2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Locked
User avatar
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Posts: 8660
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:57 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Archer
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
2017 Female Favorite: Tomori Nao
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by maglor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:59 am

This thread is for discussing upcoming matches. There isn't strict limit on what can be posted as long as it is somewhat related to upcoming and potential matches in the future, except for very negative comments/posts about almost anything. Also please refrain from posting too much support materials for a character. A little bit of support post can be tolerated, but any post, that for some reason is deemed to be, or have become, too excessive may be deleted without warning.

You are allowed to post a picture that may be suitable to be used for a poster within Topaz period. When you do so, please make sure you put the picture within spoiler, in order to save space. Make sure the links are working fine if it is needed. If you have large number of pictures to recommend, I recommend you set up some sort of page for these images and give us only the link to the page. Pictures for the posters are not intended to be a mean to campaign for a character, thus the discussion about those pictures should focus more on aesthetics and presentability. The guideline is that if there is anything that may feel like too much to some people, seriously consider scaling back and/or present it in ways that people can easily ignore it if they want to ignore it.
Image
User avatar
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Posts: 3260
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:03 am

Miracles exist because they have a chance to happen. PLEASE SUPPORT NAKANO AZUSA FOR TOPAZ!
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
User avatar
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 am
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Kordosa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 am

From the 2014 Emerald General Discussion Thread:
Kordosa wrote:Drumming up support for Azu-nyan against Mashiro will be all we should focus on for now. But like maglor said, we shouldn't encourage negative campaigning against Mashiro, and instead focus on accentuating Azu-nyan's moe and reasons why she should be supported.
At this point, simply posting lots of pictures of Azu-nyan won't be enough since we can't rely on simply picture voting. Essays or descriptions that appeal to the voters, on either a character-based level (Azu-nyan's personality and charm) or on a personal level (like this one), may need to be used in addition to pictures and videos, if they already haven't been.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
User avatar
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Posts: 3260
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 am

Kordosa wrote:From the 2014 Emerald General Discussion Thread:
Kordosa wrote:
smartboyhw wrote:ANYWAY, AZU-NYAN FOR TOPAZ AND THAT'S IT.
Drumming up support for Azu-nyan against Mashiro will be all we should focus on for now. But like maglor said, we shouldn't encourage negative campaigning against Mashiro, and instead focus on accentuating Azu-nyan's moe and reasons why she should be supported.

@ maglor: Can you open up a Topaz general discussion thread?
At this point, simply posting lots of pictures of Azu-nyan won't be enough since we can't rely on simply picture voting. Essays or descriptions that appeal to the voters, on either a character-based level (Azu-nyan's personality and charm) or on a personal level (like this one), may need to be used in addition to pictures and videos, if they already haven't been.
At this point, we have to consider a lot of things.

Firstly, how to vote. We have the remaining schedule. How we are going to vote for EVERY ARENA ON EVERY MATCH DAY helps.

Secondly, multi-lingual campaigning. maglor pointed out that you need that. We MUST need it.

Thirdly, quality support material. Text, pics, video, everything. For this period we need everything.

Fourthly, friends and relatives. More votes.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
User avatar
matchbaby
Necromancer
Necromancer
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isla
Melon Pan: 65
Wish: Isla!!! All hail for Isla!!!
Shiro and Sora!! As least win something!!
Same as Illya~!
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by matchbaby » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:16 am

Random #$&^*! do happen. Believe in yourself. Never give up. Never Surrender.

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND AZU-NYAN!
User avatar
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:34 pm
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?
Location: Sakurasou

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:18 am

is Taiga and Azunyan the only ones available for seitokaichou?
Image
spoiler alert :3
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 am

Isn't Asuna avaliable as well?
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Posts: 3260
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:20 am

kanohistorm wrote:is Taiga and Azunyan the only ones available for seitokaichou?
Yes. That means either Kotori, Yoshino or Kurumi must fill in the third position (since I think one can be re-elected after a period)

Asuna's necklace winner, so banned.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
User avatar
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Posts: 2523
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2017 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime
2017 Male Favorite: Sakamaki Izayoi
Wish: Stay alive

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by tehyc » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

SpoilerShow
Image
Let this happen during Topaz.
ImageImage
User avatar
kanohistorm
Electromaster
Electromaster
Posts: 6407
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:34 pm
Worships: Erika Sendou
Melon Pan: 181
Wish: a kookie?
Location: Sakurasou

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by kanohistorm » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

Fuijiwara wrote:Isn't Asuna avaliable as well?
necklace winners cannot run. as far as i know

unless they changed it for the final period due to lack of candidates
Image
spoiler alert :3
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 am

kanohistorm wrote:
Fuijiwara wrote:Isn't Asuna avaliable as well?
necklace winners cannot run. as far as i know

unless they changed it for the final period due to lack of candidates
That should be the case then
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Posts: 3178
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 8:28 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
2017 Female Favorite: Shokuhō Misaki
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works
Location: Tokiwadai Dormitory
Contact:

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by BugH » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:35 am

woah....
Azu for Topaz ?
yess...
count me in...!
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
User avatar
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Posts: 4069
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 am
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.
Location: Mississippi, USA
Contact:

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Kordosa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:39 am

Even if Azu-nyan doesn't win the Topaz necklace, supporting her in Topaz would go towards her possibly appearing in the race for the Stella Circlet and/or the Tiara.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:40 am

smartboyhw wrote:
kanohistorm wrote:is Taiga and Azunyan the only ones available for seitokaichou?
Yes. That means either Kotori, Yoshino or Kurumi must fill in the third position (since I think one can be re-elected after a period)

Asuna's necklace winner, so banned.

Kurumi cannot be re-elected.

We cannot have a chance of the same person being elected for President twice
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Posts: 3128
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 am
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
2017 Female Favorite: Illyasviel Von Einzbern
2017 Male Favorite: Gilgamesh
Wish: Illya 2017!

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by avery-kun » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 am

The Nova Titans of old have proven that they can get necklaces in this weird environment.

Sadly, Rikka seems unlikely to get a second necklace this year, I wonder if her decline relative to KYH and Asuna is due to the second season of Chuu2, SDO favoring her opponents, or both.

All three DAL are likely to go 7-0 this period, seeing as they have all gone against each other already.

This puts us in the situation that despite both divisions having two necklaces a piece, Nova can still put up a full rack of high SDO candidates will Stella is limited to 2, and only because their two undefeated are going this period.

Kuroneko, having already go up against her only two challenges and twice being knocked out of the NM, will finally have a chance to get a necklace this year.
With that said, if Kuroneko does not get Topaz, she will likely go necklace-less this year because Mikoto and Kanade are gonna be gunning for Diadem and Tiara.

Kurumi still seems likely to be the anti-vote magnet come Topaz and Tiara. In 1v1, she is quiet powerful, but doesn't have the universal draw to replicate Mikoto's and Kanade's performances in necklace matches. Her performance in the NM have been quiet disappointing thus far. However, its also impressive. She unified the DAL votes, even though both Kotori and Yoshino had better chances. Kotori only needed less than 220 votes over Asuna to take the necklace but does votes went to Kurumi instead, who had no chance at an upset. However, she does not unify the non-DAL votes. This round failed to even maintain the average NM turnout we've been seeing, so clearly people are not committed to the girls in this period.


Come Diadem time, however, I expect a Kurumi vs Kotori final, anti-votes I think are less likely to be a factor in Nova, while Stella will be strategic-anti-voting hell.
Image
User avatar
mon~chan
Meganekko
Meganekko
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:13 am
Worships: Ragna The Bloodedge
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Yoshino Win It All xD
Location: Somewhere on the Earth

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by mon~chan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:25 am

Can Azu-nyan hang on ?? -_-
About Topaz, Azu-nyan, Mashiro or Kurumi winning should be fine
Keep hoping even if that's hopeless in ISML
User avatar
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Posts: 4242
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:00 am

avery-kun wrote:The Nova Titans of old have proven that they can get necklaces in this weird environment.

Sadly, Rikka seems unlikely to get a second necklace this year, I wonder if her decline relative to KYH and Asuna is due to the second season of Chuu2, SDO favoring her opponents, or both.

All three DAL are likely to go 7-0 this period, seeing as they have all gone against each other already.

This puts us in the situation that despite both divisions having two necklaces a piece, Nova can still put up a full rack of high SDO candidates will Stella is limited to 2, and only because their two undefeated are going this period.

Kuroneko, having already go up against her only two challenges and twice being knocked out of the NM, will finally have a chance to get a necklace this year.
With that said, if Kuroneko does not get Topaz, she will likely go necklace-less this year because Mikoto and Kanade are gonna be gunning for Diadem and Tiara.

Kurumi still seems likely to be the anti-vote magnet come Topaz and Tiara. In 1v1, she is quiet powerful, but doesn't have the universal draw to replicate Mikoto's and Kanade's performances in necklace matches. Her performance in the NM have been quiet disappointing thus far. However, its also impressive. She unified the DAL votes, even though both Kotori and Yoshino had better chances. Kotori only needed less than 220 votes over Asuna to take the necklace but does votes went to Kurumi instead, who had no chance at an upset. However, she does not unify the non-DAL votes. This round failed to even maintain the average NM turnout we've been seeing, so clearly people are not committed to the girls in this period.


Come Diadem time, however, I expect a Kurumi vs Kotori final, anti-votes I think are less likely to be a factor in Nova, while Stella will be strategic-anti-voting hell.

Except Asuna is slightly stronger this year and could prove competition to DAL along with KYH, whom only had 500+ votes less than Kotori which Is decent considering the vote total
Image
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina
Melon Pan: 50
Location: Otaku Community

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 am

I wonder who can win the earrings, now that we are moving up the tiers even the trincket became competitive.
User avatar
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:47 pm
Badges:
Image
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: viva all, baby~
Location: Aloha Oe

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:05 am

Key matches in Topaz:
Kurumi vs Asuna (?)
Kotori vs Rikka
Yoshino vs KYH
Chitanda vs Rikka
Kanade vs Taiga
Kanade vs Mikoto
Kuroneko vs Shana, Kuroneko vs Eucliwood
Azunyan vs Mashiron
Mashiron vs Ayase

Kurumi, Kotori and Yoshino will all go 7-0
Chitanda has a chance of going 7-0
If Shana or Eucliwood beats Kuroneko, they will probably also go 7-0
Mashiron will in all likelihood go 7-0
Image
User avatar
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Posts: 3260
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
2017 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō
Location: Hong Kong, China

Re: 2014 Topaz General Discussion Thread

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:11 am

Midnight-Jasper wrote:Key matches in Topaz:
Kurumi vs Asuna (?)
Kotori vs Rikka
Yoshino vs KYH
Chitanda vs Rikka
Kanade vs Taiga
Kanade vs Mikoto
Kuroneko vs Shana, Kuroneko vs Eucliwood
Azunyan vs Mashiron
Mashiron vs Ayase

Kurumi, Kotori and Yoshino will all go 7-0
Chitanda has a chance of going 7-0
If Shana or Eucliwood beats Kuroneko, they will probably also go 7-0
Mashiron will in all likelihood go 7-0
Kanade vs. Mikoto only affect the seedings for Postseason Phase I, so not a really big match, but it brings a side effect to Kuroneko vs. Eucliwood match.
If Rikka is still that weak, she has little hope in beating Eru. Eru lost to a strong Asuna, but to a weak Rikka? I'm uncertain.
Kuroneko vs. Shana or Eucliwood... That would depend on how many people wanting Kuroneko to lose and fail to clinch the Topaz necklace.
Azu-nyan vs. Mashiro... We need more than the 300 extra votes that emerged during Azu-nyan vs. Mikoto in Emerald 2.
Yoshino vs. Kuroyukihime... Kuroyukihime got a necklace, so it would be hard for her to beat Yoshino.
Kanade vs. Taiga... I don't think Kanade will lose.
Kotori vs. Rikka... I want to see the VD, if Kotori would win by over 1000 votes or not.
Kurumi vs. Asuna... Well, the battle of the anti-voting (to be honest).
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Locked