Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 1

Post by Kiopi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Haven't done this in a long time.
Attachments
AQ14_01.png
AQ14_01.png (81.67 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Last edited by Kiopi on Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
HasbeenaHibiki
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: セニョール・ハズビーナ, ティエリア・アーデ, ダークライ,天ノ川 きらら,紅城 トワ
Melon Pan: 201
2019 Female Favorite: Platelet
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Kurumizawa Satanichia McDowell
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2017 Female Favorite: Yazawa Nico
2017 Male Favorite: Reigen Arataka
Wish: A precure making it in ISML and a very popular male Saimoe. Also a Mucha Lucha anime. Darkrai in Saimoe

Post by HasbeenaHibiki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Kordosa wrote:[*]And Hinagiku barely defeating Menma is definitely a bad sign...
I agree it makes it look like Hina's chances of ISML 2015 is pretty bleak.
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Sad that Illya and Seibaa lost.
The vote totals are kinda low for the first match day?
ragna92
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Post by ragna92 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Curisu wrote:
ragna92 wrote:
SpoilerShow
Curisu wrote:Good
Yoshino 5138 - 2349 Rin

OK
Kurisu 3826 - 3166 Victorique // Expected a higher VD.
Rikka 4559 - 3119 Yukino

No! No! No!
Sora 3510 - 3761 Kirino

Very, very shit results
None

Unexpected
Shana 3284 - 4396 Mashiro
Kurumi 5059 - 2727 Mirai
So what was unexpected of the Kurumi and Mashiro matches? Did you think they would beat their opponents much worse?
The VD of both matches are higher than my expection.
Really? These were pretty obvious results considering their strengths.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Meiko Honma wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:^ We get that Memna is your favorite. Can we have an educated discussion about the results outside of that? I don't want to be rude, but please try not to obsessively post about a single character only, it doesn't contribute to the conversation.
And I guess slandering her does and I am not allowed to defend her?
RegalStar wrote:Who is slandering her?
Meiko Honma
Persocom
Persocom
Worships: Nonoka Komiya/Kitty
Wish: I wish that people of this forum liked kitty more

Post by Meiko Honma » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Answer to above, those who think that Hina is superior to her. Nobody here is superior to anybody (except maybe Kanade and her huge fanbase), but even so, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I do respect your opinions, but respect mine in return. Just because I vote for Menma and my other choices doesn't make me a villain......
Menma will be ISML champion this year. Even if people hate me for it, it will be well worth it.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 pm

I wouldn't have expected Hina-tan to survive another year before, but this result just makes it clearer.
Rather low vote differences, expected those to be higher than 2k at the start of the year. Even Kanade didn't do all that significant.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Zen Wistalia
Wish: ISML - A new face for the champion.
KBM - to revive
AST - to encourage international participation
IRL - My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 pm

@Kiopi: There are a total of 38 areas. Arena 19 is a separate Arena 19/Arena 20 match.
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
2017 Female Favorite: Shiodome Miuna
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Meiko Honma wrote:Answer to above, those who think that Hina is superior to her. Nobody here is superior to anybody (except maybe Kanade and her huge fanbase), but even so, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. I do respect your opinions, but respect mine in return. Just because I vote for Menma and my other choices doesn't make me a villain......
Umm, nobody is questioning opinion right here...I mean, I chose Memna over Hina as well. And I personally thought that Memna had the better stats behind her, and I voted that way for Fantasy (and got rekt).

When we talk about superiority, we are usually referring to statistical data. Of course certain characters are statistically favored to win in certain matches, thus "superior" in that way. You have to keep the numbers separate from the characters. We're going to be talking a lot about character strength for the rest of the year, and that is basically all stats and history based.

We respect your opinion, and we'd like to hear your thoughts. You can vote for anybody you'd like, nobody is going to should criticize your opinions. But if you are going to keep posting that Memna is your favorite and that nobody can say that Memna is weak(er than certain characters), then that may become an issue. I mean, just imagine if everybody did that with their favorites. That would seriously suck.
Meiko Honma
Persocom
Persocom

Post by Meiko Honma » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm

It's just that my heart tells me Menma should win, so I just go with my heart. I promise I won't be talking about her anymore, though. I will just be silent supporter in the shadows.
Menma will be ISML champion this year. Even if people hate me for it, it will be well worth it.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Meiko Honma wrote:Just because I vote for Menma and my other choices doesn't make me a villain......
No one tried to vilify either you or Menma. You're free to vote for anyone you want.
blaZofgold wrote:
Meiko Honma wrote:those who think that Hina is superior to her. Nobody here is superior to anybody
When we talk about superiority, we are usually referring to statistical data. Of course certain characters are statistically favored to win in certain matches, thus "superior" in that way. You have to keep the numbers separate from the characters. We're going to be talking a lot about character strength for the rest of the year, and that is basically all stats and history based.
This.
blaZofgold wrote:But if you are going to keep posting that Memna is your favorite and that nobody can say that Memna is weak(er than certain characters), then that may become an issue. I mean, just imagine if everybody did that with their favorites. That would seriously suck.
I personally don't have anything wrong with simple fan gushing since I think everyone does it now and then.

I think I would take much more issue with people if they made roleplaying forum profiles (as seems to be the trend on Youtube and other sites). That's just plain annoying, and most of the roleplaying itself is poorly done because the characters end up being flanderized or just plain out of character.
Meiko Honma wrote:I promise I won't be talking about her anymore, though. I will just be silent supporter in the shadows.
No one suggested you had to do that either. By all means, there is a campaign subforum to drum up support for your favorites, and the first post of each voting thread specifically allows for campaigning for characters as long as you follow the guidelines. The campaign subforum also has its own guidelines to follow if you decide to post there.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
lightjz
Bard
Bard
Worships: Yagami Raito
Wish: To have Azu-nyan meeting me in real life

Post by lightjz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:54 pm

Momo lost to chocolat......sad cuz the graph shows that she has been above chocolat the whole time, and randomly got overtaken at the end
Seems like Kanade is still extremely popular with the most votes
Image Image
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:35 am

Kurisu gets a win over Victorique with 700+ votes, nice, I expect another win today.

Hina just ekes out a win. Her first loss will come. Hopefully today
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:32 am

Table fixed. Template was stuck in 2013 format.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Back to the Hina VS Menma talk, to be fair, I kinda expected Menma to win. Hina barely made it in this year while Menma made it at the second attempt or something? Granted, those were multi-way battles, and I didn't really pay attention to the seeding battles, but still, I don't figure Menma to be weak.

Of course, I don't expect either to really make it to post-season, so yea. They'll probably both sit around 20-25th or something. Unless something weird happens.
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
Meiko Honma
Persocom
Persocom

Post by Meiko Honma » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:06 pm

According to my sixth sense, that won't be the case, as both Hina and Menma are moving up.
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 pm

Both HnG and AnoHana franchises are dead though. So unless you make hundreds of new people interested in AnoHana (great show, even if I vastly prefer other girls, especially Anaru, to Menma so I wish you luck with it), she has little chance to grow significantly stronger. Sure, HnG had two anime seasons and movie lately but those were done by Manglobe so it wouldn't make much difference if they didn't exist at all. I certainly would prefer it that way, CTMEoY was terrible.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Progeusz wrote:Both HnG and AnoHana franchises are dead though. So unless you make hundreds of new people interested in AnoHana (great show, even if I vastly prefer other girls, especially Anaru, to Menma so I wish you luck with it), she has little chance to grow significantly stronger. Sure, HnG had two anime seasons and movie lately but those were done by Manglobe so it wouldn't make much difference if they didn't exist at all. I certainly would prefer it that way, CTMEoY was terrible.
I have a feeling that Hayate will fail horribly in anything it tries to do until it decides to follow the manga, like the ending of season 2 implied they would do eventually. There's just too many who want to see Athena and the arcs she played a part in animated, and the parts she played in season 4 was just horrible. Even in the manga they weren't that good.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:57 am

Bastion wrote:
Progeusz wrote:Both HnG and AnoHana franchises are dead though. So unless you make hundreds of new people interested in AnoHana (great show, even if I vastly prefer other girls, especially Anaru, to Menma so I wish you luck with it), she has little chance to grow significantly stronger. Sure, HnG had two anime seasons and movie lately but those were done by Manglobe so it wouldn't make much difference if they didn't exist at all. I certainly would prefer it that way, CTMEoY was terrible.
I have a feeling that Hayate will fail horribly in anything it tries to do until it decides to follow the manga, like the ending of season 2 implied they would do eventually. There's just too many who want to see Athena and the arcs she played a part in animated, and the parts she played in season 4 was just horrible. Even in the manga they weren't that good.
Unfortunately, I think it's even too far gone for that. This will be Hina's last year even if they do make some miracle anime that follows the manga
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:35 pm

Desufire wrote:Unfortunately, I think it's even too far gone for that. This will be Hina's last year even if they do make some miracle anime that follows the manga
I think Hina and Athena might have a chance if that miracle anime (and it would have to be an anime, not just a movie or OVA) comes to be, with a chance for Nagi, since they play such a significant part of the tale, but I see it as unlikely at best.
The two franchise wins this year are probably because of the events going on in the manga and weak opponents.