RESULTS: 2017 Amethyst necklace

Keima
Planeswalker
Planeswalker
Worships: Black Rock Shooter (BRS)
Melon Pan: 50
2017 Female Favorite: Isla
2017 Male Favorite: Katsuragi Keima
Wish: Still want even more professional quality Vocaloid events in the U.S.

Re: RESULTS: 2017 Amethyst necklace

Post by Keima » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:24 am

Kordosa wrote:Mizuno (main character) loses to Kosaka (minor character)... really? Did no one watch Tsuki ga kirei? Or did people vote for Kosaka simply because she appears in a more popular series?

Also, Sento!!!

Anyway, grats to the necklace and pendant winners. Good to see some new faces.

Well in truth, this is a SAIMOE competition, so naturally the most moe looking girl should win. And while Mizuno is a bit moe, Kosaka is a bit more so (at least to me anyways). So that's why she won.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:53 am

Homura wrote:I felt reluctant when choosing Kousaka over Mizuno, for the exact reason you said. I didn't watch Tsuki ga Kirei, but Mizuno should be a nice girl from what I've seen, and that made the choice hard to me. However, Kousaka, tho a minor character in Saekano S2, is a highly ambitious female character that's rare to see, and acts in a manner that she seems not to care about moral factors and how people might see her at all, which is rare as well. Additionally, her sudden appearance, tho a short time, heavily boosted the story development. All in all, I voted for her.
I'd highly suggest for you to at least check it out then. Yes, the art style is not typical of other series, but I'd argue that the real draw of the series are the characters and how they are portrayed and interact with each other. While the overall story may be too much of an idealistic slice of life love story for some, the characters in the series all feel genuine. That's what appealed to me at least.
Keima wrote:Well in truth, this is a SAIMOE competition, so naturally the most moe looking girl should win. And while Mizuno is a bit moe, Kosaka is a bit more so (at least to me anyways). So that's why she won.
I'd very much like to know why you think Kosaka is moe then. As Homura pointed out above, she's ambitious (aggressively so, I'd say) with no scruples when it comes to getting what she wants (meaning she'll trample over others just to get to the top).
Saekano Flat, episode 9Show
She broke poor Eriri; whether or not that was actually beneficial to Eriri is beside the point.
Sure, we got a one-liner backstory to explain why she became like that, but I personally didn't feel that was enough for me to see her in any kind of sympathetic light. Definitely nowhere near woobie territory. If she had gotten more screentime and was fleshed out a bit more, I'd maybe have a different opinion, but as it stands, she's far from moe from my perspective.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
renfire
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Melon Pan: 105
2017 Female Favorite: Sonō Momoka
2017 Male Favorite: Kazehaya Kamito

Post by renfire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:10 am

Emiliaaaaa~

I am surprised by the result, didn't think she will win. Maybe the amethyst effect is in play.
Homura wrote:
~Baumkuchen-kun~ wrote:Am I surprised seeing it being delayed? No, but I'll be in the corner hoping Mashiro doesn't get the sloppy second a third time in a row. Good luck to all, both prizes and wildcards
My intuition says 90% Emilia got it >.> Since Mashiro's won Topaz 3 times in a row, then she might be additionally remembered by getting the 2nd in NM 3 times in a row. That seems to fit the way tricky fate usually works.

Good luck~
What a prophecy.
IGNITE
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Air
Melon Pan: 268

Post by IGNITE » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 am

And Nagisa was 2 votes away from losing a 1 vs 1 match back in round-robin.

Forum Guess: 4/4 (100%)
SpoilerShow
Necklace Round
houreki 4
Rupy 4
RichardJoash 1
kurogaga 1

Amethyst
houreki 274
Veon 86
Rupy 60
Chibasa 51
WankoMC 31
XxPurple-CrystalxX 28
RichardJoash 1
kurogaga 1
"The dragon remembers."
Toady
[School Idol Producer]
[School Idol Producer]
Badges:
Worships: Tsuruya-san
2017 Female Favorite: Nakano Azusa
2017 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: A wedding for Nico & Maki

Post by Toady » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 am

HasbeenaHibiki wrote:Surprising that Conan is strong in multi-way matches.
I think it's because so many people watched Conan at some point in their life. And he's not really a character you can hate, so if you have many votes, why not voting for the cool kid? =)

I like these results! Emilia is finally winning, that's a great year for Re:Zero. Very poor performance for Megumin again. I wonder why she performs so poorly in Necklace Matches.
On the male side, how could Archer perform so poorly compared to Topaz? I'm not too surprised Nagisa won, as I expected him to be 2nd or 3rd... but behind Archer and possibly Saitama.

For Wildcard Matches, Yuki, Tsukiko and Yui are safe! Only bad news is Hayate leaving the game.

And finally, rip my Akane. Of course, not enough people watched Tsuki ga Kirei. But you should, Akane is awesomely cute.
Sagiri's performance is incredible. Poor Ao girl I don't know at all.
My Secret Santa is awesome :3
Much stuff (but Chibaka has more)Show
#Drunkard4Ever #ThanksKiwi

Hikarin <3
Thank you Secret Santa 2016 :3
WankoMC
[3,14% Pasta]
[3,14% Pasta]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: 46MA
Melon Pan: 376
2018 Female Favorite: Nagato Yuki
2018 Male Favorite: Reg
2017 Female Favorite: Watanabe Yō
2017 Male Favorite: Hinata Shōyō
Wish: Stop bullying me. Yes I'm looking at you Kholdy.

Post by WankoMC » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:53 pm

Toady wrote:
HasbeenaHibiki wrote:Surprising that Conan is strong in multi-way matches.
I think it's because so many people watched Conan at some point in their life. And he's not really a character you can hate, so if you have many votes, why not voting for the cool kid? =)
Or because they're all celebrating Meitantei Conan's 1000th chapter o/
Hide your ass Shirokuma. It's slavery season
Keima
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Post by Keima » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:34 am

Kordosa wrote:I'd very much like to know why you think Kosaka is moe then. As Homura pointed out above, she's ambitious (aggressively so, I'd say) with no scruples when it comes to getting what she wants (meaning she'll trample over others just to get to the top).
Saekano Flat, episode 9Show
She broke poor Eriri; whether or not that was actually beneficial to Eriri is beside the point.
Sure, we got a one-liner backstory to explain why she became like that, but I personally didn't feel that was enough for me to see her in any kind of sympathetic light. Definitely nowhere near woobie territory. If she had gotten more screentime and was fleshed out a bit more, I'd maybe have a different opinion, but as it stands, she's far from moe from my perspective.
To be honest, I would agree with you. Kosaka is really not all that moe. But in truth she doesn't have to be extremely moe to win. As with all contestants in ISML she just has to be more moe than her opponent. Which in this case isn't saying much.

I loved "Tsuki ga Kirei". As an anime...nay as a work of art it's way better than "Saekano". And I liked Akane as a character in general. She looked cute, or even downright hot in her track suit, and she seemed nice and generally had a lot going for her as far as being a level headed person with her act together. But despite all that for me at least (I can't speak for everyone else) it was very hard to see her as anything more than Koraro's girlfriend/fiance/wife or whatever the whole time I was watching the show. Every time I'd see her she was just...."there". It was just the MC's girl is how I saw her.

Kosaka at least was presented as someone you could want as your own "best girl" or whatever. Whether it was through fanservice shots or or whatever, the producers of "Saekano" did a better job of selling her, if that makes any sense.
Kordosa
Soul gem
Soul gem
Worships: Moriya Suwako's hat
2018 Female Favorite: Yamada Elf
2018 Male Favorite: Willem Kmetsch
2017 Female Favorite: Darkness
2017 Male Favorite: Roy Mustang
Wish: A third season of Spice and Wolf.

Post by Kordosa » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:31 am

Keima wrote:As with all contestants in ISML she just has to be more popular (or come from a more popular series) than her opponent.
Fixed that for you. Because seriously, let's be honest here when it comes to ISML itself.
Keima wrote:And I liked Akane as a character in general. She looked cute, or even downright hot in her track suit, and she seemed nice and generally had a lot going for her as far as being a level headed person with her act together. But despite all that for me at least (I can't speak for everyone else) it was very hard to see her as anything more than Koraro's girlfriend/fiance/wife or whatever the whole time I was watching the show. Every time I'd see her she was just...."there". It was just the MC's girl is how I saw her.

Kosaka at least was presented as someone you could want as your own "best girl" or whatever. Whether it was through fanservice shots or or whatever, the producers of "Saekano" did a better job of selling her, if that makes any sense.
Okay, I think I see what the issue is here. (Let me know if I'm wrong.)

These days, most (if not all) rom-com/harem anime are more or less self-insert stories, in that they allow the viewer to imagine themselves as the male protagonist. This has become standard fare, and Saekano is no different when it comes to this type of setup (Tomoya Aki: an otaku surrounded by beautiful females (who also happen to be otakus themselves or at least familiar with the otaku culture to varying degrees), and who then all fall for him). You saying you think the producers did a better job at selling Kosaka as a potential "best girl" for viewers supports this approach.

But Tsuki ga Kirei is not that type of series. Tsuki ga Kirei is intended more as a true slice of life narrative. The story is more from the perspective of watching events unfold on the sidelines as a bystander. Kotarou and Mizuno are their own separate characters, distinct from the viewer. Tsuki ga Kirei is their story, not the viewer's. The viewer is simply along for the ride to watch how their budding middle school romance evolves. So unlike Saekano, the viewer isn't meant to see Mizuno as anything other than Kotarou's girlfriend because the story isn't meant to present her in the same regard as a heroine in a self-insert story.

So in other words, it seems to me you were approaching Tsuki ga Kirei the same way you did Saekano, and thus were applying the same set of standards and expectations in the same way. Let me know if I'm wrong about that, though.
QuotesShow
Cirno wrote:*sinister laugh* Winning by only 47 votes is all part of my master plan. Now everyone will think I'm weak when, in fact, I'm the strongest. And then, when they least expect it, I'll strike back and take over the entire ISML. It's foolproof. Hahahaha, I'm such a genius!
Crisu wrote:And, of course, never merge an anti-cookie with a normal cookie. Serious consequence will occur.
shiraoky wrote:I'm always squeeing lol.
Metaler wrote:Seriously, if you're gonna do something badly, then don't bother doing it. It's like when you take a dump: you don't show it to other people specifically because it's shit!
Kordosa wrote:Protip: If a male high school student character is voiced by a female seiyuu, there is a 100% probability that that character will be forced to crossdress at some point.
Keima
Planeswalker
Planeswalker

Post by Keima » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:53 am

Kordosa wrote:

So in other words, it seems to me you were approaching Tsuki ga Kirei the same way you did Saekano, and thus were applying the same set of standards and expectations in the same way.
Pretty much. And that's how it should be.