RESULTS: 2010 Emerald 7

skeleton
Shrine maiden
Shrine maiden
Worships: All the characters I support can perform well.
Melon Pan: 50

Re: RESULTS: 2010 Emerald 7

Post by skeleton » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:09 am

Team Rocket Elite wrote:
Perhaps. And if it's true, she got killed by the Fate fanbase (both of them <_<). Hopefully she'll bounce back in Ruby.
Thanks a lot...Hopefully she'll bounce back in Ruby,too. if not, I just watch the result and leave...T^T
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 am

On the Mikoto vs Mio results, I'd say her performance is still on the consistent side against top-tier opponents. Mikoto's performance against Hinagiku is not too far off against Mio but there's a huge vote differential against Shana. I'd put my money on the Shana faction anti-voting against Mio in Emerald 7 rather than Mio starting to get hate-votes.

Or another conspiracy theory is that pro-Shana voters are using Mikoto to go against potential threats to Shana. That would mean Mikoto would have a potentially bigger loss against Hinagiku and Mio of around 350 to 450 vote margin maybe.
Image I expect the Hinagiku vs Mio fight to be an even closer one.
Last edited by Kiopi on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
akumaxx
Puella magi
Puella magi
Wish: An ISML without harmonics

Post by akumaxx » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:41 am

Can Mihoko eat up the abstain votes?
Or can I conclude that Sakis are always receiving hate votes?
Oo-yeah for the Hirasawa sisters!
== Low Activity ==
Current Soul: 269
Newest cards of Saimoe set: (Resized for signature use)
Previous cardsShow
CrimsonFallingStar
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by CrimsonFallingStar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 am

Excellent. I've always loved that shot of Shana! =3 Nice to see a loaf of melon bread appear in an ISML necklace shot. That makes 3 necklace shots for Shana with black hair, and 1 with fire hair. I'm looking forward to seeing if she can pull off the Ruby necklace, too... vs. Hinagiku will be really exciting!

If what TRE says is true and Mio is beginning to descend in strength, it might yet be a possibility to have a 3-way record tie at 48-1. I wonder if it's feasible to see Shana beat Hinagiku, then see Hinagiku beat Shana. I'd like to see this happen for a change - it would consequently make the Double Elimination finals more of a crapshoot. While my favourite lost the finals, I have to say it was awesome to see Hinagiku as the 11th seed shuffle out from inside the bracket and win it all.

I'm also looking forward to Diamond 7 when Mikoto gets the chance to avenge Taiga's loss today. And while it might not be as close as I hope, I'm still looking forward to Mio and Azusa's match in Ruby 4. Lots to look forward to yet this season...

Edit: ugh, spelling mistakes. sorry for that.
Last edited by CrimsonFallingStar on Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am

So Shana incinerates the forest too... zzzzzz

Something to take into consideration during the evaluation of these results is that the vote total is relatively low compared to the ones of the previous round 7s; the lack of a specific voterbase could've potentially affected the results quite dramatically. Either way though, the hate-voting is definitely catching up with Mio. At this rate, she might actually lose against Hina! \o/
SpoilerShow
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 am

I just don't see how Mihoko lost that much = = Poor girl, I will continue to support her
Midst
Zealot
Zealot
Worships: Kamio Misuzu
Wish: Pass all my **** classes XP.

Post by Midst » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:44 am

= = and Shana'd better not win another necklace this year. It is certainly not fun to see the same person getting necklace all the time.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 am

Midst wrote:= = and Shana'd better not win another necklace this year. It is certainly not fun to see the same person getting necklace all the time.
You're probably not going to be happy. Currently it looks like it'll take a miracle for Shana to not win the Diamond necklace. Shana is also just barely in the running for the Ruby necklace. If Shana gets lucky, she might win both of the remaining necklaces.

Edit: I'd say Mio is the current (slight) favorite to win the Ruby necklace and she's already won a necklace as well. Misaka is second most likely to win a necklace.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Wolfnagi
Necromancer
Necromancer
Worships: Sanzen'in Nagi
Wish: Want Nagi to win this year ISML....
And 1 Million bucks....

Post by Wolfnagi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

Ojou's lost,
A LOT!!!!!!!
"Dead inside"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kiopi
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Mari Illustrious Makinami

Post by Kiopi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am

If Hinagiku loses to Shana, I presume that pro-Shana voters will throw their support behind Hinagiku in an attempt to bring down Mio in Diamond 7. That way, no one enters the elimination round undefeated.

But more interestingly, if Hinagiku hands Shana her second defeat, who will support who when Mio faces Hinagiku? Will there be revenge voting for DE 2009 and 2010 Ruby 7?
Image Shana's schedule in Ruby doesn't seem to give her overall SDO advantage. I'd say it's a 3-way fight between Mio, Hinagiku (assuming she beats Shana) and Mikoto.
Supporting:
  • Bakemonogatari: Oshino Shinobu ♦ Sengoku Nadeko ♦ Senjōgahara Hitagi
  • K-On!: Akiyama Mio ♦ Nakano Azusa ♦ Hirasawa Yui
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: Kashiwazaki Sena
  • Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?: Eucliwood Hellscythe
  • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Nyarlathotep
  • Kyōkai no Kanata: Kuriyama Mirai
  • Hyōka: Chitanda Eru
  • Mondaiji: Kurousagi
CrimsonFallingStar
Crimson lord
Crimson lord

Post by CrimsonFallingStar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks kipoi, nice consolidation of the remaining necklace-runners. I'm trying to decide if Mikoto can gather enough SDO for a necklace if she can manage to take down Yuki in Diamond 7. I sure hope she's strong enough to make that happen. The last thing I want though, is to see Shana sweep the rest of the necklaces, only to accumulate so much hate from the voters for doing so that she gets ousted in the first round of the finals.

As for ruby, barring unforseen cataclysm (a surprise Azusa snipe), Mio and Mikoto will both surely go undefeated, and whoever wins the Shana/Hina match will add to those ranks. Yuki should also go undefeated in Ruby, but her schedule looks a bit lighter than the others. To be honest, I couldn't calculate SDO as accurately as you guys, so all I can say is that we'll see another 4-way 7-0 record, probably decided by a few SDO-shifting surprises by the middle of the pack.
kuachai
Harem lead
Harem lead

Post by kuachai » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:38 am

My estimation for Ruby is as follow (assuming 7-0 record)

Mio=Mikoto>Taiga>Yuki=Shana>Hinagiku=Saber>Azusa

To simplify things...Mio=Mikoto>Yuki=Shana>Hinagiku

Vote difference will be critical for Mikoto to win the necklace
ichocoX
Imouto
Imouto
Worships: Nagato Yuki
Wish: I wish for a good year for Yuki

Post by ichocoX » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 am

I'm glad that Yuki won...but i'm REALLY pissed and annoyed that Shanna won =/
i rly hope we can beat her and hina + Mio in Ruby >_<
seems like yuki might run into trouble soon :0 i just hope she goes undefeated
abc
Harem lead
Harem lead
Worships: Akiyama Mio!!
Wish: Akiyama Mio!!

Post by abc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:27 am

Kiopi wrote:On the Mikoto vs Mio results, I'd say her performance is still on the consistent side against top-tier opponents. Mikoto's performance against Hinagiku is not too far off against Mio but there's a huge vote differential against Shana. I'd put my money on the Shana faction anti-voting against Mio in Emerald 7 rather than Mio starting to get hate-votes.

Or another conspiracy theory is that pro-Shana voters are using Mikoto to go against potential threats to Shana. That would mean Mikoto would have a potentially bigger loss against Hinagiku and Mio of around 350 to 450 vote margin maybe.
Image I expect the Hinagiku vs Mio fight to be an even closer one.
yeah agreed HInagiku vs Mio is the best fight ever^^ :o
moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Wish: Kyubey

Post by moemio » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 am

I don't like Shana winning another necklace. I really hoped Mio could take this one.
moemio
Teleporter
Teleporter
Worships: Furukawa Nagisa
Wish: Kyubey

Post by moemio » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:03 am

Midst wrote:I just don't see how Mihoko lost that much = = Poor girl, I will continue to support her
It might be Anti-Saki votes but i don't know why people would vote against Saki characters. I really hope Mihoko and Nodoka can make a comeback
abc
Harem lead
Harem lead
Worships: Akiyama Mio!!
Wish: Akiyama Mio!!

Post by abc » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 am

moemio wrote:I don't like Shana winning another necklace. I really hoped Mio could take this one.
unfortunately, she didn't made it :o
i blamed isumi somehow for mio's low SDO :o
nissannut
Mahjong tile
Mahjong tile

Post by nissannut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:00 pm

Congrats to Shana for picking up her second consecutive necklace and fourth overall. She's looking very strong. The question is: Does this make her the overall favorite or is she still in the group of 4-5 that are the favorites?
Thanks to:
Sig - Marinara :: Slivers - ppizzapie and melange
nissannut
Mahjong tile
Mahjong tile

Post by nissannut » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Kiopi wrote:If Hinagiku loses to Shana, I presume that pro-Shana voters will throw their support behind Hinagiku in an attempt to bring down Mio in Diamond 7. That way, no one enters the elimination round undefeated.

But more interestingly, if Hinagiku hands Shana her second defeat, who will support who when Mio faces Hinagiku? Will there be revenge voting for DE 2009 and 2010 Ruby 7?
Image Shana's schedule in Ruby doesn't seem to give her overall SDO advantage. I'd say it's a 3-way fight between Mio, Hinagiku (assuming she beats Shana) and Mikoto.
These are great final matches in the Ruby and Diamond periods. I'm really looking forward to these final two periods. It would seem these are the Big 4.

I could be wrong, but it seems that Azunyan is gaining ground on these 4, but she's still not as strong. I wonder if she'll reach the top tier and make it a Big 5. My guess is no, but you never really know. I'll still continue to support her, though.

I haven't seen her matches for the next two periods, but looking at these schedules for Mio, Hina, Shana, and Biri Biri, I'd say we could have a dark horse in Azusa... unless there's anti-faction votes and strategic voting going on... which is inevitable. A combination of Azusa closing the gap some with each round and tougher scheduling of the Big 4 certainly makes things even more interesting. Well, just saying my two cents... whatever that's really worth.
Thanks to:
Sig - Marinara :: Slivers - ppizzapie and melange
RatedRKO619305
Assassin
Assassin
Worships: ANY ANIME GIRL!
Wish: My wish is to see cute anime girls all day long!

Post by RatedRKO619305 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:31 pm

OK...nice results for Emerald Round 7! Shana makes history as the 1ST SAIMOE COMPETITOR to win FOUR NECKLACE TOURNAMENTS! As in Aquamarine 2008, Sapphire 2009-2010, and Emerald 2010! (I am still happy for Shana)...then Priestess Yuki scored a big win against Taiga (not bad for an up-set and changed ranks)...Mio derails Misaka (WHAT A SHOWSTOPPER, I have no problem with either of them)...Azu-nyan's cuteness has no price (since Nagi had to learn the hard way)...Hina knocks off Saber as Azu-nyan's rank goes up to #8 (did she just save Azu-nyan?)...and many more! LOVE THEM ALL!
Infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water’s surface
The wandering soul knows no rest.
-Loveless, Act I