ISML 2015 - Structural Changes

The news blog has official ISML News. This forum is for additional news or news from other parts of the ISML Community.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty
Worships: Kousaka Reina
Melon Pan: 50
Wish: Hikachu to not hate me

ISML 2015 - Structural Changes

Post by Chocola » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Starting next year, the following changes will take effect:
  1. The exhibition period will cease to exist. It has outlived its usefulness.
  2. ISML will introduce the Male division (currently not named) alongside with the Nova and Stella divisions.
  3. The ISML 2015 Schedule will be moved to March 1 - December 4 (tentative) to accommodate for these changes.
  4. Male division nominations will be held alongside with Nova nominations, starting March 1, lasting 2 weeks.
  5. The Preliminary Period will be changed. There will only be group stages instead of the stupidly complicated mess we have now. In the first four days, contestants will be put into groups, and the last place of each group is eliminated. In the last four days, contestants will be put into groups, and the winner(s) of each group will be admitted into regular season. Reseeding/shifting will happen between each round.
  6. After 8 days of prelims, 3 more days will be dedicated to the Winter Seasonal plus some Male division seeding matches. The Winter Seasonal will be held during the Preliminary Period + Aquamarine Period.
  7. The Spring and Summer Seasonal will be held during Amethyst Period to Postseason 1.
  8. The Fall Seasonal will be held during Postseason 2.
  9. All seasonal tournaments will start with 32 contestants. The overall seasonal winner will be decided in a group of 4 instead of arbitrarily bracketing 4 contestants.
  10. The Male division championship bracket will take place during Postseason 2, with a single-elimination bracket of the Top 8.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MAL Ratings ISML Chat, Saimoe Blog, Saimoe Wiki
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
And that is...the view from the top.
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Re: ISML 2015 - Structural Changes

Post by Reverend » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Dear Kholdy,
a few question regarding preliminary (I'm still trying to understand, gomen):
1. How much group will be made in day 5-8? 9 group each day or perhaps there's another number combination (for example: 12 10 8 6) ?
2. Isn't a stronger character will naturally top the group they are in on day 1-4 unless there's another strong character there? Then why not put more meaning in day 1-4 and let the winner of each group went through while the lowest of each group eliminated? (I don't know, I'm bad with number combination but I suspect you guys could cut the number of day used to 6 (perhaps) with that system)

Thank you.

btw, a few name suggestion for Male Division:
-Sagitarius: from the zodiac Sagitarius, symbolized as the centaur (werehorse) archer.
-Mars: The actual symbol of manhood used this day.
-Gladius: The primary sword of ancient Roman soldier. The sword.
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
minhtam1638
Phantom
Phantom
Wish: An endless supply of Coca-Cola. Tax free.

Post by minhtam1638 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:51 pm

Question: From my understanding of what I've read, the Male Division RS is concurrent with the Nova and Stella regular seasons but will be completely separate. Right?
DarknessHid
Wise wolf
Wise wolf
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: xtina
Wish: christina aguilera to go on tour

Post by DarknessHid » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:23 pm

Kholdy wrote: [*]ISML will introduce the Male division (currently not named) alongside with the Nova and Stella divisions.

[*]Male division nominations will be held alongside with Nova nominations, starting March 1, lasting 2

[*]The Male division championship bracket will take place during Postseason 2, with a single-elimination bracket of the Top 8.
:ascii15: WOOHOOOOO
thank you santa
Bastion
Titan
Titan
Badges:
Wish: People who actually want to do their jobs.

Post by Bastion » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Nova, Stella and Males? Will each division have an equal number of participants? I think we should have something take the place of the Male Tournament/Exhibition Tournament instead of just moving the timing. There are/were other suggestions for tournaments back then before the Male division started.
BugH
[Komoe's Apprentice]
[Komoe's Apprentice]
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Mental Out
Melon Pan: 13
Wish: Unlimited Paper Works

Post by BugH » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 pm

so the male will fill the exhibition's space
then, we'll have a long calendar for next year
it's good to voters if we arrange so there's no too long break intra-period like what happened now, between final tiara and next diadem
:3
Image>Thanks to my secret santa<
Team Rocket Elite
Moon princess
Moon princess
Badges:
Worships: Bernkastel
Wish: dried plums to go with the tea.

Post by Team Rocket Elite » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:57 pm

When is the latest an character can show up to be eligible for ISML 2015? Since nominations start in March, will meeting to notability criteria by February 28 be sufficient? The Kancolle fanbase is very interested in the response to this question.

If Winter 2015 character are eligible for ISML 2015 Preliminaries, how will the Winter tournament work? Can characters be in both the Winter tournament and the regular season? If not, isn't it a bit weird to run a tournament after skimming off all the top competitors?
A miracle that you believe in when you know it won't happen......... is hope.
10ZHAbin
Spirit hunter
Spirit hunter
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Leina

Post by 10ZHAbin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Round Robin for males! Oh my god... :love:
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:05 pm

Reverend wrote:1. How much group will be made in day 5-8? 9 group each day or perhaps there's another number combination (for example: 12 10 8 6) ?
2. Isn't a stronger character will naturally top the group they are in on day 1-4 unless there's another strong character there? Then why not put more meaning in day 1-4 and let the winner of each group went through while the lowest of each group eliminated? (I don't know, I'm bad with number combination but I suspect you guys could cut the number of day used to 6 (perhaps) with that system)
1. We will show the details later. It's not confirmed yet.
2. There is great uncertainty with nominations, leading to unequal groups. Therefore, we cannot admit the winner immediately from these unequal groups. After reseeding from days 1-4, we are confident enough in group distribution to start admitting characters. A good example was Akatsuki from Log Horizon in this year which ranked 8th in nominations, but ended up not making regular season.
Team Rocket Elite wrote:When is the latest an character can show up to be eligible for ISML 2015? Since nominations start in March, will meeting to notability criteria by February 28 be sufficient? The Kancolle fanbase is very interested in the response to this question.

If Winter 2015 character are eligible for ISML 2015 Preliminaries, how will the Winter tournament work? Can characters be in both the Winter tournament and the regular season? If not, isn't it a bit weird to run a tournament after skimming off all the top competitors?
Eligibility does not change. Only 2014 anime or earlier are eligible.
minhtam1638 wrote:Question: From my understanding of what I've read, the Male Division RS is concurrent with the Nova and Stella regular seasons but will be completely separate. Right?
Yes. There will be no mixing of the male and female divisions.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A tall, towering wall looms in front of me. Beyond that is something that I could never to see on my own.
Srysama
Kunoichi
Kunoichi
Wish: ...

Post by Srysama » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Male division!? I hope male characters can be given posters during regular season, although the likelihood is almost zero.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:35 pm

maglor should be here to answer all your questions so you can blame him, but he's hiding.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
houreki
~Lurking Terror~
~Lurking Terror~
Badges:
ImageImageImage
Melon Pan: 18
2020 Female Favorite: Emilia
2020 Male Favorite: Okazaki Tomoya
2019 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2019 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki
2018 Female Favorite: Nishimiya Shōko
2018 Male Favorite: Bakugō Katsuki

Post by houreki » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Talking about Maglor, he said that there's was a possibility to change the auto qualification in stella.
is going to change or it will remain the same?
ImageImage
SpoilerShow
Image ImageImage Thanks for all the awesome sigs :>
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:59 pm

My prediction: One day we'll have two groups of ISML staff. One holds the girls tournament, and the other holds the boys tournament. In other words, ISML will be truly made of two parts by the time.
I predict this will come true in 10 years.
Magnux7
Seitokaichou
Seitokaichou
Worships: Shana
Melon Pan: 85
Wish: More cute yuri in anime *-*

Post by Magnux7 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Kholdy wrote: [*]ISML will introduce the Male division (currently not named) alongside with the Nova and Stella divisions.

[*]Male division nominations will be held alongside with Nova nominations, starting March 1, lasting 2 weeks.

[*]The Male division championship bracket will take place during Postseason 2, with a single-elimination bracket of the Top 8.[/list]
This is great!! I've waited for this to happen! :D
Image Image
CureRainbow
State alchemist
State alchemist
Badges:
Worships: Magical girls
Wish: everyone to be ultra happy!

Post by CureRainbow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Aww, I was hoping for an exhibition period :< oh well...

But, the rest of this is great. Male Saimoe with Nova and Stella? HELL YES. <3333
Many thanks to Hikarin for making the amazing Akari~n sig!~
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:30 pm

By the way, that also means no male tournament will happen this year, although the 2 seasonal tournaments will still be scheduled.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Reverend
~Planetarian~
~Planetarian~
Badges:
ImageImage
Worships: Sofia Jalapeno Viviage
Melon Pan: 4
Wish: To die... ASAP.

Post by Reverend » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Homura wrote:My prediction: One day we'll have two groups of ISML staff. One holds the girls tournament, and the other holds the boys tournament. In other words, ISML will be truly made of two parts by the time.
I predict this will come true in 10 years.
I think it will be faster: 6-7 years maybe???
after all: people got bored quite immediately, that's why the need of expansion is imminent

I can only pray there will be enough volunteers to handle the great amount of development in the years to come
(and I can only pray ISML will still have enough budget to pay the server maintenance cost for the years to come...)

ps.: and I pray there will still be a free source of anime in the future.. no free anime = less free voters = less vote = end of ISML
Giving his love for life, and died dreaming about her in the end. A real happy man, right? ~
Ash Falls Town
Space pirate
Space pirate
Worships: Sumomo Akihime
Wish: Secret

Post by Ash Falls Town » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Will male division be all males including games/manga etc? Like last year.
Or will it change back to anime only? Like the two years before that.

Just double checking.
Anyway I have no idea whether this will help the guys I like get in but I don't think it'll hurt so...
Bring it on.
Chocola
Hikarin's Kitty
Hikarin's Kitty

Post by Chocola » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:07 am

Since the male tournament is now "official" in a sense, it will be anime only with eligibility similar to female.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Homura
[Apprentice Magician]
[Apprentice Magician]
Badges:
Melon Pan: 55
2020 Female Favorite: Shiina Mashiro
2020 Male Favorite: Lelouch Lamperouge
2019 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2019 Male Favorite: Levi
2018 Female Favorite: Makise Kurisu
2018 Male Favorite: Yukihira Sōma

Post by Homura » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:09 am

Reverend wrote:I can only pray there will be enough volunteers to handle the great amount of development in the years to come
This is the reason why I conservatively predicted it might take up to 10 years.
Reverend wrote:ps.: and I pray there will still be a free source of anime in the future.. no free anime = less free voters = less vote = end of ISML
Furthermore, I'm a bit worried about the Japanese animation industry. They have been producing too many moe-anime series in recent years, and people are starting getting bored, but it seems like they will continue doing those for years. No good (free) anime = less voters = less vote = end of ISML
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance type of anime (or light novel) is a good example. I don't mean it's bad, but there are just way too many...