Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Akemi Homura
Melon Pan: 132
Wish: Yotsuba-chan♥

Re: Emerald 2011 Featured Match Write-ups

Post by Momo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:38 am

Haruna (Kore wa Zombie Desuka?) vs Yui (Angel Beats!)Show
Hardly a day passes without a delighted laugh or eager outburst from these two fang-tan. Not even the solemn hesitation as they realize their inextricable link is enough to wipe the cheerful grin off their faces for long. Back-to-back on either side of death, these two genki-girls bring happiness and excitement to those who think themselves beyond such trivialities; they bring life to the party -- and love for the dead. When all seems to crumble to the dust of impossibility, they can be counted on to bring hope, energy and reignite the fire of determination in their friends. Joy permeates their very beings, from the tips of their ever-moving tongues to the very core of their spirits. As they smile at each other across the battlefield that form the crossroads of their ISML journey, will the power of Mystletainn, in the hands of the genius masou-shoujo, Haruna carve away your misconstrued presumptions of their stereotype? Or will Yui's sweet, passionate, voice sing the lullaby your heart yearns to hear?
Iwasawa Asami (Angel Beats!) vs. Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats!)Show
As she watches her audience part like the sea for their Student Council President, she knows that unless she does something quick, the mission is a failure. With their best songs sung, and their climax interrupted, there looks to be no way out for GirlDeMo, no way to recapture that single moment of complete unity, no way to recapture that single-minded immersion in the music. No protest nor plea can distract the dutiful Seitokaichou from her given task: to re-instill order, calm and peace to the students of Afterlife High School. Those are the rules she is bound by, and her responsibility and integrity refuses her disobey, even if it means silencing the Crow's Song. But as Kanade reaches for the slender neck of the guitar, a gentle hand wraps itself lovingly across the fingerboard, cradling it as if it were her baby; nimble fingers dance across the strings, and the soft voice of the pink-haired lead singer weaves its way throughout the school. There's more than one way to triumph over the injustice of life and death, and none know better than Iwasawa Asami.

Revenge Time~
Kudos to my amazing Secret Santa ♥
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 am

JLoable91 wrote:I've read some of the previous write-ups, where I found some spoilers too, but isn't it normal you know the characters you vote on, so it aren't spoilers anymore?
Also thx for the edit, i changed it in my write-up, I also used your preference in the last sentence :bigsmile:
There are also people who read the Featured Matches who haven't seen the animes (ie. looking for some clue in as to whose personality they might liek better and thereby who to vote etc) so major spoilers should be avoided, though some minor ones are ok. There was a whole big massive discussion on it somewhere (last period's Write-Ups thread or the Spoiler CD maybe? idr ><) idk about Clannad, but I agree that
Seitokai no IchizonShow
Mafuyu's confession
shouldn't be included. It doesn't happen until near the end iirc, and is somewhat major given the type of show/type of mindset Ken has.
Eclairs wrote:Kasugano Sora ( Yasuga no Sora ) vs Eucliwood Hellsycthe ( Kore wa Zombie Desuka? ) : WC = 178 words
SpoilerShow
Most of the people nowadays devalue the meaning of the two words: love and happiness. But for both Kasugano Sora and Eucliwood Hellscythe, these two words mean the whole world to them. With a multitude of tragedies having befallen these two long-haired maidens, their inner core has been shattered to the point of them shunning society. They don't do this to spite the others, but because they are trying to protect their fragile hearts. Sinking deeper and deeper into the abyss of loneliness, they would have been consumed by the darkness engulfing them, but when it mattered the most, the rays of warmth and hope shone upon them from the most unlikely of sources. Cherished and protected by her twin brother, Sora finally managed to creep away from the pain and suffering that had accompanied her since birth. Eucliwood, on the other hand, managed to confront the darkness that engulfed her together with the help of her new found companions. As these two girls grasp their newfound peace and happiness, which one of them will have achieved greater happiness: Kasugano Sora or Eucliwood Hellscythe ?
Blue: Awks since you've already said it's to/for them.
Green: Suggestion. Or maybe use 'their' instead.
Orange: For flow
Purple: Suggestion to avoid repetition.
Eclairs wrote:Aragaki Ayase ( Ore no Imōto ) vs Misaka Mikoto ( To Aru Majutsu no Index) : WC = 162 words
SpoilerShow
Keeping a graceful social outlook is a must for most of the girls, and Aragaki Ayase and Misaka Mikoto are no different. Projecting an image of an honour student – good in academics and working as a part time model - taught Ayase the path she honestly feels she must follow. She wants her circle of friends to lead life as she envisions, honest, and upright, without dabbling in what she feels is questionable material, even if it be to the chagrin of her mates. On the other hand, attending the Tokiwadai Middle School has given an ‘ojōsama’ vibe to Mikoto. As the model student in the lands of the ojōsamas’, this maiden should be the perfect lady – that’s what the surrounding people would deduce. Instead, tucked inside this beautiful facade is an unladylike girl – hot-headed and headstrong. Very little can separate these two beauties from the outsider’s point of view, but underneath it all, will the honest projection from Aragaki Ayase sways the voters to her, or will the fabricated outlook of Misaka Mikoto to have a stronger pulling power?
Green: Yeah, so I added something here, but otherwise it seems to be a bit too negative, imo. (Ayase wanting to control other peoples' lives vs Mikoto not wanting other people to control hers)
Last edited by Momo on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revenge Time~
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Emerald Round 2 Edits

Post by Marinara » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 am

Round 2 submissions closed. If you have any further submissions/translations/edits, please PM them to me.
Iwasawa Asami (Angel Beats!) vs. Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats!)Show
As she watches her audience part like the sea for their Student Council President, she knows that unless she does something quick, the mission is a failure. With their best songs sung, and their climax interrupted, there looks to be no way out for GirlDeMo, no way to recapture that single moment of complete unity, no way to recapture that single-minded immersion in the music. No protest, nor plea, can distract the dutiful Seitokaichō from her given task: to re-instill order to the students of Afterlife High School. Those are the rules that she is bound by, and her responsibility and integrity refuses disobedience, even if it means silencing the Crow's Song. But as Tachibana Kanade reaches for the slender neck of the guitar, a gentle hand wraps itself lovingly across the fingerboard, cradling it as if it were her baby; nimble fingers dance across the strings, and the soft voice of the pink-haired lead singer weaves its way throughout the school. There's more than one way to triumph over the injustice of life and death, and none know better than Iwasawa Asami.
Sanzen'in Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Kōsaka Kirino (Ore no Imō…Show
When you can obtain or achieve anything you want in life, you know that you're lucky. Such is the case for Sanzen'in Nagi and Kōsaka Kirino. Rich beyond imagination, Nagi has no problems obtaining any materialistic possession that she desires. With tons of money to spare, the life of this rich otaku sure is easy. On the other hand, Kirino's ability to achieve great success in areas like academics, athletics, and beauty make her seem like the perfect person. On top of all that, she is amazingly able to juggle a part-time modeling job as well. But today, neither money, nor talents, will come into play. With both girls standing on level ground, it is up to the voters to decide the winner of this battle between tsundere. When the dust finally settles, which one of these girls will emerge triumphant?
Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Hirasawa Ui (K-ON!)Show
Having to look after an unreliable older sister is tough, something that both Katsura Hinagiku and Hirasawa Ui can attest to. Learning to deal with the problems that their older siblings bring has helped these two girls mature over time. Though there may be times of troubles and struggles, both Hina and Ui have managed to overcome them so far, and now stand before each other today. Even if the routes they have taken are different, both of them can definitely agree on one thing: without the continuing support of their sisters, they may not have been able to make it this far. As the two of them square off for battle, both are determined to show just how much family means to them. The question now is, whose fiery passion will burn brighter?
Aragaki Ayase (Ore no Imōto ) vs. Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Majutsu n…Show
Keeping a graceful social outlook is a must for most girls. Both Aragaki Ayase and Misaka Mikoto aren’t any different. Projecting an image of an honour student—good in academics and working as a part-time model—taught Ayase the path she honestly feels she must follow. She wants her circle of friends to lead the lives she envisions, sometimes much to their chagrin. On the other hand, attending Tokiwadai Middle School has given Mikoto an ‘ojōsama’ vibe. As the model student in the land of the ojōsamas’, this maiden should be the perfect lady—at least that’s what the surrounding people would deduce. Instead, tucked underneath this beautiful facade is an un-ladylike girl, hotheaded and headstrong. Very little can separate these two beauties in the outsider’s point of view, but underneath everything, will the honest projection from Aragaki Ayase sway her voters, or will the fabricated outlook of Misaka Mikoto have a stronger pulling power?
Charlotte Dunois (IS <Infinite Stratos>) vs. Index L. Prohibitor…Show
From afar, Charlotte Dunois and Index L. Prohibitorum look like ordinary girls. Sweet, cheerful, easygoing, as well as love-struck, the lives of these two maidens may look perfect to onlookers. But, only a handful of people know the truth about these two bubbly girls. After her mother’s death, Charlotte’s hope of living peacefully in the countryside of France was shattered. To compound her problem, she was then sent to Japan as a secret ploy by her father’s company, under the pretext of being the second, male IS pilot in the world. Index was forced to remember 103,000 grimoires, making her a sought-after entity in the Magical circle. To control her, the Necessarius Church scheduled a memory purge each year under the guise of keeping her safe from brain overloads. Which one of these two maidens exhibits a stronger will power: Charlotte Dunois, or Index L. Prohibitorum?
Haruna (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) vs. Yui (Angel Beats!)Show
In the world of moe, there are a lot of features and archetypes adored by anime fans. One of these said traits is the fang-tan—where the character is portrayed with cute feline teeth protruding out from her mouth even when closed. A pair of fang-tans, Haruna and Yui, square off against each other. They are both ‘genki’ girls, and more often than not, they are both a bit too high-strung compared to the other characters in their respective shows. Smiles are almost permanently etched on their faces, and their mere presences could lift the doom and gloom atmosphere gripping either the Aikawa household or the SSS Brigade meeting room. Will the Misteltainn-armed Haruna be able to beat her opponent, or will Yui’s guitar sway the match the other way in this ‘Battle of the Fang-tans?’
Huang Lingyin (<Infinite Stratos>) vs. Nakano Azusa (K-ON!)Show
Both of our contestants today share one thing in common: bodies small in stature. But, the similarities end here. Both Nakano Azusa and Huang Lingyin are currently at opposite ends of the leaderboard. While Azusa, who currently sits at 3rd, is almost guaranteed a Postseason spot, Lingyin's chances of making it into the Top 16 at the end of the Regular Season are extremely slim. Despite this, Lingyin is determined to win. Knowing that the possibility of winning against her Tier 1 opponent exists, China's IS representative prepares to give it her all when she goes up against the guitar-wielding kōhai of Hōkago Tea Time. In the end, will the energetic fang-tan be able to annihilate her opponent, or will she become another victim in Azu-nyan's quest for the Heavenly Tiara?
Sakagami Tomoyo (CLANNAD) vs. Shiina Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)Show
Today, Sakagami Tomoyo and Shiina Mafuyu face each other in the arena. These two have tricky but important similarities, which can make it harder for either of them to win this match. Though they don’t look like it, neither are the most feminine of characters, and both have problems in finding love. In Tomoyo's case, this is because she is rumored to be violent and have a record for fighting and misconduct, while on Mafuyu’s side, it is because she is very frightened by men. Yet, they both managed to find people with whom they fell in love. They continued to believe in their dreams and always gave them their best shots. As these two face each other in the arena driven by their hopes and dreams, who will be victorious?
Kasugano Sora (Yosuga no Sora) vs. Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa…Show
Most people nowadays devalue the meaning of the two words “love” and “happiness”. But for both Kasugano Sora and Eucliwood Hellscythe, those two words mean the whole world. With a multitude of tragedies having befallen these two long-haired maidens, their inner cores have been shattered to the point of them shunning society. They are not doing this to spite the others, but because they are trying to protect their fragile hearts. Sinking deeper into the abyss of loneliness, they would have been consumed by the darkness engulfing them. But when it mattered the most, the rays of warmth and hope shone upon them from the most unlikely of sources. Cherished and protected by her twin brother, Sora finally managed to creep away from the pain and suffering which had accompanied her since birth. Eucliwood, on the other hand, managed to confront the darkness engulfing her, together with her newfound companions. As these two girls grasp warmth and happiness, which one of them will have achieved greater victory, Sora or Eucliwood?
Saber (Fate/stay night) vs. Fujibayashi Kyō (CLANNAD)Show
Beauty, brain, and brawn collide as these two veterans clash once more. These two girls battled in 2008, where Kyō emerged as the victor. This class president knows how to send a clear and powerful message to her opponents without using a hardcover dictionary. Saber's pride could not accept this defeat and called for a re-match the following year. In 2009, despite Saber's strong efforts, Kyō remained standing when their match ceased. Yet, Saber was not about to give up. Last year by a mere 58-vote margin, Saber was finally able to topple her arch-nemesis and obtain the victory. She demonstrated that she could be at the top of her game with enough effort. Now, they stand toe-to-toe once more in the familiar arena. Can Saber show once more why she is considered the strongest of her kind and even the score, or will Kyō prove to her that their latest encounter was simply a fluke?
Kiriya Nozomi (Mayoi Neko Overrun!) vs. Isurugi Mio (MM!)Show
I did not wish for it to be this way. “So what” if my talents far exceed those of my peers? My abilities do not benefit me if they only sadden those around me. That is why I left; I could not bear to see the pain of my friends. However, even upon leaving, things just got worse. My feelings mingled with everyone else’s, and I could see how bothered they were from them. I wish I could say something, but there is only so much happiness that I can obtain. I only sought to help others. How could I know that I was just hurting myself? I wanted to give back to those who helped me from before. That is why I created the club, so that no one would be sad. It does not matter who sends the request; I will always get the job done. Despite this, there is a limit to how many wishes I can grant before I hurt myself. A plate of happiness sits in front of me. She deserves to have that plate more than me. I want to give it to her, but...but...I...
Thanks to Eclairs, JLoable91, Jeffrey-sama, Momento10, and Momokutenshi for contributing today's match previews.
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Izayoi Sakuya
Wish: Gotta nom 'em all!~

Post by JLoable91 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Momokutenshi wrote:
JLoable91 wrote:I've read some of the previous write-ups, where I found some spoilers too, but isn't it normal you know the characters you vote on, so it aren't spoilers anymore?
Also thx for the edit, i changed it in my write-up, I also used your preference in the last sentence :bigsmile:
There are also people who read the Featured Matches who haven't seen the animes (ie. looking for some clue in as to whose personality they might liek better and thereby who to vote etc) so major spoilers should be avoided, though some minor ones are ok. There was a whole big massive discussion on it somewhere (last period's Write-Ups thread or the Spoiler CD maybe? idr ><) idk about Clannad, but I agree that
Seitokai no IchizonShow
Mafuyu's confession
shouldn't be included. It doesn't happen until near the end iirc, and is somewhat major given the type of show/type of mindset Ken has.
Having that in mind for next ones! Thx
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Emerald Round Three write up :

Charlotte Dunois ( IS < Infinite Stratos > ) vs Kōsaka Kirino ( Ore no Imōto) WC = 174
SpoilerShow
For both Charlotte Dunois and Kōsaka Kirino, it is the case of ‘first impression can be misleading’.Charlotte entered the IS academy disguised as a guy, much to the delight of the students. Sensing that he might not be alone in the academy, this has lead Ichika to become a close friend to her. Unbeknownst to him, she was given a secret task which can only be achieved by her masquerading as a guy. As for Kirino, underneath her image as the model student, is a girl who loves to play dating sims and eroges. With her well-kept secret busted by her brother Kyōsuke, she resorted to make her benevolent brother as an accomplice, instead of a mere bystander. As the race for the Postseason slots heats up, both Charlotte and Kirino knows that the outcome of the match might gauge their own potential of entering the Postseason. Will the charm of the France IS cadet able to propel Charlotte Dunois to victory, or will the allure of modelling able to help Kōsaka Kirino seize the initiative instead?
Suzumiya Haruhi ( Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu ) vs Holo ( Spice and Wolf ) WC = 178
SpoilerShow
Two veterans are paired together during one of match ups for the Emerald round three. Both Suzumiya Haruhi and Holo have been contesting in ISML tournament since its inception. These two maidens have met each other three times during their ISML career, and Haruhi has came out triumphant in each of their encounters. The self proclaimed God has also entered the Postseason fireworks in each year of ISML, with her best post season outing on 2010, finishing the season in the 8th place. The wise wolf of Yoitsu on the other hand has only managed a solitary appearance in the Postseason during ISML 2009, ending the season in the 13th place. Both veterans are finding it hard during ISML 2011 though, with Haruhi currently in the cusps of being eliminated from the Postseason for the first time, while Holo’s languishing further down the table, in the 31st place. With the influx of new contestants in ISML, both Suzumiya Haruhi and Holo know that a win will be paramount to them, and they will be going all out to achieve that.
Sanzen'in Nagi ( Hayate no Gotoku ) vs Misaka Mikoto ( To Aru majutsu no Index) WC = 157
SpoilerShow
Many envisage proper, ladylike lives for the two ojōsamas’ – Sanzen’in Nagi and Misaka Mikoto. Graceful, modest as well as socially immaculate should have been the traits shared by these short, golden-haired ladies. But the truth is that, these two maidens are the antithesis of ojosamas themselves. Often lazing off during her day by playing countless games or reading a mountain of mangas, Nagi’s everyday routine mirrors that of a commoner. Instead of diligently going to school or attending piano classes, she would rather work on her manga. As for Mikoto, she spends her free times with her friends or helping the Judgement team to safeguard the sanctity of Gakuen City. She also likes to read mangas, the type of literature which is not associated with ojōsamas; without even buying them. Will the games and mangas give Sanzen’in Nagi the advantage over Misaka Mikoto, or will the Judgement works tilt the scale the other way round in the battle of ‘Misfit Ojōsamas’?
Laura Bodewig ( IS <Infinite Stratos> ) vs Seraphim ( Kore wa Zombie Desuka? ) WC = 146
SpoilerShow
The Emerald round three match ups pits two highly skilled combatants against each others. While these two maidens’ looks are very pleasing to the eyes, their inner cores are as sturdy as the rocks. Cold, imposing and unassuming, Laura Bodewig has worked her way up the ranks and files of the german squad, earning rank of a commander of her own unit. Trained by the German military, she has been taught to follow orders, and execute them flawlessly. On the other hand, raised by her clan to become a successful kyuketsuki ninja, Seraphim has mastered her Tsubamegaeshi secret sword technique. Aloof and slightly cynical, she puts the completion of duties given to her as the first priority. As these two girls battle each other, which one of them will the goddess of victory smiles upon : the Schwarzer Regen – armed Laura Bodewig of Seraphim, master of the Tsubamegaeshi technique?
Notes:
1 - British English
2 - WC will be posted
3 - Edits will be implemented during lunch break tomorrow, final clean up after work

Edits - Thanks a lot
- Sorry, just returned home and couldn't do any final check ups. ( Thursday 8:15 pm - past dateline )
Last edited by Eclairs on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Shana (Shakugan no Shana) vs Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky Star)
SpoilerShow
Tsundere, a well-known trait in anime, and today, you can notice it clearly in this battle. Shana, among others, often appears supreme and hostile, but shows a softer side to people she cares about. On the other hand, Kagami pretends to be mature and is quickly irritated by stupid comments from her friends, but when Konata makes a comment about something that makes her silly, she gets embarrassed very fast. Both also have the need for the presence of others,-without that, they feel weak and lonely. But that’s exactly why these two acquired their own fanbase very easily and belong in the list of the more successful characters in ISML. Still Kagami lost much of her popularity lately and will have to fight for a spot in the post-season now,-but she will try to take all the opportunities she can get, and is there something better than beating a tiara-favorite to start with? One problem… Shana won’t let that happen so easily!
EDITED by Momento10 and Elvinsky
Last edited by JLoable91 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage
Worships: Setsumi Sakura
Melon Pan: 88
2020 Female Favorite: Sakurajima Mai
2020 Male Favorite: Ishigami Yū
2019 Female Favorite: Tōma Kazusa
2019 Male Favorite: Ayanokōji Kiyotaka
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Sagara Sōsuke
Wish: My definition of peace and tranquility.

Post by Momento10 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 am

Kamio Misuzu (AIR) vs. Hyūga Hinata (NARUTO)
SpoilerShow
It is hard to make friends, but they are not at fault. For one, she would do anything to have someone close to her to play with. She would go out of her way to talk about random things or bring out some toys to play with. Get too close to her, and she may cry or, worse, fall ill. Could it be that she cannot obtain friends due to this "unknown disease?" For the other, it is not that she cannot make friends. All this time, she has been known to be the heir of a powerful clan. No matter how hard she works and trains, it seems as if she cannot meet up to the family's expectations. With the pressure from her family and the constant belief that she is a failure, she develops an inferiority complex and rarely speaks out to others. In times of need, they need someone to reach his or her hand out to them and tell them that it will be alright. Who shall the voters reach out to?
Shiina (Angel Beats!) vs. Kasugano Sora (Yosuga no Sora)
SpoilerShow
The fun and games stop here. They have endlessly switched places that they will finally get the chance to settle this madness. Shiina walks towards the ring, looking straight ahead. For someone of her caliber, she could care less as to who her opponent is as long as she comes back victorious. Her ninja ways will not allow her to falter for a second. This is nothing personal; it is simply business. On the other side, Kasugano Sora paces herself, still holding the stuffed rabbit in her hand. It is not to lure Shiina and make her defenseless; rather, it is a good luck charm for herself. Holding this gives her more than enough confidence to move on upon failure. It is up to her to show to a certain someone how much she has grown, no matter how far apart they are. They finally stand in front of one another, with neither moving an inch, letting their eyes tell the story. Both brace themselves, and the battle for that second victory commences!
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) (Ore no Imōto) vs. Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
SpoilerShow
They say to be wary of black cats and snakes, but how can one when both of them are voiced by the same seiyū and have cute features? Maybe one should stop and understand them. While it is true that Gokō Ruri is a mature and independent high school student, deep down, all she may truly need is a little bit of love. Juggling with familiar responsibilities and otaku hobbies, even she can use a break once in a while. Given her attitude, it would be a matter of time before she understands that she is missing something in her life. One may call Sengoku Nadeko a shy, yet playful girl, but she too hides a secret. Whether she knows it or not, she is quite a popular girl in her school. However, the feelings one has for her can go so far. If she makes the wrong move, who knows what terrible things may await her. All both of them need is someone to talk to at the end of the day. When this match ends, will it be Ruri's personality or Nadeko's attention that will stand out the most?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@JLoable91: Someone can edit this better than I can. This is the best I could do.
Shana (Shakugan no Shana) vs Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky Star)Show
Tsundere, a trait *typical* for in (I believe this is the correct preposition) anime, and today, you can notice it clearly in this battle. Shana, among others, often appears supreme and hostile, but shows a more soft softer(this one has an -er/-est form) side to people she cares about. On the other hand, Kagami pretends to be mature and is quickly irritated by stupid comments of from (I believe this is the correct preposition) her friends, but when Konata makes a comment about something that makes her silly, she gets embarrassed very fast. Both also have the need for the presence of others,; (Comma splice. Use semicolons to combine two sentences without the use of and, but, etc.) without that, they feel weak and lonely. But, that’s exactly why these two acquired their own fanbase very easily and belong in the list of the more successful characters in ISML. Still, Kagami lost many of her popularity lately and will have to fight for a spot in the post-season now,. (This sentence continues to run on. I separated the sentence to two at this point. Hopefully, you do not mind.) But, she will try to take all the opportunities she can get, and is there something better than beating a tiara-favorite to start with? One problem… Shana won’t let that happen so quickly.
1*. I would not really say typical per se, as there have been some works created that does not have that trait. A better word would be "well-known." It is up to you.

A key note here is commas. Make sure to place them before the words and, but, etc. when you combine two sentences. Also, place them before/after incomplete sentences:"Today," without that," "But," "Still,". Do not use a comma to combine two sentences without the use of and, but, etc. Use a semicolon instead. While not as strong, try not to make sentences too long; the reader needs to catch a breath too. If you can, try separating long, combined sentences into two or even three for better flow and ease of mind for readers. I hope this helps.
Last edited by Momento10 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 am

Enjoying my vacation so I don't think I'll have time to do edits.
Just one write=up today.
Iwasawa Asami (Angel Beats!) vs. Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Got…Show
A broken family has caused both of today's contestants to experience a difficult childhood. The lack of love from both their parents left these girls to fend for themselves, forcing them to find someone or something they can rely on. Iwasawa Asami turned to music while Katsura Hinagiku looked to her sister for solace. But after fighting through the hard times, both girls are finally able to know what it feels like to be loved - Asami by her fans and Hina by her peers at school. For them, the past is just the past with the future being what matters to them. And what will the future hold in store? That is for you to decide and them to find out.
Elvinsky
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter

Post by Elvinsky » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:13 am

About time I got my arse back in gear and helped out... I'll get on with the other write-ups shortly, Momento. (Additional edits in blue.)
Momento10 wrote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@JLoable91: Someone can edit this better than I can. This is the best I could do.
Shana (Shakugan no Shana) vs Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky Star)Show
Tsundere, a trait *typical* for in (I believe this is the correct preposition) anime, and today, you can notice it clearly in this battle. Shana, among others, often appears supreme and hostile, but shows a more soft softer(this one has an -er/-est form) side to people she cares about. On the other hand, Kagami pretends to be mature and is quickly irritated by stupid comments of from (I believe this is the correct preposition) her friends, but when Konata makes a comment about something that makes her silly, she gets embarrassed very fast. Both also have the need for the presence of others,; (Comma splice. Use semicolons to combine two sentences without the use of and, but, etc.) without that, they feel weak and lonely. But, that’s exactly why these two acquired their own fanbase very easily and belong in the list of the more successful characters in ISML. Still, Kagami lost much of her popularity lately and will have to fight for a spot in the post-season now,. (This sentence continues to run on. I separated the sentence to two at this point. Hopefully, you do not mind.) But, she will try to take all the opportunities she can get, and is there something better than beating a tiara-favorite to start with? One problem… Shana won’t let that happen so easily.
1*. I would not really say typical per se, as there have been some works created that does not have that trait. A better word would be "well-known." It is up to you.

A key note here is commas. Make sure to place them before the words and, but, etc. when you combine two sentences. Also, place them before/after incomplete sentences:"Today," without that," "But," "Still,". Do not use a comma to combine two sentences without the use of and, but, etc. Use a semicolon instead. While not as strong, try not to make sentences too long; the reader needs to catch a breath too. If you can, try separating long, combined sentences into two or even three for better flow and ease of mind for readers. I hope this helps.
- Used "much" instead of "many," since "popularity" is non-countable.
- Mind the style for post-season. I believe Marinara-san and Momento-san can help with that.
- Replaced "quickly" with "easily."

----
(Next batch of edits in red.)
Momento10 wrote:Kamio Misuzu (AIR) vs. Hyūga Hinata (NARUTO)
SpoilerShow
It is hard to make friends, but they are not at fault. For one, she would do anything to have someone close to her to play with. She would go out of her way to talk about random things or bring out some toys to play with. Get too close to her, and she may cry or, worse, fall ill. Could it be that she cannot obtain friends due to this "unknown disease?" For the other, it is not as that she cannot make friends. All this time, she has been known to be the heir of a powerful clan. No matter how hard she works and trains, it seems as if she cannot meet up to the family's expectations. With the pressure from her family and the constant belief that she is a failure, she develops an inferiority complex and rarely speaks out to others. In times of need, they need someone to reach his or her hand out to them and tell them that it will be alright. Who shall the voters reach out to?
- Removed "as"
- "belief"
- "speaks"
Momento10 wrote:Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) (Ore no Imōto) vs. Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
SpoilerShow
They say to be wary of black cats and snakes, but how can one when both of them are voiced by the same seiyū and have cute features? Maybe, one should stop and understand them. While it is true that Gokō Ruri is a mature and independent high school student, deep down, all she may truly need is a little bit of love. Juggling with familiar responsibilities and otaku hobbies, even she can use a break once in a while. Given her attitude, it would be a matter of time before she understands that she is missing something in her life. One may call Sengoku Nadeko a shy, yet playful girl, but she, too hides a secret. Whether she knows it or not, she is quite a popular girl in her school. However, the feelings one has for her can go so far. If she makes the wrong move, who knows what terrible things may await her. All both of them need is someone to talk to at the end of the day. When this match ends, will it be Ruri's personality or Nadeko's attention that will stand out the most?
- Removed the comma.
- Added "but" and removed another comma.

Final notes: For the most part, I saw no problems with the Shiina vs. Sora write-up, but I'll let Marinara-san check it just in case.
"Rip and Tear. Rip and tear until it's done."
"To the good people I met on this site (Kordosa, Minhtam, Crisu, Maglor, Desufire, Momo, Marinara, Midnight-Jasper, Hikarin, Momento10, Shiraoky, Alex, Bastion, Superunature, Demi., Sedon, xcrossfacekillahx, Silver21, CureRainbow) thank you for the nice memories."
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:30 am

^Edited as suggested above. Thank you, Elvinsky.
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks Momento10 and Elvinsky for the Edits, changed it as suggested
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 am

I did a second one...
Akiyama Mio vs Fujibayashi Kyō
SpoilerShow
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. But when they go we will never, ever be the same again.
What would some people do when their friends would move away or pass away, cry about it? Be angry because of it? Anyway, for the two who face each other in the arena today friendship is like their source of life. Suppose if Mio wasn't a part of the light-music club, would she have as many friends as she got then? - And if Kyō never met Tomoya and his friends, wouldn't she and her sister be alone? They probably can't imagine themselves what it would be if something bad would happen to their friends or if they never met them, because these two treasure their friends above anything else and use that as a reason to fight. But unfortunately they already lost someone dear to them in the preliminaries: Mio lost her crony Ritsu and Kyō saw the fall of her once-popular-sister Ryō. They both want revenge but only one can win today. Who can stand up for her friends better?
Edits are welcome
Especially on the section (cry about it? Be angry because of it?) i think it's wrong
and the transition Mio-Kyou on line 3
Marinara
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Horo, the Wise Wolf
Wish: Bottomless ramen

Emerald Round 3 Edits

Post by Marinara » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:02 am

Round 3 submissions closed. If you have any further submissions/translations/edits, please PM them to me.
Shiina (Angel Beats!) vs. Kasugano Sora (Yosuga no Sora)Show
The fun and games stop here. They have endlessly switched places so that they could finally get the chance to settle this madness. Shiina walks towards the ring, looking straight ahead. For someone of her caliber, she could care less as to whom her opponent is, as long as she comes back victorious. Her ninja ways will not allow her to falter for a second. This is nothing personal; it is simply business. On the other side, Kasugano Sora paces herself, still holding the stuffed rabbit in her hand. It is not to lure Shiina and make her defenseless; rather, it is a good luck charm for herself. Holding this gives her more than enough confidence to move on the other’s failure. It is up to her to show to a certain someone how much she has grown, no matter how far apart they are. They finally stand in front of one another, with neither moving an inch, letting their eyes tell the story. Both brace themselves, and the battle for that second victory commences!
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!) vs. Fujibayashi Kyō (CLANNAD)Show
Some people come into our lives and leave just as quickly. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. But when they go, we will never, ever be the same again. What would some people do when their friends would move or pass away, cry about it? Be angry because of it? For the two who face each other in the arena today, friendship is like their source of life. Suppose if Mio wasn't a part of the light-music club, would she have as many friends as she had then? And if Kyō never met Tomoya and his friends, wouldn't she and her sister be alone? They probably can't imagine themselves what it would be like if something bad were to happen to their friends, or if they had never met them, because these two treasure their friends above anything else and use that as a reason to fight. But, unfortunately, they have already lost people dear to them in the Preliminaries: Mio lost her crony, Ritsu, and Kyō saw the fall of her once-popular sister, Ryō. They both want revenge, but only one can win today. Who can stand up for her friends better?
Sanzen'in Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Misaka Mikoto (Toaru Maju…Show
Many envisage proper, lady-like lives for the two ojōsama, Sanzen’in Nagi and Misaka Mikoto. Grace, modesty, as well as social immaculacy, should have been the traits shared by these short, golden-haired ladies. But, the truth is that these two maidens are the antitheses of ojosama, themselves. Often lazing off during her days by playing countless games or reading mountains of manga, Nagi’s routine mirrors that of a commoner. Instead of diligently going to school or attending piano classes, she would rather work on her manga. As for Mikoto, she spends her free time with her friends or helping the Judgment team safeguard the sanctity of Gakuen City. She also likes to read manga. Will games and manga give Sanzen’in Nagi the advantage over Misaka Mikoto, or will Mikoto’s Judgment works tilt the scale the other way around in the battle of the ‘Misfit Ojōsama?’
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) (Ore no Imōto) vs. Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemono…Show
They say to be wary of black cats and snakes, but how can one when both of them are voiced by the same seiyū and have cute features? Maybe one should stop and understand them. While it is true that Gokō Ruri is a mature and independent high school student, deep down, all she may truly need is a little bit of love. Juggling familiar responsibilities and otaku hobbies, even she can use a break once in a while. Given her attitude, it will only be a matter of time before she understands that she is missing something in her life. One may call Sengoku Nadeko a shy, yet playful, girl, but she too hides a secret. Whether she knows it or not, she is quite a popular girl in her school. However, the feelings one has for her can go so far. If she makes the wrong move, who knows what terrible things may await her? All both of them need is someone to talk to at the end of the day. When this match ends, will it be Ruri's personality, or Nadeko's attention, that stands out the most?
Shana (Shakugan no Shana) vs. Hiiragi Kagami (Lucky ☆ Star)Show
Today, the well-known tsundere trait is clearly displayed in this battle. Shana, among others, often appears supreme and hostile, but shows a softer side to people about whom she cares. On the other hand, Kagami pretends to be mature and is quickly irritated by stupid comments from her friends, but when Konata makes a comment that reveals Kagami’s silliness, she quickly gets embarrassed. Both also have the need for the presence of others—without it, they feel weak and lonely. But, that’s exactly why these two easily acquired their own fan bases and belong on the list of ISML’s more successful characters. Still, Kagami has lessened in popularity lately and will have to fight for a spot in the Postseason. She must take all the opportunities she can get, and is there anything better than starting with beating a tiara-favorite? One problem…Shana won’t let that happen so easily!
Charlotte Dunois (IS <Infinite Stratos>) vs. Kōsaka Kirino (Ore…Show
Both Charlotte Dunois and Kōsaka Kirino exhibit a case of “first impressions can be misleading.” Charlotte entered the IS Academy disguised as a guy, delighting its almost all-female students. Glad that he might not be alone in the academy, Ichika quickly become close friends with her. Unbeknownst to him, she was given a secret task. As for Kirino, underneath her image as a model student is a girl who loves to play dating sims. With her well-kept secret busted by her brother, Kyōsuke, she resorted to making her benevolent brother an accomplice, instead of a mere bystander. As the race heats up, both Charlotte and Kirino know that the outcome of the match might gauge their own potential of entering the Postseason. Will the charm of the French IS cadet be able to propel Charlotte Dunois to victory, or will the allure of her own modeling help Kōsaka Kirino seize the initiative instead?
Laura Bodewig (IS <Infinite Stratos>) vs. Seraphim (Kore wa Zomb…Show
Emerald Round 3 pits two highly skilled combatants against each other. While these two maidens’ looks are very pleasing to the eyes, their inner cores are as sturdy as rock. Cold, imposing, and unassuming, Laura Bodewig has worked her way up the ranks of the German squad, earning the rank of Commander of her own unit. Trained by the German military, she has been taught to follow orders, and execute them flawlessly. On the other hand, raised by her clan to become a successful kyuketsuki ninja, Seraphim has mastered her Tsubamegaeshi secret sword technique. Aloof and slightly cynical, she puts the completion of her given duties as her first priority. As these girls battle each other, which one of them will the goddess of victory smile upon, the Schwarzer Regen-armed Laura Bodewig, or Seraphim, master of the Tsubamegaeshi technique?
Iwasawa Asami (Angel Beats!) vs. Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Got…Show
A broken family has caused both of today's contestants to experience difficult childhoods. The lack of love from both their parents left these girls to fend for themselves, forcing them to find someone or something they could rely on. Iwasawa Asami turned to music, while Katsura Hinagiku looked to her sister for solace. But after fighting through the hard times, both girls are finally able to know what it feels like to be loved—Asami by her fans and Hina by her peers at school. For them, the past is just the past, with the future being what matters to them. And what will the future hold in store? That is for you to decide and for them to find out.
Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu) vs. Holo (Spice and…Show
Two veterans are paired together in this match; both Suzumiya Haruhi and Holo have contested in the ISML tournament since its inception. These maidens have met each other three times during their ISML career, and Haruhi has came out triumphant in each of their encounters. The self-proclaimed God has also entered the Postseason fireworks in each year of ISML, with her best Postseason outing in 2010, finishing the season in 8th place. The wise wolf of Yoitsu, on the other hand, has only managed a solitary appearance in the Postseason during ISML 2009, ending the season in 13th place. Both veterans are finding it hard this year, though, with Haruhi currently in the cusp of being eliminated from the Postseason for the first time, while Holo’s languishing further down the table, in 31st place. With the influx of new contestants in ISML, both Suzumiya Haruhi and Holo know that a win will be paramount to them, and they will go all out to achieve that.
Kamio Misuzu (AIR) vs. Hyūga Hinata (NARUTO)Show
It is hard to make friends, but they are not at fault. One girl would do anything to have someone close with whom to play. She would go out of her way to talk about random topics, or bring out some toys with which to play. But if you got too close to her, she might cry, or worse, fall ill. Could it be that she could not obtain friends due to this "unknown disease?" For the other, it is not that she cannot make friends. All this time, she has been known as the heir of a powerful clan. However, no matter how hard she works and trains, it seems as if she cannot meet up with her family's expectations. With the pressure from her family and the constant belief that she is a failure, she develops an inferiority complex and rarely speaks out to others. In times of need, they need someone to reach his or her hand out to them and tell them that it will be alright. Who shall the voters reach out to?
Thanks to Eclairs, JLoable91, Momento10, and Jeffrey-sama for contributing today's match previews.
Marinara's Anime Blog: Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
Jeffrey-sama
Soul gem
Soul gem
Wish: K-ON! Season 3

Post by Jeffrey-sama » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:03 pm

These matches caught my eye the most but I may do a few more if I have time.
Scratch that. IRL has changed my plans.
Huang Lingyin (IS <Infinite Stratos>) vs. Victorique de Blois (G…Show
With a fiery personality, Huang Lingyin is the mirror opposite of Victorique de Blois. China's IS representative is always quick to talk and slow to listen. With the physical characteristics of a fang-tan and the personality of a genki girl, Lingyin always strives to be the best among her peers. On the other hand, Victorique is the reserved type of girl who prefers to observe others from the sidelines. With the help of her Wellspring of Wisdom, this intelligent Golden Fairy is able to solve any mystery given to her in a flash. Today, we get to see which is more powerful: the physical strength of an IS or the analytic ability of the Wellspring of Wisdom.
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!) vs. Shinonono Hōki (IS <Infinite Stratos>)Show
Two tall and beautiful bishōjos voiced by Hikasa Yōko take to the stage today as Hōkago Tea Time bassist, Akiyama Mio, takes on fourth-generation IS pilot, Shinonono Hōki. Physically, these two are very much alike; their long hair and model-like figure leave others in awe. But their personalities couldn't be any different. On one hand, Mio is shy and reserved, often cringing at the thought of scary stories or being in the spotlight. As for Hōki, she has a tomboyish personality, regularly practicing kendo and having the strength to possibly take down a grown man. However, the determination of these two maidens are equal. Both have the desire to be the best at what they do - whether it be playing the bass or practicing kendo. In the end, which one will you vote for? Is Mio with her shy personality the one for you or does Hōki's physical strength impress you more?
Last edited by Jeffrey-sama on Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Eclairs
Shinigami
Shinigami
Worships: Tamura Manami // Nagato Yuki // Aisaka Taiga
Wish: MUFC to win the treble of Premier League, FA cup and UEFA Champions league in the 2013/2014 season.

Post by Eclairs » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Emerald Round 4 Preview write ups :

Yui ( Angel Beats! ) vs Aisaka Taiga ( Toradora!) - WC = 179
SpoilerShow
One of the highlights in the Emerald Round four schedule is the matchup between Yui and Aisaka Taiga. Yui is currently in 11th place on the leaderboard, while Taiga’s 9th and with this, both maidens’ places in for the Postseason are all but guaranteed. What's left for them is to snatch a necklace of their own in the regular season. Both these petite girls have three wins in the Emerald period, and a victory for either one of the girls will swing the pendulum towards their side for a spot in the necklace showdown match, at the end of the Emerald period. A win here is also imperative for both of them, as they are both in the second tier bracket, which means that they will need to face the first tier contestants later in this period. With four necklaces already snatched away, both Yui and Taiga know that they stand a fighting chance in getting any one of the remaining three necklaces. What better way to demonstrate their intention, than to knock of one of their closest challengers.
Eucliwood Hellscythe ( Kore wa Zombie Desuka?) vs Seraphim ( Kore wa Zombie Desuka?) - WC = 150
SpoilerShow
A normal day in the Aikawa household – Eucliwood Hellscythe, sitting calmly and sipping her tea, verbal abuses are been hurled towards Ayumu by Seraphim. Envious of him being the ‘servant’ of Eucliwood, Sera resorted to being the ‘servant’ of Ayumu since Eucliwood didn’t need two servants. The silver haired, quiet maiden has a refined aura surrounding her. Gentle and thoughtful, her amethyst coloured eyes always look so dreamy. With the strokes of her pen, she communicates in a rather unconventional way. On the other hand, Sera, the brash, long haired girl has an imposing feel to her. Aloof and straight forward, her piercing gaze can make onlookers both awestruck and pressured at the same time. Contrary to Eucliwood, she would rather make herself known as someone with a sharp tongue. Who will have the greater ‘say’ in the household – the necromancer of the underworld Eucliwood Hellscythe or the kyuuketsu ninja Seraphim ?
Kasugano Sora ( Yasuga no Sora ) vs Holo ( Spice and Wolf)
SpoilerShow

Shana ( Shakugan no Shana ) vs Tōsaka Rin ( Fate/stay Night ) - WC = 165
SpoilerShow
Crimson is the colour that signifies both Shana and Tōsaka Rin. Her eyes and hair turn red, as Shana unleashes her fury upon the crimson denizens, hell-bent on protecting the balance and order between the worlds. Tsundere in nature, it took her a while before she realised her true feelings towards the main protagonist. Torn between her feelings and the duty bound to her, Shana continues to struggle both physically and emotionally. Rin on the other hand predominantly wears a red shirt. Picked as one of the masters in the fifth Holy Grail war, she is a talented magus. She tried to summon a knight spirit, but the spell went awry and instead summoned a different servant instead. While she is slightly tsundere in nature, it also took her awhile until she realised her feelings. As the 'Nietono no Shana' clashes with the ‘Unlimited Blade Works’, will Shana able to ‘colour’ Tōsaka Rin’s body with the colour of blood, or will her opponent smear her crimson red instead?
Notes :
1 - In accordance to the 200 WC, the WC will be posted for easy access.
2 - British English
3 - Weekend Previews

Edits < Thanks a lot >
1 - Thanks a lot to Memento10 for doing the Holo-sama write up.
2 - Sunday 2:00 pm edit - Incorporated Jeffrey's edit. As usual, ur edits are much appreciated mate :)
3 - I might not be here later today to final clean up the write up. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Last edited by Eclairs on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thanks a lot to Hikari-Chan , Midnight-Jasper and ppizzapie for the awesome signatures and slivers.
"Take caution thy children, for thou art guilty of sin if thou does not fappeth to the lolis!" Bob 23:29-192
JLoable91
Shinigami
Shinigami

Post by JLoable91 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Doing none today
I don't have that much inspiration lately.
Last edited by JLoable91 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Momo
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
ImageImage

Post by Momo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Katsura Hinagiku (Hayate no Gotoku!) vs. Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!)Show
As the cheers of the audience shake the rafters at her introduction, Hinagiku glances over her shoulder at her ever-faithful, adoring Student Council Trio, awed into rare silence their little prank had turned their friend into a household name. Turning, in hopes of glimpsing that certain unfortunate butler she knew was watching, the flash of light reflecting off her pink hair catches the eye of her opponent in the wings directly opposite: none other than the lead vocalist of the world-renowned Houkago Tea-Time. Hirasawa Yui smiles; the Seitokaichou may have been able to sing her way past her sister, but there's no way Hina can win against her. Yui effortlessly tunes her guitar, confident her greater experience and dual-ability to both play and sing simultaneously will sway the competition in her favor. But in trading her shinai for a microphone, Hinagiku has discovered a new talent and her triumph onstage in the last two rounds has only helped to enrich it. As the Musician Showdown comes to its Final, let the music begin!
Kōsaka Kirino (Ore no Imōto) vs. Aragaki Ayase (Ore no Imōto)Show
Kirino has always known the day her best friend finds out the truth behind her secret hobby all hell will break loose. That day has come. If there is one thing Aragaki Ayase hates more than the lewd habits of otaku, it is lying; and now, she finds out her dearest friend and idol has lied to her repeatedly about her love for such games. Betrayed and hurt, the blue-haired model knows she must break her silence and confront her fallen friend, restoring the perfect, straight-A role model she's always known. But Kirino knows Ayase is ill-informed on the true nature of anime, that she has been biased by the media and can't understand the happiness she feels as she sings along to the Stardust Witch Meruru theme song. Herself hurting at the blatant rejection of her imouto-love games, Kirino mirrors the pain Ayase feels, feeling as guilty for lying as Ayase feels devastated. As their inevitable confrontation takes place, can Kirino show her honest, upright friend the joy she feels as she navigates the routes of her beloved younger-sister-centered eroges? Or will Ayase be able to bring her two-faced friend to honesty and to see life her way?
Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) (Ore no Imōto) vs. Charlotte Dunois (IS <In…Show
Kuroneko has managed to skillfully blend into the shadows when it comes confronting her seiyuu sisters, but on the home stretch of the slippery slope that is the HanaKana Wars, Charlotte refuses to let her hide any longer. Both are mirror-image shy, quiet girls, but don't let their soft-spoken meekness fool you; under their reserved demeanor lies a fervent passion and an iron will. Whether it's Ruri's passion for role-playing, love for anime and faithful dedication to her beloved Masquerade, or Char's passion for IS, love for Ichika and refusal to give him up to her classmates, both girls embody the essence of the Order of the Lotus: beautiful, gentle and soft on the outside, resilient and strong within. These two newcomers have fought their way up the charts, knocking aside veterans and fellow newcomers alike, to become favorites for Post-Season. As these Kana Hanazawans face off, will the purple of the fallen Tenshi-nyan blanket the sky? Or will the gold of the French IS pilot glow victorious?
Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu) vs. Nakamura Yuri (A…Show
It is a universal truth that stubborn, headstrong leaders clash. When one fights the injustice and cruelty of the almighty Kami-sama, and the other is the very god she fights, this clash will undoubtedly spiral to truly epic proportions. Embittered by the harsh world, Nakamura Yuri carries the burden of her three younger siblings on her conscience, blaming herself and her powerlessness for their untimely deaths: the shattering of her once-happy world. Oblivious to the power she controls, Suzumiya Haruhi lives a whimsical, joyful life tailored to her ideals, a life dedicated to fun, excitement and her friends, whether they be aliens, espers, time-travellers -- or just a certain cynic. Both the embodiment of abundant love, these two determined girls are dedicated to their followers, seeking to do the best for their friends in every way. But before they can fully enjoy the wonders of a happy life, a score must be settled. Will Yuri and the SSS triumph over the betrayal and pain of their difficult lives and finally reach peace? Or will Haruhi's SOS Brigade fulfill her expectations and put everyone back in their rightful place?
Aisaka Taiga (Toradora!) vs. Yui (Angel Beats!)Show
Infinite energy, sheer stubborn will and passion for life. Taiga and Yui mirror one another, embodying all three. Yet for both, there lies a sensitive, broken heart behind their strength. They exude confidence and independence, but their fragile souls quietly await the one person ready to heal them, to restore them: the one who will love them. Life has been harsh for both of them. Difficult parents forced Taiga from home; difficult classmates forced her to hide behind a glowering frown, her pain invisible behind the fear she incited*. Time ticked on by for Yui, unable to move without assistance, unable to meet and make new friends, simply awaiting death; silent in her pain lest she burden her family more. Still, neither Taiga nor Yui let it dampen their spirits, and their waiting paid off. Today, as they race neck-and-neck towards the necklace they've both been biding their time for, will Ryuuji's gentleness and tender care for the bokken-wielding tsundere give her the support she needs to triumph? Or will Hinata's readiness to do anything and everything for the lively genki-girl give her the courage and peace she needs to move ahead?
Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?) vs. Seraphim (Kor…Show
A tornado of leaves encircle the supernatural beings, curving the long blue-white hair of the necromancer around to meet the rich black of the kyuketsu-ninja. Resigned to the life she cannot control, Yuu sighs: cruelty is her bitter friend, sadness her constant companion. Alone for centuries but for the fear and power that haunted her, she, alone, understands the pain Seraphim feels, the loneliness and worried panic locked behind the vampire's stoic face. She, alone, sees the sensitive heart protected by the proud, haughty demeanor it hides behind, the heart that was willing to give up everything it knew for her. And as they are forced against each other by the cruel world they are both all too familiar with, Eucliwood alone can empathize with Sera's inability to bring herself up to raise her Hiken Tsubamegaeshi against the gentle, childlike figure of the one who saved her life, the one who brought her to feel love for the very first time, the one who is her friend. Yet as quiet sapphire eyes meet overbright emerald, both know, no matter what the outcome, they've come too far together, they've shared too much, to ever turn against one another.
(longest is Kirino v Ayase @ 200 words according to MS WC)
Last edited by Momo on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Revenge Time~
Momento10
Electromaster
Electromaster
Badges:
ImageImageImageImage

Post by Momento10 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:43 am

Mineva Lao Zabi (Mobile Suit Gundam) vs. Kō Shūrei (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
SpoilerShow
They may be an only child of royal descent, but their personalities are nothing alike. Kō Shūrei is a direct descendant of the main royal branch. With the death of her mother and her father bringing little income, Shūrei would do things a person of her status would rarely do. She is adept to multiple household chores and is seen doing odd jobs, such as teaching at a local temple or playing an erhu. Her hard work, kindness, and compassion has calmed the hearts of many she encounters. Similarly, Mineva Lao Zabi is the heir to the Principality of Zeon. Unlike Kō, Mineva is a brash and arrogant girl who could care less about her group's maintenance of peace to the world. Despite this, she is a kind, dedicated, and righteous person who would stand up for what is right. She would even sacrifice her life in order to stop the two sides from fighting. If there is one thing these maidens have in common, it is the belief that if they tried hard enough, they can make the world a better place. Which noble blood will obtain victory by the end of this match?
Imoutan
Imouto
Imouto
Worships: Fate

Post by Imoutan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:57 am

Mineva Lao Zabi (Mobile Suit Gundam) vs. Kou Shuurei (Saiunkoku…Show
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Such power is what Kō Shūrei and Mineva Zabi seek. While both women are in positions of power, they have none. Rather, it is that trophy power that overshadow the two’s characters. For Kō Shūrei, it is a battle to prove her ability as government official to the imperial court dominated by male, a place that only care to utilize her namesake not her individual ability. Defying conventional gender roles and hierarchical society, Shūrei aims to better herself and her war torn country, even to the point where she forsake love for duty. In contrast, Mineva does not wish to untangle herself from her family. Rather, she strives to shoulder the dignity and responsibility the of Zabi’s past glory and blunder; yet, her valiant effort to reform the family name is challenged with anachronistic ideals of her own people. Walking their own path, both steadfastly believe that their effort will change the world for the better. While each woman will no doubt free herself from the shadow of her noble birth, it is a race to determine which will do it first. - 200 words
I'm sorry Momento10, I really mean no harm T.T
~ Ideas copied shamelessly from RYnky-san ~
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Post by maglor » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:13 am

Momento10 wrote:Mineva Lao Zabi (Mobile Suit Gundam) vs. Kō Shūrei (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
SpoilerShow
They may be an only child of royal descent, but their personalities are nothing alike. Kō Shūrei is a direct descendant of the main royal branch. With the death of her mother and her father bringing little income, Shūrei would do things a person of her status would rarely do. She is adept to multiple household chores and is seen doing odd jobs, such as teaching at a local temple or playing an erhu. Her hard work, kindness, and compassion has calmed the hearts of many she encounters. Similarly, Mineva Lao Zabi is the heir to the Principality of Zeon. Unlike Kō, Mineva is a brash and arrogant girl who could care less about her group's maintenance of peace to the world. Despite this, she is a kind, dedicated, and righteous person who would stand up for what is right. She would even sacrifice her life in order to stop the two sides from fighting. If there is one thing these maidens have in common, it is the belief that if they tried hard enough, they can make the world a better place. Which noble blood will obtain victory by the end of this match?
Imoutan wrote:
Mineva Lao Zabi (Mobile Suit Gundam) vs. Kou Shuurei (Saiunkoku…Show
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Such power is what Kō Shūrei and Mineva Zabi seek. While both women are in positions of power, they have none. Rather, it is that trophy power that overshadow the two’s characters. For Kō Shūrei, it is a battle to prove her ability as government official to the imperial court dominated by male, a place that only care to utilize her namesake not her individual ability. Defying conventional gender roles and hierarchical society, Shūrei aims to better herself and her war torn country, even to the point where she forsake love for duty. In contrast, Mineva does not wish to untangle herself from her family. Rather, she strives to shoulder the dignity and responsibility the of Zabi’s past glory and blunder; yet, her valiant effort to reform the family name is challenged with anachronistic ideals of her own people. Walking their own path, both steadfastly believe that their effort will change the world for the better. While each woman will no doubt free herself from the shadow of her noble birth, it is a race to determine which will do it first. - 200 words
I'm sorry Momento10, I really mean no harm T.T
While Momento10 seeks to highlight the difference in personality and attitude towards the world, Imoutan emphasizes the relation to, acquisition of, and use of political power, and in my opinion, both are very important part of discussing these 2 complicated characters. The question is how do we combine both without losing their strength. If allowed, I would petition that this writeup is given higher word count limit in order to better compare and contrast these 2 characters that deserves more attention.