Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Re: RESULTS - Amethyst 3

Post by Chocola » Sun May 17, 2009 1:59 am

Okay I lose.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sun May 17, 2009 2:12 am

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Even Powerhouses lose if the leave their defense unattended. Lazy voters thinking that their idol will do well regardless of their participation forget that it DOES have an effect.

Even assuming that there is a group of people that normally goes out of their way to attract people to vote for Fate, they would not be choosing the match against Suigintou of all characters to suddenly decide to take a break. Especially considering the fact that such a group would be familar with Fate's history with the dolls in Japanese Saimoe.

If they aren't an organized group, it would mean a bunch of people individually came to the conclusion that the Suigintou match was a good time to not come and vote. I mean they came out 2 day before the match to stomp the hell out of Vita but couldn't be bothered with Amethyst 3?

And on the exact same day, the Haruhi and Yuki fanbase decide to take a break(but not the Mikuru fanbase!).

Keep in mind it's not like the fans of Haruhi, Yuki and Fate's opponents have a reason to come out in droves. To them, the match is clear loss and there's no pressing reason to rally people to come and vote.

Your predictions will no longer have any word of the form 'accuracy' if the trend continues. Because It's quite clear characters are severly underperforming, and severly overperforming from one match to the next. But from the looks of it this "new voting demographic" is pro Rozen Maiden. I'de say they hate MGLN and SHnY, but I'de be willing to bet they will stop voting against them after they've got a few more losses to their name. It's quite clear they voted every underdog, except vs. the characters they actually support.

And with how Suigintou and Rin just performed, even Shana would be devoured in their wake.

Probably. Amethyst 2 and 3 are inconsistant with Amethyst 1 and earlier. I haven't had a chance to see if Amethyst 2 and Amethyst 3 are consistant with each other but at a glance it doesn't really seem like they are. If they aren't, there's no guarnatee Amethyst 4 would act like Amethyst 3.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Hetaliafan09
Cherry blossom
Cherry blossom
Worships: Gilgamesh
Wish: Become a member of the Straw Hat crew.

Post by Hetaliafan09 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:14 am

Ugh. My poor C.C. is 1 for 3.

I'm surprized she held her own against Shana though.

Also Ayu winning against Misuzu? Terrible.
Miyuri
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Care to guess?
Wish: Freedom and her own world.

Post by Miyuri » Sun May 17, 2009 3:32 am

Okay, it seems a lot of people get shocked because Fate lost to Suigintou.. In fact, I'm shocked as well.

Also--Shana beats CC? I didn't really expect that...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Sun May 17, 2009 4:13 am

Eva :tearsad: by so little... anyway this round was upside down... Fate losing, Yuki almost losing ... and Kirino won by a good amount??!! (well that was good to me but still very unexpected.

Well I won't comment in any other specific match because there is too many crazy results... now I'm really curious about who is the new group in ISML that could change it that much... it really looks like massive tatical voting... won't be surprised if Shinku or Suigintou wins the necklace this time...
imbehindyou
Time traveler
Time traveler
Worships: Rena
Wish: Becoming Pokemon Master.  Wishes for: Becoming teh Master Hater.  Wishes for: James' Victreebel & Mime Jr. Secret Identity: I am a robot. 

Post by imbehindyou » Sun May 17, 2009 5:10 am

This rampage wasn't enough to get Rika and Rena to win, but Gin-sama beating Fate by whopping 406 votes. WOW!

Wrong:
1. Tsukasa vs Nagi - recent Hayate no Gotoku!! boost??????
2. Ayu vs Misuzu - was a close match.
3. Nagi vs Kirino - WOW
4. Gin-sama vs Fate - What the hell happened? part 1
5. Yami vs Chii - I should stop overestimating Chii
6. Rin vs Kotomi - What the hell happened? part 2
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun May 17, 2009 7:12 am

I'm not even sure how to write this one up yet. Some things are way too close for normal and others are total reversals. Fate/Stay Night characters were all 1900+, all the Rozen Maidens won. Yuki and Haruhi almost get defeated. Fate losses to Gin-sama again after two years and not in Saimoe itself?

Did the Japanese just announce their arrival into the tournament or something? Because this has to be some sort of faction for this large a reversal of fortunes, or that much of an increase in voter count.
Space Opera
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Sun May 17, 2009 7:42 am

Japan couldn't create such fail results. As far as I know, It's Taiwan, since ever since Amethyst they've doubled China in hits on Google Analytics. Of course, the US Isn't even #2 anymore, China is. And I think a lot of these results where from combined tactical voting, and not popular opinion.

I can only hope Taiwan leaves after Amethyst or I'm in for a world of disappointment. What is it with other countries and their ability to form a faction and vote the same characters, anyway? :arrow:

Either way, it looks like they're atleast 500 voters strong. Based on the total rapage Rin gave Kotomi, and the fact Fate actually lost...and by 400 no less. +I'de expect Haruhi to win her match vs desu by atleast tripple of what she won by. Yuki's close win vs Horo doesn't make a whole lot of sense, either.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun May 17, 2009 9:24 am

Maybe it is some sort of anti-repeat group? A group that wants "Change" by taking out all the Top 16 since most of them have been in the Top 16 since sometime last year, since most have rather strong following up until now.
Space Opera
Blue Neko
Katana
Katana

Post by Blue Neko » Sun May 17, 2009 10:05 am

mrjpark wrote:Who the hell is Suigintou?!
What a question =.=
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun May 17, 2009 10:14 am

Suigintou....the one that beat Fate in Saimoe 2007 in a high vote match.

One of the oldest surviving rivalries in Saimoe is Rozen Maidens verses Nanoha. Ran like that for three years. Nanoha beat the Rozen Maidens in 2005, The Rozen Maidens beat Fate in 2006 and 2007. In 2008, there were no Rozen Maidens present.

Suigintou is the "villan" of Rozen Maidens. She has a delicious evil voice and laugh, and is voiced by Rie Tanaka.
Space Opera
Signum
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Signum » Sun May 17, 2009 10:56 am

Haruhi and Yuki fail to steamroll their opponent?
Fate loses?
Mikuru still has that ridiculous huge vote amount?
FSN characters all got a huge boost out of nowhere?

What the hell is happening?
Cecaniah
Artisan
Artisan

Post by Cecaniah » Sun May 17, 2009 12:11 pm

Hetaliafan09 wrote:Ugh. My poor C.C. is 1 for 3.

I'm surprized she held her own against Shana though.

Also Ayu winning against Misuzu? Terrible.
I pretty sure, not completely positive, but pretty sure this is my fault.

AND YES!!!! GO GIN-SAMA!!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!!!!
Signature by Me.
Ikaros is <3~! Please support her in ISML with nominations and votes~!
NeZZuri
Cardcaptor
Cardcaptor

Post by NeZZuri » Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm

I can't believe Fate and Nanoha lose !

How can Fate lose to.. who ?
FFS Shoujo Collector ^_^ check this if you got a facebook account : http://apps.facebook.com/friendsforsale ... w/33574465
Destiny
Osananajimi
Osananajimi

Post by Destiny » Sun May 17, 2009 2:27 pm

It's funny to see all the fanboys rage over Fate's defeat. I wasn't expecting this, especially from Sugintou, and I'm wondering what could have caused such an upset. Looks like all dolls got a huge boost in votes, though this doesn't explain Yuki narrowly defeating Horo. Backlash after winning topaz maybe?
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Destiny wrote:It's funny to see all the fanboys rage over Fate's defeat. I wasn't expecting this, especially from Sugintou, and I'm wondering what could have caused such an upset.
took the words out of my mouth...its funny really. I am not as ISMLobsessed as last year so really I don't care much about the results anymore but I will say this regardless of what anyone says ISML09 > ISML08 cause this time in general we have had more unpredicted results than last year and I love being proven wrong so much this year.

Before people start raging at how anti-x a group is maybe you should look at it as how pro-x they are. Fate didn't really drop in votes her total was average to what she would usually win with.

If anything people should be more worried about how this new voting base has not affected Kyou at all, she is the top character atm and it looks like not even this will stop her
Thiago3T
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki
Badges:

Post by Thiago3T » Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 pm

Fate wrote:Thiago3T, I don't appreciate your comments. It's nowhere near appropriate and ethical to classify Fate losing as 'awesome.' It's an unfathomable catastrophe of infinite proportions that leaves everybody in a state of bewilderment.
Humm... I don´t know if you´re kidding. Problablt not...

I´m am a Haruhi fan, and I know there many anti-fans of her. And they want that she lose. Just accept the same with Fate...
(And I LOVE IT see Haruhi win Fate!)

As said before, Fate was the atual champion... and this make her the number 1 be defeated.
Everyone wants to win her.
Game8910 wrote:
Destiny wrote:It's funny to see all the fanboys rage over Fate's defeat. I wasn't expecting this, especially from Sugintou, and I'm wondering what could have caused such an upset.
took the words out of my mouth...its funny really. I am not as ISMLobsessed as last year so really I don't care much about the results anymore but I will say this regardless of what anyone says ISML09 > ISML08 cause this time in general we have had more unpredicted results than last year and I love being proven wrong so much this year.

Before people start raging at how anti-x a group is maybe you should look at it as how pro-x they are. Fate didn't really drop in votes her total was average to what she would usually win with.

If anything people should be more worried about how this new voting base has not affected Kyou at all, she is the top character atm and it looks like not even this will stop her
[3]

News campains are getting stronger. I´like those surprises. And I worry too, beacause some girls who I support are being threatened not be in Top 16.

Pro-Fate fans have to give a answer, to show the Sugintou loss was a suprise. This is the fun the current points: everyone have your chance to shine.

Kyou is being worderful! Everyone is afraid with her dictionary attack :mrgreen:

And I repeat: The ISML is getting more interstering and exciting now....
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sun May 17, 2009 8:21 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ew-episode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That should help a bit. Haruhi still needs to get past Saber in her current state, though.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Signum
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Signum » Sun May 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Best. news. ever. :shock:
Thiago3T
Kyuuketsuki
Kyuuketsuki
Badges:

Post by Thiago3T » Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Team Rocket Elite wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ew-episode

That should help a bit. Haruhi still needs to get past Saber in her current state, though.
O-M-G!!!!

Run to the hills!!! Haruhi is back \o/