Saimoe Wiki Project

The news blog has official ISML News. This forum is for additional news or news from other parts of the ISML Community.
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Female Favorite: Chtholly Nota Seniorious
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Saimoe Wiki Project

Post by maglor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:57 pm

A thread for http://saimoe.wikia.com/wiki/Saimoe_Wiki" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maglor
~Fukou da~
~Fukou da~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Abriel Nei Debrusc Borl Paryun Lafiel
Melon Pan: 75
2020 Female Favorite: Holo
2020 Male Favorite: Natsume Takashi
2019 Female Favorite: Akemi Homura
2019 Male Favorite: Arima Kōsei
2018 Male Favorite: Yang Wenli
Wish: More people being open to alternatives and compromises.

Re: Saimoe Wiki Project

Post by maglor » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm

Brief history of Saimoe.

Creation and spread of Anime Saimoe Tournament

In 2002, people in 2chan grew curious at what might be the result of unbiased poll of characters from all the anime series, as none of the polls up to that time could be called as such, thus started the Saimoe. It was supposed to be fair poll, open to anyone interested. The tenure of the poll changed in 2005 as people in Lyrical Nanoha Thread and Rozen Maiden Thread started rallying people within their thread to do whatever it takes for their characters to win. The 'war' between two threads led to increase in voting due to the thread members asking for votes in many different websites, which eventually made the international community aware of the event. It also made the Saimoe website offer English help to the non-Japanese voters.

Creation and globalization of Best Moe Tournament

International fame the Saimoe started to attract made Anizone.net be interested in hosting their own moe tournament for the Koreans in 2006, which lead to creation of Best Moe Tournament. In 2007, Best Moe Tournament experimented with Male division, and while this was supposed to be more of practice run for the Female division, the Male division became surprise success due to large number of female anime fans' participation. In hope to attract even more diverse group of voters, Best Moe Tournament Female Division in 2007 began offering full English version of the Tournament website, followed by versions in Japanese and Chinese. When it became known that group of Vietnamese voters may have been responsible for success of certain characters in Best Moe, its popularity increased even further.

Even more Globalization for some

Many unpredicted things happened in 2007 Best Moe Tournament's Female Division match. In order to further find out what else may happen, the Best Moe Staff decided to try a condense format of moe tournament, which lead to formation of Super Best Moe 2006-07, where only those who demonstrated success in previous Best Moe Tournaments would be allowed to enter. This experiment was surprising success with international crowd, most of them hoping for some sort of consolation for their character's defeat in Anime Saimoe Tournament. This success became the catalyst for creation of International Saimoe League. Today, while Anime Saimoe Tournament restricts international access for some reasons, Best Moe Tournament and International Saimoe League strives to make the event one where anime fans all over the world can express their opinions about various characters, and also one where people may get acquainted with new characters.
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:
Worships: THE GREAT SALT SHAKER
Melon Pan: 50
2020 Male Favorite: Shirogane Miyuki
2019 Female Favorite: Violet Evergarden
Wish: TO BECOME THE CONTEST'S PRIMARY TOURNAMENT RUNNER. PREFERABLY KLINGON-STYLE.

Post by BT Salt » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 am

this wiki has since long abandoned... who was the admin on this wiki? i'd like to be admin since i've been keeping this wiki alive with new content since april 2020. i need help with content creation and moderation man.

anyway, i'm making a comprehensive article for isml 2020 which contains almost all of the essential stats --- a "one-stop shop" so a user doesn't need to be clicking on many pages in the isml website. Now with new tables and face templates.
My gripe on this wikia website is the layout itself. That "Popular Pages" tab narrows the page down. And for a page with many tables, it's going to be naturally very long.

Link here: https://saimoe.fandom.com/wiki/ISML_2020

Oh and if you're going to browse Wikia / Fandom, use ublock origin or make an account to avoid those annoying ads.
Also the saimoe wikia is not recommended for mobile layouts. If you're on mobile, use the "Select Desktop Site" on your browser, if you're okay with it.
formerly known as lordzymeth
SOLE EDITOR AND CURATOR OF THE S***** WIKIA --- https://saimoe.fandom.com/
----- SCREAM INTO THE VOID FOR AS LOUD AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN !
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:
Wish: TO BECOME THE CONTEST'S PRIMARY TOURNAMENT RUNNER. PREFERABLY KLINGON-STYLE.

Post by BT Salt » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:46 am

UPDATE ?????
Copy-pasted Archived @Momento10 featured matches and @Hachiko bedlam articles under the "Fluff" tab in ISML 2020
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2019 Male Favorite: Azusagawa Sakuta
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Post by Hachiko » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm

On behalf of the Bedlam (i.e. myself), thank you for reposting my content. The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue will continue to post its coverage of this tournament and subsequent editions.
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

Re: saimoe wikia - ENKIDU NAME CHANGE

Post by BT Salt » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm

after scouring several wikia sources and several anime sites (Basically anything i can do without actually watching the anime) i created an explanation of why enkidu's name in this contest was changed to "kingu (enkidu)"
Link: https://saimoe.fandom.com/wiki/ISML_202 ... ame_change

there's bound to be some mistakes in the information there; i really really need help especially from the contest runners who made the decision to change his name.
The official "announcements" on the enkidu name change is LACKING. You might inadvertently SPOIL some of the voters here. (Not that they care anyways)
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

KINGU (ENKIDU) NAME CHANGE???

Post by BT Salt » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:55 pm

Hachiko wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
On behalf of the Bedlam (i.e. myself), thank you for reposting my content. The Bedlam on Baltic Avenue will continue to post its coverage of this tournament and subsequent editions.
@Hachiko Whatever man. Are you really a team, or is it just a solo act?

imma provoke some staff here.
@maglor Since you're the tournament runner here and @starryrainynight the most prominent Chinese staff member....
Please explain why did you choose "Kingu (Enkidu)". Is it a compromise? An alternative? Or a placeholder name?
I personally oppose the neme change because i prefer "Enkidu", but nonetheless i appreciate a good, proper explanation why so i can document it in the isml 2020 wikia page.
Link: https://saimoe.fandom.com/wiki/ISML_202 ... ame_change

Follow-up questions:
Were the nomination ballots counted only "Enkidu" and not "Kingu"?
Several anime sites only listed Enkidu's name. And F/GO has Enkidu as a Servant, but not the latter.
I assume the "Kingu" one is SPOILER information in the story. Hell, when I searched its wikia pages, apparently he has NO PHYSICAL FORM, so he basically possessed Enkidu's body.
But i don't know if the Japanese anime credits both characters in the cast though...
starryrainynight
Rogue
Rogue
Badges:
Worships: Takanashi Rikka
2020 Female Favorite: Kafū Chino
2020 Male Favorite: Riku Dola
2019 Female Favorite: Kitashirakawa Tamako
2018 Female Favorite: Takanashi Rikka
2018 Male Favorite: Togashi Yūta

Post by starryrainynight » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:35 am

We received appeals from both Chinese Enkidu fans and Kingu fans that time, saying that we used Enkidu name but Kingu avatar.
Then staff did researched several websites and the F/GO anime, discussed for several days.

The conclusions are:
Enkidu and Kingu are two characters.
Kingu is eligible for 2020 Main event, but Enkidu is not. Enkidu will be eligible for 2021.
Both Enkidu and Kingu received enough nomination votes, Enkidu more.
Because of some reasons, even Enkidu and Kingu fans were not sure about them, did not know which name they should write in nomination period. And we did receive reports that some Kingu fans nominated Enkidu because they did not know whether Kingu is eligible.
Several anime sites only listed Enkidu's name, which means most of the casual anime fans were not aware how serious the difference between Kingu (who is definitely male by his own admission) and Enkidu (genderless, but we should default to male since the claimant to the body of Enkidu, Kingu, claimed to be male).

So, our decision is:
Because it was too late to do rematch (Aquamarine 1 already finished that time), we keep Kingu avatar and change the name to Kingu (Enkidu), as an interim solution for 2020.
Since we now realize the serious of distinction, in 2021 we will strictly differentiate Kingu and Enkidu.
ImageImage
More sigs...Show
Favorite characters list (Last Update: Dec 6th, 2020)Show
Female
1 Alice Cartelet
2 Kafū Chino
3 Takanashi Rikka
4 Komichi Aya
5 Kitashirakawa Tamako
6 Isshiki Iroha
7 Ibara Mayaka
8 Nakano Azusa
9 Kirima Sharo
10 Akiyama Mio
11 Aisaka Taiga
12 Hoto Kokoa
13 Izumi Sagiri
14 Chitanda Eru
15 Minami Kotori
16 Nishikino Maki

Male
1 Togashi Yūta
2 Riku Dola
3 Oreki Hōtarō
4 Fukube Satoshi
5 Azusagawa Sakuta
6 Takasu Ryūji
7 Sora
8 Totsuka Saika
9 Ōji Mochizō
10 Hikigaya Hachiman
11 Tachibana Taki
12 Arima Kōsei
13 Ishigami Yū
14 Rimuru Tempest
15 Satō Kazuma
16 Azumi Kotarō
You can also find me at:
Bangumi Bilibili Moegirl MyAnimeList Tieba
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

Post by BT Salt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:50 pm

@starryrainynight
so in the end.... it's the Chinese majority that voted him in the first place. Truly a hallmark of CSML.
wait, that's it?
did maglor alone decided this, or did he work with the other staff in some chatroom i don't know of?
Isn't the existence of "Kingu" a spoiler in of itself? IN MY OPINION, I think the typical anime-only watcher ISN"T SUPPOSED TO KNOW that enkidu's body is controlled by this.. FORMLESS PUPPET until later. Has this fact even revealed in the anime? Because I haven't watched the FGO babylonia adaptation yet.
Plus, i haven't heard of kingu's name until this happened; in several anime sites i use, the cast for FGO Babylonia only lists Enkidu. NOT kingu.
Like in MyAnimeList: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38084/Fat ... characters
This just adds to the confusion since there might be several Western voters who are unaware of Kingu's presence.

If the japanese anime itself has any sort of kingu's name in the credits cast, it might solve this predicament.

Oh and by the way, if you can't access the wikia, i wrote this in isml 2020's incidents section:
SpoilerShow
Enkidu name change
During the Aquamarine period, the name of Enkidu (Fate/Grand Order) was changed to "Kingu (Enkidu)" after a thread posted in the ISML Tieba claimed that the character displayed in the icon isn't really Enkidu, but a different character with an identical appearance named Kingu. The claim was primarily based on the differing eye colors between the two characters: in the official art, Enkidu is depicted with green eyes, while Kingu's eyes are purple.

Fate lore explanation (What's the difference?)
Enkidu (False Lancer) first appeared in the spin-off light novel Fate/strange Fake, authored by Ryohgo Narita and illustrated by Morii Shizuki. On the other hand, Kingu first appeared as an antagonist in one of Fate/Grand Order 's chapters, titled "Babylon: The Absolute Frontline in the War Against the Demonic Beasts".

When it comes to animated adaptations however, both characters made their debut appearance in the 2019 TV series "Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia", an adaptation of the Babylon chapter.

In the Babylonia chapter, Enkidu appears as a corpse which was subsequently inhabited by Kingu (not related to the Babylonian mythological figure). A creation of the goddess Tiamat, Kingu is a soul without a recognizable form, and by possessing Enkidu's body, the soul is able to take the latter's appearance, powers and abilities, as well as sharing the same voice actress (Yuu Kobayashi). In other words, the "Enkidu" that we see in the chapter is actually controlled by a different entity with its own personality.

However, there are some conflicting accounts to this:

In several anime sites, the Babylonia anime adaptation only lists "Enkidu" as one of its characters, despite having purple eyes instead of green. This is likely an attempt to hide the existence of "Kingu" possessing the former's body, which is regarded as a spoiler, or it assumes that the two characters are both sides of the same entity. MyAnimeList link
In the Fate/Grand Order video game, Enkidu appears as one of its playable characters. Enkidu are Kingu are generally assumed to be one and the same. In the Enkidu interlude, which took place after the events of the Babylonia chapter, the green-haired Servant assimilates Kingu (or what's left of it) into themselves.
There's also a tieba thread somewhere, but i can't find it. Has it been deleted?

EDIT 1: I guess it was according to TvTropes: the character in question is referred as "Enkidu" (quotes intentional); implying it's a fake. Also the story is said to take place after the events of "The Epic of Gilgamesh", which ends with Enkidu dying; these were the hints that something is off about this guy.
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... tBabylonia
Last edited by BT Salt on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starryrainynight
Rogue
Rogue
Badges:
Worships: Takanashi Rikka
2020 Female Favorite: Kafū Chino
2020 Male Favorite: Riku Dola
2019 Female Favorite: Kitashirakawa Tamako
2018 Female Favorite: Takanashi Rikka
2018 Male Favorite: Togashi Yūta

Post by starryrainynight » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 pm

It is OUR decision.
starryrainynight wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:35 am
Then staff did researched several websites and the F/GO anime, discussed for several days.
I don't know about Fate. But we had staff who rewatched the FGO anime and gave us information.

What I know is,
In some other Chinese Wikis, for example, Baidu and Moegirl, these two characters have their own pages.
And both of these two names appeared in cast list of the anime.
ImageImage
More sigs...Show
Favorite characters list (Last Update: Dec 6th, 2020)Show
Female
1 Alice Cartelet
2 Kafū Chino
3 Takanashi Rikka
4 Komichi Aya
5 Kitashirakawa Tamako
6 Isshiki Iroha
7 Ibara Mayaka
8 Nakano Azusa
9 Kirima Sharo
10 Akiyama Mio
11 Aisaka Taiga
12 Hoto Kokoa
13 Izumi Sagiri
14 Chitanda Eru
15 Minami Kotori
16 Nishikino Maki

Male
1 Togashi Yūta
2 Riku Dola
3 Oreki Hōtarō
4 Fukube Satoshi
5 Azusagawa Sakuta
6 Takasu Ryūji
7 Sora
8 Totsuka Saika
9 Ōji Mochizō
10 Hikigaya Hachiman
11 Tachibana Taki
12 Arima Kōsei
13 Ishigami Yū
14 Rimuru Tempest
15 Satō Kazuma
16 Azumi Kotarō
You can also find me at:
Bangumi Bilibili Moegirl MyAnimeList Tieba
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

Post by BT Salt » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:05 pm

Huh. Now i understand.
You probably know this, but enkidu originally appeared in fate/strange fake, which has NO ANIME ADAPTATION
And since isml only allows those with anime shows, he is ineligible this year. Coz in the anime that he appears in, he's DEAD and POSSESSED.
Well it's actually SPOILER but who cares?
So for next year, if both kingu and enkidu qualified for main event, will the 2020 website retroactively change the character's name to just "Kingu"?
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

Post by BT Salt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:38 pm

Imma rant
SpoilerShow
how do i ping everyone here coz im pissed at this progress
Why don't you ever contribute information on this wiki? i mean, you have a LOT of people here who know more about this contest than I do. Especially the contests way before 2020.
The wikia site is pretty much the largest here so im staying here; it's a lot of work to relocate it to some other MediaWiki site.
Hell, even the Chinese moegirl site has more information that this wiki project.
What the fuck.
Ahhhhh
I need MORE EXPERIENCED members. Or if you dont wanna, lemme be an admin on the saimoe wikia co im its sole major contributor this year.

Rant over.

TLDR: I'm going to revive the wikia. I will post updates here. Also pls give me attention XD

Shoutouts to kurogaga though, she wants to contribute in any way and has done it before this year, but rl comes first
So I will post updates here, and my mission is to:
Make the wikia the primary and reliable source of info regarding anime chara popularity contests. Even if it means INVOLVING THE MODS AND ADMINS WHO RUN THIS CONTEST.
Hachiko
Heavenly Tiara
Heavenly Tiara
Worships: Kaname Madoka
2020 Female Favorite: Aisaka Taiga
2020 Male Favorite: Agatsuma Zen'itsu
2019 Female Favorite: Kaname Madoka
2018 Male Favorite: Hikigaya Hachiman
Wish: An awesome 2020 ISML.

Re: KINGU (ENKIDU) NAME CHANGE???

Post by Hachiko » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:39 pm

BT Salt wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:55 pm
Hachiko wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:47 pm
@Hachiko Whatever man. Are you really a team, or is it just a solo act?
Ha! As the Giant Beaver from FFXIV would say, "Some things are best left a mystery." 8-)
BT Salt
Crimson lord
Crimson lord
Badges:

Post by BT Salt » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

added several male pages. https://saimoe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Male_Character
latest were eren, saika, and kuro no rider