2014 Topaz match discussions and campaigns

hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Re: 2014 Topaz match discussions and campaigns

Post by hinakatbklyn » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Going on anime only and first impressions of DAL, Tohka Yatogami's seriousness from the first 2 or 3 episodes of the original season is what originally kept me from supporting her. Factor everything else in during the 2 seasons, and she would have been at least my 2nd favorite in the series.

Add in the Tohka image (from the previous page) and she would surely get my vote this time. 8-)
ragna92
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku
Melon Pan: 50

Post by ragna92 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:59 pm

hinakatbklyn wrote:Going on anime only and first impressions of DAL, Tohka Yatogami's seriousness from the first 2 or 3 episodes of the original season is what originally kept me from supporting her. Factor everything else in during the 2 seasons, and she would have been at least my 2nd favorite in the series.

Add in the Tohka image (from the previous page) and she would surely get my vote this time. 8-)
Funny. For me it's the other way around. I liked her a lot in the first 3 episodes. She would probably be my second favorite in the series if she still had that personality. As for her performance in ISML, I think she's doing pretty well. She only loses to top tiers. I think she'll put up a good fight against Asuna.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:19 pm

ragna92 wrote:
hinakatbklyn wrote:Going on anime only and first impressions of DAL, Tohka Yatogami's seriousness from the first 2 or 3 episodes of the original season is what originally kept me from supporting her. Factor everything else in during the 2 seasons, and she would have been at least my 2nd favorite in the series.

Funny. For me it's the other way around. I liked her a lot in the first 3 episodes. She would probably be my second favorite in the series if she still had that personality. As for her performance in ISML, I think she's doing pretty well. She only loses to top tiers. I think she'll put up a good fight against Asuna.
Tohka's first date with Shidou occurs in the third episode. Also, "seriousness" probably isn't the right word. In the first two episodes, Tohka is cold and distrusting due to being constantly attacked by the AST whenever she appears. Even after Shidou thaws her heart (and even in the first two episodes, there are moments where the camera cuts to a close-up of Tohka's eyes and you can tell that she's in emotional pain), Tohka is "serious", as in possessing an earnest personality. It's just that her naiveté and ignorance about things get in the way so the end result is Tohka appearing ditzy.
ThreeMadness wrote:That filler first episode of Season 2 added fuel to the fire. It portrayed Tohka's childishness and ignorance in a very bad way.
If you're talking about this scene, I disagree. Throughout the first season, Tohka has worried that she's not good enough for Shidou because she's not as smart as the others. It doesn't help that since she's new to everything, she easily believes what others tell her. Thus, further enforcing her own insecurities about herself. Like so.

Think about it this way: For most of her existence, she's had people trying to kill her, without knowing anything about herself, or why they are trying to kill her. Then Shidou comes along as the first person to show kindness to her, showing her all kinds of things, including her own emotions. Suddenly, Tohka has found something precious: warmth and happiness. Thus, she wants to hang onto it (hence being so attached to Shidou). But at the same time, she still has doubts (mostly trolled upon by Origami usually), wondering if her not being as smart as the others or her own childish nature might annoy Shidou and he might abandon her. Feel free to draw similarities to an abused animal.

At the same time, this devotion to Shidou in conjunction with her innocent and naive personality, are the reasons why she seemingly has moments of sensibility: despite what others might try to say about Shidou or the kinds of situations he might get himself into that would potentially have the generic violent tsundere punching Shidou into next week, Tohka still believes Shidou can't do anything wrong (once again, part of the Because You Were Nice to Me trope I linked to above). If that seems to be inconsistent with Tohka thinking Shidou will abandon her, remember that that's not through anything Shidou does; that's merely Tohka being self-deprecating, thinking she herself is not good enough and jumping to conclusions.

Anyway... I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record now....

Time for a date!

#KinakoPan
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:24 am

Very interesting that people are campaigning for Yatogami Tohka here (If there happens to be a 4-way split of DAL in necklace match, I will abstain from that round).

Well anyways, where's the Eru fans and Azu-nyan fans?
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 am

SpoilerShow
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:51 am

Please vote Tokisaki Kurumi against The Flash Yuuki Asuna in Round 7 of Topaz.

Absolute happinessShow
from just a single pat...

helping with bra and pantsu hunting...

hot drinks Image
It's going to be a very tough match. If you're neutral towards those two or cannot decide who to vote for, please consider giving Kurumi your vote. Thanks in advance!
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
ThreeMadness
Nikuman
Nikuman
Wish: Darker than Black S3
Yuru Yuri S3
Saki The Actual Nationals
Love Live story never end

Post by ThreeMadness » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:57 am

Kordosa wrote:
ThreeMadness wrote:That filler first episode of Season 2 added fuel to the fire. It portrayed Tohka's childishness and ignorance in a very bad way.
If you're talking about this scene, I disagree. Throughout the first season, Tohka has worried that she's not good enough for Shidou because she's not as smart as the others. It doesn't help that since she's new to everything, she easily believes what others tell her. Thus, further enforcing her own insecurities about herself. Like so.

Think about it this way: For most of her existence, she's had people trying to kill her, without knowing anything about herself, or why they are trying to kill her. Then Shidou comes along as the first person to show kindness to her, showing her all kinds of things, including her own emotions. Suddenly, Tohka has found something precious: warmth and happiness. Thus, she wants to hang onto it (hence being so attached to Shidou). But at the same time, she still has doubts (mostly trolled upon by Origami usually), wondering if her not being as smart as the others or her own childish nature might annoy Shidou and he might abandon her. Feel free to draw similarities to an abused animal.

At the same time, this devotion to Shidou in conjunction with her innocent and naive personality, are the reasons why she seemingly has moments of sensibility: despite what others might try to say about Shidou or the kinds of situations he might get himself into that would potentially have the generic violent tsundere punching Shidou into next week, Tohka still believes Shidou can't do anything wrong (once again, part of the Because You Were Nice to Me trope I linked to above). If that seems to be inconsistent with Tohka thinking Shidou will abandon her, remember that that's not through anything Shidou does; that's merely Tohka being self-deprecating, thinking she herself is not good enough and jumping to conclusions.
Oh no, I agree with you completely. Her actions are well within the realm of reason considering Tohka's character. Maybe I worded it badly. It wasn't portrayed poorly per se, more like it might've felt excessive to those who aren't particularly fond of her antics (it was an entire episode). Not everyone makes the extra effort to understand her behaviour. Those who take it at face value will find it good comedy at best, or irritating at worse. From comments I've read, the latter opinion was the loudest. I'm just trying to think of a reason why she does not appeal to more people. I started to really like Tohka after season 2. Going back and watching all those Tohka moments, one can't help but smile. She is just so pure-hearted :love:

Anyway, you're right, enough has been said. I apologise for prolonging this topic.
#Support Tokisaki Kurumi
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:53 am

smartboyhw wrote:Very interesting that people are campaigning for Yatogami Tohka here (If there happens to be a 4-way split of DAL in necklace match, I will abstain from that round).

Well anyways, where's the Eru fans and Azu-nyan fans?
I've been supporting Tohka since I picked my Nova favorite in this post. I decided to only pick a Nova character who debuted in ISML this year.
The top five (new) characters I liked the most are (in order): Tohka, Kurousagi, Kurumi, Yaya, and Tsukiko.

As for Azu-nyan, I'll be supporting her for the Stella Circlet, even though I know her chances are very slim.
ThreeMadness wrote:Anyway, you're right, enough has been said. I apologise for prolonging this topic.
Nah, I've gotten carried away myself. But it's nice to know there are others on this forum that appreciate her. :bigsmile:
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:35 am

kukimunstir wrote:Please vote Tokisaki Kurumi against The Flash Yuuki Asuna in Round 7 of Topaz.
Not only for Topaz 7. In each and every match, we have to prove our support and keep the momentum up. In this very match against Shinka, a convincing victory will encourage Kurumi fans, so please, support her in this match too and let's prepare for the tough round 7. Let's keep paving Kurumi's way to victory! Please keep believing!

Topaz Necklace for Kurumi!

Because, after all that has happened, she deserves it.
#BelieveInKurumi
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:22 am

This is an era of craziness.

Remember lllya's defeat to Kirishima Shoko in Ruby 2? Now she is at a strength that can defeat Yuzuriha Inori. Remember Nakano Azusa? She never got a necklace, yet she still entered her ninth necklace match to try. Remember Misaka Mikoto? When Kanade hoped to be the first person ever to win the same necklace three years in a row, Mikoto defeated her with a stunning display in the necklace match. Remember Kuroyukihime? Against all odds she managed to clinch the Ruby necklace after so many failed attempts. Remember Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko? She managed to defeat Takanashi Rikka even if she is supposed to be the underdog.

This year we have seen upsets and miracles. Not one, but many. Each round's results brings us so many surprises. So, at the end of the Regular Season, why not create more?

Some say Chitanda Eru would have difficulty against Rikka since the world would be against her. Some say even if she enters the necklace match, she won't have a chance to win. Some Rikka fans are confident that Eru can't win.

BUT WHY FEAR? Phobia is exactly why we can't or don't dare to create miracles. Azu-nyan's campaign in Emerald showed that the results may not be of what we want, you may fail, but you can definitely try. Because if you don't try, there's no chance. Fear not, and JUST DO IT.

Random @?!/ do happen. Never give up. Never surrender. And more importantly,

NEVER FEAR. LET'S CREATE A MIRACLE. VOTE FOR CHITANDA ERU.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Hear ye! Hear ye! The battle of the Titans is almost upon us! Everybody, stock up on your supplies and hide in your bomb shelters!

Then once there, open up your laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets and vote for our Queen Titan. The Electro-master herself. Misaka Mikoto.

The tyranny of Tachibana Kanade is over. It ends here!
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:59 pm

''WHAT INSPIRES MAY NOT BE WHAT AMAZES YOU OR WHAT IS CURIOUS TO YOU. IT MAY ALSO BE WHAT SCARES, FEAR THAT MOTIVATES THE PERSON TO HIS FULLEST POTENTIAL

This hasnt been Rikka's year. Despite having a second season, not only did her power not improve, worse still she decreased in power, such that she is 6th overall and the weakest Tier 1 Nova now. The second season may or may not have against her but right now, we need to show her support. Rikka, despite being a newcomer last year showed amazing power, such that she also almost triumphed over Mashiro last year. She could have also ranked higher if it wasn't for Ayase shutting her down. Right now, she needs all the power for this fight and any subsequent fights thereafter.

Remember Taiga? She was foretold to fall even further this year but she is not. Rather, she looks to increase her ranking even more. Remember Shana? She was about to fall out of the top 8 Stella, but right now stands a solid chance. Remember Azusa? She was not expected to have entered any more NM matches but she did. These were not miracles that occurred. Rather, they were the hard work and determination of the fans that caused these so called ''miracles'' today. And right now, Rikka needs all her followers, her slaves and her fans to support her battle against the rising star Eru. Rikka is cute. Rikka is strong. Rikka is somewhat mature. Rikka is lovable. So now one now all, all Rikka fans, from the suburbs, the rich and fancy, the poor and disheveled. No matter how much support you can give, right now is most opportune. Let us soar higher than Eru, soar higher than Kotori and even surpass Kanade one day.

This is the time. We will not let any chances go to waste

Rikka deserves to win this match and win something notable this year. Whether she wins or not is up to you my dear Rikka fans.

HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION ARE KEY TO VICTORY, TALENT IS NOTHING BUT AN AID. UNITE TOGETHER AS ONE AND SOMEDAY THAT MIGHT PAY OFF- NO MATTER HOW SIZABLE THE OUTCOME MAY BE
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hinakatbklyn
Incubator
Incubator
Melon Pan: 55

Post by hinakatbklyn » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:04 pm

avery-kun wrote:
I think the end for Kanade started last year. The chance to go for 3 consecutive unbeaten records. It started with Railgun winning the Topaz 1 match followed by Ruri winning the tiara. Then there was Railgun again, stopping Kanade's attempt at a third consecutive Aqua necklace (although she won Amethyst anyway).

Just like in 2011, Railgun and Kanade go into the final match against each other without a regular season loss. What will the results be this time? Will it be Kanade with 3 (non-consecutive) unbeaten regular seasons, or will Mikoto have an unbeaten season of her own?

As for other interesting scenarios, Kanade will always be the first rookie (1st year in 2011) to have an unbeaten regular season. Ruri has an unbeaten record last year (not her first year though). However, ITSUKA KOTORI is trying to become only the second rookie (1st year) to finish the regular season with an unbeaten record (even if it's only 35-0 in contrast to Kanade's 49-0 in 2011). And I know I will be supporting Kotori all the way in her match. 8-)
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 pm

hinakatbklyn wrote:
avery-kun wrote:
I think the end for Kanade started last year. The chance to go for 3 consecutive unbeaten records. It started with Railgun winning the Topaz 1 match followed by Ruri winning the tiara. Then there was Railgun again, stopping Kanade's attempt at a third consecutive Aqua necklace (although she won Amethyst anyway).

Just like in 2011, Railgun and Kanade go into the final match against each other without a regular season loss. What will the results be this time? Will it be Kanade with 3 (non-consecutive) unbeaten regular seasons, or will Mikoto have an unbeaten season of her own?

As for other interesting scenarios, Kanade will always be the first rookie (1st year in 2011) to have an unbeaten regular season. Ruri has an unbeaten record last year (not her first year though). However, ITSUKA KOTORI is trying to become only the second rookie (1st year) to finish the regular season with an unbeaten record (even if it's only 35-0 in contrast to Kanade's 49-0 in 2011). And I know I will be supporting Kotori all the way in her match. 8-)
I still consider Kanade in a league of her own. Her stats still put a nice gap between her and the next highest contestant. Last year was similar, but the first step to bringing her down to everyone else's level. This year is showing decline, but we're not sure if its enough.

When a girl not named Kanade or Mikoto wins Aquamarine, then we can mark her rein over. Or if Mashiro is in the Diadem finals instead of Kanade.
Last edited by avery-kun on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:20 pm

avery-kun wrote:Hear ye! Hear ye! The battle of the Titans is almost upon us! Everybody, stock up on your supplies and hide in your bomb shelters!

Then once there, open up your laptops, desktops, smartphones, tablets and vote for our Queen Titan. The Electro-master herself. Misaka Mikoto.

wait.....
Sakamoto in exhibition vs Tama ?

VOTE FOR SAKAMOTO....!!!!
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Also, the amount of caps and large text in this thread is making my head hurt from imagining so many people shouting.
:neko051:
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Midnight-Jasper wrote:Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
The last one............
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Shmion84
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 95
Wish: ISML still exists next year

Post by Shmion84 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Memories of his former life as Taishō: ImageVote for Sakamoto/Taishō!
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:00 pm

avery-kun wrote:Hear ye! Hear ye! The battle of the Titans is almost upon us! Everybody, stock up on your supplies and hide in your bomb shelters!

All hail Misaka Mikoto~!
SpoilerShow

ImageImage
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage