Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Topaz 7

Post by Kordosa » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:30 am

10ZHAbin wrote:Don't know any of the character in Exhibition 2, some of them it doesn't look like anime art, is it visual novel exhibition? Anyway I think I'll go with Retia Adolf since I saw the picture for that avatar around here somewhere.
All are from visual novels. However, five of the seven characters have appeared in either a manga or anime adaptation. Mafuyu has the distinction of being the only character in this match to have appeared in an H-OVA adaptation (two actually) of her visual novel. While on the other end of the spectrum, Kana will appear in a TV anime adaptation of her visual novel this October.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Hajime Tanegashima
Familiar
Familiar

Post by Hajime Tanegashima » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:01 am

Veon wrote:Kurumi vs Asuna - I expected this result. This was just too perfect opportunity to anti-vote Kurumi. Asuna had a necklace, Kurumi hadn't. Kurumi had big SDO before match and after Kuroneko lose she had the biggest chance to obtain a necklace. That made her dangerous for other competitors. Simple.
This explains most of what happened. The rest, Asuna's obvious rise in strength.

By SDO and strength, Kurumi was the most dangerous opponent towards NM; aside of the traditional antivote she seems to attract, and looking at her performances at NMs, it's normal and expected that she would attract antivote from Mashiro and Shana fans, and also a (hopefully) a minor proportion of Yoshino and Kotori fans who want the Necklace for them. But apparently, and looking at Rikka's results, Kurumi also likely suffered from antivote of RIkka fans who expected (and almost succeeded) to beat Kotori and give Rikka a fair chance of getting a Necklace... as long as Kurumi weren't there.

In any case, RS ends for Kurumi fandom. Personally, I need a break after all the effort we have put. And although Kurumi lost by a fair margin, I want to believe we saved Kurumi from an humulliation that she certainly didn't deserve. Now it's time to prepare the PS; hopefully, without NM strategic voting (and antivoting), things will improve for us.

To everyone who supported and campaigned for Kurumi that is reading this, thanks a lot for your effort. But the most important part of the season hasn't ended, so I suggest you to take a break so we all can come back with all our energy for the decisive PS!
#BelieveInKurumi
Vanilla
Kholdy's Pet
Kholdy's Pet
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Suigintou Neko Ver.
Melon Pan: 105
Wish: To become a catgirl!-
and be together with another catgirl nya~

Post by Vanilla » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:40 pm

Eu!...
What are you doing!?
Eu?...
STHAP!!!!

:neko055:
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
ImageImage
Nyaaaaaaa~ Thank you so much for this signature Hikari~nyaaann
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:11 pm

So, a black cat who needs a red scarf crafted by a child prodigy in order to talk is able to beat a talking full grown white tiger in terms of popularity. Looks like even Hayate to Gotoku's talking pet animal cannot secure a win for the Hayate team.
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:17 pm

Nothing much to say about the round. Tama losing was probably to be expected. Shiro probably would have been a better match, even if he doesn't talk.

Trinket, three little sisters that I know of and suspect at least one other.
Not sure where my vote will go for the necklace, Shana will have more chances to complete her collection, Shiina has the hair, or the Usa-Hina.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Momento10 wrote:So, a black cat who needs a red scarf crafted by a child prodigy in order to talk is able to beat a talking full grown white tiger in terms of popularity. Looks like even Hayate to Gotoku's talking pet animal cannot secure a win for the Hayate team.
Sakamoto talks...
ragna92
Dango daikazoku
Dango daikazoku

Post by ragna92 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm

Wow Kurumi got annihilated by Asuna. I guess she just isn't strong enough. I wonder how Kotori or Asuna will fare against Asuna. Hopefully Kurumi will improve when the tournament starts or this is going to be a disappointing year.

And I still can't believe Kanade lost just bad as Kurumi.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue
Worships: Yuki Kajiura
Melon Pan: 55
Wish: Chocolate sundaes

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:37 am

Kordosa wrote: With this win, Mikoto is now at 2-3 against Kanade in one vs. one ISML encounters. Most likely, her fanbase will continue to exact revenge in the postseason against Kanade in retaliation for Kanade's own revenge against Mikoto in the 2013 postseason (twice) in response to Kanade's loss to Mikoto in the 2013 regular season.
I do suppose so… Thanks for the answer anyway.
Kanade might have gotten anti-voted against, or the Mikoto-fans are taking revenge. But that doesn’t simply mean Kanade fans are going to quit.
Charlotte’s win came as the biggest surprise to me. I’d just say that Hinagiku fans took Charlotte too lightly

I like all of the characters who’re competing (except Shana. And I haven’t seen Sakurasou) for Topaz. Such a difficult choice... Itsuka Kotori doesn't seem to fit Topaz, and neither does Eucliwood... Kurousagi's out of the question, so TAKANASHI RIKKA! Saber would be ideal for Topaz Earrings
Last edited by Tokei Shikake Tenshi on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageThanks to Hikari-chan for the amazing signature!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Meguca, Donut-chan and Neptune
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:42 am

Homura wrote:Last Order winning against Vicky did surprise me. I voted for LO just because I thought Vicky would won and a smaller VD for LO could make Shana's SDO higher, otherwise I would have voted for Vicky. Probably I'm not alone...sorry about that...
I'm not blaming it on you! You don't need to apologize for anything. Yes, I'd take it that most voters had the impression that Vicky would win anyway, but I'm still surprised by the fact that the votes multiplied all of a sudden (And that Charlotte won against Hinagiku). I'm supposed to be happy that Hinagiku lost, but I can't help making this face whenever I see that Charlotte won:
SpoilerShow
Not against Charlotte winning! I like her... but still...
Midnight-Jasper wrote: So, Kanade's loss here might make her 'come down to earth'
Kanade's still among the stars =P
Last edited by Tokei Shikake Tenshi on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:27 am

TST, you should check previous year before acting surprised. Normal vote count was 8k but when Kanade vs Mikoto match arrived, it suddenly jumped to >16k.
Current increase isn't surprising at all, if anything, it's very modest. The results on the other hand... I'll comment on that a bit later.

Please refrain from using phrases such as "get back at X" because it might rile up fans of X character. We most certainly will but there's no need to make them too cautious ;)
Tokei Shikake Tenshi
Rogue
Rogue

Post by Tokei Shikake Tenshi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:05 am

Hehehe! I'll delete that part right away!!!
From now onwards, infuriated, angry, heartbroken fans of XXX know what to do ;P.
If not, then... Use your brain (or drop a message)! Mwahaha!
Operation Start!
Gyate~Show
Image Image Image