Archived write-ups can be found here for reference: http://2016.internationalsaimoe.com/con ... _index.php"
- You must be fair to all candidates involved.
- Writers have a max total of 5 previews per round.
- 200-word limit for each Regular Season Female preview, Regular Season Male preview, and 1v1 Exhibition preview, regardless of content or style.
- 300-word limit for each Exhibition 2v2 preview, due to the pairing of contestants.
- 450-word limit for each Necklace/Pendant and Necklace/Pendant Exhibition preview.
- Please use the spelling conventions that ISML uses (e.g. with the macrons ō and ū).
- Because these will be on the front page, appropriateness and quality of writing are extremely important.
- Please proofread your work from the perspective of a normal visitor; would he or she understand what you wrote?
- Try to avoid major plot/character spoilers.
- Unfortunately, not every submission will be featured.
- And perhaps MOST IMPORTANT, final revisions of the submissions must be turned in, at the latest, at 10:00 GMT--5 hours before the start of each match.
- Beware of long, cumbersome sentences. While many of them are technically correct, with their commas and conjunctions, they often sound very awkward and become difficult to follow after some length. Try to be considerate of your readers and vary up your sentences' lengths to create regular patterns. Read your works out loud and consider how each sentence sounds.
- Be very careful of using the same words over and over (example: "girl"), and of using the same sentence structures repeatedly (ex: "Girl A blah blah blah blah blah. On the other hand, Girl B blah blah blah"). Avoid repetition and get creative with your descriptions of the contestants, while still remaining true to their characters.
- Most of all, try to have fun with your writing! If you find yourself in a slump and using the same style repeatedly with no vigor to your work, then take a break. Maybe read a blog entry or something elsewhere to freshen up your language, then try to write on a clean page. If you're forcing yourself and not having fun, then stop. Come back for the next round. If you're having trouble with something, let us know here and someone or multiple "someones" is/are bound to jump in and aid you.