Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Re: 2014 Topaz match discussions and campaigns

Post by Momento10 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:55 pm

maglor wrote:For Topaz 5, I think the two of the matches with most impact are Yuuki Asuna vs Momo Deviluke, and Yui-nyan vs Suzumiya Haruhi. Anyone wants to discuss or campaign for one of these characters?
While Momo Belia Deviluke seems safe for PS1, a win against Yuuki Asuna would certainly solidify her position in the final slot even more so. Not much would change if Asuna wins, but the victory can easily be converted as momentum for future events to come. It is the same situation for Yui-Nyan and Suzumiya Haruhi, but the stakes are much higher in Haruhi's case. One mistake by Haruhi, and her position for PS1 will be in dire jeopardy. Haruhi needs to keep winning in order to still have something to say at PS. Yui-nyan seems to be in a very stable position, win or lose. Still, A victory for Yui-nyan can be converted to momentum for future events to come.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:22 pm

VOTE FOR HIRASAWA YUI

2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Curisu
Mystes
Mystes
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: >.<

Post by Curisu » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Plz vote for Haruno Hime >.<
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:12 pm

The moment of truth is upon us! All hands, vote for Chitanda!
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm

Reasons to vote for Chitanda:

1. This will be her last chance at winning something. Next year she will move to Stella and is most likely that Hyouka will never get a second season.

2. If Chitanda wins here, this will give hope to all characters categorized as Tier 2 and even Tier 3 that they can make upsets, make it to the Necklace round and to have a chance to win it. This will also mean that all the prizes doesn't have to go to all the Tier 1 characters.

3. Image

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
#Vote For Chitanda
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:26 am

houreki wrote:2. If Chitanda wins here, this will give hope to all characters categorized as Tier 2 and even Tier 3 that they can make upsets, make it to the Necklace round and to have a chance to win it. This will also mean that all the prizes doesn't have to go to all the Tier 1 characters.
Azu-nyan was supposed to have done this. -_-
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by avery-kun » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:35 am

To Yami fans. Good luck.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:35 am

Please support Tohka in her match against Asuna.

Tohka has an innocent, childlike mentality due to being new to Earth and her own emotions, and is quick to believe what others tell her. Her fondness for Shidou (the protagonist) is only rivaled by her fondness for food.

Below are some short video clips from the first season depicting Tohka at her most moe.
But it's called Date A LiveShow
The joy of foodShow

Loneliness and TempuraShow

Picture TimeShow
Phone TroublesShow

#KinakoPan
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:42 am

Tooka's situation is curious. She's very appreciated among DaL fans and overall people who have a decent knowledge of DaL (I mean, people that have actually watched the anime and/or read the LNs), but in ISML her strength, while being decent, doesn't match her popularity in the DaL circle. I'm sure there are other chars in a similar situation but... somehow Tooka's case got my attention from the beginning.

Well, odds are that Asuna will win, but I'll vote for Tooka. She's heck of fun and cute, and I want her to put up a fight against a strong Tier 1.
#BelieveInKurumi
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:44 am

Kordosa wrote:
houreki wrote:2. If Chitanda wins here, this will give hope to all characters categorized as Tier 2 and even Tier 3 that they can make upsets, make it to the Necklace round and to have a chance to win it. This will also mean that all the prizes doesn't have to go to all the Tier 1 characters.
Well, Shana is T2 as well.

Kotori's SDO is such a joke :P
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 am

Hajime Tanegashima wrote:Tooka's situation is curious. She's very appreciated among DaL fans and overall people who have a decent knowledge of DaL (I mean, people that have actually watched the anime and/or read the LNs), but in ISML her strength, while being decent, doesn't match her popularity in the DaL circle. I'm sure there are other chars in a similar situation but... somehow Tooka's case got my attention from the beginning.

Well, odds are that Asuna will win, but I'll vote for Tooka. She's heck of fun and cute, and I want her to put up a fight against a strong Tier 1.
Tohka's characterization is very charming. Normally, with a character design like that and with her position in the series (as close to being a main heroine as you can get), you would expect her to fill the violent tsundere role, but she doesn't due to her innocent demeanor. Sure, she gets jealous when Shidou hangs around the others (especially Origami), but that along with her constantly worrying that Shidou will abandon her because she's not smart enough or whatever, are meant to be her charm points.

The second season gave her a lot of character development beyond the cute ditz archetype, with Tohka on several occasions showing an even level of sensibility when it comes to certain situations (the onsen scene immediately comes to mind; no megaton punch here as would be expected from a generic violent tsundere character, instead she opts to help bail Shidou out). I also thought her part in the concert as well as the season finale also were boons to her characterization.

As for why she's not as supported in ISML as Kotori, Kurumi, and Yoshino, I can only surmise that perhaps her childish ditziness may be a turn off to some people rather than acting as her charm points.
QuotesShow
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 am

Hm... for someone not very familiarized with DaL, Tooka might be seen as a sort of Saber clone: supernatural entity, beautiful female knight... even the gluttony. I follow the Fate universe, and that's the first impression I got, not to mention my extreme Fate fan friends, who saw her like that and still do, to a certain extent at least.

But, as you watch the series or read the LNs, that impression fades. Tooka develops traits that she doesn't share with Saber and make her very charming. You have mentioned some of them already, but I would like to underline two of them: her fierce will to protect Shidô after what happened in the end of their first date, which traumatized her, and also her innocence. The way she approaches the world from an innocent child's perspective (Yotsuba anyone?) is absolutely cute.

I think that, if people tried to know Tooka deeper than the first impression, they would be very pleased. In that, she's the same as Kurumi, I think.
#BelieveInKurumi
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:12 am

Midnight-Jasper wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
Well, Shana is T2 as well.

Kotori's SDO is such a joke :P
Azu-nyan is technically T3......
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:18 am

Hajime Tanegashima wrote:Hm... for someone not very familiarized with DaL, Tooka might be seen as a sort of Saber clone: supernatural entity, beautiful female knight... even the gluttony. I follow the Fate universe, and that's the first impression I got, not to mention my extreme Fate fan friends, who saw her like that and still do, to a certain extent at least.

But, as you watch the series or read the LNs, that impression fades. Tooka develops traits that she doesn't share with Saber and make her very charming. You have mentioned some of them already, but I would like to underline two of them: her fierce will to protect Shidô after what happened in the end of their first date, which traumatized her, and also her innocence. The way she approaches the world from an innocent child's perspective (Yotsuba anyone?) is absolutely cute.

I think that, if people tried to know Tooka deeper than the first impression, they would be very pleased. In that, she's the same as Kurumi, I think.
People only look for similarities and draw conclusions when and where they intend to. While many people will look at DAL's setup and think it similar to Kaminomi, now that you've mentioned Fate, I can see how some people might try to draw similarities between it and DAL (strong warriors who exist as spirits).

I myself went into DAL with no preconceptions and so I did not immediately draw any similarities or conclusions with other characters or series. Since I'm a Touhou fan, after seeing Tohka's personality past the first episode, I immediately thought of her as the fandom's version of Utsuho (incredibly strong yet at the same time childish and ditzy) but with an added big appetite. But as I pointed out above, the second season does a lot to expand Tohka's character development which weakens (in my mind) the similarities I initially drew of her with fandom Utsuho.

By the way, I would like to add to your point of Tohka possessing a desire to protect Shidou, that the only reason why she developed that desire was because he was the first one to be nice to her.

Ugh, I think I'm derailing from my campaigning for Tohka in her match against Asuna now. ^^;

Anyway, if I were Rena, I would have taken Tohka home long ago. In the pure sense, you perverts; check the link.
QuotesShow
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 am

Let me add to Tohka's characterization! I remember my first impression for Tohka in the first episode would be the average tsundere or cold-hearted girl like what Kordosa said. But, her discovery of Earth's culture and her emotions turned her into a rather naive, innocent, and adorable girl.
Her jealousy would make sense as she has only just discovered her feelings, but you can tell that she matures with those feelings as the series goes on, even in the first season. She was able to accept Shidou kissing other spirit girls because she knows he has to in order to save them, and she fully supports it(albeit not without a little jealousy, but still) by even fighting for him. Episode 9 and 12 were perfect examples of this as
SpoilerShow
she even told Shidou to go for Kurumi as Tohka feels that she herself would be just like her, had he not saved her in the beginning, to encourage him after his failure. Plus, she along with Yoshino also assisted Shidou so that he could seal Kotori's powers without Origami interfering.
Plus, she's just really cute with her naivety and pure-hearted personality! Have you seen how adorkable she is? Just look at her avatar here!

'course, Asuna will probably win since SAO II is going strong, but since I saw Tohka campaigning I just had to join in. Gomen ne, hehe.
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 am

The Kaminomi case is curious. I understand its similarities with DaL, but Kamonimi bored me to no end, while I loved DaL. I agree with you in the fact people should try to look further than appearances, and similarities are the first kind of appearance we use to perceive.
Last edited by Hajime Tanegashima on Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BelieveInKurumi
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Tohka is certainly a good character.

The first season really portrayed her ditizness
while the second showed her fierce will to protect Shidou

These aren't traits you would combine. But Tohka executed it well
It makes me wonder why Tohka simply cannot do as well as the 3 at the top.

ALSO VOTE FOR RIKKA
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by avery-kun » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Midnight-Jasper wrote:Vote Saber and Illya in Topaz :D

SpoilerShow
Image Image
SpoilerShow
Image Image
SpoilerShow
Image Image
Mother of god! Must vote for Saber.... and Illya.. sure Illya gets a vote too...
ThreeMadness
Nikuman
Nikuman
Wish: Darker than Black S3
Yuru Yuri S3
Saki The Actual Nationals
Love Live story never end

Post by ThreeMadness » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:27 pm

Kordosa wrote: Tohka's characterization is very charming. Normally, with a character design like that and with her position in the series (as close to being a main heroine as you can get), you would expect her to fill the violent tsundere role, but she doesn't due to her innocent demeanor. Sure, she gets jealous when Shidou hangs around the others (especially Origami), but that along with her constantly worrying that Shidou will abandon her because she's not smart enough or whatever, are meant to be her charm points.

The second season gave her a lot of character development beyond the cute ditz archetype, with Tohka on several occasions showing an even level of sensibility when it comes to certain situations (the onsen scene immediately comes to mind; no megaton punch here as would be expected from a generic violent tsundere character, instead she opts to help bail Shidou out). I also thought her part in the concert as well as the season finale also were boons to her characterization.

As for why she's not as supported in ISML as Kotori, Kurumi, and Yoshino, I can only surmise that perhaps her childish ditziness may be a turn off to some people rather than acting as her charm points.
It would seem Tohka's ditziness is a turn off for quite a few people. That filler first episode of Season 2 added fuel to the fire. It portrayed Tohka's childishness and ignorance in a very bad way,. At least from what I've seen in forums where people go on and on about how her lack of common sense is annoying.

Thankfully, as the actual story progresses, we see just how much she develops. Though clueless and innocent most of the time, she can be surprisingly mature and wise. She handled the hot springs scene so well (I was very impressed and so glad they did not go for the typical route) and is very understanding in her own way. Also, her singing in the concert was <3
Too bad DAL season 2 wasn't directed all that well. I felt they butchered the tense, dramatic and emotional parts (we got black screens and jarring moments of silence instead). If only Inverse Tohka had more buildup and screentime. It could've given her a (better) boost with an added aspect to her character and a pretty cool one at that. At least, I think so.

Characters who fall short among the ISML voters have always been quite a curious case to me. I noticed some character types aren't as appreciated here compared to the general fandom.

Oh well, have a picture of Tohka :bigsmile:
SpoilerShow
#Support Tokisaki Kurumi