RESULTS: 2014 Topaz 8

Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Topaz 8

Post by Jiharo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Repeat necklace winner were never new. I don't know why people are still surprised about it. ( ̄ー ̄)
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:21 pm

SHIT RESULTS.
Okay, Mafuyu winning is great. Tifa winning is okay even though it was obvious and I didn't care about that match. Saber winning is okay I guess even though Mikan is much better.
But still.

SHIT RESULTS.

Oh, and lol at Kotori and Yoshino. DAL faction my ass. I hope you people finally understand it doesn't exist and never did.

It's nice that Kurousagi wasn't last despite her terrible SDO.
It's also good to see that Shana got the most votes.
But still.

SHIT RESULTS.
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Zefyris wrote:
Desufire wrote:
Also wat. Complaining about repeat winner when you wanted Shana to get a SIXTH SEVENTH necklace? What a joke.
Obviously yes. if at the beginning of this year, you asked everyone who between shana and Mashiro could get the topaz necklace, almost everyone would have answered Mashiro. While yo usay seven necklace, you are purposely omitting three things : one, that Shana hasn't won a necklace for more than 3 years (ruby 2011) was her last). Hence this would have been a surprise to see her win again now. Two, that even though Shana has several necklaces indeed, she never had Topaz so she wouldn't be a repeat winner. Three, that there was other choices outside of Shana and Mashiro this time. I complained about Mashiro winning, and regretted that Shana didn't have those 6 votes, but never said Shana would have been the only interesting choice. Anyone else than Mashiro this time would have been more satisfying than Mashiro ImO.
Thanks for speaking the truth.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Listen, guys. Whoever wins, Mashiro OR Shana (or others), would get bombed by some here. One went for her 2nd consecutive Topaz necklace, one would have won her 7th necklace. Even if the results were reversed it would just be the same arguing all over (I know the VD doesn't help). So just move on, maybe?
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:18 pm

now that I am thinking of it: some contestant thumbnail pic does look cuter than other
example: I never watch nor read the anime of all those character in Topaz 8 completely (usually, I watch the pv or done some googling to see the storyline, if I am interested, I watch it)

because of that, when I look at the choices there, I think mashiro is cuter in the thumbnail pic that's why I vote for her...

the same can be said to suguha, whose thumbnail pic is bad (for me) and if it's Leafa pic or other pic of her that was used, she would have at least won more matches

I am wondering: how did the staff choose the thumbnail pic? basic "I like it so let us put it there" method or do you have some voting done?

ps.: no offense to staff :bigsmile:
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
kukimunstir
~Moon Rider~
~Moon Rider~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 211
2018 Female Favorite: Diamond
2018 Male Favorite: Ciel Phantomhive
Wish: to not get what i don't deserve & wildin'

Post by kukimunstir » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:43 pm

SpoilerShow
sdo

Topaz
Shiina Mashiro 85.084
Shana 82.977

vf Shana
winner Shiina Mashiro
------------------------------

Emerald
Yuuki Asuna 90.679
Itsuka Kotori 85.178

vf Yuuki asuna
winner Yuuki asuna

Ruby
Kuroyukihime 92.721
Tokisaki Kurumi 87.245

vf Tokisaki Kurumi
winner Kuroyukihime

Amethyst
Tokisaki Kurumi 94.443
Tachibana Kanade 93.412

vf Tachibana kanade
winner Tachibana kanade

Aquamarine
Gokou Ruri 93.629
Tachibana Kanade 93.576

vf Misaka Mikoto
winner Misaka Mikoto

it's insanely hard to overcome sdo unless girl is monster level or how do you call it... biri biri? :p
I'm glad that finally I can get to see Saber in the exhibition main page! Worth every flowers and dirt I've been through campaigning period :happy tears:
Yayyy for Malaysia's overflowing love for Shana<3
After all, to me the most important thing is that you're truthful - claire.
RailWarrior
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
ImageImage
Melon Pan: 307
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Todoroki Shōto

Post by RailWarrior » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:Sigh, Mashiro. The picture makes me want to vote for her in my neutral matches. But her personality...ugh. Conflicted :arrowed:.
Is her personality really conflicted? I might not watch Sakurasou now...
She's a victim of Salvent's syndrome, isn't she? Interesting... You like Kanade and don't like Mashiro...? Interesting... Interesting...
I knew there was something about Mashirou's eyes...
Though I'm happy Shana didn't win. Teehee... :twisted:
I had editted that post like one second afterwards, but guess it was to late, to say "Sigh, Mashiro. I'll be honest. If nothing else, the picture makes me want to support her. But her personality...ugh. Conflicted feelings about this victory :arrowed: ."
As for the Kanade and Mashiro comparison...I'll admit my favorite character personality is "danmari" (I can't technically say dandere as Kanade shows no deredere side whatsoever in the anime), which both Kanade and Mashiro possess. But Mashiro also possesses one other quality that just ticks me off.
RailWarrior wrote:14 episodes into Sakurasou and I have lost count of how many times I wanted to slap the blob of spoiled selfish idiocy that is Shiina Mashiro.
Of course, solely my opinion.
Alright. Mashiro rant. Feel free to disagree.
SpoilerShow
And no Mashiro does not have Savant Syndrome or any other autism-spectrum-like disorders. Her character progress and actions just does not reflect that. At all. The only thing that can support any autism-like disorders is her prodigious talent. The rest are qualities of being a spoiled brat. And I'm going to call up the biggest non-spoiler evidence that Mashiro can manage on her own, if she wants to: Mashiro freaking made it to Japan by herself. This is in episode 1, people. No form of 'rehabilitation' whatsoever yet for the (inexistent) disorder Mashiro has. No character development yet either. She just didn't want to do her own shit.
cole
Ninja
Ninja
Worships: Loli Shinobu <3

Post by cole » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Well, Shiina is the incarnation of moe because of her personnality, the stereotype of girl-object like her has always been erotic for lot of people. Ask Nagato about it ^^;

I don't know about myself, but still i think she deserved that necklace way better than some of thoses new full fanservice only characters made by the japanimation lately. I won't naming them i'm sure smart people know the drill.

Since Shana are not one of thoses, she would have been a good winner too thought. Let's wish her luck for next year :)

edit : and forget to say great job to Saber !!! :love: :love:
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:56 pm

For those interested, here are my character rankings from before Topaz 1 and after Topaz 7:

Before Topaz 1:
Character Ranking before Topaz 1Show
Tachibana Kanade - 69.29
Misaka Mikoto - 66.35
Shiina Mashiro - 64.71
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) - 60.38
Eucliwood Hellscythe - 57.53
Aisaka Taiga - 56.6
Aragaki Ayase - 56.01
Yuzuriha Inori - 54.72
Shana - 54.06
Nakano Azusa - 53.95
Akiyama Mio - 52.29
Nakamura Yuri - 50.13
Yui-nyan - 49.96
Hasegawa Kobato - 49.15
Saber - 48.15
Kashiwazaki Sena - 47.76
Konjiki no Yami - 47.16
Suzumiya Haruhi - 47.12
Makise Kurisu - 46.88
Oshino Shinobu - 45.78
Nagato Yuki - 45.68
Kōsaka Kirino - 45.15
Last Order - 44.26
Kasugano Sora - 44.12
Illyasviel von Einzbern - 43.82
Hirasawa Yui - 43.69
Charlotte Dunois - 43.61
Katsura Hinagiku - 43.14
Victorique de Blois - 41.86
Senjōgahara Hitagi - 41.66
Kirishima Shōko - 40.59
Iwasawa Masami - 39.85
Tōwa Erio - 39.57
Sengoku Nadeko - 39.17
Honma Meiko - 38.04
Mikazuki Yozora - 37.61

Tokisaki Kurumi - 62.76
Itsuka Kotori - 59.18
Yoshino - 55.75
Yūki Asuna - 55.05
Kuroyukihime - 54.87
Aoyama Nanami - 53.25
Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko - 51.42
Chitanda Eru - 50.95
Takanashi Rikka - 50.91
Yatogami Tōka - 49.61
Kurousagi - 49.52
Nibutani Shinka - 49.17
Yukinoshita Yukino - 46.69
Azuki Azusa - 46.23
Yaya - 45.81
Yūki Mikan - 42.01
Momo Belia Deviluke - 41.79
Tobiichi Origami - 41.53
Yui - 41.27
Kuriyama Mirai - 39.53
Natsume Rin - 39.46
Chocolat - 39.34
Shokuhō Misaki - 39.27
Shirakiin Ririchiyo - 39.26
Takanashi Tōka - 39.24
Kirigaya Suguha - 39
Himeragi Yukina - 38.45
Dekomori Sanae - 38.42
Nyarlathotep - 38.37
Haqua du Lot Herminium - 38.12
Nōmi Kudryavka - 37.41
Laura Bodewig - 36.49
Charlotte Belew - 36.35
Yukihira Furano - 36.29
Shiomiya Shiori - 36.21
Roromiya Karuta - 34.62
After Topaz 7:
Character Ranking after Topaz 7Show
Tachibana Kanade - 70.01
Shiina Mashiro - 66.8
Misaka Mikoto - 64.21
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) - 60.26
Eucliwood Hellscythe - 59.2
Aisaka Taiga - 57.34
Shana - 56.32
Aragaki Ayase - 55.66
Yuzuriha Inori - 52.82
Nakano Azusa - 52.36
Akiyama Mio - 51.39
Saber - 50.2
Nakamura Yuri - 49.42
Yui-nyan - 49.36

Konjiki no Yami - 48.53
Illyasviel von Einzbern - 48.14
Hasegawa Kobato - 48.03
Suzumiya Haruhi - 48.02

Makise Kurisu - 47.41
Kashiwazaki Sena - 46.42
Kasugano Sora - 45.87
Oshino Shinobu - 45.33
Hirasawa Yui - 45.08
Kōsaka Kirino - 44.85
Charlotte Dunois - 44.84
Nagato Yuki - 44.25
Last Order - 43.27
Katsura Hinagiku - 42.01
Senjōgahara Hitagi - 41.7
Kirishima Shōko - 40.64
Victorique de Blois - 40.45
Iwasawa Masami - 39.5
Tōwa Erio - 38.98
Sengoku Nadeko - 38.35
Honma Meiko - 38.16
Mikazuki Yozora - 36.99

Tokisaki Kurumi - 61.46
Yūki Asuna - 57.33
Itsuka Kotori - 57.11
Yoshino - 56.85
Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko - 53.52
Kuroyukihime - 53.27
Takanashi Rikka - 53.04
Kurousagi - 51.89
Aoyama Nanami - 51
Chitanda Eru - 49.72
Yatogami Tōka - 48.94
Azuki Azusa - 48.75
Nibutani Shinka - 47.14
Yukinoshita Yukino - 46.16
Yaya - 45.44
Momo Belia Deviluke - 41.98

Yūki Mikan - 41.83
Tobiichi Origami - 41.66
Shokuhō Misaki - 41.18
Yui - 41.05
Kuriyama Mirai - 40.72
Himeragi Yukina - 40.68
Takanashi Tōka - 40.36
Kirigaya Suguha - 39.28
Chocolat - 39.1
Haqua du Lot Herminium - 38.98
Nyarlathotep - 38.95
Natsume Rin - 38.12
Shirakiin Ririchiyo - 37.95
Dekomori Sanae - 37.24
Nōmi Kudryavka - 37.18
Laura Bodewig - 37.17
Charlotte Belew - 35.29
Yukihira Furano - 34.92
Roromiya Karuta - 34.88
Shiomiya Shiori - 34.78

Characters in bold made the playoffs.

For the most part, there wasn't too much movement during Topaz. The one exception to this is Illyasviel von Einzbern who looks to be in the top 16 of Stella way too late for it to matter. She looked pretty normal in Emerald so I wonder if something recently happened in Prisma Illya to cause Illyasviel to shoot up so much. Saber also looke pretty good, but not nearly as good as Illyasviel. Himeragi Yukina and Azuki Azusa also have strong showings. It doesn't matter much for Yukina but Azusa needs all the help she can get to reach the second phase of preliminaries. Other characters that did well are Shokuhou Misaki and Kurousagi.

There wasn't really much in terms of weak performances. Shinka and Nanami looked a bit off but it wasn't really that bad. Overall, Topaz was a fairly stable period.

Tiara frontrunners are Kanade and Mikoto. While it is starting to fade, right now Kanade still looks like she has the highest raw power out of everyone in ISML. The one most likely to challenge that is Mikoto who has shown the rallying power to overcome the power gap. The next most likely seem to be Mashiro, Kurumi and Kotori. Kurumi has gotten donked three times already despite the fact that she should be the strongest in Nova. Mashiro and Kotori may simply be too weak. I guess we'll see how everything works out when the playoffs start.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Keima
Undine
Undine
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Post by Keima » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 pm

RailWarrior wrote:
Tokei Shikake Tenshi wrote:
RailWarrior wrote:Sigh, Mashiro. The picture makes me want to vote for her in my neutral matches. But her personality...ugh. Conflicted :arrowed:.
Is her personality really conflicted? I might not watch Sakurasou now...
She's a victim of Salvent's syndrome, isn't she? Interesting... You like Kanade and don't like Mashiro...? Interesting... Interesting...
I knew there was something about Mashirou's eyes...
Though I'm happy Shana didn't win. Teehee... :twisted:
I had editted that post like one second afterwards, but guess it was to late, to say "Sigh, Mashiro. I'll be honest. If nothing else, the picture makes me want to support her. But her personality...ugh. Conflicted feelings about this victory :arrowed: ."
As for the Kanade and Mashiro comparison...I'll admit my favorite character personality is "danmari" (I can't technically say dandere as Kanade shows no deredere side whatsoever in the anime), which both Kanade and Mashiro possess. But Mashiro also possesses one other quality that just ticks me off.
RailWarrior wrote:14 episodes into Sakurasou and I have lost count of how many times I wanted to slap the blob of spoiled selfish idiocy that is Shiina Mashiro.
Of course, solely my opinion.
Alright. Mashiro rant. Feel free to disagree.
SpoilerShow
And no Mashiro does not have Savant Syndrome or any other autism-spectrum-like disorders. Her character progress and actions just does not reflect that. At all. The only thing that can support any autism-like disorders is her prodigious talent. The rest are qualities of being a spoiled brat. And I'm going to call up the biggest non-spoiler evidence that Mashiro can manage on her own, if she wants to: Mashiro freaking made it to Japan by herself. This is in episode 1, people. No form of 'rehabilitation' whatsoever yet for the (inexistent) disorder Mashiro has. No character development yet either. She just didn't want to do her own shit.
I didn't mind Mashiro all that much to be honest. While I did try to like Sakurasou Pet na Kanojo more that I did, the levels of self-pity/angst in some of the characters really started grating on my nerves towards the end of the series. Especially Sorata. HE was the one I really wanted to slap several times in the course of watching it ('What's that? You failed on ONLY YOUR 2nd TRY to publish a video game and you feel like your life is over and your jealous of Mashiro's talent?" *insert Tony Soprano doing his best "Oh poor you!" remark*).

But yeah I guess I'm OK with Mashiro winning. Not my first choice, but my true first choice Kotori had no chance. Kobato coming in 3rd from last is truly shit-tastic, but at least my 2nd choice Saber won, and the poster looks good, so I'll take consolation in that. Good job Saber!
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 am

cole wrote:Well, Shiina is the incarnation of moe because of her personnality, the stereotype of girl-object like her has always been erotic for lot of people. Ask Nagato about it ^^;

I don't know about myself, but still i think she deserved that necklace way better than some of thoses new full fanservice only characters made by the japanimation lately. I won't naming them i'm sure smart people know the drill.

Since Shana are not one of thoses, she would have been a good winner too thought. Let's wish her luck for next year :)

edit : and forget to say great job to Saber !!! :love: :love:
well, if only everybody understands the actual meaning of 'moe' :onion12:
still, it is fan-base that pays for the services of writers, animators, and publishers
so, like it or not, we should accept it
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
blaZofgold
Space cowboy
Space cowboy
Badges:
Worships: God, the real one
Wish: Murphy's Law not to be always true

Post by blaZofgold » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:12 am

Shana hasn't been this close in years. It pains me to see such a close score.

Anyways, Kuroneko got shafted this year so /careth not about ISML. I don't even know why she got hit so hard.

In other news, where did DAL go?
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:16 am

blaZofgold wrote:Shana hasn't been this close in years. It pains me to see such a close score.

Anyways, Kuroneko got shafted this year so /careth not about ISML. I don't even know why she got hit so hard.

DaL girls are killing among themselves, so you won't see them.
ImageImage
avery-kun
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Berserker!
Melon Pan: 135
Wish: Illya 2017!

Post by avery-kun » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 am

tehyc wrote:
blaZofgold wrote:Shana hasn't been this close in years. It pains me to see such a close score.

T'was a very interesting war. The sniping, the anti-sniping. It'll be interesting to see if their war will cost all of them the Tiara.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:39 am

well, if only everybody understands the actual meaning of 'moe'
Just to point out that generally, when someone says something like that, he/she's the one misunderstanding the usual meaning of "moe" (which is very vague to begin with), restricting it more than what it should be.
Maybe they'll be able to do better in post season, since there 's only 1vs1 matches here. They have a very good chance to get the circlet. Which is a good news since it means that one of the three girl will switch to stella starting next year, liberating a bit the top of Nova from their domination (that is, if no new DaL girl from the second season comes to replace the one who switched to stella, ofc.).
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:45 am

Just a note Zefryiz, if one of the DAL girls does make it to Stella, apparently if I am not wrong, Chocolat gets auto-nomination, from what houreki says
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sphire
Space pirate
Space pirate
Wish: Love & Peace

Post by Sphire » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 am

Zefyris wrote: Maybe they'll be able to do better in post season, since there 's only 1vs1 matches here. They have a very good chance to get the circlet. Which is a good news since it means that one of the three girl will switch to stella starting next year, liberating a bit the top of Nova from their domination (that is, if no new DaL girl from the second season comes to replace the one who switched to stella, ofc.).
Nova girls will be falling over each other to get away from Shiro next year. Circlet is now secondary :twisted:
Bloodborne AwesomeShow
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 am

Sphire wrote: Nova girls will be falling over each other to get away from Shiro next year. Circlet is now secondary :twisted:
Shiro / Jibril No Game No Necklace

:neko032:
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:03 pm

2 years ago most of us were saying the same thing about Asuna for example. Let's see what she can really do next year.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Reverend » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Zefyris wrote:
well, if only everybody understands the actual meaning of 'moe'
Just to point out that generally, when someone says something like that, he/she's the one misunderstanding the usual meaning of "moe" (which is very vague to begin with), restricting it more than what it should be.
yes, that's what make it ironic :onion2_209:
well, I guess that's the fate of every slang word that became popular and used widely

btw, anybody here have read Amagi Brilliant Park?
I was looking at the PV yesterday and I think the character were drawn quite cute
if you do, is the story quite good/are there any character there that has the potential to take out NGNL girls?
(I'm not worried worry about the anime adaptation destroying the story, KyoAni's doing it and they never let me down before)