RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

TrueSuffering
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo
Worships: Kamijou Touma, God of Correcting Lives
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Megumin
2017 Male Favorite: Satō Kazuma
Wish: The destruction of 88% of humanity.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Aquamarine 8

Post by TrueSuffering » Mon May 05, 2014 7:16 am

Jiharo wrote:You said it yourself: AFTER Aquamarine, where Kanade is already out of the picture for the rest of RS. Why aren't people talking about them when Kanade is still in the picture? It made it sound like so long Kanade is still around, these girls are not important. People should talk more about them WHILE Kanade is in and not when she's out.
The problem here is that it's hard NOT to talk about her while she stands around and remains such a huge threat. It's not that the other girls aren't getting enough talk, Kanade is just too strong to ignore.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon May 05, 2014 8:12 am

TrueSuffering wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
Desufire wrote:I have a feeling the math captcha might have also been a factor. #ConspiracyTheorist
This is something that has been annoying me. I don't see how any of the regular season results can be taken at face value (and especially not if used for statistical calculations/predictions), simply because the captchas haven't been a constant factor. They were there, and then they were changed. If they had been there when the regular season started with no changes made to it, then it would be a constant factor, and I could take the results just fine without having a cloud of doubt in the back of my mind about what kind of effects they had on the voting, and how much fluctuation there was in those effects.
Wasn't it implemented to prevent people from cheating with fake votes? It shouldn't make a difference when it comes to normal voters and captchas change all the time. It's not like the math was hard or anything anyway. Saying a simple captcha which is so widely used everywhere is stemming votes sounds kind of silly.
You are assuming that normal voters will be able to solve the new captcha with a 100% success rate, which is frankly not realistic. And the issue wasn't so much the implementation of the captcha system than it was changing the type of captcha with only an annoucement on the forum (and no, I would assume most voters don't visit the forum so they wouldn't have seen it anyway). If the captcha solution method were similar to the previous version, there wouldn't be a problem, but even among our own forum users, there were some issues and concerns.

Let me make myself clear, I am absolutely not against catching illegal votes. But I am concerned with affecting normal votes, inadvertently or otherwise, simply because I don't like the idea of leaving honest voters out due to some sort of technical reason. But I have read Crisu's response on the matter, and I understand the good intentions of the Staff concerning ISML, so I will try not to let it bother me anymore.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 am

I just want to say that we posted a news post (on the official site) about it, and I also sent the message over to baidu to be translated before voting started. It is not only an announcement in THIS forum. Remember that we also accepted people who just typed in the numbers without solving them for Aquamarine 8, so at least for one match that type of mistake is covered.

Also you will see a change in our captcha for Amethyst, so I will LOVE to see everyone's reactions when they vote.

EDIT: It's still math.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

KholdStare88 wrote:I just want to say that we posted a news post (on the official site) about it, and I also sent the message over to baidu to be translated before voting started. It is not only an announcement in THIS forum. Remember that we also accepted people who just typed in the numbers without solving them for Aquamarine 8, so at least for one match that type of mistake is covered.

Also you will see a change in our captcha for Amethyst, so I will LOVE to see everyone's reactions when they vote.

Not gonna be interesting so long it's still math.
TrueSuffering
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by TrueSuffering » Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:I just want to say that we posted a news post (on the official site) about it, and I also sent the message over to baidu to be translated before voting started. It is not only an announcement in THIS forum. Remember that we also accepted people who just typed in the numbers without solving them for Aquamarine 8, so at least for one match that type of mistake is covered.

Wow, didn't know you could even do something like make captcha accept two answers like that.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Mon May 05, 2014 2:31 pm

Jiharo wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:Also you will see a change in our captcha for Amethyst, so I will LOVE to see everyone's reactions when they vote.

How about if you get the captcha wrong, it's streamed in real time to millions of viewers at home?

Also, the audience members above all completed their education in Washington state prior to 2007.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 pm

TrueSuffering wrote:Wow, didn't know you could even do something like make captcha accept two answers like that.
You never heard about Operation ReNigger?
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Mon May 05, 2014 10:59 pm

For those interested, here are my character rankings from before Aquamarine 1 and after Aquamarine 7:

Before Aquamarine 1:
Character Ranking before Aquamarine 1Show
Tachibana Kanade - 71.5
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) - 65.44
Misaka Mikoto - 61.46
Eucliwood Hellscythe - 61.44
Shiina Mashiro - 59.84
Aragaki Ayase - 58.49
Aisaka Taiga - 54.13
Shana - 53.29
Nakamura Yuri - 53.17
Yuzuriha Inori - 52.77
Hasegawa Kobato - 52.74
Yui-nyan - 52.38
Akiyama Mio - 51.12
Nakano Azusa - 50.29
Kashiwazaki Sena - 49.96
Konjiki no Yami - 48
Saber - 47.08
Oshino Shinobu - 45.91
Hirasawa Yui - 45.63
Makise Kurisu - 44.72
Last Order - 44.4
Charlotte Dunois - 44.31
Kasugano Sora - 43.99
Kōsaka Kirino - 43.74
Honma Meiko - 43.01
Katsura Hinagiku - 42.98
Nagato Yuki - 42.87
Victorique de Blois - 41.59
Suzumiya Haruhi - 41.11
Illyasviel von Einzbern - 40.67
Senjōgahara Hitagi - 40.64
Kirishima Shōko - 40.2
Iwasawa Masami - 39.95
Sengoku Nadeko - 39.59
Mikazuki Yozora - 38.62
Tōwa Erio - 38.18

Tokisaki Kurumi - 60.52
Itsuka Kotori - 57.81
Takanashi Rikka - 57.55
Yūki Asuna - 57.45
Yoshino - 57
Kuroyukihime - 54.87
Yatogami Tōka - 52.1
Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko - 50.52
Chitanda Eru - 49.88
Nibutani Shinka - 47.97
Aoyama Nanami - 46.93
Yukinoshita Yukino - 45.5
Kurousagi - 45.29
Yūki Mikan - 44.94
Kuriyama Mirai - 43.75
Yaya - 43.22
Tobiichi Origami - 42.9
Takanashi Tōka - 42.13
Azuki Azusa - 42.1
Kirigaya Suguha - 41.8
Yui - 41.25
Momo Belia Deviluke - 40.32
Haqua du Lot Herminium - 40.2
Nyarlathotep - 39.83
Shokuhō Misaki - 39.18
Shiomiya Shiori - 37.98
Chocolat - 37.66
Roromiya Karuta - 37.42
Charlotte Belew - 37.16
Dekomori Sanae - 37
Natsume Rin - 36.86
Laura Bodewig - 36.47
Yukihira Furano - 36.46
Shirakiin Ririchiyo - 36.11
Nōmi Kudryavka - 35.98
Himeragi Yukina - 35.17
After Aquamarine 7:
Character Ranking after Aquamarine 7Show
Tachibana Kanade - 70.95
Misaka Mikoto - 64.07
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) - 62.86
Shiina Mashiro - 62.11
Aragaki Ayase - 58.16
Eucliwood Hellscythe - 58.16
Aisaka Taiga - 57.8
Shana - 54.74
Yui-nyan - 53.31
Nakano Azusa - 52.25
Hasegawa Kobato - 51.74
Akiyama Mio - 51.53
Nakamura Yuri - 50.94
Yuzuriha Inori - 50.38
Kashiwazaki Sena - 48.38
Saber - 47.16
Konjiki no Yami - 46.66
Oshino Shinobu - 45.9
Makise Kurisu - 45.57
Suzumiya Haruhi - 45.4
Nagato Yuki - 45.31
Kōsaka Kirino - 45.26
Hirasawa Yui - 44.96
Charlotte Dunois - 44.95
Kasugano Sora - 43.93
Last Order - 43.06
Senjōgahara Hitagi - 41.75
Illyasviel von Einzbern - 41.1
Victorique de Blois - 40.98
Honma Meiko - 40.96
Katsura Hinagiku - 40.86
Mikazuki Yozora - 40.44
Kirishima Shōko - 40.03
Sengoku Nadeko - 38.82
Tōwa Erio - 38.65
Iwasawa Masami - 37.51

Tokisaki Kurumi - 59.9
Yoshino - 59.63
Itsuka Kotori - 59.56
Takanashi Rikka - 55.15
Kuroyukihime - 54.23
Yūki Asuna - 53.61
Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko - 53.43
Yatogami Tōka - 52.25
Aoyama Nanami - 49.9
Chitanda Eru - 49.89
Nibutani Shinka - 49
Kurousagi - 47.74
Azuki Azusa - 46.61
Yaya - 45.4
Yukinoshita Yukino - 43.99
Yūki Mikan - 42.68
Kuriyama Mirai - 42.1
Nyarlathotep - 41.54
Momo Belia Deviluke - 41.09
Haqua du Lot Herminium - 41.04
Yui - 40.67
Takanashi Tōka - 40.33
Tobiichi Origami - 40.07
Shokuhō Misaki - 39.3
Natsume Rin - 38.81
Chocolat - 38.7
Shiomiya Shiori - 37.81
Dekomori Sanae - 37.48
Charlotte Belew - 37.42
Himeragi Yukina - 36.87
Shirakiin Ririchiyo - 36.44
Laura Bodewig - 36.1
Nōmi Kudryavka - 35.93
Yukihira Furano - 35.84
Roromiya Karuta - 35.82
Kirigaya Suguha - 35.22

While they still look quite a bit weaker than they did last year, Haruhi and Yuki both bounced by from some pretty awful preliminary round performances. Going by theie regular season strength, these two would probably have a year or two of life left in them but if they continue to perform poorly in preliminaries, this may be their final year. Taiga also seemed to bounce back up from her preliminary performances. On the Nova side it was a bit difficult to gauge some character from only a handful of performances. I wasn't really super impressed with Azuki Azusa but she she's proven me wrong since then. It's a long road ahead but she's got a good shot at making the playoffs. Tsukiko also looks a bit stronger than I initally expected.

Relative to last year, Suguha doesn't look that much worse than before. However, she's fallen a lot from the Suguha who could beat Shiori, Laura and Misaki. I guess she's just the type to do better in preliminaries. Asuna seemed to be the same way. While Date A Live looks great taking the top three spots of Nova and a decent gap between third and fourth, Origami hasn't looked so good. It might seem weird that Kotori is in third after beating Kurumi but that's partially because my model completely ignores same series match ups since they are frequently an outlier result. The top three Date a Live characters don't seem to be too far apart in strength. Eucliwood took a tumble in my stats after that loss to Kanade. Right now its her most recent match so that result is weighed fairly heavily but I expect Eucliwood to recover a bit during the next period. Kuroneko is largely fallen back to her pre-season 2 level of strength leaving Kanade alone at the top again. As great as the Date A Live characters have performed, I wouldn't really say they are on Kanade's level. Also even after Kuroneko's fall she's still consider the third strongest character. Everyone in my top three has already won a Tiara so does that means a repeat winner is inevitible this year?
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
TrueSuffering
Mahou shoujo
Mahou shoujo

Post by TrueSuffering » Tue May 06, 2014 2:19 am

Progeusz wrote:
TrueSuffering wrote:Wow, didn't know you could even do something like make captcha accept two answers like that.
You never heard about Operation ReNigger?
No? That doesn't sound like something I would want to hear about in the first place.
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Tue May 06, 2014 9:20 am

Kordosa wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:Also you will see a change in our captcha for Amethyst, so I will LOVE to see everyone's reactions when they vote.

How about if you get the captcha wrong, it's streamed in real time to millions of viewers at home?

Also, the audience members above all completed their education in Washington state prior to 2007.
This is cool and LOL the video for recommending my country's math textbook. Well, a pity the guy couldn't solve it.