[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Re: Amethyst 2014 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Fuijiwara » Sat May 24, 2014 3:09 pm

houreki wrote:In the first Write-up that I made, I saw a lot of mistakes , so I was a little bit embarrased but, I love the sensation that I had when I read it that I tried again doing another one today.
Chocolat vs Takanashi TōkaShow
This two girls have different abilities that compliment each other perfectly, Tōka has the ability to make the most delicious dishes and she wants to share them with the people she loves . While Chocolat as her name says, she loves to eat all kind of sweets and desserts but, they also have something in common, they try to protect the people who is important for them, Tōka has the responsability to protect Rikka but is not just because is her sister, its because she loves her and want the best for her. Chocolat was sent by god to break Kanade's absolute choice. However, she's lost her memories but still, she tries her best to support Kanade in whatever he needs.

This seems way too short and does not really say much. Yes, the main theme is to protect but it is like you're giving one liners for the info and the main portion
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Sat May 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Fuijiwara wrote:
houreki wrote:In the first Write-up that I made, I saw a lot of mistakes , so I was a little bit embarrased but, I love the sensation that I had when I read it that I tried again doing another one today.
Chocolat vs Takanashi TōkaShow
This two girls have different abilities that compliment each other perfectly, Tōka has the ability to make the most delicious dishes and she wants to share them with the people she loves . While Chocolat as her name says, she loves to eat all kind of sweets and desserts but, they also have something in common, they try to protect the people who is important for them, Tōka has the responsability to protect Rikka but is not just because is her sister, its because she loves her and want the best for her. Chocolat was sent by god to break Kanade's absolute choice. However, she's lost her memories but still, she tries her best to support Kanade in whatever he needs.

This seems way too short and does not really say much. Yes, the main theme is to protect but it is like you're giving one liners for the info and the main portion
Thank you for the advice.
So, would you mind helping me with this :onion67:
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 am

I actually found some time to do a content pass for today's previews before the matches get underway.
Comments for Fuijiwara - Victorique vs. ShinobuShow
Fuijiwara wrote:The Silver Wolf- a fearsome yet intelligent creature.
Fuijiwara wrote:The Silver Wolf might be intelligent but is she truly fearsome,
I think the legend's name is actually "Gray Wolf" in the series.
Comments for tehyc - Eucliwood vs. MikotoShow
tehyc wrote:A heavy-weighted match between the two strongest girls in the league, the Necromancer Eucliwood Hellscythe, and the Electromaster Misaka Mikoto.
Who the "strongest" are is debatable, and the wording might start a flame war. I would suggest changing that to "two of the strongest Stella girls" instead.
tehyc wrote:In this match, she will face one of her favourite opponent since ISML 2012, Misaka Mikoto, who she had won all head-to-head matches.
I'm not exactly sure if "favorite opponent" is the right way to put it. I'm a little confused as to your meaning there.
Comments for BugH - Shana vs. YamiShow
BugH wrote:This cute-midget-looking girl befriends with many earthlings and becomes one with them.
I would probably not used "midget" since that term can seem demeaning. I would use "petite" instead.
Comments for houreki - Chocolat vs. ToukaShow
I agree with Fuijiwara that the preview is a little on the short side, but I think the content is okay. I would suggest a closing sentence that again brings up the comparisons between the two characters and/or asks the voters who they will choose.
Jiharo wrote:EDIT: Damn, chrome crashed on me while typing my beautiful write up >.>
This has happened to me before, and I recommend using Notepad while formulating long forum posts with specific details in them. It can save you a lot of trouble.

Match previews I did not look at due to not being posted yet as of this post:
  • Fuijiwara's Kanade vs. Mashiro preview
  • Jiharo's Eru vs. Yaya preview
  • Jiharo's Makina vs. Mare preview
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 am

Kordosa wrote:I actually found some time to do a content pass for today's previews before the matches get underway.
Comments for Fuijiwara - Victorique vs. ShinobuShow
Fuijiwara wrote:The Silver Wolf- a fearsome yet intelligent creature.
Fuijiwara wrote:The Silver Wolf might be intelligent but is she truly fearsome,
I think the legend's name is actually "Gray Wolf" in the series.
tehyc wrote:A heavy-weighted match between the two strongest girls in the league, the Necromancer Eucliwood Hellscythe, and the Electromaster Misaka Mikoto.
Who the "strongest" are is debatable, and the wording might start a flame war somewhere. I would suggest changing that to "two of the strongest Stella girls" instead.
tehyc wrote:In this match, she will face one of her favourite opponent since ISML 2012, Misaka Mikoto, who she had won all head-to-head matches.
I'm not exactly sure if "favorite opponent" is the right way to put it. I'm a little confused as to your meaning there.
BugH wrote:This cute-midget-looking girl befriends with many earthlings and becomes one with them.
I would probably not used "midget" since that term can seem demeaning. I would use "petite" instead.
I agree with Fuijiwara that the preview is a little on the short side, but I think the content is okay. I would suggest a closing sentence that again brings up the comparisons between the two characters and/or asks the voters who they will choose.
Jiharo wrote:EDIT: Damn, chrome crashed on me while typing my beautiful write up >.>
This has happened to me before, and I recommend using Notepad while formulating long forum posts with specific details in them. It can save you a lot of trouble.

• Fuijiwara's Kanade vs. Mashiro preview
So my preview passed? Great.

I agree with Kordosa here. I have been writing the match previews on my smartphone, so I used the "Memo" app to write the previews and copy them to the Chrome browser tab. Since Chrome always crashes twice per day on my low-tier Samsung phone due to limited RAM, I never write it on Chrome.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 am

Comments for Fuijiwara - Kanade vs. MashiroShow
Fuijiwara wrote:the other the vice president of the Seitokai, whom is widely respected in the whole school.
Kanade was actually the president.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Sun May 25, 2014 10:40 am

Kordosa wrote:I actually found some time to do a content pass for today's previews before the matches get underway.
Who the "strongest" are is debatable, and the wording might start a flame war. I would suggest changing that to "two of the strongest Stella girls" instead.
Thanks for the advice there, and I already changed those parts.
ImageImage
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Sun May 25, 2014 11:38 am

Kordosa wrote:
Fuijiwara wrote:the other the vice president of the Seitokai, whom is widely respected in the whole school.
Not posting anymore. No time.
Fuijiwara
[Ebb and Flow]
[Ebb and Flow]
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Worships: Fuijiwara no Mokou
Melon Pan: 2
Wish: Happiness~~

Post by Fuijiwara » Sun May 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Jiharo wrote:
Kordosa wrote:
Not posting anymore. No time.

Thanks for the note. I sometimes fumble some of the titles these girls have

You're great help Kora
2015 SilversShow
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Sun May 25, 2014 8:27 pm

tehyc wrote:
Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) vs Misaka Mikoto…Show
A heavy-weighted match between the two strongest girls in Stella Division, the Necromancer Eucliwood Hellscythe, and the Electromaster Misaka Mikoto.
In this period, both of them get themselves a perfect score, and in overall, Eucliwood Hellscythe is looking good with only one lose while Misaka Mikoto is still maintaining her amazing unbeaten run.
Although Eucliwood Hellscythe had one lose, but she still maintaining her overall performance well. This match is very important to her as she is targeting her third necklace in her ISML career.
In this match, she will face Misaka Mikoto, who she had won all head-to-head matches since ISML 2012.
Misaka Mikoto had won the very first award in the year Regular Season no long ago, the Aquamarine Necklace. She will definitely aiming to get two necklace in a row to show her overwhelming strength.
As both with six win each, another win will lead them to the final match, Amethyst necklace match. However, only one of them can win this match. Will the necromancer uses her power to defeat Misaka Mikoto, or will the electromaster shocks Eucliwood Hellscythe?
I only noticed this just now orz
One character can only win one necklace each year, so Mikoto definitely won't be getting two necklaces in a row. ._.
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem

Post by Kordosa » Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Just wrote:
tehyc wrote:
Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) vs Misaka Mikoto…Show
A heavy-weighted match between the two strongest girls in Stella Division, the Necromancer Eucliwood Hellscythe, and the Electromaster Misaka Mikoto.
In this period, both of them get themselves a perfect score, and in overall, Eucliwood Hellscythe is looking good with only one lose while Misaka Mikoto is still maintaining her amazing unbeaten run.
Although Eucliwood Hellscythe had one lose, but she still maintaining her overall performance well. This match is very important to her as she is targeting her third necklace in her ISML career.
In this match, she will face Misaka Mikoto, who she had won all head-to-head matches since ISML 2012.
Misaka Mikoto had won the very first award in the year Regular Season no long ago, the Aquamarine Necklace. She will definitely aiming to get two necklace in a row to show her overwhelming strength.
As both with six win each, another win will lead them to the final match, Amethyst necklace match. However, only one of them can win this match. Will the necromancer uses her power to defeat Misaka Mikoto, or will the electromaster shocks Eucliwood Hellscythe?
I only noticed this just now orz
One character can only win one necklace each year, so Mikoto definitely won't be getting two necklaces in a row. ._.
Thank you for catching that. I've forwarded this issue to Marinara along with a few other things I noticed as well. Hopefully, she'll see it and put things right. :)
QuotesShow
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Post by Marinara » Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Fixed! I should've caught the necklace error; Marinara is sometimes stuck in the past ><
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Sun May 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Kordosa wrote:
Thanks for the advice, too bad that I saw this too late.
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
tehyc
[Death by Embracing]
[Death by Embracing]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 36
2018 Female Favorite: Kuroyukihime

Post by tehyc » Sun May 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Sorry for the necklace issue! >< I should be more careful next time. ><
ImageImage
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Mon May 26, 2014 2:26 am

Kordosa wrote:
thx for your correction

^_^
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Just
[Kiwi's Melon]
[Kiwi's Melon]
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Wish: May children never suffer.

Post by Just » Mon May 26, 2014 3:57 am

Thanks for all the hard work guys ^^ Perhaps I shall also help out more and share the burden too 0.0 Seems like a lot of work here done by only a few people... I'm no good at writing anything, but I can screen passages for errors and grammar.
SpoilerShow
Image Image Image Image Image Image
RegalStar
[Countryside Loli]
[Countryside Loli]
Badges:
ImageImage
Wish: Miracles

Post by RegalStar » Mon May 26, 2014 11:12 am

Just wrote:Thanks for all the hard work guys ^^ Perhaps I shall also help out more and share the burden too 0.0 Seems like a lot of work here done by only a few people... I'm no good at writing anything, but I can screen passages for errors and grammar.
You can try translating writeups that you like into Chinese, too.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Mon May 26, 2014 11:27 am

RegalStar wrote:
Just wrote:Thanks for all the hard work guys ^^ Perhaps I shall also help out more and share the burden too 0.0 Seems like a lot of work here done by only a few people... I'm no good at writing anything, but I can screen passages for errors and grammar.
beside english and chinese , can we translate the featured match into other option of language ?
Jiharo
Void mage
Void mage

Post by Jiharo » Mon May 26, 2014 2:13 pm

BugH wrote:
RegalStar wrote:
beside english and chinese , can we translate the featured match into other option of language ?
I'd like to write one in Japanese but I doubt many can read it >.>
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by BugH » Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Jiharo wrote:
BugH wrote:
RegalStar wrote:
In Bahasa, allowed ?
:3
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm

BugH wrote:
Jiharo wrote:
BugH wrote:
RegalStar wrote:
In Bahasa, allowed ?
:3
Even if that means only 10 people can read it, we will accept translation or write ups any language. Just make sure you get the translations posted in the standard time. If you want you can write your own write up in other language. In the past, there were some match preview I wrote in Korean that had no relation to the English PV because what I wrote was something that was hard to translate into English. Only disadvantage in writing not in English is that you can't get the excellent editing service provided by Marinara-chan.