Saimoe Wiki Project

The news blog has official ISML News. This forum is for additional news or news from other parts of the ISML Community.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Saimoe Wiki Project

Post by maglor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:57 pm

A thread for http://saimoe.wikia.com/wiki/Saimoe_Wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: Saimoe Wiki Project

Post by maglor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Brief history of Saimoe.

Creation and spread of Anime Saimoe Tournament

In 2002, people in 2chan grew curious at what might be the result of unbiased poll of characters from all the anime series, as none of the polls up to that time could be called as such, thus started the Saimoe. It was supposed to be fair poll, open to anyone interested. The tenure of the poll changed in 2005 as people in Lyrical Nanoha Thread and Rozen Maiden Thread started rallying people within their thread to do whatever it takes for their characters to win. The 'war' between two threads led to increase in voting due to the thread members asking for votes in many different websites, which eventually made the international community aware of the event. It also made the Saimoe website offer English help to the non-Japanese voters.

Creation and globalization of Best Moe Tournament

International fame the Saimoe started to attract made Anizone.net be interested in hosting their own moe tournament for the Koreans in 2006, which lead to creation of Best Moe Tournament. In 2007, Best Moe Tournament experimented with Male division, and while this was supposed to be more of practice run for the Female division, the Male division became surprise success due to large number of female anime fans' participation. In hope to attract even more diverse group of voters, Best Moe Tournament Female Division in 2007 began offering full English version of the Tournament website, followed by versions in Japanese and Chinese. When it became known that group of Vietnamese voters may have been responsible for success of certain characters in Best Moe, its popularity increased even further.

Even more Globalization for some

Many unpredicted things happened in 2007 Best Moe Tournament's Female Division match. In order to further find out what else may happen, the Best Moe Staff decided to try a condense format of moe tournament, which lead to formation of Super Best Moe 2006-07, where only those who demonstrated success in previous Best Moe Tournaments would be allowed to enter. This experiment was surprising success with international crowd, most of them hoping for some sort of consolation for their character's defeat in Anime Saimoe Tournament. This success became the catalyst for creation of International Saimoe League. Today, while Anime Saimoe Tournament restricts international access for some reasons, Best Moe Tournament and International Saimoe League strives to make the event one where anime fans all over the world can express their opinions about various characters, and also one where people may get acquainted with new characters.
BT Salt
Uguu~
Uguu~
Badges:
Worships: THE GREAT SALT SHAKER
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Male Favorite: Shirogane Miyuki
2019 Female Favorite: Violet Evergarden
Wish: MY GREATEST WISH IS THE COMPLETE AND UTTER DESTRUCTION OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT

Post by BT Salt » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 am

this wiki has since long abandoned... who was the admin on this wiki? i'd like to be admin since i've been keeping this wiki alive with new content since april 2020. i need help with content creation and moderation man.

anyway, i'm making a comprehensive article for isml 2020 which contains almost all of the essential stats --- a "one-stop shop" so a user doesn't need to be clicking on many pages in the isml website. Now with new tables and face templates.
My gripe on this wikia website is the layout itself. That "Popular Pages" tab narrows the page down. And for a page with many tables, it's going to be naturally very long.

Link here: https://saimoe.fandom.com/wiki/ISML_2020

Oh and if you're going to browse Wikia / Fandom, use ublock origin or make an account to avoid those annoying ads.
Also the saimoe wikia is not recommended for mobile layouts. If you're on mobile, use the "Select Desktop Site" on your browser, if you're okay with it.
formerly known as lordzymeth
SOLE EDITOR AND CURATOR OF THE S***** WIKIA --- https://saimoe.fandom.com/
-----
there is nothing to talk about, nor there is anyone to talk to.
BT Salt
Uguu~
Uguu~
Badges:
Worships: THE GREAT SALT SHAKER
2020 Male Favorite: Shirogane Miyuki
2019 Female Favorite: Violet Evergarden
Wish: MY GREATEST WISH IS THE COMPLETE AND UTTER DESTRUCTION OF LIFE AS WE KNOW IT

Post by BT Salt » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:46 am

UPDATE ?????
Copy-pasted Archived @Momento10 featured matches and @Hachiko bedlam articles under the "Fluff" tab in ISML 2020
formerly known as lordzymeth
SOLE EDITOR AND CURATOR OF THE S***** WIKIA --- https://saimoe.fandom.com/
-----
there is nothing to talk about, nor there is anyone to talk to.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm

On behalf of the Bedlam (i.e. myself), thank you for reposting my content. The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue will continue to post its coverage of this tournament and subsequent editions.