2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Re: RESULTS - Emerald 9

Post by Fate » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Congrats to Suiseiseki for winning the necklace.
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Demi. wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:
Demi. wrote:It's not about the advantage, Kholdstare, It's the % of Tomoyo's win. Slight advantage doesn't equal 1-sided rape. Especially not for Haruhi.
What are you talking about? Tomoyo had the advantage, not slight advantage, and she won. End of story. I was looking at Tomoyo's rapid rise up the performance ladder. What were you looking at?
SpoilerShow
Emerald 8 performance ratings -

Tomoyo - 95.79
Haruhi - 95.29

I'm using your own ratings. If that's not a 'slight advantage,' then what is? And let's face it, Haruhi has been raping just as hard as Tomoyo in Emerald, excluding her match with Horo...Which was the works of you know who. Before Emerald 9, Haruhi's VD was only slightly behind Tomoyo, and with a slightly weaker schedule...But Horo really put a dent in her VD. Besides, no way would Taiga perform better than Haruhi vs. Tomoyo....Even Nanoha performance vs. Tomoyo was about equal to Haruhi's.

@TRE. True. Well, I'll put my buck on Rin as well.
Saimoe is more complicated than comparing two numbers. If you track the performance of both characters, you would know Tomoyo had a big advantage.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
melange
Artisan
Artisan
Badges:
Worships: Iwakura Lain
Wish: White Queen & Black Queen

Post by melange » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Juice wrote:I still blame minty for demonstrating how to "break" the system.
Yes this was one of the most illogical moves ever. All that time spent creating a system that makes it harder to tactical vote and its just given away?
The Dancing Doll of the Infirmary - Higanbana
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:16 pm

Recalling last year. Tomoyo was the one who held the number one spot for the longest time in 2008. She lost out near the end so that Fate would be number one, but that holding for two periods was by far the longest hold on number one until Haruhi dominated this year. Tomoyo lost to only a few people last year: Kotomi (for the necklace in Topaz to Satsuna), to Fate, to Kagami (twice), and finally to Konata during double eliminations. She tied and then beat Yuki. She beat everyone else.

And she was number seven during nominations. She surprised us when she topped the chart. She didn't usually rape and her numbers were not all that impressive...she just won a lot, usually by just enough. Shana was the one with the super huge numbers, yet Tomoyo beat her. Haruhi had super huge numbers, but Tomoyo beat her as well. Kagami was her most dangerous opponent last year (Saimoe 2008's winner) which in turn boosted Konata to deliver the killing blow during endgame.

And so having Tomoyo so close to the top and taking out Haruhi and Shana is nothing new. She got her own game for some reason and it shows in this contest.
Space Opera
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Post by Demi. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:33 pm

KholdStare88 wrote:
Demi. wrote:
KholdStare88 wrote:
Demi. wrote:It's not about the advantage, Kholdstare, It's the % of Tomoyo's win. Slight advantage doesn't equal 1-sided rape. Especially not for Haruhi.
What are you talking about? Tomoyo had the advantage, not slight advantage, and she won. End of story. I was looking at Tomoyo's rapid rise up the performance ladder. What were you looking at?
SpoilerShow
Emerald 8 performance ratings -

Tomoyo - 95.79
Haruhi - 95.29

I'm using your own ratings. If that's not a 'slight advantage,' then what is? And let's face it, Haruhi has been raping just as hard as Tomoyo in Emerald, excluding her match with Horo...Which was the works of you know who. Before Emerald 9, Haruhi's VD was only slightly behind Tomoyo, and with a slightly weaker schedule...But Horo really put a dent in her VD. Besides, no way would Taiga perform better than Haruhi vs. Tomoyo....Even Nanoha performance vs. Tomoyo was about equal to Haruhi's.

@TRE. True. Well, I'll put my buck on Rin as well.
Saimoe is more complicated than comparing two numbers. If you track the performance of both characters, you would know Tomoyo had a big advantage.
SpoilerShow
So says the person who quoted his performance ratings and stated that Tomoyo had a slight advantage. Even tracking her previous performance, I'm not seeing where the big advantage comes from. Her 9th match of each period seems to be especially good, for whatever reason...(I won't say it)But what she does before that match is no better than Haruhi. Considering how Tomoyo did vs. Nanoha and Taiga, I'm just saying It's unnatural for her to do that well vs. Haruhi.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:45 pm

It's as unnatural as Suiseiseki doing so poorly against C.C.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:18 pm

That's unnatural too, but I stopped trying to figure out how the RM faction operates long ago, now I just state awkward results when I see them and leave it at that. Shinku's weak performance vs. Hanyuu is awkward too..Would have made sense if SUigintou underperformed as well, but clearly that was not the case.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Which means everything you said about the RM faction is wrong. It's actually very stupid to campaign throughout Emerald and not Emerald 9; even against C.C. such a faction would not have taken that risk. And the arena itself isn't the most popular either so it's not a battle between two factions.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:44 pm

SpoilerShow
I'de say they campaigned, or however it is they manage to pull such numbers...It doesn't make a whole lot of sense but It's better than assuming the votes are not being skewed by a faction...which would make no sense at all. Results have been more sporadic than Florida sun showers during summer.

Occasionally it looks like RM faction pulls just enough votes to win, while trying not to look too powerful...Perhaps after their dominance in the previous matches, they took this match a little too lightly.

Edit:
But I think we can both agree this faction was 100% set on having Suisei win it. I'm sure you know how many upsets it took for Suisei to pull off that kind of SAO with her originally thought to be a weak schedule.
ithekro
Strike witch
Strike witch
Badges:

Post by ithekro » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 pm

Suigintou is still popular outside of the RM faction.

What is surprising is that the Suiseiseki vs. C.C. match wasn't the highest voted match, but rather the Fate vs. Shana match was. In fact there were eight matches that had more votes than Suiseiseki vs. C.C., including Reimu vs. Taiga (by one vote).
Space Opera
waterfall
Dancer
Dancer

Post by waterfall » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:08 pm

The net conclusion I draw from this is that ISML is impossible to predict. :p
Thanks Marinara for the sig. =D
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:13 am

I'm just willing to think that there's no faction at all and that everything resulted from demographic switches, even from match to match.

Or, you know, we only accepted 83.7% of the votes this time. Ever since chaosprophet did the votechecking, this percentage has been lower than usual.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 am

WoW! That was even unexpected for tactical voting abuse!

Kagami has less votes then Tsukasa! Haruhi lost.

On first sight it seems only Clannad could profit from the RM-faction, all other powers got pretty fucked up.

Either Haruhi and Lucky Star and Co. really does active lose fans up to date or ISML get's a stronger concentration of some fanbases/regions, but that means that ISML deffinitely no longer shows an real upscaled ladder of famous animecharacters.

Well, congratz to the overrated winner. Not that I would care, cause my favorites wouldn't have won with or without this fanbase, but I still declare RM as overrated average anime.

Oh, and for the posterity:

I never liked Tomoyo. Probably because I'm not the fan of boyish girls. But well, if that's how it is, the godess lost. [Sentence end here]
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 pm

melange wrote:
Yes this was one of the most illogical moves ever. All that time spent creating a system that makes it harder to tactical vote and its just given away?
If that really was my fault, I apologize ^^; . Still, I didn't think that when I posted it (I think I did it at AnimeSuki, but I can't find it), I didn't think that someone would actually go ahead and implement it, let alone get hundreds of voters to go along with it...
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:

Post by Chocola » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:10 pm

I think, minty, you should come online when I'm on and stop avoiding me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
runner97
Katana
Katana

Post by runner97 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:54 pm

minhtam1638 wrote:
melange wrote:
If that really was my fault, I apologize ^^; . Still, I didn't think that when I posted it (I think I did it at AnimeSuki, but I can't find it), I didn't think that someone would actually go ahead and implement it, let alone get hundreds of voters to go along with it...
People would still figure it out even if you never posted how to.
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:56 pm

runner97 wrote:
minhtam1638 wrote:
melange wrote:
People would still figure it out even if you never posted how to.
Yeah, but at the very least I could have waited until the RM faction figured it out, cracked it, and used it to their advantage before I post how they did it. At the very least I can use the argument on why I released the "how to crack ISML" method before the tourney began so that people would at least be on the same playing field, but that argument wouldn't be viable because it was never posted on site grounds. I think what Juice and melange are trying to say (other than "it's minty's fault") is that we created this year's system so that it would be harder for voters to tactical vote, and that voters should be able to spend more time looking at the system itself and devise a way to break the system "without assistance, direct or indirect, from the ISML technical staff". Unintentionally, I kind of broke that rule to show voters how the system can actually be broken, so that they wouldn't be surprised or enraged when something like this happened (and that didn't work out well).

I will not deny the possibility that it is not my fault, as the RM faction who broke the system could have easily done it without my help, and I haven't found any evidence that any English-speaking voters other than those who knew it via myself have broken the system, but if it turns out to be me that is ultimately the one at fault, like I said, my mistake, and I'll take full accountability for it.
Crisu
Wan Wan Wan
Wan Wan Wan
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Kinomoto Sakura
Wish: Fluency in Japanese

Post by Crisu » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:05 am

I'm sorry; I'm still not following this.

Have we just been playing a mere "game" with all our voters thus far?

Is this really supposed to be a fair, best-of-the-best moe competition for anime characters .. or just a battle of wits and mathematical puzzles for Internet users alike?

What are we doing designing a system that apparently is SUPPOSED to be broken? ...And the admins just sit back and watch to see how the masses argue amongst each other, use various pieces of propaganda as clues, or actually figure it out and then dominate the rest of the season?

I didn't think ISML could actually be a worldwide social experiment in disguise.
ImageImage
Signature by Hikari-chan
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:24 am

Are you guys refering to this post:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... count=1191" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't really say anything that's particularly difficult to figure out. "Have the character you are supporting ho 9-0 and have their old opponents win a bunch of matches" pretty much sums it up. "Make character you don't support that have high SDO near the end of the period lose" is also pretty obvious.

There's also this post:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... count=1551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it happens to be only one faction who figures it out and actually enables it, we're going to see one candidate sweep the last five necklaces, and that, to others, isn't fair. If I tell everyone how to crack it before the tourney begins, virtually everyone should be on even ground, so if they want desperately for said candidate to win, they would then know how.

It was a good guess, but because of Shana, they are only sweeping 4 out of the last 5 necklaces(and I guess it's technically 3 characters, but Suigintou could have won all of them if they wanted it to be that way). <_<
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:04 am

Crisu wrote:I'm sorry; I'm still not following this.

Have we just been playing a mere "game" with all our voters thus far?

Is this really supposed to be a fair, best-of-the-best moe competition for anime characters .. or just a battle of wits and mathematical puzzles for Internet users alike?

What are we doing designing a system that apparently is SUPPOSED to be broken? ...And the admins just sit back and watch to see how the masses argue amongst each other, use various pieces of propaganda as clues, or actually figure it out and then dominate the rest of the season?

I didn't think ISML could actually be a worldwide social experiment in disguise.
Haha, that's exactly what I'm thinking all the time. The loyal fans are getting pissed and the operators cares a bloody thing for it.

Let's see if the schedule-less idea works...