Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: RESULTS - Amethyst 2

Post by Chocola » Fri May 15, 2009 5:48 am

Demi., you are so determined to believed that ISML will not change that you are surprised about the results.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Fri May 15, 2009 5:51 am

Nope, the results would be beliavable if characters from the same series where not both severly overperforming and underperforming the same day. At least that way, I could blame it on a vote demographic switch.
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Fri May 15, 2009 7:25 am

bah, this is a late aprils fool joke. Totally bullshit results. Whoever is guilty should burn in hell...

They are so many rape-wins, I can understand Demi's idea about cheated multivoting.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Fri May 15, 2009 7:48 am

No Demi., you don't have an answer for everything. Just admit that you're wrong and you failed to predict anything.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Fri May 15, 2009 8:04 am

That's fine, keep thinking that, and I'll keep thinking these results are skewed.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Fri May 15, 2009 8:46 am

The results do look really odd. If it was just my stats making stupid predictions, I could understand. However, the same matches that are way outside of my stat's preidction are also the matches the Demi's system is flagging as odd. Some of the matches you don't need any complicated system to notice something is wrong.

Kushieda Minori(71.34%), Kawashima Ami(70.99%) and Kurata Sayuri(69.34%) out did Tomoyo's performance(65.92%) against Tamaki.

Rena(62.78%) came close to Yuki(64.74%) and outdid Suigintou(61.50%) and Hinagiku(60.80%) on Hayate.

Mikuru doing better than Haruhi while fighting a far stronger opponent makes no sense at all.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Fri May 15, 2009 9:24 am

Maybe the backlash from some elements has stated to hit? More people refusing to vote for certain characters or outright voting against said characters. Or abstaining more often?

Or there was some really, really weird demographic change based on moe types rather than series. Because while I can see Yuki or Mikuru being more popular on a moe basis that Haruhi...Haruhi has been dominating most days and with Kyon tends to be the most popular in polls with Yuki coming in just ahead or behind depending on the geographical locations being polled. Mikuru is almost always behind in popularity, but classifed as "the definition of moe" from about halfway though the series. The newtype Moeblob with multiple moe modes. Yuki on the other hand (in Saimoe) defeated both of them in turn.

So I have no idea what is going on here...I might learn more with more numbers. Speaking a which I'll write the Space Opera later on in the day. I usually like more lists as I sometimes use them to deturmine the type of battle, or group up the offensives...or just make sure I got everyone done.
Space Opera
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Fri May 15, 2009 11:32 am

Maybe boredom? I don't think all the voters will last to the end.

But Taiga screwed up my Amethyst score by losing. Holo also did. They were the two non-first tier members that I thought would have a chance at the necklace. Suigintou being the third who I think could maybe pull it off.

Well, Taiga and Holo don't have a solid fanbase.

I find C.C has quite the solid fanbase. She doesn't really jump up and down all that much, she remsins with at least 1000-1200 votes per every match, getting more when she wins, but still getting good amounts of votes even when she loses.
Signature by Me.
Ikaros is <3~! Please support her in ISML with nominations and votes~!
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm

ithekro wrote:I'd like to hope that Osaka is on a comeback. Or that her older fans are finally voting.
Appearently that would be difficult... I mean even whe she have a match with the weakest characters she still loses by a good amount of votes...

Well I too found some of this round results very strange. I believe it's a good thing that ISML becomes more unpredicable but I'm curious of what could have caused this...
Signum
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Signum » Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 pm

Suzumiya Haruhi - 1390 votes
Bullshit.
Thiago3T
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki
Badges:

Post by Thiago3T » Fri May 15, 2009 2:28 pm

I got surprised with Taiga´s lost, I vote to “palmtop tiger”. But, I love Mikuru, so that´s ok.
No Demi., you don't have an answer for everything. Just admit that you're wrong and you failed to predict anything.
Demi., as you can see. Mikuru voting grow since Topaz. She have the same possibility to win like Setsuna last year (it would be awesome, if happened). She won some strong opponents (Konata and now Taiga). So is not (so much) surprise that.

And as KS said, “Haruhi-chan” is getting boost to all the characters. Mikuru is getting until now…. Maybe the fans are believing that she can get Top 16. And I one of them…. and I will support the Mikuru campaign \o/.
Nagato and Haruhi are a big votes since the begin the league, how they can rise more? Now is Mikuru turn.

(Mikuru win Fate? ROLF)

In 2008, the votes not passed 400/500 votes in regular. Now, there more 3000. Of course different fans will support your favorite “moe”.

Haruhi not get a great difference, maybe Misuzu get all AIR fans votes. So. If have was against Kanon character, the difference will be bigger (unfortunately for me)

As Chaosprophet said: surprises are welcome.

ithekro wrote:Maybe the backlash from some elements has stated to hit? More people refusing to vote for certain characters or outright voting against said characters. Or abstaining more often?
Well…. I´m doing this. The Top 10-12 are alredy classified, for me.
So I´ll support my characters who has chance to get another places... And I can do this votting against who is trying get their position.

ithekro wrote:I'd like to hope that Osaka is on a comeback. Or that her older fans are finally voting.
The newers fans will never see Osaka (true) charm.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Fri May 15, 2009 5:12 pm

See, I just think that we have almost replaced half of our starting ISML voters. Simply put, we have new voters, new interests, new results.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Fri May 15, 2009 5:26 pm

And all these new voters replaced the old all within the span of a single match. Okay.
Juice
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Wish: To successfully guide students on their path.

Post by Juice » Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm

No. Voting data suggests it started with Topaz 8.
New Saimoe Podcast!
GTO--an inspiration to my next stage in life.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Fri May 15, 2009 7:45 pm

My predictions, if I made them:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Manuel71
Nekomimi meido
Nekomimi meido

Post by Manuel71 » Fri May 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Love the outcome. I'm regaining interest after the terrible results in Topaz.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Fri May 15, 2009 8:07 pm

Sorry for the delay, but statistics are now posted in the first post. Also, believe it or not, this is Hinagiku's second time in a row having the highest percentage of all arena.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Thiago3T
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki
Badges:

Post by Thiago3T » Fri May 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Juice wrote:No. Voting data suggests it started with Topaz 8.
The same time when the people post about the general votes increase, here on forum.... and celebrated about it.

OFF: I read again my last post... omg! So many errors. Sorry about my english XD
Kairi
Claymore
Claymore
Worships: Hoshina Utau

Post by Kairi » Fri May 15, 2009 10:16 pm

I thought Amu would do worse... so I'm... somehow happy that it wasn't... that bad. Sad to see Taiga lose. Especially against Mikuru. Wasn't expecting Minorin and Shinku to win, but I won't complain.

I would agree that the results do seem a bit weird... Haruhi winning by that little does seem strange. But, well, we'll see what happens next.
Image Image Image Image Image
Meimi132
Bard
Bard

Post by Meimi132 » Sat May 16, 2009 5:45 pm

Wellll this round wasn't too bad. Makoto was my only favourite who didn't win.

Curse Eva...