Amethyst 2014 Featured Match Write-ups

Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage
Melon Pan: 50

Re: Amethyst 2014 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Jiharo » Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:I wonder if I'm not too late.
Yuki Asuna vs Shirakiin RirichiyoShow
Being sheltered from the normal life, both Asuna and Ririchiyo have never been good at making alliances, much less friends. Asuna secluded herself when she found herself alone, not trying to team up with anyone but herself. Ririchiyo, having been groomed as the successor of the Shirakiin clan never got a chance to make friends with anyone and instead scaring others off. With time, both of time realised it was time to step out of their safe zone; into the wild for they know that being alone is not going to make their lives any much easier and the only way to survive in this cruel world is to make connections ; whether lovers or acquaintances, it does not matter. For if they could meet people and truly become friends with them, only then will they become their true selves, instead of the groomed ojou-sama they grew up for.
You're too late. The deadline is 1000h GMT which means 1900h in my time and you posted this barely a few mins after the deadline. I don't know is Marinara gonna accept this or not.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Thu May 15, 2014 6:47 pm

Jiharo wrote:
Tobiichi Origami (Date A Live) vs Yaya (Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsuk…Show
Tobiichi Origami was in love with her partner since young and she went to great extend to collect every little information she could get of partner in order to understand him.
Was the above information revealed in season 2? Because if not, this could probably be considered a minor character spoiler. Please attempt to keep character information restricted to what is known from the anime, and in addition, please be mindful of spoilers, especially when dealing with currently airing anime.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 17, 2014 11:41 am

AMETHYST 4

Reserving the following
Hirasawa Yui vs Suzumiya HaruhiShow
All work and no play makes Jill a dull girl. That certainly describes Yui and Haruhi, making full use of each day to have exciting and fun moments, whether it is enjoying Mugi's tea or performing a song, everyday is packed with fun-filled and unexpected joy and moments when you are stuck with them, so make the best of it. To Yui, nothing deepens her spirit and it is always up to her to reverse the bad moments, to make their members give it their all, even if she herself fails at a test or flop up. Haruhi wants to do it all, no matter how pointless or stupid it is. Breaking up with a guy immediately, drawing graffiti are just some of the things she does to satisfy her boredom. She never fails to make the whole brigade work for something to prevent something serious to happen and although they do not admit it, it has filled them with lots of memories that could not be forgotten to them. Each moment makes up a part of our lives, would you risk for those moments or live a reserved life?
Nakamura Yuri vs Victorqiue de BloisShow
Problems are everywhere- from simple ones like spilled milk or misplacement of certain things to complex ones like murder or almost unsolvable crimes and it is up to the natural problem solvers like Yuri and Victorqiue to solve these issues. Yuri, being the natural leader has to take command of every small issue, like lack of distraction and aim of the particular mission. Because, if no one else does it, who would? Yuri cannot just sit there and wait for someone, because she knows it herself. Victorqiue, although unknown ito public, is actually the one solving all the immensely thought to be impossible to solve crimes made by villains. Her motive is unclear but what she does simply cannot be ignored by everyone, for problems like these require great thinking and analysis, and she possess such skills, making her a valuable team player, that is if she wants to. Solving problems are just the norm for these two but whom would you feel solved the problems better to an extent?
Nomi Kud vs Chitanda EruShow
Curiosity is merely a trait of theirs, being curious is not a crime. As such, they find every single mystery or peculiar things most definitely interesting. Eru finds even the simplest of mysteries interesting, pumped up to help solve this case with the help of a reluctant master detective, forced by her eyes. No matter how important it is, as long as it interest her, she would persist into solving it, even if it is not her business nor should she really go bother about it. Nomi, having been in and out of countries, has never really stayed long enough for her to fully experience what that particular country has to offer. So when she had the chance, she made good use of it, making every moment, every curiosity count, and trying her best to fulfill her current wishes, like performing well in that particular subject. It is never wrong to be curious, but just remember, curiosity kills the cat, for there is always a limit to one how one can be curious, but would Eru and Nomi have a limit?
Yaya and Kuriyama MiraiShow
They themselves know they are not normal. One's a spirit warrior, the other a automaton. They themselves know that they can never be normal. One did a terrible deed, the other cannot be human. They themselves resign to their fate, making full use of their abilities before their time is up. One slays monsters for gold,the other serves as one of the strongest automaton for her master.They find enjoyment in the weirdest of things. One poses for model shoots, the other would willingly bathe with her master. For them, since they are not the normal, they will not ever feel themselves to be able to settle down, to enjoy a peaceful life, for it is their fate, their will. But, no one tells them, people have accepted them for who they are, what they are, no discrimination of any sort, even the kin whom Mirai did a terrible deed against their kin forgave her, even Yaya's peers regarded her as a she, not a it. There are times where people may not seem who they are, but that still does not give anyone the right to discriminate for who they are, for everyone makes mistakes, even terrible ones.
Last edited by Fuijiwara on Sun May 18, 2014 6:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Sat May 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:AMETHYST 4

Reserving the following
SpoilerShow
You didn't/forgot to list which match(es) you reserve.
ImageImage
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sat May 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Kordosa wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
Tobiichi Origami was in love with her partner since young and she went to great extend to collect every little information she could get of partner in order to understand him.
Was the above information revealed in season 2? Because if not, this could probably be considered a minor character spoiler. Please attempt to keep character information restricted to what is known from the anime, and in addition, please be mindful of spoilers, especially when dealing with currently airing anime.
I did not cross many boundaries and I remember about that. It was accepted so all is well.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Mon May 19, 2014 4:01 am

Jiharo wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
I did not cross many boundaries and I remember about that. It was accepted so all is well.
As long as this is kept in mind (by everyone in general), that's fine. As for your last sentence, I would caution on leaning on that logic too often, since there's no guarantee that the Staff has knowledge of every single character or series represented in ISML, since they can't be expected to have watched or remembered all the details of a given series or character by the time the regular season rolls around. Things can and have fallen through the cracks on occasion before.

I was simply pointing out a concern I spotted, and giving some advice. I apologize if I came across as attacking you personally.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Mon May 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Amethyst 5

Reserving Takanashi Toka (Chuunibyo Demo Koi ga Shitai!) vs. Tobiichi Origami (Date A Live)
SpoilerShow
Takanashi Tōka and Tobiichi Origami are both extremely talented individuals. Tōka's appetizing Italian pasta, be it spaghetti or fusilli, along with her collection of Italian cuisine, has savored the taste buds of the lips of her hungry customers, and earned her the invaluable chance to further improve in Italy itself. Origami, who was deemed not too young to die, spent her youth fighting creatures that intruded from another dimension and brought tremendous damage, making her ability to control the Realizer units being envied by most of her counterparts.
But the two have things that their brains just refuse to comprehend. Tōka always wonder why her sister stepped into her own delusions and wears an eyepatch just to cover her yellow contact lens, while Origami is mystified of the reason that made her boyfriend so close with the villains that killed her parents, the ones which led to uncountable deaths. Both of them vow to save their beloved one from their respective dangers. Who will succeed in doing the impossible?
167 words

This is my first time writing one, so if I messed up big please tell me.
Last edited by smartboyhw on Tue May 20, 2014 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Tue May 20, 2014 5:17 am

can i try to make one ?

reserving Itsuka Kotori vs Shokuhō Misaki
Kotori vs MisakiShow
Is being a leader a fate or just a showdown of power ? What we need to be a respected leader ?
Kotori and Misaki know the answer of those questions and here they are, the one is a commander of a secret organization and the other a boss of biggest clique. Each of them possess a great power that make theirself capable to be the brain of the group.
Shokuhō Misaki wants to show to us that her tittle as Queen of Tokiwadai isn’t just not a rumor that spread around Accademy City. With gracefully and beautifully, she leads her clique along with her power as Accademy city’s Level 5, Mental Out.
Different from Misaki, Itsuka Kotori commands the airship firmly, besiding her status as an younger sister in the house, makes everyone in the ship recognize and respect her. No one in the ship dare to disobey or even revolt her decision.
For the sake of their own group, they still looking for a new member. And now, they set their eyes on you. Can u decide in which leader you will give your support ?
sorry for the bad english
and i still need your guidance
thx for the opportunity
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Post by Marinara » Tue May 20, 2014 7:25 am

Kordosa--Thank you so much for your input. Like you say, it's impossible sometimes for me or anyone to know everything about each character and each show, so I of course always appreciate when viewers point out spoilers or mistakes. If I had seen your note about the possible spoiler earlier, I would have asked Jiharo to adjust it.

BugH--I'm glad to see another new writer! Thank you for your submission; I enjoyed reading and proofing it. I hope to see more previews from you in the future whenever you find a chance.
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Tue May 20, 2014 7:40 am

Marinara wrote:Kordosa--Thank you so much for your input. Like you say, it's impossible sometimes for me or anyone to know everything about each character and each show, so I of course always appreciate when viewers point out spoilers or mistakes. If I had seen your note about the possible spoiler earlier, I would have asked Jiharo to adjust it.

BugH--I'm glad to see another new writer! Thank you for your submission; I enjoyed reading and proofing it. I hope to see more previews from you in the future whenever you find a chance.
with my pleasure
and thx for your welcome
^_^
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Tue May 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Marinara wrote:Kordosa--Thank you so much for your input. Like you say, it's impossible sometimes for me or anyone to know everything about each character and each show, so I of course always appreciate when viewers point out spoilers or mistakes. If I had seen your note about the possible spoiler earlier, I would have asked Jiharo to adjust it.

Thank you for proofreading my and BugH's write-ups :)
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Marinara » Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 pm

smartboyhw wrote:Thank you for proofreading my and BugH's write-ups :)
My pleasure :) Thank you for submitting your first write-up, as well!
Follow me on Twitter!
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by smartboyhw » Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Amethyst 6

Reserving three matches this time, and all of them involve the only three anime I watched in Nova ;P
Chitanda Eru (Hyōka) vs. Tokisaki Kurumi (Date A Live)Show
Both Chitanda Eru and Tokisaki Kurumi have a gentle wish in their hearts. Eru hopes that nobody in the world would ever suffer from hunger, while Kurumi does not want her counterparts to destroy the world again. But their ways to achieve their goals are very different. Eru, having an unlimited curiosity, spends most of her time solving mysteries and learning advanced farming technology, hoping to cultivate higher-quality crops when she succeeds her family's business. Kurumi, however, mercilessly murdered and savoured hundreds of thousands of people just to replenish her time and energy. Eru's eyes are big and purple: The symbolism of her curiosity that lures her friends into helping her unravel the truth behind the untold. Kurumi's eyes, one red and one which resembles a clock, makes anyone who saw her instantly fear of being drawn into the shadows. Both of them are determined to fulfill their wish. Which of them will succeed?
Dekomori Sanae (Chūnibyō Demo Koi ga Shitai!) vs. Yoshino (Date…Show
Friends. Ones that support each other during hard times. Dekomori Sanae has many. No matter it is her classmates who treat her as a treasure due to her excellent academic achievements, or her master who recognized the power of her portable hammer, she helps them out with all her strength. In contrary, Yoshino has almost no friends at all. She wants to make some and have a conversation with them, but the ones who greet her upon her entry to this world aren't that friendly and just want to exterminate her. Nevertheless, they both have one true friend which they heavily rely on. Sanae just can't miss blibering with the one who claimed to be her idol, and no matter how they hate each other on paper, deep down in their hearts lies a strong bond connecting the two. Yoshino has her puppet, her hero that is the alter ego of herself. When she needs support from others, or when she has to face the fear of talking to others, it encourages her to relax and gives her the confidence. Which friendship is the strongest?
Yatogami Tōka (Date A Live) vs. Itsuka Kotori (Date A Live)Show
Common sense. A crucial thing that enables one to live in this world. Yatogami Tōka does not have it. Being constantly attacked by weaker "mech-people" whenever she appeared in this world, she never had the chance to speak to a normal person, let alone enjoying life in a different dimension. All she now wants to do is to eat any gourmet she could find here, and have a relaxing school time with the one who sealed her powers. But since she lacks common sense, she was always tricked by her arch-enemy. Itsuka Kotori knows too much of common sense. Being at helm of a warship, she is way more mature than any girl of her age. With a calm demeanor and an intelligent brain, she has planned numerous dates that are ultimately successful. However, she sometimes really wishes to take off her black ribbon and wear her white one all the time, and spend time playing with her beloved brother as his cute little sister, just like the girls at her age. So here's the ultimate question: Which is better? Not having common sense or having too much of it?
If there are too many featured match previews, I at least hope to see the Dekomori vs. Yoshino one get in.
Last edited by smartboyhw on Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage

houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Wed May 21, 2014 11:11 pm

Since this one is my first time doing this, I woudn't mind if someone could tell me the mistakes I had, and maybe I can improve with the time, So you can deside if you want to use it or not.
Takanashi Rikka vs Aoyama NanamiShow
Love, It's the inspiration of this two girls, the bonds they have with their beloved person, motivates them to not give up, Rikka has to deal with her Chuunibyou and the love she has to Yuuta but even when their friends may think she never be a mature person, she fights and proves that they're wrong, Aoyama on the other hand works as hard as she can, motivated by Sorata who supports her in the hardest times in which she could give up and return to her home but, she decided to stay and to keep fighting for her dreams.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Thu May 22, 2014 1:25 am

EDIT

Reserving Mori Summer vs Asuna
Nibutani Shinka vs Yūki AsunaShow
“LIVING IN IMAGINARY WORLD, LIVE YOUR REAL WORLD !”
The shout of two girls who put their own existence in two kind of worlds- the real world where they lived and the other world where they became another person, different and stronger than reality.
Nibutani Shinka - popular, idolized by many boys and even girls, and a really true role model for other students, is a normal high schooler with amazing imagination. Creating her own fantasy, Shinka claims herself as a powerful, sweet and charming creature. Can do anything and know everything, she is free in her own world.
And here, Yūki Asuna - a cheerful and strong-willed girl with a normal daily life, enjoying her routine as a student of a certain school. But in the world of magic and sword, she’s becoming the most gorgeous character who ever exist. Attempting to be the best and the most reliable person in her group, brings her to a wonderful journey in that land.
They journey have just begun, and they’re calling you to feel the true experience of word “imagination” and “fantasy”. Prepare yourself and accept their call.
Reserving Yami vs Sora
Konjiki no Yami vs Kasugano SoraShow
What is being a normal person ?
They, these two girls, cleary recognize the unusuality of their own body and even dare to address themselves as cursed person. They already knew that they can’t be a normal person, a normal human being.
Konjiki no Yami, the Golden Darkness, her unusual ability of her body brings her to come to earth. Being called as a weapon, makes her risk her own life to find her true self on earth. Seeking her identity not as a assassin, not as a guinea of some experiments but as true human being.
No different from Yami, Kasugano Sora, borns with fragile body yet emits cuteness and prettiness just like a normal girl, despite of the weak appearance due to her illness . Sora is still keeping a hope in her heart that someday she will able to walk, to run, to jump, to do anything freely with her friends, and especially with her family.
And now, in this earth, they’re trying to find their “normal” self but they need your help to do that.
Do you mind to accompany their journey ?
sorry for the bad english
and thx for your guidance
Last edited by BugH on Thu May 22, 2014 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Thu May 22, 2014 3:05 am

BugH wrote:Reserving Yui vs Masami
Hirasawa Yui vs Iwasawa MasamiShow
Reserving Yami vs Sora
De
if you would mind
could you allow me to write Iwasawa vs Yui's write up
Its one of my favourite ones to write pretty please
I understand if you would decline though
2015 SilversShow
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Thu May 22, 2014 3:33 am

Fuijiwara wrote:
BugH wrote:Reserving Yui vs Masami
Hirasawa Yui vs Iwasawa MasamiShow
Reserving Yami vs Sora
De
if you would mind
could you allow me to write Iwasawa vs Yui's write up
Its one of my favourite ones to write pretty please
I understand if you would decline though
oh ok
no problem with me
^_^

i remove yui-masami from my list
i replace them with morisummer-asuna
:3
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage

Post by Fuijiwara » Thu May 22, 2014 8:20 am

Thank you Buggy
Iwasawa Masami vs Hirasawa YuiShow
Music is in their blood.Music composes what they are. But, most importantly of them all, their life whether they serve as a connection or a escape. Yui certainly did not expect to play such a complex instrument like the guitar when she first considered joining K-ON.But not only did Gitar give her valuable friends or
cake and sweets, it gave her something she could be naturally good at. Something she could say was her talent that could give her all she has now and to give it her all, no matter how challenging the situation was .Masami had nothing. She was ready to give up when she discovered a guitar. This guitar not only gave her refuge, it gave her a new chance at life, a chance to be truly human, it also gave her something she desired in a new world-Freedom, even after dying. Music is a tool by many but for some, it proved to be a valuable lesson that teaches them to be free-to be human.
2015 SilversShow
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 am

Since we have a few more new writers on board today, I would just like to give a friendly reminder to proofread your match previews, and to keep in mind the guidelines set forth in the first post of this thread.

Please remember to attempt to keep your match previews restricted to only the material that has appeared in the anime, and to beware of spoilers from the source material or if the series is currently airing. In addition, please only present the characters as they have been presented in the anime.

For any questions or concerns regarding match previews, please contact Marinara, or one of the other regular match preview writers.
QuotesShow
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Marinara » Fri May 23, 2014 7:35 am

Kordosa - Thank you for reminding everyone about proofreading before submission and about avoiding any material not shown in the anime. I have staff looking in on the suggestions you sent me since I haven't seen some of the shows the girls in question are in.

As of now the following previews have been taken down for review:
Eru v. Kurumi
Shinka v. Asuna
Follow me on Twitter!