VOTING: 2014 Topaz [Necklace Round] - 21 August

Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Melon Pan: 50

Re: VOTING: 2014 Topaz [Necklace Round] - 21 August

Post by Elvinsky » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:02 am

ARENA 01-YoshinoShiina MashiroItsuka KotoriShanaTakanashi RikkaEucliwood HellscytheKurousagi
ARENA 02-Minazuki SoraSuzuki KanaHisakaki KomomoShiino KirariRetia AdolfOrifushi MafuyuAmagiri Yune
ARENA 03-Aerith GainsboroughTifa LockhartRinoa HeartillyGarnet Til Alexandros XVIIYunaAshelia B'nargin DalmascaLightning
ARENA 04-Oshino ShinobuHasegawa KobatoSaberYukinoshita YukinoYayaYūki MikanKirigaya Suguha
Arena 01: I hope the DAL fans finally got their act together...especially after Kurumi already martyred herself for the cause. Otherwise, it's just like Infinite Stratos in ISML 2011 all over again... -_-
Arena 03 (EX): Giving a vote to Rinoa for an admittedly strange reason: I remember a high school classmate who looks almost like her.
Arena 04: Well, it was down to either Kobato or Saber (and I wouldn't mind either contestant winning). Eventually went with Kobato--receiving a Kuroneko captcha also "persuaded" my choice. :lol:
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:05 am

Please vote for Kobato~

VotesShow
ARENA 01-YoshinoShiina MashiroItsuka KotoriShanaTakanashi RikkaEucliwood HellscytheKurousagi
ARENA 02-Minazuki SoraSuzuki KanaHisakaki KomomoShiino KirariRetia AdolfOrifushi MafuyuAmagiri Yune
ARENA 03-Aerith GainsboroughTifa LockhartRinoa HeartillyGarnet Til Alexandros XVIIYunaAshelia B'nargin DalmascaLightning
ARENA 04-Oshino ShinobuHasegawa KobatoSaberYukinoshita YukinoYayaYūki MikanKirigaya Suguha
Arena 1: I don't like Mashiro or Rikka, and I'm not for Shana winning yet another necklace. Since DAL will likely go nowhere due to vote splitting, and my favorite (Kurousagi) doesn't have the SDO to win, I'm going with Eucliwood, who while I don't particularly like, I dislike the least out of those with an actually decent SDO.
Arena 2: Voted for Kana since she's the only one with a known TV anime adaptation on the way. Mafuyu's H-OVAs don't count. (And I have no way of judging her character since I haven't watched them as of yet.)
Arena 3: The only Final Fantasy games I own are FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. Although I did once play a PC demo of FFVIII. I don't own a PS3 so I have no knowledge of FFXIII, and the only experience I've had with FFVII is the Advent Children movie. I went with Ashe since I liked the battle system and Ivalice in general.
Arena 4: Since Shinobu doesn't stand a chance here, I decided to go with Kobato.
Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:Arena 4: Since I haven't watched Boku wa Tomodachi Sukunai, I didn't know about Kobato. She looked moe to me, but I'm not sure about her personality.
If you've watched Ore no Imouto, then Kobato is more or less a loli version of Kuroneko. Kobato is a fan of a dark fantasy anime series and tries to emulate one of the characters (a vampire). However, since she's still a kid (in middle school), her alternate persona drops fairly often. She's also very attached to her older brother.
Bastion wrote:
Desufire wrote:She isn't even close to Hina besides pink hair wat -_-
Pink hair, superpowerful, honored by everyone (except the main characters) Sounds a lot like Hina-chan (anime version)
But Hina doesn't compare at all to Kurousagi's bust. :lol:
Yes, that was mean-spirited. I regret nothing. :twisted:
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Keima
Sylph
Sylph
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 am

By now I know how DAL works in this tournament, so despite the fact that I'd LOVE to see Kotori get a poster & Necklace I know with Yoshino in the mix it's almost guaranteed not to happen, so I'm not falling for that one this time.

And since I'm not a gamer and do not now, nor have I ever before or ever will care at all for FF stuff, I'll just skip arena 3 altogether.
ARENA 03AbsAerith GainsboroughTifa LockhartRinoa HeartillyGarnet Til Alexandros XVIIYunaAshelia B'nargin DalmascaLightning
Keima
Sylph
Sylph
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 am

Kordosa wrote:Please vote for Kobato~

:
Oh and FTR - I second this! Please PLEASE vote for Kobato! She would look sooooo perfect in a poster. I can just imagine the awesomeness!! :love:
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:39 am

VotesShow
ARENA 01: Yoshino Shiina Mashiro Itsuka Kotori Shana [Takanashi Rikka] Eucliwood Hellscythe Kurousagi
ARENA 02: Minazuki Sora Suzuki Kana Hisakaki Komomo [Shiino Kirari] Retia Adolf Orifushi Mafuyu Amagiri Yune
ARENA 03: Aerith Gainsborough [Tifa Lockhart] Rinoa Heartilly Garnet Til Alexandros XVII Yuna Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca Lightning
ARENA 04: [Oshino Shinobu] Hasegawa Kobato Saber Yukinoshita Yukino Yaya Yūki Mikan Kirigaya Suguha
SpoilerShow
fujibayashi
Undine
Undine
2017 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2017 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
Wish: World peace

Post by fujibayashi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:47 am

ARENA 01-四糸乃椎名ましろ五河 琴里シャナ小鳥遊六花ユークリウッド・ヘルサイズ黒ウサギ
ARENA 02-水無月空鈴木 佳奈姫榊 こもも椎野 きらりレーティア・アドルフ織節 真冬天霧 夕音
ARENA 03-エアリス・ゲインズブールティファ・ロックハートリノア・ハーティリーガーネット・ティル・アレクサンドロス17世ユウナアーシェ ・ バナルガン ・ ダルマスカライトニング
ARENA 04-忍野忍羽瀬川小鳩セイバー雪ノ下 雪乃夜々結城美柑桐ヶ谷直葉
Seikou
Taiyaki
Taiyaki
Worships: Pururut
Melon Pan: 55

Post by Seikou » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:12 am

ARENA 01AbsYoshinoShiina MashiroItsuka KotoriShanaTakanashi RikkaEucliwood HellscytheKurousagi
ARENA 03AbsAerith GainsboroughTifa LockhartRinoa HeartillyGarnet Til Alexandros XVIIYunaAshelia B'nargin DalmascaLightning
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2017 Female Favorite: Katō Megumi
2017 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:01 am

ARENA 02AbsMinazuki SoraSuzuki KanaHisakaki KomomoShiino KirariRetia AdolfOrifushi MafuyuAmagiri Yune
Shana for Topaz!!!
Darth Blitzer
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: KyoAni Empire
Wish: Patrolling the Ohio wasteland almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Post by Darth Blitzer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:11 pm

ETERNAL LURKER who rarely posts now sometimes posts, maybe
Politics, Religion, and Moé
"I remember when ISML was good"
"ISML has never been good"
rainbowizard
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: Okazaki Nagisa
Wish: All I wanted was one moment of happiness! Why! Why can't I be happy!?

Post by rainbowizard » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:54 pm

ARENA 02AbsMinazuki SoraSuzuki KanaHisakaki KomomoShiino KirariRetia AdolfOrifushi MafuyuAmagiri Yune
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm

This may be my last vote of this year's ISML...
ARENA 01-요시노시이나 마시로이츠카 코토리샤나타카나시 릿카유클리우드 헬사이즈흑토끼
ARENA 02-미나즈키 소라스즈키 카나히사카키 코모모시이노 키라리레티아 아돌프오리후시 마후유아마기리 유네
ARENA 03-에어리스 게인즈버러티파 록하트리노아 하틸리가넷 틸 알렉산드로스 17세유우나아셰 브날긴 달마스카라이트닝(에클레르 파론)
ARENA 04-오시노 시노부하세가와 코바토세이버유키노시타 유키노야야유우키 미캉키리가야 스구하
kuruta_tribe
Mahjong tile
Mahjong tile
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura

Post by kuruta_tribe » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Viteracf
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Viteracf » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi.. please, i want an information.... i have lost this last round (round 08 - necklace)... there is nothing i can do to compute my vote...? like send an email (and which email address would be..?) or something...?
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
2017 Female Favorite: Karasuma Chitose
2017 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Sorry, while vote changes are possible, we cannot do so after the voting period ends.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Viteracf
Ninja
Ninja

Post by Viteracf » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:38 am

Kholdy wrote:Sorry, while vote changes are possible, we cannot do so after the voting period ends.
Hmm.. aff, really..?! =( It's hard when you strictly fallow all the rounds and you lost (it's not that i forget... it's because i had issues that prevented me to vote) EXACTLY the round that you were waiting for so long... the Necklace round (round 08)...
Anyway, if you say, so there is no help...
Thanks for answering!
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Kordosa wrote:
Bastion wrote:
Desufire wrote:She isn't even close to Hina besides pink hair wat -_-
Pink hair, superpowerful, honored by everyone (except the main characters) Sounds a lot like Hina-chan (anime version)
But Hina doesn't compare at all to Kurousagi's bust. :lol:
Yes, that was mean-spirited. I regret nothing. :twisted:
I'm used to those types of comments, To the point that I've stopped ranting at them. Actually, her bust is pretty comparable to the others in her series.
Compared to the clear clone of Medaka (who has the bust of Usagi and is the council president), Usagi is just another clone.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Except not even close personality wise nor appearance wise besides hair color (half of the time even) which are pretty much the only things that you can base someone off of when calling them a clone

Its like calling chitanda eru a clone of akemi homura because they both have long black hair.

Or calling hinagiku a clone of ayaka from negima because they're both iinchous and have long hair and are both from harem animes
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Desufire wrote:Except not even close personality wise nor appearance wise besides hair color (half of the time even) which are pretty much the only things that you can base someone off of when calling them a clone

Its like calling chitanda eru a clone of akemi homura because they both have long black hair.

Or calling hinagiku a clone of ayaka from negima because they're both iinchous and have long hair and are both from harem animes
SpoilerShow
All three of the girls (hinagiku, medaka and usasi) share very similar traits in their frames (the only difference is Hina's lack of bust) and they're all powerful characters. Hina is probably still the most powerful girl in her series (even in the manga), Medaka is the most powerful (and we're told this several times in the manga, both in parts that are animated and those that aren't), Kurousagi is said to be in the class just slightly below the top.

Medaka's personality is amusingly similar to Hina's, and put either of them in the same situation of the world Little Garden is in and I don't see them acting any different. Switch out Medaka's bust and fiddle with her weaknesses, and they are exactly the same I could actually predict some of Usagi's actions because of knowing Hina.
The red/pink hair is a way to identify tsuns, and Medaka has the same hair-changing ability as Usagi.

I don't know negima, but long hair is indicative of several things and doesn't say anything about the character. Hayate has several long-haired characters and none of them are at all close to being 'clones'.
Calling them a clone doesn't actually mean anything. Or would you rather I call Victorique a Shana-clone, I believe that's listed on the TV Tropes site, those characters don't look or act alike, but it's there.
Desufire
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Orihime Inoue
Melon Pan: 60
Wish: For sugar to not be unhealthy, and campaigning to be easier

Post by Desufire » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Im just pointing out how stupid it is to me when you call one character a clone of [insert hayate no gotoku character] like every anime is copying it. Like for Christ's sake you called Shinka Nibutani a clone of hina because of a fucking hairclip. Yet when I point it out you try to deny it when I used the exact same comparisons
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:

Post by Bastion » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:53 am

Desufire wrote:Im just pointing out how stupid it is to me when you call one character a clone of [insert hayate no gotoku character] like every anime is copying it. Like for Christ's sake you called Shinka Nibutani a clone of hina because of a fucking hairclip. Yet when I point it out you try to deny it when I used the exact same comparisons
At the time I started doing that, I didn't know Shinka's personality, although it is rather similar, once I'd seen the show I was just using it as a nickname.

Most of the reason I use Hayate characters is because those are the characters I know best, it was the first real anime I got into. It's not a 'copying' statement, I'm noting the characters' similarities in some major character trait. Despite it being minor in her appearance, Hina's hairclip is a major part of her character and one of the elements used to identify her from the other characters at a glance, same as Shinka's.