Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: Aquamarine Period 2020 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Momento10 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:46 am

Aquamarine 5

Tōsaka Rin (Fate Series) vs Ishtar (Fate Series)
SpoilerShow
Tōsaka Rin: Who are you? Why do you have my face?
Ishtar: I'm you. I'm everything you want me to be!
Tōsaka Rin: Speak for yourself!
Ishtar: I'm the most powerful and beautiful person in the world. Don't you want people to recognize your achievements?
Tōsaka Rin: It's true that I've sought for my father's attention; however, that's in the past. I'm going to carve my own path.
Ishtar: As a goddess, I should be showered with praise. People ought to bow before me and offer me gemstones.
Tōsaka Rin: I've worked hard to become a model student. I don't want others to know of my competitive and mischievous side.
Ishtar: At least, I'm openly affectionate to boys I like. Can you say the same about yourself?
Tōsaka Rin: My relationship with him is strictly professional.
Ishtar: I know you're lying. Leading him on like that is childish.
Tōsaka Rin: Stop it! How would you know how I feel?
Ishtar: I already told you; I'm you. There's nothing I don't know about it.
Tōsaka Rin: No, you're not me. In the name of the Tōsaka family, I will defeat you!
Ishtar: Come, magus! Your attacks with never touch me!
Fujiwara Chika (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Miyazono Kaori (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
SpoilerShow
Life is too short not to expend as much energy as possible. Fujiwara Chika shows her affection by teasing others to get a good reaction out of them. Her top priority is to have as much fun as possible, whether it be participating in her Tabletop Gaming Club, solving mysteries, or discussing romance. Miyazono Kaori does not let any moment go to waste and takes everything on with a smile on her face. Kaori challenges others by making them listen to her unorthodox style, proving that music can still be created without relying on every note in a musical score. In this piano and violin duet, who will prove that she will enjoy her performance more than the other?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 pm

This was the match that lordzymeth wrote down a few days ago, now that the match has finally appeared on the ISML main website preview. It has been edited to meet the 200 word limit requirement.

Kamijō Tōma (Toaru Series) vs Saitama (One-Punch Man)
SpoilerShow
The brofist battle is back -- a clash of fists between two famous heroes from light novels and manga: Toaru superstar Kamijō "Imagine Breaker" Tōma vs. "One Punch Man" Saitama!!

Last year, the teenage student shattered "caped baldy"'s dreams of reaching the quarter-finals for the first time in the latter's career. Is Saitama's time as a top-class hero finally over? A true hero must seize this opportunity to rise again and to assuage the doubts of his friends and himself. This time, the caped baldy cannot let this chance slip away.

Meanwhile, Tōma looks to double down on his chances of victory in the ring tonight. Detractors may say that his victory against Saitama last year was a fluke, but he already has rotten luck! Nevertheless, the student from Academy City sets out to silence his critics by showing them what he's truly capable of.

The stakes are as important as the circumstances --- whoever wins this match will secure his spot as the top character in his group --- and a chance to compete among the best fighters in the much-anticipated "Aquamarine Pendant" Royal Rumble.

Which fighter do you think deserves the win? Cast your votes now!
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Ishtar (Fate Series) vs Aqua (KonoSuba)
SpoilerShow
An epic, divine clash is in the works when these two goddesses prepare for war eons in the making. The fiery Ishtar wastes little time making her presence felt in Mesopotamia. She skirts around in the air while firing energy beams from above, maintaining her combat supremacy. To further prove how mighty she is, she places her temple on top of a mountain and decorates it with lavish treasures. Just as boastful as her adversary, Aqua doesn't hesitate to inform everyone why she is the greatest goddess there is. She prefers to enjoy life as much as possible while working as little as possible. She believes that everyone should be praying to her daily and sending her gifts, as her power increases the more followers she has. Can Ishtar vaporize her opponent with the power of Venus, or will Aqua blow her away with the strength of the Axis Order?
Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD) vs Merlin (Fate Series)
SpoilerShow
Hope is something that should be cherished and not taken for granted. Okazaki Tomoya found no pleasure living in a town full of bad memories. A chance encounter with a timid girl allowed him to enjoy life a little more. Now part of a club with a circle of friends, his new goal is to provide support for those in need. Merlin dislikes humans, but is rather curious about humanity. Normally, he would not go out of his way to intervene in certain events. Thanks to a conversation with one who crosses in between timelines, his desire to protect humanity grows stronger, and he will do anything to support it. Which of these two characters will be able to see their goals fulfilled?
Last edited by Momento10 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grish
[Erithacus rubecula]
[Erithacus rubecula]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: birds
Melon Pan: 101
2020 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2020 Male Favorite: Kageyama Shigeo
2019 Female Favorite: Uraraka Ochako
2019 Male Favorite: Edward Elric
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck

Post by Grish » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:26 am

Momento10 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:16 pm
Can Ishtar vaporize her opponent with the power of Venus, or will Aqua blow her away with the strength of the Axis Order?
small correction
MALTumblr
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 am

^Thank you for catching that. It's been fixed now
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:05 am

Aquamarine 6

Kamijō Tōma (Toaru Series) vs Saitama (One-Punch Man)
SpoilerShow
The brofist battle is back -- a clash of fists between two famous heroes from light novels and manga: Toaru superstar Kamijō "Imagine Breaker" Tōma vs. "One Punch Man" Saitama!!

Last year, the teenage student shattered "caped baldy"'s dreams of reaching the quarter-finals for the first time in the latter's career. Is Saitama's time as a top-class hero finally over? A true hero must seize this opportunity to rise again and to assuage the doubts of his friends and himself. This time, the caped baldy cannot let this chance slip away.

Meanwhile, Tōma looks to double down on his chances of victory in the ring tonight. Detractors may say that his victory against Saitama last year was a fluke, but he already has rotten luck! Nevertheless, the student from Academy City sets out to silence his critics by showing them what he's truly capable of.

The stakes are as important as the circumstances --- whoever wins this match will secure his spot as the top character in his group --- and a chance to compete among the best fighters in the much-anticipated "Aquamarine Pendant" Royal Rumble.

Which fighter do you think deserves the win? Cast your votes now!
Ishtar (Fate Series) vs Aqua (KonoSuba)
SpoilerShow
An epic, divine clash is in the works when these two goddesses prepare for war eons in the making. The fiery Ishtar wastes little time making her presence felt in Mesopotamia. She skirts around in the air while firing energy beams from above, maintaining her combat supremacy. To further prove how mighty she is, she places her temple on top of a mountain and decorates it with lavish treasures. Just as boastful as her adversary, Aqua doesn't hesitate to inform everyone why she is the greatest goddess there is. She prefers to enjoy life as much as possible while working as little as possible. She believes that everyone should be praying to her daily and sending her gifts, as her power increases the more followers she has. Can Ishtar vaporize her opponent with the power of Venus, or will Aqua blow her away with the strength of the Axis Order?
Okazaki Tomoya (CLANNAD) vs Merlin (Fate Series)
SpoilerShow
Hope is something that should be cherished and not taken for granted. Okazaki Tomoya found no pleasure living in a town full of bad memories. A chance encounter with a timid girl allowed him to enjoy life a little more. Now part of a club with a circle of friends, his new goal is to provide support for those in need. Merlin dislikes humans, but is rather curious about humanity. Normally, he would not go out of his way to intervene in certain events. Thanks to a conversation with one who crosses in between timelines, his desire to protect humanity grows stronger, and he will do anything to support it. Which of these two characters will be able to see their goals fulfilled?
Special thanks to Grish, lordzymeth, and Momento10 for contributing today's match previews.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:47 am

Furukawa Nagisa (CLANNAD) vs Azusagawa Kaede (AoButa)
SpoilerShow
It takes courage to take that first step that could change one's life for the better. At first, Furukawa Nagisa had trouble making friends and was commonly seen eating alone at the school courtyard. However, after an encounter with an eccentric boy, Nagisa worked hard to find people who would assist her in making her dreams come true. As long as she is able to carry the dreams that her father and mother once had, she will be content. Due to cyberbullying, Azusagawa Kaede chose to confine herself in her house. After several of her brother's acquaintances hang out at their house, Kaede's stance on leaving the house starts to change. Slowly, she opens herself up and tries on new clothes, hoping to one day step foot off of her home. Who will be able to continue her pace in order to realize her dreams?
Akemi Homura (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs Ram (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
SpoilerShow
They do not need to be understood; they never wanted to be understood. Akemi Homura has been working alone for as long as she can remember. Associating herself with others will only cause her more suffering. Therefore, she pushes them away, making sure they do not get caught in the crossfire of her crusade against the witches. She would rather carry the burden of her mission herself rather than share the burden among her peers. Ram's sharp tongue and quick reactions are more of a defense mechanism. She does not want other to know too much about her and her sister's past, as it would only sadden the latter. She will do anything to keep the status quo and keep outsiders away from their business. She will only open up to those she trusts will not judge them after leaning her history. Who will be able to find it in her heart to reach out for help when all is lost?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:05 am

Aquamarine 7

Furukawa Nagisa (CLANNAD) vs Azusagawa Kaede (AoButa)
SpoilerShow
It takes courage to take that first step that could change one's life for the better. At first, Furukawa Nagisa had trouble making friends and was commonly seen eating alone at the school courtyard. After an encounter with an eccentric boy, Nagisa worked hard to find people who would assist her in making her wishes come true. As long as she was able to fulfill the dreams that her father and mother once had, she will be content. Due to cyberbullying, Azusagawa Kaede chose to confine herself in her house. After several of her brother's acquaintances mingled at their house, Kaede's stance on leaving the house began to change. Slowly, she opened herself up and tried on new clothes, hoping to one day step foot off of her home. Who will be able to continue her pace in order to realize her dream?
Akemi Homura (Puella Magi Madoka ☆ Magica) vs Ram (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)
SpoilerShow
They do not need to be understood; they never wanted to be understood. Akemi Homura has been working alone for as long as she can remember. Associating herself with others will only cause her more suffering. Therefore, she pushes them away, making sure they do not get caught in the crossfire during her crusade against the witches. She would rather carry the burden of her mission all by herself rather than share it among her peers. Ram's sharp tongue and quick reactions are defense mechanisms. She does not want other to know too much about her and her sister's past, as it would only sadden the latter. She will do anything to keep the status quo and keep outsiders away from their business. She will only open up to those she trusts will not judge them after leaning her history. Who will be able to find it in her heart to reach out for help when all is lost?
Special thanks to WoodyMC and Momento10 for contributing today's match previews.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:39 am

Ōmae Kumiko (Hibike! Euphonium) vs Nakano Miku (5-tōbun no Hanayome)
SpoilerShow
It only takes one key event for things to set in motion. At first, Ōmae Kumiko wanted to enjoy her high school life by picking up a new instrument to learn in her concert band. When she met an old acquaintance who seriously wanted to take the band to the nationals, Kumiko did not want to let her down. If it meant playing an instrument that she was not keen to continue playing, Kumiko will do so in order to observe how far the band can go. Nakano Miku was fine maintaining the status quo that she had with her sisters. When a tutor arrived to help with their grades, Miku was wary at first, but eventually assisted him with gathering her sisters for their study sessions. She may be reserved and unable to express her feelings properly, but Miku is the backbone of her family, assisting them in various ways that no one else could. Who will be able to work hard enough so that her feelings bear fruit?
Shokuhō Misaki (Toaru Series) vs Fujiwara Chika (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai)
SpoilerShow
Beware the wolves that wear sheep's clothes, for they are not what they seem to be. Shokuhō Misaki would usually introduce herself with a cute smile and a playful personality. Removing the façade would reveal a girl who is unable to trust anyone she cannot completely control. She will do everything in her power to ensure that she will remain the queen of her school. Fujiwara Chika has a friendly personality and is usually seen trying to take part in conversation topics that interest her. Get to know her better, and one will realize that she is not the type to mince words. Chika has a tendency to openly speak her mind, which can come out as harsh or insensitive. Which of these two characters will truly become the center of attention?
Natsuki Subaru (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) vs Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
SpoilerShow
What happens when the entire world turns against you and treats you like an enemy? Would you run away or stand your ground? Natsuki Subaru had an unusual ability to return to a certain point in time prior to his death. No matter how many times he tried to explain what could happen in the future, many question his knowledge and dismiss him entirely. Although he was at the brink of self-destruction many times, Subaru chose to push forward, believing that he will be able to secure a proper future. In his desire for revenge, Lelouch Lamperouge disguises himself in order to declare war on the most powerful country in the world. To bring down the man who ruined his life, Lelouch had to use every tactic in the book, even if it meant hurting his own men. As long as he was able to create a world where he could live in peace with his sister, he will risk everything. Can Subaru debuff his opponent's chances of winning, or will Lelouch seize the moment and claim his victory?
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:01 am

Fujiwara Chika (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Series) vs Nishimiya Shōko (Koe no Katachi) vs Shiina Mashiro (Sakura-sō no Pet na Kanojo) vs Shinomiya Kaguya (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Tokisaki Kurumi (Date A Live) vs Yūki Asuna (Sword Art Online) vs Yukinoshita Yukino (OreGairu)
SpoilerShow
The Aquamarine Necklace lays dormant at the bottom of the sea, waiting for someone full of hope to yearn for it. Despite acting aloof, Fujiwara Chika can be seen as a motherly figure. There are various moments where she assists the student council and her classmates by teaching them various skills and providing different insights in various scenarios. Misaka Mikoto is usually seen carrying multiple burdens on her shoulders. When she realizes that there are various friends and allies who wish to help her in her time of need, she figures out that she is not alone and pursues her issues when her head held high. Nishimiya Shōko had a difficult time fitting in due to her disability. Thanks to reuniting with an unlikely acquaintance, she is able to express her emotions more as she continued to meet and befriend more people. Shiina Mashiro was unsure if her talents would cause a negative effect on her dorm residents. When she understood that her friends will be by her side regardless of their level of talent, she continued to paint various images filled with emotion and feeling. Shinomiya Kaguya may appear to have a good head on her shoulders, but she is as insecure about her love life as everyone else. Oftentimes, she has a plan that, if executed flawlessly, would produce exceptional results, but when events go beyond her expectations, she can become flushed and flustered. Tokisaki Kurumi strongly dislikes humanity, considering it a nuisance. When she found someone who was willing to accept her for who she is, she questions whether or not her methods are just. Yūki Asuna prefers to fight alone without the assistance of others. By joining a guild, she understands the importance of leadership and teamwork. Yukinoshita Yukino has a tendency to see things from a logical perspective. Participating in a Service Club allows her to interact with multiple students of various personalities in order to understand them and assist them in the best way possible. Who will be able to prove that she has what it takes to bear the Aquamarine Necklace?
Ayanokōji Kiyotaka (Yōkoso Jitsuryoku Shijō Shugi no Kyōshitsu e) vs Azusagawa Sakuta (AoButa) vs Ishigami Yū (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Kamijō Tōma (Toaru Series) vs Levi (Shingeki no Kyojin) vs Riku Dola (No Game No Life) vs Shirogane Miyuki (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai) vs Tachibana Taki (Kimi no Na wa)
SpoilerShow
Eight daring individuals clash for the Aquamarine Pendant, said to be a symbol of peace and friendship. Ayanokōji Kiyotaka understands that, in order to overcome the school system, he must work together with his classmates in order to achieve the optimal result. He will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means manipulating his classmates for the best outcome. Azusagawa Sakuta believed that the world was against him after his sister suffered from a mysterious phenomenon. After some guidance from a mysterious girl, he is able to help those who suffer a similar fate such as his. Ishigami Yū was afraid to interact with others, so he chose to block them physically and mentally. Working at the student council allowed him to slowly open up to others and find people he can trust. Due to his odd powers, Kamijō Tōma wished for a normal life without any misfortune. When cruel and unethical behavior start to plague his surroundings from behind the scenes, it is up to him to set things right and make sure no one that he knows suffers. As one of the leaders of the Survey Corps, it is Levi's job to figure out the best strategy with minimal losses. Levi may be strict and serious, but he will do whatever it takes come out from any mission alive. Riku Dola wanted to find meaning in his life in a world filled with endless war of mythical proportions. Meeting with a rogue machine gave him hope that there may be a way to end the war and finally live in peace. As student council president, Shirogane Miyuki watches over the school filled with people's high expectations of him. His high grades and natural leadership makes the students and faculty feel comfortable around him. Tachibana Taki was looking for a future that he could claim as his own. By living life through another person's eyes, he steadily understands a potential avenue his life can take. Who will overcome all odds to obtain the Aquamarine Pendant?