Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device
Worships: Fate Testarossa
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: To hug Fate-chan

Re: RESULTS - Emerald 9

Post by Demi. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 am

Hey, first time in awhile I spent two full days away from this forum. Should do it more often, as It's like a breath of fresh air.
Game8910
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
Worships: Nakagawa Kanon
Wish: Athena gets really popular in the future, also TWGOK S3

Post by Game8910 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Talec wrote:
Crisu wrote:The loyal fans are getting pissed and the operators cares a bloody thing for it.

Let's see if the schedule-less idea works...
Interesting you say that....the "loyal fans" account for what? 2% of the vote total? :bigsmile:
If we think this way, theres not much to really care about lol
Fate
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Melon Pan: 105
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Hei
2019 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2019 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
2018 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2018 Male Favorite: Sakata Gintoki
Wish: Perpetual joy for friends and family

Post by Fate » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Demi. wrote:Hey, first time in awhile I spent two full days away from this forum. Should do it more often, as It's like a breath of fresh air.
Welcome back!

p.s..I think I quit RoM...
ImageALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!Image
[url=irc://irc.rizon.net/Feitoism]#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net[/url]
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:
Worships: Evangeline McDowell
Wish: Future UQ Holder anime adaptation is done right.

Post by chaosprophet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm

I won't put the blame in the system. Even if it was more complicated it would only stop them from tatical voting to get the necklaces but they still would be able to tatical vote to get their chars better in the overall ranking. (this is a round-robin so they just need to make they chars win as much as they can and make others lose as much as they can)
They're able to do it because they are a big and organized group of people. Just like how other characters (Shana, Fate, Haruhi, etc) have a very big group of people voting for them.
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Game8910 wrote:Interesting you say that....the "loyal fans" account for what? 2% of the vote total? :bigsmile:
If we think this way, theres not much to really care about lol
Jep you're right. But what I said was in fact the same. Of course the operators are interested in many visites and votes. So they won't do something which pisses off the voters who are tactical voting.

@chaosprophet

Why has everyone to vote for every arena? that's the source of this whole problem! If there were only, let's say, 10 votes per round, people would have to decide if they're willing to vote for their favorites or antivote for all they hate. But not both, ergo: tactical voting strong limited.

I don't see the answer in a more complicated system, but much more in a more blunt system...
exec
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 15
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kanna Kamui
2019 Male Favorite: Shiota Nagisa
2018 Female Favorite: Holo
2018 Male Favorite: Astolfo

Post by exec » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:35 pm

chaosprophet wrote:They're able to do it because they are a big and organized group of people.
I don't think so, they are just loyal fans that's all. I think they didn't orginize anything, it's just that they vote accordingly, i mean if you know how to vote so that your chara gets max points, then don't be surprised if you find someone voting like you, becouse he also like this chara.... and that's what 's happend, they just voted...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

exec wrote:I don't think so, they are just loyal fans that's all. I think they didn't orginize anything, it's just that they vote accordingly, i mean if you know how to vote so that your chara gets max points, then don't be surprised if you find someone voting like you, becouse he also like this chara.... and that's what 's happend, they just voted...
Well considering how well they do it I think it's difficult for all of them to have the same idea. They should have at least a forum where they coordinate they efforts. Anyway it would change them to a big and smart fanbase which show that they're only being rewarded by their efforts.
Talec wrote:Why has everyone to vote for every arena? that's the source of this whole problem! If there were only, let's say, 10 votes per round, people would have to decide if they're willing to vote for their favorites or antivote for all they hate. But not both, ergo: tactical voting strong limited.
I don't think I understood what you said... voters have to vote in at least 8 arenas but not in all of them.
exec
~Senior Member~
~Senior Member~
Badges:
Melon Pan: 15
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kanna Kamui
2019 Male Favorite: Shiota Nagisa
2018 Female Favorite: Holo
2018 Male Favorite: Astolfo

Post by exec » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 pm

chaosprophet wrote:Well considering how well they do it I think it's difficult for all of them to have the same idea. They should have at least a forum where they coordinate they efforts. Anyway it would change them to a big and smart fanbase which show that they're only being rewarded by their efforts.
I'm just saying that it's too hard to unite such a group, and try not to underestimate people, they are as smart as you and me....
Eater-of-All
Dragon slayer
Dragon slayer
Badges:
Melon Pan: 65

Post by Eater-of-All » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Well, if the RM faction is willing to go analyze the system and coordinate a whole party to vote accordingly, maybe that shows that they do have the heart to help their girls. They're really just showing support in their own way, though not necessarily the way that doesn't piss people off :lol: . If they're just tactical voting for the hell of it though, then that's really a problem.
SpoilerShow
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:53 pm

What Talec is proposing is that you only get a number of votes, let's say 20 to be generous. That way, you have to make a choice between supporting your favorite characters or hate-voting other characters.

In my opinion, this can backfire. Amu is one of my favorite characters, but there's no way she can get anywhere further in this tournament, so why vote for her? No, it's better to vote against someone I hate. Now you're just losing more "moe" votes for more "tactical" votes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 pm

exec wrote:
chaosprophet wrote:They're able to do it because they are a big and organized group of people.
I don't think so, they are just loyal fans that's all. I think they didn't orginize anything, it's just that they vote accordingly, i mean if you know how to vote so that your chara gets max points, then don't be surprised if you find someone voting like you, becouse he also like this chara.... and that's what 's happend, they just voted...
I can't believe people still think this...

I would bet my left arm there is a large group secretly pulling the strings while laughing behind their monitors that every voter outside of the faction can't do a thing about their tactical voting. Not betting my right, 'cause I need that for night activity, and I wouldn't rule out the bot theory, either.

If you are okay with it, fine...But if you still think no faction exists...denial is the only remaining option.

@Kholdstare: As if any voter has more than 20 characters they truly support, anyways. Though I doubt that method would stop tactical voting...20 arenas leaves plenty of room to tactical vote in the more important arena, especialy for a group that mainly supports three characters.
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:13 am

Stand Alone Complex. Similar actions of individuals creating a seemingly concerted effort.
Demi. wrote:@Kholdstare: As if any voter has more than 20 characters they truly support, anyways. Though I doubt that method would stop tactical voting...20 arenas leaves plenty of room to tactical vote in the more important arena, especialy for a group that mainly supports three characters.
I've got 27. <_< If I was limited to 20 votes, I'd actually be more likely to try and game the system.
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Badges:
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

Post by Chocola » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:49 am

I think we should stop discussing this, see how the blind scheduling goes next year, and talk about the OT match in the other thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings, ISML Discord, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Demi.
Intelligent device
Intelligent device

Post by Demi. » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:24 am

Still going to make featured matches known though, right?
I've got 27. <_< If I was limited to 20 votes, I'd actually be more likely to try and game the system.
You must be of a rare breed of voters. Even the active voters who post...you can pretty much tell there are only a few characters they fully support. That's not to say they only like a few characters, but It's not something they bother to mention when said characters win/lose.
Talec
Dojikko
Dojikko

Post by Talec » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:53 am

KholdStare88 wrote:In my opinion, this can backfire. Amu is one of my favorite characters, but there's no way she can get anywhere further in this tournament, so why vote for her? No, it's better to vote against someone I hate. Now you're just losing more "moe" votes for more "tactical" votes.
Good argument, Fantasy would probably become much harder to forecast too, cause you never knew how many people are voting next round for character xy and how many support this character really has. However, on the other hand it would make the big matches somewhat more thrilling.

However the current system is completely nerve-wracking, in a bad way...
chaosprophet
Shinigami
Shinigami
Badges:

Post by chaosprophet » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Demi. wrote:Still going to make featured matches known though, right?
You must be of a rare breed of voters. Even the active voters who post...you can pretty much tell there are only a few characters they fully support. That's not to say they only like a few characters, but It's not something they bother to mention when said characters win/lose.
Well Demi I think the thing here is that if all characters going to have a match with each other, so you usually only care to root in the threads for the chracters that are on the very top, but at least half of the contestants would be characters I would like to won ISML even if I have my preferences.
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Talec wrote:
Crisu wrote:I'm sorry; I'm still not following this.

Have we just been playing a mere "game" with all our voters thus far?

Is this really supposed to be a fair, best-of-the-best moe competition for anime characters .. or just a battle of wits and mathematical puzzles for Internet users alike?

What are we doing designing a system that apparently is SUPPOSED to be broken? ...And the admins just sit back and watch to see how the masses argue amongst each other, use various pieces of propaganda as clues, or actually figure it out and then dominate the rest of the season?

I didn't think ISML could actually be a worldwide social experiment in disguise.
Haha, that's exactly what I'm thinking all the time. The loyal fans are getting pissed and the operators cares a bloody thing for it.

Let's see if the schedule-less idea works...
Woah, careful with your words there - don't think that the operators are a bunch of men in black sitting in a room running this stuff in the dark - we're all right here as well as on IRC. Maybe there will be some people who are hard to sway (I think I'm the hardest to convince, but I'd come through usually in 2 weeks), but generally speaking, if people would rather see something different implemented, as long as it correlates to the proper ideals of ISML (including but not limited to 7 necklaces, 1 tiara, RR, double-elim for tiara, all-female, all-time), then the proposal will be left on the table for the staff to consider and most likely implement, whether I myself like it or not.
Blue Neko
Katana
Katana

Post by Blue Neko » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Lol, i've been away for around 4 days and soo many things happened >.<

There's a bonus round? what's that all abt? xD
Edit: oh i see... the Tiebreaker thingy >.<

And.. yay!!!! Tomoyo won!!! <3
ilkaid
Paladin
Paladin
Worships: Furude Hanyū
Wish: More free time

Post by ilkaid » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 pm

I go away for a week and the forum seems to explode with posts @_@

Well although I waited a week to know the results Shana won and Haruhi lost thats good in my book :bigsmile: