RESULTS: 2014 Amethyst 7

Seikou
Taiyaki
Taiyaki
Worships: Pururut
Melon Pan: 55

Re: RESULTS: 2014 Amethyst 7

Post by Seikou » Tue May 27, 2014 8:07 am

My wife still won and stand the 3rd on Nova Devison Overall Standing, so glad.
Tenri lost by Miuna WTF??????
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Tue May 27, 2014 8:14 am

Tsukiko enters the necklace......!!

wow.....
:3
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
Melon Pan: 50
2019 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2019 Male Favorite: Eugeo
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Tue May 27, 2014 8:23 am

Desufire wrote:IF DALers are smart, they ALL pool onto Kurumi, get her Amethyst, Ger Ruby for Kotori and Emerald for Yoshino. Perfect coloring.
Paging the Rozen Maiden faction.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Tue May 27, 2014 8:26 am

Why so surprised about Miuna?

Lots of men married to an ISML contender around there~

interesting results.
Rikka and Asuna lose by more than what I thought, whereas KYH loses by less.
Everyone talk about inori and sure that was a bit surprising (and not satisfying at all for me :/ ), but I am the only surprised by Shinobu/Victorique results? I mean, Shinobu almost lost, I thought Shinobu won against far stronger opponents than Victorique...

With three characters from the same series, really strong opponent in the necklace round, and one of the DAL character having a far better SDO than other, the necklace round will be a good occasion to see how smart DAL fans' votes are. It would be really bad news for them if the result is a complete split voting. Better abandon all hope of getting a single necklace despite dominating Nova. And since all the other nova characters besides DAL will mostly do 6-1 due to their presence, that would also be extremely bad news for the whole Nova crew.
So Misaka won against eucliwood, as I thought. Seems to me that Eucliwood only wins against Misaka when there is a point to "remove" Misaka. IE, either in post season, or when Misaka is a necklace pretender. Which means that Eucliwood only has the strength to beat Misaka if she's having the support of voters who want to stop Misaka in her tracks. Right now, Misaka winning against Eucliwood means weaker opposition for other contenders in the necklace round, so no support from other fans.

And... Almost forgot, but congratulation to Kanade for winning this necklace without any opposition, I guess. Only chance to have any other result is if all those fans of Misaka who don't have their favorite in the necklace round anymore choose to support massively Kurumi, I guess. Which I don't see happening though.
LOveLive!
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
[HUMAN SEQUENCER]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss
Melon Pan: 306
Wish: To do IIDX well

Post by LOveLive! » Tue May 27, 2014 9:02 am

Kurumi has an enough destructive power on free-for-all. Don't underestimate her. :P
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 am

Had to take care of a real-life loose end, so I got to see the results only now.

Something good:
- Kurumi winning over Kuroyukihime. (Hail Kurumi!)
- Eru winning over Yaya.
- Azu-nyan winning over Yui-nyan.

Something bad:
- Hina, Mio and Sena losing their matches.
- Yui winning over Karuta.
- Kobato losing to Taiga.
- Misaki winning over Furano.
- It's for the next match, but...Renge apparently back from the dead. (Let Frenda's bombs blow her up? Impale her with Kyoko's spear? Or maybe let Kurugaya cuddle her to death out of sheer squee? Choices, choices...)

A bit of both:
- Yoshino winning at the cost of Rikka. (Good as it proves her strength. Bad since this'll mean "vote split" for DAL fans.)
- Sanae winning at the cost of Kud.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Zefyris
Gnome
Gnome
Worships: Midarezaki Kyouka
Wish: ISML 2015 Nova Division to have at least one character I favor.

Post by Zefyris » Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 am

LOveLive! wrote:Kurumi has an enough destructive power on free-for-all. Don't underestimate her. :P
It's not that I underestimate her, it's that I don't underestimate Kanade's "destructive power on free-for-all". Especially when her main opponent has two dead weight with Kotori and Yoshino to slow her down, and that Kanade has the second highest SDO.

BTW, forgot to add this on my previous post. This time KYH missed the necklace round so this is the end of her streak. So she ends it with a "6 necklaces matches in a row an no necklaces won", just like Azusa. This also means that there is no longer any participant from 2013 who participated in every single necklace match since her arrival, as she was the last of them. Wonder if Yoshino or Kotori will take over on that point...
Midnight-Jasper
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Badges:
Wish: viva all, baby~

Post by Midnight-Jasper » Tue May 27, 2014 10:25 am

Oh~ If Mashiron could have won~
The maps for this round are pretty entertaining. Apparently DAL dominates the world but for Russia... but they are not fond of Hime either :P
Yakuman
Berserker
Berserker
Worships: Kurumi-sama *.*
Wish: more

Post by Yakuman » Tue May 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Now I really hope that DAL voters will support Kurumi-sama and challenge Tenshi for the necklace. But I guess it won't happen, so let's go back to daydreamin'
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Tue May 27, 2014 3:29 pm

There was something I messed up for about three minutes, but none of you noticed, so that is good! I don't need more reasons for the seitokai to punish me this Period.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
smartboyhw
[Future Overlord]
[Future Overlord]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Isshiki Iroha
Melon Pan: 0
2018 Female Favorite: Isshiki Iroha
2018 Male Favorite: Killua Zoldyck
Wish: Shichimiya Satone, Aoyama Nanami and Nakano Azusa to win an ISML prize, Inaba Himeko to win BGC and live in Sakura-sō

Post by smartboyhw » Tue May 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Crisu wrote:There was something I messed up for about three minutes, but none of you noticed, so that is good! I don't need more reasons for the seitokai to punish me this Period.
Wait a minute, since you admitted of your wrongdoing, the ISML Seitokai should still punish you...

Kidding (though what did you get wrong? I'm VERY curious.)

EDIT: Oh, so it's this.
ImageImage

Let me teach you something: We humans... Even for 10 minutes... We cannot even wait that long! - Nakamura Yuri, Angel Beats!
Meiko Honma
Persocom
Persocom
Worships: Nonoka Komiya/Kitty
Wish: I wish that people of this forum liked kitty more

Post by Meiko Honma » Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Yus, it was unexpected, but yus.
Menma will be ISML champion this year. Even if people hate me for it, it will be well worth it.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Desufire wrote:
Momento10 wrote:Kurimi has the highest Sdo coming in on the necklace match, but can she overcome that delicious three way Dal split vote?
IF DALers are smart, they ALL pool onto Kurumi, get her Amethyst, Ger Ruby for Kotori and Emerald for Yoshino. Perfect coloring. Kanade can have Topaz again, her eyes look nice.
Indeed, that capitalized "if" is the main question. Are they coordinated enough to pool all of their votes to Kurumii and hope that it is enough to bypass Kanade for the victory? We will soon find out...
Progeusz
Befriender
Befriender
Worships: Watashi
Wish: [email protected] 2011 characters

Post by Progeusz » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Ohh, 7.5k voters, numbers finally look good.

Yay for Miuna win.

On the other hand, considering all the strange results, I can't help but worry about legality of those votes. There are just so many matches which were things didn't go as expected...
Nyarlko barely winning vs Ririchyo (too bad Ririchyo wasn't able to win)
Suguha beating Shiori by >300
Yoshino crushing Rikka - they should be very close
Kotori crushing Asuna - difference shouldn't be so big (however I can't say I don't like it)
Shouko getting close to Kirino
Inori upsetting Mio (damn!)
Shinobu almost losing to Victorique (ahh, it was so close! Still, nice one, Vicky)
Haruhi not far from doubling Nadeko - 64.7%, 1951 VD is too much
Ruri really crushed Ayase but it was intra-series match so it doesn't say anything
Both Taiga and Shana won by 1.5k - kinda strange but Rie fans aren't the most consistent ones so whatever.

Damn, I thought Kanade would win by more vs Mashiro. I really wanted Tenshi to crush Nova's top graduate, 419 VD is far from enough for my tastes. 600-700 seemed more likely to me (secretly hoped, even though it was unrealistic, VD would somehow enter four-digits realm), especially after strong performances lately. I guess that's it for Mashiro losing her steam, things aren't as easy. This is bad result for me because I'll have to see Mashiro beat all my non-Kanade favs not only this year but probably next, the one after that and perhaps more. Considering Eu's loss to Mikoto, Mashiro might even be #4 of Stella.
Thankfully it seems Kanade's new necklace isn't in danger of being taken away by someone else.

I'm looking forward to DAL faction's performance in necklace match. Will they bet on Kurumi and try their luck at bringing down the angel or split the votes across their top3? Will they finally show the power we're experiencing in Nova or will they crush miserably like last time? What if they're just feigning weakness, ready to strike after untouchable opponents leave the field?

Interesting round, I wonder if we'll get as much votes in Ruby, or maybe things will revert to sad 5.5k?
niwa87
Rinshan kaihou
Rinshan kaihou
Badges:
Worships: Haachama~
Melon Pan: 97
2020 Female Favorite: Nakano Nino
2020 Male Favorite: Uesugi Fūtarō
2019 Female Favorite: Sawamura Spencer Eriri
2019 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma
2018 Female Favorite: Teruhashi Kokomi
2018 Male Favorite: Saiki Kusuo
Wish: My wishes come true...

Post by niwa87 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 am

Desufire wrote:IF DALers are smart, they ALL pool onto Kurumi, get her Amethyst, Ger Ruby for Kotori and Emerald for Yoshino. Perfect coloring. Kanade can have Topaz again, her eyes look nice.
IMO Kanade is much more suitable with Amethyst and Kurumi with Topaz though plus it is easier since Kanade is already out of the game...
Please excuse my lousy English...
My brain goes Haachamachama~