? ISML) are 22, which is only one more than last year's 21. To summarize, even within Nova league, we see an ironic situation where the returnees are dominating the real "new characters".

In the end, I see that dividing ISML into Nova and Stella made no major impact on ISML other than increasing the number of total contestants in the main league.

"The division proposal has nothing to do with Kanade. In fact how dare you even hint that the ISML Staff would propose a system because of one character?" said KholdStare88 in ISML forums. He says you can't change a system just because of one character. But sadly, there are not one, but several characters that are the cause of this problem.

Don't shoot the messenger :arrowed:
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

We're having increased participation in ISML 2012 compared to Aquamarine of last year, so thank you ISML voters. There are two main points of division split. (1) more characters in regular season -> more participation. (2) less matches -> less work for staff. So, just the format itself kills two birds with one stone, and that's enough to expect.

If you were expecting for the format to somehow "make Kanade weaker" or "make new characters stronger" or give some characters advantages/disadvantages, then you misunderstood the format. Also, further discussion of whether or not something "works" should be left for the end of the season instead of immature analysis. I will lock this thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Post by Momo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 pm

Answer to Results Trivia
1) How many matches had a VD of less than 100? 4
2) How many characters had a winning percentage of more than 65%? 1 - Tachibana Kanade with 70.06%
3) What is the winning percentage of Takanashi Sora/Miu? 72%
Cookies:
RegalStar 1
Roo-loves-Elsie 2
Deathscyther 1
Midnight-Jasper 2
Jeffrey-sama 3
HasbeenaHibiki 1
TRE 1
shikari2011MPCws 2
Umi 1
shiraoky 2